collapse

Author Topic: New Exclusive Sonic Title for Wii Announced  (Read 1525 times)

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
Re: New Exclusive Sonic Title for Wii Announced
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2008, 04:50:34 PM »
Nintendo and Sega put their characters through significant changes, with the only difference being Sega not faring so well.

The other difference being that in Super Mario Galaxy, Mario still had to go through long levels using jumps, spin attacks, the ability to carry, and powerups, all of which he used in Super Mario Bros. 3...

You missed the point. I'm not just talking about the concept of jumping and attacks, I'm talking about gameplay as a whole, and while I haven't playd Galaxy, I seriously doubt you could play that and SMB3 and say "Hey, these games play very similarly".
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2008, 01:57:26 AM »
I am referring to gameplay as a whole.  Super Mario Galaxy is in 3D, Super Mario Bros. 3 is in 2D.  It's the same elements from the 2D sidescrolling platform games evolved to fit a 3D world.  (In Super Mario Galaxy's case specifically, other elements, like gravity, are added in as a factor but do not take over the core gameplay concepts from previous Mario games.)  The same cannot be said for Sonic these days as emphasis seems to be less on speed, like in the 2D games, and more on other stuff.  At least that's the impression I got from people who have played most, if not all, of the Sonic games.  And when speed is not a problem, other things get in the way, like just the controls themselves or tacked on features.

I already hate the LOOK of this new Sonic game but I'll save final judgment on the gameplay, which is more important, until later.

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2008, 02:02:27 AM »
I imagined that, at the very least, the new Sonic the Hedgehog game had a good deal of speed in it at times. People just didn't like it.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »
is this from sonic and the secret rings? idk cause i never played it B4. and i dont think this was in the nintendo power magazine so.... irdk

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal