collapse

Author Topic: THE WAIT IS OVER!  (Read 1934 times)

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
THE WAIT IS OVER!
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:36:27 AM »
GO AND ENJOY INFINITY MEMBERS!!

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
Re: THE WAIT IS OVER!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 10:44:16 AM »
when did the wait begin?

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 12:29:38 PM »
when did the wait begin?
July 4th 2007 when Transformers came out to theaters.

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 01:33:02 PM »
ima going to watch it tonight,i really wanna see that monster  >o:-(

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 02:23:19 PM »
The backlash from hateful movie goers is already starting. Complaining that it wasnt Cythullu, or Godzilla, or Voltron. Im like weve been telling people what its about for 4 months, why would you hold on to hopes for that?

Abrams pretty much said its a Blair Witch esque take on a Giant Sea Monster for months now.

Offline XerXes

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:January 28, 2016, 12:55:22 AM
  • Infinity News Team
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 02:30:34 PM »
OMG dont read the plot summary on wiki, it basically gave away the ending. Damn you wiki.
"PRESENTS MUGEN FIGHT NIGHTS"

<-Place holder for future collaboration.

Offline Daigo Jr

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 24, 2008, 04:41:49 PM
  • SHORYU-REPPA
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »
The backlash from hateful movie goers is already starting. Complaining that it wasnt Cythullu, or Godzilla, or Voltron. Im like weve been telling people what its about for 4 months, why would you hold on to hopes for that?

Abrams pretty much said its a Blair Witch esque take on a Giant Sea Monster for months now.

Whats a "Blair Witch esque"?
SMASH TEAM!

SIG by Symulation

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 04:00:52 PM »

Whats a "Blair Witch esque"?

Like the movie, "The Blair Witch Project". Look it up on Wiki.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 04:48:57 PM »
i saw the movie it sucks

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 05:10:48 PM »
advice jus read wikipedia b4 watchin a movie
and watch these movies online saves money and time
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 05:22:02 PM »
Saw it, it was fantastic.

If you like typical Hollywood action, its not a movie you want to go see. Very much like the lost by Abrams, and Dini. Not really a Monster flick. Its a film that shows the perspective of how people would feel in a Giant Monster attack. To be honest its exactley how I thought it would be.

I think the big mistake was creating all the hype knowing a lot of people arent going to like this kind of film. I wouldnt have hardley promoted it, and still made money since it was very cheap to make. Presenting it to the audience as this big deal, isnt a wise idea for this kinda film.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 05:29:21 PM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline Misogi

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 18, 2010, 02:01:47 PM
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 05:38:37 PM »
Do you see the monster

wat does it look like?
We Plunder We Destroy We Are Oblivion Mugen Team

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 05:42:34 PM »
Do you see the monster

wat does it look like?

it barely showd it a couple times

dont waste ur money

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 06:25:18 PM »
the movie doesnt sucks!!  \-/o

i saw it an enjoyed this,and BTW the monster in somemanner rocks; "how can you kill what you cannot see......"

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 06:42:49 PM »
I just saw it and I thought it was awesome! Cloverfield made Godzilla look like a girl in a dress. The movie isn't really about the monster. It's basically, a "If you were in this situation, this is exactly what it would be like." and I liked this approach. As for what the monster looks like. If you look hard enough, you will know what it looks like. Especially at the end. I don't want to spoil it. lol.
The original Godzilla movie, was about how humanity has doomed themselves by polluting the environment and causing a lizard to mutate, thus bringing a lot of destruction.

I think Cloverfield took a much better approach. Instead of them pointing the movie directly at the government and what their intentions are with the monster, it's just a few people that want to get a friend safe outside the city while surviving the horror.

In a typical monster movie. Something comes and wants to destroy a city. They explain a reason why it's there, and they only show the team that is going to or may beat the monster, while displaying the monsters fighting techniques.

This movie left me totally clueless.
They didn't show why or how it came in NYC (most likely the water because of the oil spill). They didn't explain how a lot of the things happened. You don't know what it is. The lil monsters while small, caused as much havoc because of what they can do when in enough contact. I really enjoyed the approach of this movie.
The main humans is not a team of the air force, it's not the  marines, it's not scientists, it's just a team of everyday people. They're job wasn't to kill the monster, but instead to stay alive.

I think in the Godzilla movies, sometimes they get a bit too unrealistic. Like Godzilla comes and blows up tokyo, then they rebuild it again, years later ssdd, rebuild tokyo. In reality, Tokyo probably would never be rebuilt after the first Godzilla attack, to avoid the chance of that happening again.

Oh btw, there's nothing after the credits so you can leave while the credits roll. Although I think the song that was played in the end (Cloverfield's theme?) Was pretty cool.
It's not a Godzilla type monster movie, instead it's a survive the horror type movie.

@lightblackheart, well people did see it, but it's just too strong to die. Although I think the only unrealistic part was that the government wasn't going as heavy on killing it as they should. You know the story,
City gets infested by monsters (in RE2 it was zombies, in AVP2 it was aliens, and in Cloverfield, it was lil Cloverfield jr's), I expected the government to send out the nukes, instead of missiles.

Offline Daigo Jr

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 24, 2008, 04:41:49 PM
  • SHORYU-REPPA
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 07:38:28 PM »
I just saw it and I thought it was awesome! Cloverfield made Godzilla look like a girl in a dress. The movie isn't really about the monster. It's basically, a "If you were in this situation, this is exactly what it would be like." and I liked this approach. As for what the monster looks like. If you look hard enough, you will know what it looks like. Especially at the end. I don't want to spoil it. lol.
The original Godzilla movie, was about how humanity has doomed themselves by polluting the environment and causing a lizard to mutate, thus bringing a lot of destruction.

I think Cloverfield took a much better approach. Instead of them pointing the movie directly at the government and what their intentions are with the monster, it's just a few people that want to get a friend safe outside the city while surviving the horror.

In a typical monster movie. Something comes and wants to destroy a city. They explain a reason why it's there, and they only show the team that is going to or may beat the monster, while displaying the monsters fighting techniques.

This movie left me totally clueless.
They didn't show why or how it came in NYC (most likely the water because of the oil spill). They didn't explain how a lot of the things happened. You don't know what it is. The lil monsters while small, caused as much havoc because of what they can do when in enough contact. I really enjoyed the approach of this movie.
The main humans is not a team of the air force, it's not the  marines, it's not scientists, it's just a team of everyday people. They're job wasn't to kill the monster, but instead to stay alive.

I think in the Godzilla movies, sometimes they get a bit too unrealistic. Like Godzilla comes and blows up tokyo, then they rebuild it again, years later ssdd, rebuild tokyo. In reality, Tokyo probably would never be rebuilt after the first Godzilla attack, to avoid the chance of that happening again.

Oh btw, there's nothing after the credits so you can leave while the credits roll. Although I think the song that was played in the end (Cloverfield's theme?) Was pretty cool.
It's not a Godzilla type monster movie, instead it's a survive the horror type movie.

@lightblackheart, well people did see it, but it's just too strong to die. Although I think the only unrealistic part was that the government wasn't going as heavy on killing it as they should. You know the story,
City gets infested by monsters (in RE2 it was zombies, in AVP2 it was aliens, and in Cloverfield, it was lil Cloverfield jr's), I expected the government to send out the nukes, instead of missiles.
LOL, nuff' said!  \-/o
SMASH TEAM!

SIG by Symulation

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 08:05:46 PM »
I'm about to see it in an hour. I'm not reading any comments till I see the movie and I'll post my review here. till then...  XD||

Offline eternal

• GFX Capone
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 17, 2009, 11:23:47 AM
  • I Make It Rain
    • My Site
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 11:53:12 PM »
wait so it doesnt show the monster?

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 12:26:43 AM »
The backlash from hateful movie goers is already starting. Complaining that it wasnt Cythullu, or Godzilla, or Voltron.

Anyone who went to see the movie thinking that it was about anything like that deserves a kick in the nuts just because. Voltron... :D :D

Quote from: VKM

Well to the King of the Monsters credit, His movies are directed to children after his third movie so it's all about going to see the monsters duking it out, but Yeah that's also what we have Cloverfield for, To see the part of the Common people's point of view of the disaster and not to government or the monster itself only.

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 12:44:03 AM »
here is the concept art of the monster[/

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 01:10:39 AM »
That's PReety DAMN Close to the Monster right up there.

My Review.

FANTASTIC. The Cinematography was Unique, and the Way it was filmed!! I like we DONT have a Crappy Scientist explaining anything. NOTHING In the Movie is Explained!!! NO BACKSTORY but the Whole thing felt like a Big Ride. I know it wont win any Great Awards but the Movie itself was artistic. The monster Need some more screen time.The acting was good.

There is a Manga that WILL tell the backstory and serve as a Prequel. you can see the first chapter here. http://merzmensch.blogspot.com/2008/01/cloverfield-manga.html

The Dvd is, I'm hoping they Add all the Viral Sites!!

BEST ORIGINAL Movie to kick off 2008

This is just for laffs.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 01:14:41 AM »
Hmmm sounds interesting, I want to read the reviews you guys made, but I don't want to be spoiled lol.

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 01:19:27 AM »
Hmmm sounds interesting, I want to read the reviews you guys made, but I don't want to be spoiled lol.
Crap, I should have posted "NO SPOILERS."

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 01:23:11 AM »
That's PReety DAMN Close to the Monster right up there.

My Review.

FANTASTIC. The Cinematography was Unique, and the Way it was filmed!! I like we DONT have a Crappy Scientist explaining anything. NOTHING In the Movie is Explained!!! NO BACKSTORY but the Whole thing felt like a Big Ride. I know it wont win any Great Awards but the Movie itself was artistic. The monster Need some more screen time.The acting was good.

There is a Manga that WILL tell the backstory and serve as a Prequel. you can see the first chapter here. http://merzmensch.blogspot.com/2008/01/cloverfield-manga.html

The Dvd is, I'm hoping they Add all the Viral Sites!!

BEST ORIGINAL Movie to kick off 2008
That is exactly how I feel!  :thumbsup:

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 08:48:59 AM »
http://omfgthismovieisgonnabesocool.ytmnd.com/

Hope this is the right link, but heres a cell phone vid of Clover. Non lap top users turn the brightness up. Bottom left corner is the clearest shot
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 08:54:10 AM by ALEXZIQ »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[Today at 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar