collapse

Author Topic: THE WAIT IS OVER!  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
Re: THE WAIT IS OVER!
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 10:03:31 AM »
this movie is so cool,that i went to watch it (again) at 6:00 am today

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 10:06:37 AM »
i need to see it  <_<|...|  i want to know what it is about  :|
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 11:36:33 AM »
DAMNIT! I have the ending theme stuck in my head!
Does anybody have an mp3 of it? 
http://omfgthismovieisgonnabesocool.ytmnd.com/

Hope this is the right link, but heres a cell phone vid of Clover. Non lap top users turn the brightness up. Bottom left corner is the clearest shot
Yeah, that's the monster, but the phone took out a lot of quality, and it's a lot slower then that gif. Like your up there for 5 minutes thinking, oh craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap, it's right above me.

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 11:41:25 AM »
DAMNIT! I have the ending theme stuck in my head!
Does anybody have an mp3 of it? 
http://omfgthismovieisgonnabesocool.ytmnd.com/

Hope this is the right link, but heres a cell phone vid of Clover. Non lap top users turn the brightness up. Bottom left corner is the clearest shot
Yeah, that's the monster, but the phone took out a lot of quality, and it's a lot slower then that gif. Like your up there for 5 minutes thinking, oh craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap, it's right above me.

i request the song too

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2008, 11:42:53 AM »
WTF was this though at the end of the song?

It creeped me out.
Edit I found this cache of one of the viral websites.
That audio clip at the end was a subliminal message.
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:DSovUNT4VIYJ:1-18-08.blogspot.com/+Cloverfield+Roar!+soundtrack&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

They played that sound after the song backwards.  :o
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 11:47:24 AM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »

It creeped me out.
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:DSovUNT4VIYJ:1-18-08.blogspot.com/+Cloverfield+Roar!+soundtrack&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

OH YEAH.
In the End if you hear a whisper play it Backwards... Here Listen!!!
http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370  :-$

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 04:20:26 PM »

It creeped me out.

OH YEAH.
In the End if you hear a whisper play it Backwards... Here Listen!!!
http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370  :-$

Can you say sequel?

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 04:26:07 PM »
Yes. There has to be another point of view. OBVIOUSLY some other people HAD to have a camera to.

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2008, 04:36:14 PM »
Yes. There has to be another point of view. OBVIOUSLY some other people HAD to have a camera to.

i will wait for it

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2008, 05:06:04 PM »
another 1?
cant there be more japanese godzilla movies (oldschool) rather watch that instead
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2008, 11:29:47 PM »
cant there be more japanese godzilla movies (oldschool) rather watch that instead

How about both? Then after Clover gets famous enough have him fight for the Title of King! ;*))

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2008, 11:54:54 PM »
I think what may happen is it's going to take place right after the first film. That's why they said "it's still alive".

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2008, 01:49:10 AM »
I just watched it a few minutes ago.

Awful,awful,awful. This movie had a big following, for good reason. I too was curious about this movie and what the monster was gunna be like.Warning: Slight spoilers: I left all expectations at the door. I watched and....I have to say the Blair Witch effect was a good approach....at first. The movie really began to annoy when you realized, "Holy sh*t. The whole movie is gunna be like this?!" But once you get passed that you have to deal with a stupid idiot who wants to find his girlfriend, just go with it. Think: I want to see monster! Its not until the last half hour or so that you see the monster(clearly see it!)...and its ugly. Whats wrong with his arms?! But the movie just isn't good.....at all. When it was all done, the audience left quietly...no applause, nothing, just silence.

If you're REALLY curious go watch. But this movie is a rental at best.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:51:52 AM by Warcueid »

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2008, 02:08:04 AM »

Awful,awful,awful. This movie had a big following, for good reason. I too was curious about this movie and what the monster was gunna be like.Warning: Slight spoilers: I left all expectations at the door. I watched and....I have to say the Blair Witch effect was a good approach....at first. The movie really began to annoy when you realized, "Holy sh*t. The whole movie is gunna be like this?!" But once you get passed that you have to deal with a stupid idiot who wants to find his girlfriend, just go with it. Think: I want to see monster! Its not until the last half hour or so that you see the monster(clearly see it!)...and its ugly. Whats wrong with his arms?! But the movie just isn't good.....at all. When it was all done, the audience left quietly...no applause, nothing, just silence.

You're obviously not a fan of monster movies. This movie was made to be in a realistic thing. Also of course it's ugly! It's a f@cking monster. What did you expect!? King Kong!? Or a giant Pikachu!? I don't even call King Kong a monster, it's an over grown ape.
If it isn't ugly, it's not a monster. The only time I would be scared of King Kong is when it starts flinging it's crap at people.  The movie was made kind of like a roller coaster. It's not meant to be like one of those new Godzilla movies that's meant for 4 year olds. Honestly, I barely ever hear people applauding at movies, the only time I heard applause was AvP2, and that movie wasn't even that good. The ending ripped off of RE:Apocalypse. At least in this movie, the helicopter crashed. The reason why I thought this movie was good, was it wasn't like any other monster movie.
I went in the theaters expecting to be looking through the eyes of a innocent bystander the whole time while watching the entire city get destroyed, and I got exactly what I paid for.
If you're looking for the typical monster movie where they explain the monster's origins, show a scientist, or military as the main cast the whole time, and shows them somehow killing the monster or getting it to retreat, then watch any Godzilla movie.
This movie wasn't meant to be the typical monster movie, and that's why I loved it. Also, with all the trailers and everything, you kind of had to know it was going to be first person the whole movie.

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2008, 02:27:20 AM »
You're obviously not a fan of monster movies. This movie was made to be in a realistic thing. Also of course it's ugly! It's a f@cking monster. What did you expect!? King Kong!? Or a giant Pikachu!? I don't even call King Kong a monster, it's an over grown ape.
If it isn't ugly, it's not a monster. The only time I would be scared of King Kong is when it starts flinging it's crap at people.  The movie was made kind of like a roller coaster. It's not meant to be like one of those new Godzilla movies that's meant for 4 year olds. Honestly, I barely ever hear people applauding at movies, the only time I heard applause was AvP2, and that movie wasn't even that good. The ending ripped off of RE:Apocalypse. At least in this movie, the helicopter crashed. The reason why I thought this movie was good, was it wasn't like any other monster movie.
I went in the theaters expecting to be looking through the eyes of a innocent bystander the whole time while watching the entire city get destroyed, and I got exactly what I paid for.
If you're looking for the typical monster movie where they explain the monster's origins, show a scientist, or military as the main cast the whole time, and shows them somehow killing the monster or getting it to retreat, then watch any Godzilla movie.
This movie wasn't meant to be the typical monster movie, and that's why I loved it. Also, with all the trailers and everything, you kind of had to know it was going to be first person the whole movie.
We're always unclear as to what the monster actually looks like the whole movie! A new way to approach a monster movie? Yes? Is it a good way to approach it? Yes, for a while, there were people leaving the theater because some people cant enjoy it for too long. I'm not saying don't do it this way, its fine and makes the movie enjoyable because its something that hasn't been done in a movie like this before. But the whole time you want to see the monster, you see blurs, its not till the near end that you see it, and even then you have no clue at what exactly it is you're looking at. You can't even guess. I'm fine with the lack of explanation, but this movie is not one I would spend my money on to watch in theaters. Yes it was realistic....well sorta, would you really go back for a chick?I DID expect to see a perspective of a regualr person trying to escape this thing and it bothered me at times, and it did add the effect of "you are in this situation." But you're left with the feeling that you want to see more of the monster.  And yes I do like big monster movies, Godzilla and King Kong included(even though Kkong was boring).

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 02:30:22 AM by Warcueid »

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 02:41:20 AM »
We're always unclear as to what the monster actually looks like the whole movie! A new way to approach a monster movie? Yes? Is it a good way to approach it? Yes, for a while, there were people leaving the theater because some people cant enjoy it for too long. I'm not saying don't do it this way, its fine and makes the movie enjoyable because its something that hasn't been done in a movie like this before. But the whole time you want to see the monster, you see blurs, its not till the near end that you see it, and even then you have no clue at what exactly it is you're looking at. You can't even guess. I'm fine with the lack of explanation, but this movie is not one I would spend my money on to watch in theaters. Yes it was realistic....well sorta, would you really go back for a chick?I DID expect to see a perspective of a regualr person trying to escape this thing and it bothered me at times, and it did add the effect of "you are in this situation." But you're left with the feeling that you want to see more of the monster.  And yes I do like big monster movies, Godzilla and King Kong included(even though Kkong was boring).

I think the reason why the guy went back was because his brother had a talk to him about how he'll never be good enough for her (he should have minded his own business imo). I think the reason why he wanted to get his girlfriend back was to prove to himself and her that he loves her or something. Although if it was me, I probably would have just left, I mean, she had an affair. A girl like her is not trustworthy and most likely not worth his time. Although the only unrealistic part I found about that was she was still alive when they got into the building. I kind of expected her to die from massive blood loss. They did show the monster more then that last time, although that last time is the best when you get to see him up close. Other good parts was where they showed him destroying the city and the little monsters killing the military. Then they showed in the scyscraper, where they looked out the window, and the girl is like "what is that" and the guy said "A horrible thing". I think the only way you would be able to get  great glimpse of the monster, is if the person that was taking the footage of the video was a news reporter on a helicopter. But if you think about it, if this actually happened to you. You wouldn't give a damn about what the hell it looked like. Just run for your life and try to survive.

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2008, 02:49:18 AM »
I think the reason why the guy went back was because his brother had a talk to him about how he'll never be good enough for her (he should have minded his own business imo). I think the reason why he wanted to get his girlfriend back was to prove to himself and her that he loves her or something. Although if it was me, I probably would have just left, I mean, she had an affair. A girl like her is not trustworthy and most likely not worth his time. Although the only unrealistic part I found about that was she was still alive when they got into the building. I kind of expected her to die from massive blood loss. They did show the monster more then that last time, although that last time is the best when you get to see him up close. Other good parts was where they showed him destroying the city and the little monsters killing the military. Then they showed in the scyscraper, where they looked out the window, and the girl is like "what is that" and the guy said "A horrible thing". I think the only way you would be able to get  great glimpse of the monster, is if the person that was taking the footage of the video was a news reporter on a helicopter. But if you think about it, if this actually happened to you. You wouldn't give a damn about what the hell it looked like. Just run for your life and try to survive.
If it was real life, no I wouldn't care, but its a movie. Would I go back? I would say heck no, but I might act differently in the actual situation, maybe I would. The only character I liked in the movie, dies....in the weirdest possible way. Really, who would of thought that if you get bitten by the spider babies...you explode. But I believe one survives, right? Liliy was her name I think?...poor Hud.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 02:50:50 AM by Warcueid »

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2008, 02:56:35 AM »
If it was real life, no I wouldn't care, but its a movie. Would I go back? I would say heck no, but I might act differently in the actual situation, maybe I would. The only character I liked in the movie, dies....in the weirdest possible way. Really, who would of thought that if you get bitten by the spider babies...you explode. But I believe one survives, right? Liliy was her name I think?...poor Hud.

Yeah. the Cute Drunk Girl dies!!  :'( Kaboom.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2008, 02:57:08 AM »

WOW, I havent even seen the movie and this is exactly how I feel, I wasnt expecting to see the monster all the time, It's kinda obvious that they would be runing away from him the whole movie, so it does make sense that they barley showed him, I think ppl just wanted MORE! But hey, either you love it or you hate it, and I think i'm going to like this movie!
Coming 2099.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2008, 03:12:37 AM »
It was obviously another reason to stay the hell away from the lil monsters. I mean Baby Godzilla in the American movie was boring. It's just a raptor, it doesn't have any super powers, if it can shoot lazers, it may cut your arm off. Other then that it's just a raptor. In Cloverfield, you don't know wtf the baby Cloverfield monster is, you don't know what it's capable of and you probably don't want to. I don't think she was the only one to explode, because the biohazard guys had to quarantine her and a second later pop. I think that's all a part of horror factor. I mean, if you got bitten by a baby godzilla, it would either stab your internal organs and kill you, or at least leave a flesh wound. The others didn't get bitten as bad. I don't know, maybe there's a certain level of contamination you can take. The one girl pretty much got the skin ripped off her back. The others only got scratched compared to her. I'm sure the government is well aware of the monster because 1. They have the tape. and 2. They killed one of those small things (you saw it on the cart thing after the pop scene).
If they do make a second movie, they probably will explain some things and somehow leave more questions then answers for a third movie. I think it was good not to explain things, because it builds more on the survival horror, if they explain everything in the first movie, there's no real reason to go to see the sequel. You know what it is, you know what it can do, you know how you can survive it. Also they showed a lot in this movie that would happen during such a thing, like in Godzilla, Godzilla goes to blow up tokyo, everyone runs away. In this movie, Cloverfield goes to blow up NYC, a lot of people run away, but then there are people looting electronic shops so that when they go to the next state they can sell it, or keep it. Although I think looting a place would be stupid, because they're giving a chance for the monsters to kill them. What I found most unrealistic in the movie though was that the government was shooting missiles instead of h-bombs at the monster. If something like that were to happen, the gov' would definitely destroy every trace of evidence, and keep whatever may be left in Area 51.
I do hope they make a sequel to explain things that happened in the first though.

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2008, 03:17:50 AM »
I do hope they make a sequel to explain things that happened in the first though.

That, or the Four Chapter Manga is Supposedly supposed to shed some light.

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2008, 04:00:18 AM »
WOW, Its confirmed That if there were to be a sequel, This Clip here is the CLUE!!!  :w00t:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/justthefacts_cloverfield.html Scroll down.

Offline god_king

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 26, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
    • Dave Littler's New Deal
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2008, 04:10:50 AM »
WOW, Its confirmed That if there were to be a sequel, This Clip here is the CLUE!!!  :w00t:

I fail to see what in that clip indicates that might pertain to a possible sequel; that clip is from about 20 minutes from the end of the movie (which I saw yesterday and which I considered to be a MAGNIFICENT film).

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2008, 05:09:12 AM »

Blah, it's slow for me. Could you just tell me what it is?
Also I'm laughing my @ss off at all these fake torrents.   :DxDie

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2008, 01:44:55 PM »
It was obviously another reason to stay the hell away from the lil monsters. I mean Baby Godzilla in the American movie was boring. It's just a raptor, it doesn't have any super powers, if it can shoot lazers, it may cut your arm off. Other then that it's just a raptor. In Cloverfield, you don't know wtf the baby Cloverfield monster is, you don't know what it's capable of and you probably don't want to. I don't think she was the only one to explode, because the biohazard guys had to quarantine her and a second later pop. I think that's all a part of horror factor. I mean, if you got bitten by a baby godzilla, it would either stab your internal organs and kill you, or at least leave a flesh wound. The others didn't get bitten as bad. I don't know, maybe there's a certain level of contamination you can take. The one girl pretty much got the skin ripped off her back. The others only got scratched compared to her. I'm sure the government is well aware of the monster because 1. They have the tape. and 2. They killed one of those small things (you saw it on the cart thing after the pop scene).
If they do make a second movie, they probably will explain some things and somehow leave more questions then answers for a third movie. I think it was good not to explain things, because it builds more on the survival horror, if they explain everything in the first movie, there's no real reason to go to see the sequel. You know what it is, you know what it can do, you know how you can survive it. Also they showed a lot in this movie that would happen during such a thing, like in Godzilla, Godzilla goes to blow up tokyo, everyone runs away. In this movie, Cloverfield goes to blow up NYC, a lot of people run away, but then there are people looting electronic shops so that when they go to the next state they can sell it, or keep it. Although I think looting a place would be stupid, because they're giving a chance for the monsters to kill them. What I found most unrealistic in the movie though was that the government was shooting missiles instead of h-bombs at the monster. If something like that were to happen, the gov' would definitely destroy every trace of evidence, and keep whatever may be left in Area 51.

Well, Godzilla, is Godzilla. I try not to compare the two because they are nothing alike. As for a sequel, I doubt we'll know any more details, seeing as how Abrams isn't good with details. If you've been following Lost since the first episode you'll know that (Which I am ready to watch the new season). But its clear that this thing is not from this planet. Just look at it, along with those small spider things. The big clue being the last scene where their on vacation and you see something fall from the sky into the ocean. At this point we don't even know if the military did indeed kill the monster. Maybe the sequel will explain, but I'm betting my money that the Mangas will explain it all. As for the government trying to hide it, no, you can't hide something that big from people. You whould have to destroy all evidence including the millions that escaped.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare