collapse

Author Topic: Ultra Street Fighter IV  (Read 43703 times)

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
Re: Ultra Street Fighter IV
« Reply #3275 on: July 16, 2013, 01:38:02 AM »
I have a feeling the 5th character will be Batsu or Kyosuke, that's who I'd like to see at least. Also looking forward to playing Rolento in USFIV since I kinda stopped playing XTekken aaannnd those Yang buffs.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #3276 on: July 16, 2013, 09:58:19 AM »
I still think Haggar has a really strong chance. Look at the rest of the new roster, all of them are from Final Fight too except Elena.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #3277 on: July 16, 2013, 10:41:31 AM »
Yeah Haggar is a very likely candidate

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #3278 on: July 16, 2013, 01:19:27 PM »
i wouldnt want haggar to be the new character everyone else being put in right now plays different from everyone else in ssf4. haggar is too much like gief they even gave him his outfit as an alt. from umvc3 the only major difference between gief and haggar is banishing fist(violent axe?) and that haggar has an air command grab. they would have to give him entirely new movelist to actually make him interesting and i dont see them doing that
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:33:56 PM by Swiziga »

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #3279 on: July 16, 2013, 01:26:19 PM »
I think that's meant to imply he doesn't like Batsu
I actually don't have anything against Batsu in particular. I just hoped it would have been someone less overrated but still about as much cool.

Offline ceefus

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 27, 2024, 09:38:08 AM
  • Howling Good Time
    • Email
« Reply #3280 on: July 16, 2013, 01:28:27 PM »
Why not make the annoucement of street fighter 5    instead of another upgrade    hopefully street fighter goes to a more tradition 2d sprite look with some cgi elements   :-??

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #3281 on: July 16, 2013, 01:40:02 PM »
Why not make the annoucement of street fighter 5    instead of another upgrade    hopefully street fighter goes to a more tradition 2d sprite look with some cgi elements   :-??

You mean some day after Ultra, right? Because obviously it won't be in the lifetime of SFIV.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #3282 on: July 16, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But if it is, fixing it isn't so bad anymore.

The reason all those versions of SFII and SFIII exist in the first place is because they didn't have the ability to do what they're doing now with SFIV, being able to add on to the game and make balancing changes to the current system.

The only valid reason to make a SFV would be if they abandoned the current game mechanics.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline LightFlare

• Mugen Soldier
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 10, 2024, 02:54:02 PM
  • I must continue my training...
« Reply #3283 on: July 16, 2013, 10:38:02 PM »
I'm a big fan of Haggar. But the would really like to see Batsu! Or anyone from Rival Schools.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Offline SolidZone 26

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 07, 2021, 06:18:18 AM
  • My avatar is back...
    • Email
« Reply #3284 on: July 16, 2013, 11:29:11 PM »
Though I am not surprised they done another expansion, I am surprised they done it again with Street Fighter IV. That makes it the 3rd expansion already for this series. I will probably still buy it regardless so I don't have to buy Street Fighter X Tekken. I tried to main another character in Street Fighter Alpha 3 that is not a shoto and my personal favorite is Rolento. It will be nice to play as him again in 3D this time. I will probably get the digital upgrade for the PC since I already own Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition on Steam.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3285 on: July 16, 2013, 11:33:08 PM »
yeah Batsu def would be cool plus i aint gonna seriously count out Demitri from Darkstalkers yet ( high hopes and yeah that aura thing...lookin at Evil Ryu from AE...yeah Capcom.. yall could do it and have him in if you wanted to...stop playing!  \-/o) but i can only rack my brain as to who it really will be from the vast people they could bring in.

I wouldnt mind Haggar but ehhh i always seee him as street Zangief. They have  some similar moves of course but they really would have to change him up ( even out of UMVC3) for me to seriously enjoy him. This 5th spot  brand new character to SF world is def gonna be very interesting to see who it is. ;D

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #3286 on: July 17, 2013, 05:33:27 PM »
this either means there won't be a new street fighter next gen (and possibly more updates to sf4) or there wont be one until much later in the next gen life spans

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/15/ono-i-dont-have-rd-budget-and-staff-work-street-fighter-5-next-generation-consoles-currently/

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3287 on: July 17, 2013, 06:04:16 PM »
That tho Swigz aint a bad move for them to wait mlonger. they can hella update USF4 then and inbetween by the time they got good skills using the new gen tech they could do some of their other fighting games that could stand a good new polish like Darkstalkers ( wishing) Star Gladiators ( also Plasma sword  sequel) and Power stone along with a new project Justice ( sequel to Rival schools) and the bunch. they have plenty to work with in terms of fighting games to revive . Not excluding either Capcom Vs Snk in SF4 like graphics or some cool new HD sprites type.  they ever get a good R&D for those then would be a good idea to try that before heading into a SF5 scene.  Just my thoughts.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #3288 on: July 17, 2013, 06:32:16 PM »
The chances of green lighting a new CvS is really poor right now considering how hard Ono had to fight for SFIV in the first place and now Cross Tekken didn't hit ther bench marks, even with Capcom spending the last year promoting only Cross Tekken as their #1 fighting game. Capcom tends to get the wrong message from the public reaction. In this case they probably think that vs franchise games don't sell since Ultimate and Cross Tekken both sold under expectation.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3289 on: July 17, 2013, 06:48:06 PM »
The chances of green lighting a new CvS is really poor right now considering how hard Ono had to fight for SFIV in the first place and now Cross Tekken didn't hit ther bench marks, even with Capcom spending the last year promoting only Cross Tekken as their #1 fighting game. Capcom tends to get the wrong message from the public reaction. In this case they probably think that vs franchise games don't sell since Ultimate and Cross Tekken both sold under expectation.

yeah thats why i added that game last. too much to try to get done. With sales wise on their current games i think they might of set their prospective bar for profit a lil high , cause these days its a lot of shooter and MMorpg's thats the in thing era. Fighting games are making a comeback but IDK.
side talk excuse me peeps lol

(click to show/hide)
i think tho with the other games might be a much better chance of getting made than a cvs game. But then again ...yeah there has to be a market for those other games to even sell enough to not only make they money back but as well profit.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:10:37 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #3290 on: July 19, 2013, 02:43:01 AM »
Hey everyone,
I found out that the fifth char wont be anyone who appeared in a fighting game before, so we can count out Maki, Haggar and everyone from Slam Masters or Rival Schools.
Additionally, it still will be a character, who would fit the SF universe.
So it is either a enterily new character, or a SF character, who never fought before.
Sources:
http://www.jacehallshow.com/news/interviews/gaming-personality/20130717/capcoms-matt-dahlgren-talks-gamer-feedback-molded-ultra-street-fighter-iv/

Dahlgren tells us not only has  “this character…never been featured in a Street Fighter game up until now” but that this “will be the first time he (or she) makes their fighting game debut.

Not Haggar
One more hint :
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/17/ultra-street-fighter-4s-fifth-character-very-much-related-street-fighter/
Either it's just circumstantial that they're talking about it like that (everyone's dropping hints one after the other) or they're really milking out that reveal.
I hope they don't consider Nilin to be "very much related to Street Fighter". A character that has been in a background / backstory until now ? Goutetsu or Gou Hibiki or someone like that seem the most likely at this point.
NOTE: This quotes are unedited, and thus, they do not show my opinions.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3291 on: July 19, 2013, 11:53:21 AM »
Hmm this now leaves a lot of possibilities now.  Since its someone who is SF related but never been a fighter in SF series could be a few people. I might bet it be Tom...Alex teacher ( including he looks to be a total Bad@ss too) since Alex is the main guy in SF3 which SF4 is the story before SF3 take place and he still alive in end of SF3 but got injured seriously in the begining or the  story by someone. Quite possibly in SF4.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 03:23:26 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #3292 on: July 19, 2013, 12:33:35 PM »
I doubt that Capcom will prefer Tom over Alex. Capcom may have trolled us a lot before, but they would never troll us THAT hard.
It already is more likely that Capcom will screw up the timeline of Street Fighter even more by making Goutetsu, yes, that's right, Goutetsu, a playable character. Come on, they already made Gouken playable, so making Goutetsu playable wouldn't be that unlikely.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3293 on: July 19, 2013, 01:06:54 PM »
lol oh trust,, they would troll hard. its part of the job sometimes. lol . Goutetsu tho would be another SF same style as ryu, ken, akuma, and gouken since he is the master who taught Akuma and Goken but was killed by Akuma at max power.   I can think of some other characters, some like on that blog posted.. but Tom seems to come to me at a good time as a set up to SF3 arc.   To me in all sense to have in the game as a new SF character never before been in playable form, i am thinking they gonna use someone who been in peoples back stories or never seen but mentioned somewhere between SF2 and somewhere in the  Street fighter 3 arc. only a handful comes to mind tho and Tom to me seems just as likely to be in, Dan's dad might be in because of the alpha series being set before SF2.  :-??

OR...

they could be smart and add in their lost character King Cobra.
(click to show/hide)
OH i would love to have this guy in the game! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 01:16:39 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #3294 on: July 20, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »
@Lando: I thought about Cobra too, but I doubt it. Doesn't sound like they are going for a brand new character, but hey I could be wrong. Besides they'd need to switch up his costume cuz one of Ken's alt. Costume's the same. Oh Capcom  o.O#

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #3295 on: July 20, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »
Uhhh... Eliza then?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #3296 on: July 20, 2013, 03:24:39 PM »
Uhhh... Eliza then?
Ken's wife? Wasn't she pregnant in SFIV?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3297 on: July 20, 2013, 03:52:56 PM »

Yep Ibelieve so. Lol.

Yeah sabaki they was to put cobra in then an outfit change woud be needed indeed. I still can only take jabs at who it really could be tho. Still gonna stick with Tom for now. Lol

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #3298 on: July 20, 2013, 04:03:04 PM »
That girl that follows Sakura around then.

I seriously can't think of anyone that would work.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3299 on: July 20, 2013, 09:37:28 PM »

I seriously can't think of anyone that would work.

Bro i am telling you man.. that dude Tom would fit right in perfectly bro! i decided to research some history on the dude and had to look up on SF3 Alex story. Tom was a renowned fighter and had his own gym too and got hurt very bad in a fair fight against Gill. which is why Alex decided to enter the tournament even tho Tom told Alex that Gill had won the fight fair. Tom skills based on what Alex skills are are American Pro wrestling mixed with Kickboxing.  To me Tom would tie right into the in between story of what happens after SF2 and leads into SF3 story wise.

here is one of the spots i read on him as well that talks about Tom in Alex story.
http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Alex

My thought tho on this 5th character is still mind boggling cause not sure how far back they gonna go or how close to SF3 they are gonna get or inside of SF3 story period of anyone in the sidelines. Tom right now for me is my best guess cause of story leads and his skills would be different and more polished than Alex  since being his teacher.  :-??

but still that King Cobra dude if was made to be a new guy in since he was supposed to been in anyway would bring another another new face tho to the game.  ~X( ! lol

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare