collapse

Author Topic: New Exclusive Sonic Title for Wii Announced  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
Re: New Exclusive Sonic Title for Wii Announced
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 10:21:57 PM »
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......................somebody.......................CUUUUUUUT!!!
What's wrong with sonic having a sword? HUH?!

yeah! everybody has been biitching about it lately because a sword doesn't fit sonic...
Currently in need of one

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 16, 2008, 07:20:26 PM
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »
Whats next, sonic and the nights of the round? Sonic vs Jason? Sonic Space Wars? Sonic in Soul Caliber 5? Sonic 90210? LMAO! ya gotta be kiddin me. Even mario didnt go that far! This is the kinda stuff that lead to Sega's Death in the first place...

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 10:25:09 PM »
if you dont like it. then dont worry about it. its not like your going to get it if you dont like it :\

and wtf. if mario can use a super soaker. then why cant sonic use a sword?

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 10:25:56 PM »
if you dont like it. then dont worry about it. its not like your going to get it if you dont like it :\

and wtf. if mario can use a super soaker. then why cant sonic use a sword?

yeah, but this is the internet, everybody yells their opinion out
Currently in need of one

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 10:27:03 PM »
alright cool guy it dont matter if i dont like it. I know the majority of the world doesnt cuz if they did, then Sega would still be having consoles.

i mean everyone else can yell there opinion out and not make any sense at all but if ol' Shinra does it, you wanna have my head chopped off cuzzo some video game. thats just as pointless as having a cartoon hedgehog go up against the real world.

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 10:28:53 PM »
Whats next, sonic and the nights of the round? Sonic vs Jason? Sonic Space Wars? Sonic in Soul Caliber 5? Sonic 90210? LMAO! ya gotta be kiddin me. Even mario didnt go that far! This is the kinda stuff that lead to Sega's Death in the first place...

Agreed, and to think Sega once was a awesome company too. It's sad to see Sega become such a crappy developer now compared to what they used to be. I miss the Sega Genesis days....good times.

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 10:30:09 PM »

Agreed, and to think Sega once was a awesome company too. It's sad to see Sega become such a crappy developer now compared to what they used to be. I miss the Sega Genesis days....good times.

=D>

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 10:34:31 PM »
I still think sega is cool
Currently in need of one

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 20, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2008, 10:42:41 PM »

Sega IS still cool. Not ascool as they were in the 90's, but cool nontheless. Besides, if Sega's still around, they have to be doing something right.
(Man, I hate typing on the Wii...)

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 21, 2010, 12:00:11 AM
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2008, 10:46:07 PM »
Sega still makes some good games

House of the Dead 4
Virtua Fighter 5
The Incredible Hulk

I know the last couple of Sonic games (Sonic 360/ps3 and Shadow GC/PS2 sucked) but that doesn't mean the entire company does

"I am two people"      Cyclysm & Sgt.Rotter

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2008, 11:10:22 PM »

House of the Dead 4
Virtua Fighter 5
The Incredible Hulk

I know the last couple of Sonic games (Sonic 360/ps3 and Shadow GC/PS2 sucked) but that doesn't mean the entire company does

yup. and they said they are looking over the bad things and are going to fix them in later games... wait.... i think i already typed that before :P

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2008, 11:15:36 PM »
Personally I think it's sad that people are satisfied with the Sega nowadays. They could be so much better if they got their act together and focused on quality rather than a quick buck. They got to get back to what they used to be...I want the Sega of old back. Sonic has got to get back to basics and be like his 16-bit counter part. Sonic has changed drastically and just isn't cool anymore or any fun. No more gimmicks, no more stupid new characters, no more voices..just fast, simple, old skool classic gameplay. I personally think Sonic is better suited to 2D because of his speed. If Sega was still awesome and bad@ss and knew what they were doing..they would still be in the console race. I loved Sega systems and it just feels empty not to see them anymore. Sony and Microsoft can take a hike....I want the lean mean Sega back. I pretty much stopped playing consoles when Sega left the scene....Sega was the home for the hardcore, the true elite. Sega now is just a hollow shell of what they once were...it's really sad. Well that's enough ranting from this old timer....I've just become a jaded gamer after all these years and seeing all the big changes to this industry that I don't like..so don't take it personally.

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2008, 11:17:31 PM »
the only thing i like sega for is Sonic 1 for the genesis and for Rumble fish series...

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2008, 11:51:16 PM »
*sigh*

ITT: We bash Sega.  :-@
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 20, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2008, 11:51:48 PM »
Personally I think it's sad that people are satisfied with the Sega nowadays. They could be so much better if they got their act together and focused on quality rather than a quick buck. They got to get back to what they used to be...I want the Sega of old back. Sonic has got to get back to basics and be like his 16-bit counter part. Sonic has changed drastically and just isn't cool anymore or any fun. No more gimmicks, no more stupid new characters, no more voices..just fast, simple, old skool classic gameplay. I personally think Sonic is better suited to 2D because of his speed. If Sega was still awesome and bad@ss and knew what they were doing..they would still be in the console race. I loved Sega systems and it just feels empty not to see them anymore. Sony and Microsoft can take a hike....I want the lean mean Sega back. I pretty much stopped playing consoles when Sega left the scene....Sega was the home for the hardcore, the true elite. Sega now is just a hollow shell of what they once were...it's really sad. Well that's enough ranting from this old timer....I've just become a jaded gamer after all these years and seeing all the big changes to this industry that I don't like..so don't take it personally.
You're entirely right. Sega became a victim of it's own sucess. They began to to get the mindset that if they just rehashed mediocre games, as long as they catered to fans, they'd make money. Don't get me wrong, some Sega franchises still are good, but Sega will never be the way it was untill they start putting actual effort into their projects, instead of being motivated by money.

Sega does what Nintendon't. Which unfourtunately is why Sega is in the position they're in today.

Offline shitakimushrooms1990

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 17, 2021, 09:18:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2008, 03:45:51 AM »
Well imo, Sonic is still slightly good but come on, a sword? I mean, it looks cool and I wouldn't mind trying it out but seems like he's really aiming to be the next Link. Look at it, first a werewolf/hedgehog now holding a sword? Before you know it, he will be wearing a green hat that makes him small and big again. Well I'm not a hater of sonic but please stick with the formula that works. Well, I'll keep my eye on this game. It be neat to run super sonic and slash at the same time. (I'd lawl if you tripped in the video game and got impaled by your own sword)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2008, 04:28:56 AM »

House of the Dead 4
Virtua Fighter 5
The Incredible Hulk

Don't forget the Yakuza series.

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2008, 01:46:38 PM »

Sega IS still cool. Not ascool as they were in the 90's, but cool nontheless. Besides, if Sega's still around, they have to be doing something right.
(Man, I hate typing on the Wii...)

With Shadow's guns and Sonic's sword, which is accompanied by only enough armor to cover one arm, Sega HAS to be cool.

Guns and swords, people!  Nothing cool about traditional platforming and zipping through stages as fast as possible!
 :^o

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2008, 02:00:42 PM »
With Shadow's guns and Sonic's sword, which is accompanied by only enough armor to cover one arm, Sega HAS to be cool.

Guns and swords, people!  Nothing cool about traditional platforming and zipping through stages as fast as possible!
 :^o

-.- you can still just get through the levels as fast as possible. but you have the option to use weapons. im sure if you dont want to use them you dont have to (except maybe at some parts)

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »
To the ones who are for going back to the old days, consider this: This isn't the early-mid 90's where games with little story could thrive, nor is it the time where such simple gameplay would be widely accepted by most beyond the nostalgic people. Just look at Mario. At first, it was just him, Donkey Kong, and Pauline, and at some point just Mario and a palette swap. Then Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Toadstool, and then extra characters appeared in other games (Dunno if I want to count SMB2). Nintendo and Sega put their characters through significant changes, with the only difference being Sega not faring so well.

If they did go back to 2D and being only a Sonic vs. Robotnik affair, it would be a lot like Megaman 9: a game for the nostalgia players. Not to say it's a bad idea, but for something that alienates a good deal of the newer players, at least Capcom's not really selling the thing (or are they? I don't have a Wii). Even with New SMB they added new things to classic gameplay. There was the GBA Sonic games (barring Sonic Battle, which I did like, but irrelevant to this discussion), at the very least, that had something like the classic game play with new elements.

So, what I'm saying is that even if Sega did go the "back to basics" route to be like the original games, that would mostly likely hurt them in the long run.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2008, 10:42:41 AM »
lol. super mario bros 2 was the best one. thats the only one i could beat without getting nervous and crashing near the end. (had to still use a warp zone to go after that world where all you do is ride the birds to get pass). i be beating mario 1 by luck. that game make ur nerves bad lol.

but yeah, sega didnt do so good with the extra additions like mario did. they tried to make him sorta compete with the serious stuff instead of the cartoony ordeal. in which cartoony chars like that dont look too well with realistic looking humans on it. sega sees that final fantasy and all these medieval games are getting so much money........but they should know that......sonic is not the one to fulfill that section in sega's department.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2008, 10:55:05 AM »
Hey isn't there a full on lightsaber game coming out for Wii early next year ? Lucas arts wanted to make a lightsaber add on for the wii mote & nintendo put the kabosh on it . Said it would be too dangerous & people would hit each other with it . Nintendo was probably just mad that they didn't come up with the idea .

That Sonic game doesn't look at that great . I don't know about the sword & the gauntlet ?

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2008, 10:58:35 AM »
lol yeah, i saw that one g4 but they were just using the wii motes. if they can make a lil plastic lite saber that kids can play from the stores and it not get on the news then how nintendo thinks that its gonna hurt somebody? being cautious i guess from that strap break incident...

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2008, 02:44:38 PM »
To the ones who are for going back to the old days, consider this: This isn't the early-mid 90's

You're right.  Sonic games were actually GOOD back then.  Now... not so much.

Nintendo and Sega put their characters through significant changes, with the only difference being Sega not faring so well.

The other difference being that in Super Mario Galaxy, Mario still had to go through long levels using jumps, spin attacks, the ability to carry, and powerups, all of which he used in Super Mario Bros. 3, whereas in this new Sonic game... Sonic and his pals use knightly weapons...  Now, if Sonic's traditional gameplay elements show up in this new game, good.  But how important will they be compared to swordplay?  Or how well will the swordplay be incorporated into Sonic's traditional gameplay?

So, what I'm saying is that even if Sega did go the "back to basics" route to be like the original games, that would mostly likely hurt them in the long run.

I think the handheld Sonic games are closer to the originals and fans seem to appreciate them more.  And while Mario has evolved over the years and entered different genres, he still sticks with the basics, which if not obvious in Super Mario Galaxy, are at least obvious in New Super Mario Bros.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:56:32 PM by DrZaius »

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2008, 03:34:09 PM »
 >:-(-| i guess the handhelds get the classic feel to the games. but now sega is messing up sonic rush lol. but sonic unleashed is gonna be sweet. i personally like the new warehog parts so far.

on topic (we need a smilie for that :P ) : i think the gameplay is gonna be good because it will use the nunchuck and the new wiimotion pluss thingamajig. and you can upgrade yo sh*t so i guess it has re-playability 8) re-playability is always good :P

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar