collapse

Author Topic: Father shots down his daughter's laptop for bad behavior on Facebook  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 27, 2024, 11:16:02 PM
  • The trend setter
Re: Father shots down his daughter's laptop for bad behavior on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:04:08 AM »
  ^^(PM)^=D> we need more people like this. true be told she still got off easy. my folks would have wore her @$$ as an new shoe literately. then took the comp gave it to some one needy and whooped my @$$ again.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 11:58:34 AM »
 :O*D  ^^(PM)^ Personally I dont think he did enough...he should have elbow dropped it a couple of times..but thats just me ;*))
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 12:32:16 PM »
we need more dads like this guy :thumbsup:

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 01:11:44 PM »
Oh my... how many violent wishes... There's just a lot of problems in families, one of which - huge difference between what parents wish to be respected for and what children could respect their parents for(most common situation when parents trying to buy respect with money and thing and children needs just attention and love after some time they got out of it rebellious teen that they want to punish). Also there's different situation, different standarts and for teens now hardship of they parents in their age means nothing. Rather then live with it parents try to enforce some respect... what they get? Right, hate.
I dunno who's worse - children, who disrespect own parents or parents which with all spectrum of possibilities to look in deep of situations and solve them so their kids won't grow into rebellious teens don't do that and blame "those damn kids".
And one more thing there - if you leave all education to school(which most of children hate, BTW) be ready to have children with mostly different from yours point of view, different morale and valuables. But even if you not leaving everything up to school it's influence can't be denied.
So rather then solve things, found roots of everything we have urge for violence... alright, don't rely on your children then, ever. That makes me sad. Very sad. :( ???
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:47:21 PM by ExeLord »
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 01:24:21 PM »
It's interesting the amount of people praising this moron. He's actually part of a huge problem in most parents: dictatorship breeds discontent.

If you want civil and obedient children, you have to learn that punishing them in an assholish manner will get you nowhere. There is a time and a place for spanking, and a time and place for grounding, but there is never a time and place for dickery.

Additionally, we have no idea what the girl is like. We only get to hear about her from the dad's biased point of view. And to be totally honest, her dad seems a hell of a lot like my parents and my girlfriend's father, which means he's basically a giant man-baby with a gun.

Even more so, anyone with half a brain would have sold the laptop to try making back the money he just spent on it, instead of blowing holes into his hundred dollar bill.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 01:56:32 PM »
 :-?? i honestly dont think he's wrong. he provides for her, gives her what she asks for (like the laptop). she then  makes a post like that on facebook which she already got grounded for before, and  blocks them this time so she could do it again because she doesn't feel taht she should have to do chores. i see no problem with him punishing her by shooting the laptop that he bought after she disrespected him and the other adults in her, also he set it as an example for other parents (though they don't have to be as "extreme" as he was)

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 02:01:45 PM »
I'm with Kriven on this. We don't know who says the truth - father or daughter. And on that matter - she blocked it from parents, how did he get the text? Used her account? Now that's some parent...
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 02:06:49 PM »
im guessing he saw it after fixing and upgrading her laptop to how she wanted it.....

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 02:38:28 PM »
well well well. what can i say about this...lets see.

I am a father of 2 children, a teenage high school daughter that lives with me and a son well on his way to being a teen soon on a couple years.  As a parent i on one hand understand the dads upset about what his daughter has done, which is in violation indeed. Should he had shot the laptop? thats the real meat and bones of it all with what people are gonna find an issue. well i say 2 things:
1. he bought it and it was a PRIVALGE for his daughter to use it with restrictions that she violated and so with all that said, he has every right to do with it what he pleases. his money spent and his choice to do what with it. I have a very good friend who threw his teen daughters laptop he struggled to buy and she did something crazy with it flashing herself on FB and alot of cursing and just alot , out the top bedroom window it went. he didn t shoot it,  but he took a hammer to it and broke it into tons of pieces and said this is how she made him feel after all she had done with what he slaved to get her cause she begged for it to be able to have fun with her friends on it and used it for otherwise.

2. As a parents of teenagers or any children that know they shouldn't cross certain bounderies, we have to make rational decisions all the time.  There will be those other outside of what our views are and stances on punishment and what we do that impacts our kids when they choose to do the total opposite of what we teach them. If that was i who did that, back in the day, there would be no talks, no punishment  and no "lets come to a rational way to explain what lando did wrong when he knew what he did was wrong in the first place' chit chat. I would have gotten my @$$ whipped ! point blank! Old school style.

Kids that cross the borderline needs lessons. Talking does not ALWAYS solve the issue. either does beating them by any chance. But i will say this, i dont have to spank my kids to put the fear in them to know you do not cross this line. but thats my kids. I got my fair share of butt whoppings, and yes i did things that deserved my old school spanking back then. lol.  These days its different and with those kids who never wanted to punish their children in a way and think just a simple talk will do it are very naive unless you have a child that you can do that with and they respect that boundary.Kids these days are far more testy than the days i grew up, more access to things they may have, should not have or view. we want the very best for our kids for those of us that have them actually as our own. Real Talk and straight to the point... If you do not set guidelines and boundaries and not enforce those lines when they are crossed, you are in for a world of trouble. hell , you are in for it even when you do, but the key thing is , you do it regardless and stick to your guns! ( not meant to be a real gun lol) . establish a respectfrom early start for both parent and child both ways and if it is crossed, you deal with it as a parent should.

My outside/Inside viewpoint.
I have 2 cousins who got the best from thier parents as children from birth till they hit that full adult line, they totally crapped on everything they had been taught and raised. Now my uncle and aunt have 2 full grown idiots that they tried their best for and decided , its now their time to enjoy life. I know cause i was always around. so no matter how well you do and raise your kids, they still gonna do what they wanna do when they hit a certain age and level. you just do the very best you can and pray and hope , you done enough to get them to adulthood and they morales that you helped instill in them that are sound will help them be productive.

:)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 10:28:20 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 02:49:53 PM »
YESH I KNEW IT!!! LANDO WROTE AN ESSAY!!!  I WIN!! :w00t:
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 27, 2024, 11:16:02 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »
I'm with Kriven on this. We don't know who says the truth - father or daughter. And on that matter - she blocked it from parents, how did he get the text? Used her account? Now that's some parent...
its way too easy to access someones page. block or not.  8=|

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 03:13:25 PM »
dANG YOU! how dare you place bets on me and my long winded speeches!  \-/o

(click to show/hide)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »
:DxDie
And on that matter - she blocked it from parents, how did he get the text? Used her account? Now that's some parent...
Sorry, but if you don't want someone seeing it, don't post it on the internet. Not to mention he's an IT guy and was upgrading her laptop. I probably wouldn't have shot the thing though.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:42:38 PM by C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives! »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 04:41:03 PM »
Apparently she acts just like her parents do.

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 04:59:29 PM »
i'm with kriven as well
did she post something stupid considering her dad provides for her. Yes
but if she doesnt want you to see her facebook and you looked anyway its kind of your fault that you read something you didnt want to hear
everyone needs to be able to vent, and this guy's invading her privacy

and if your the kind of a**hole who goes against someone's wishes to see their facebook, just to see wether or not see posted something bad about you, i'm inclined to belive they might be telling the truth about you

oh and:
dickery
awesome
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 05:01:20 PM »
i personally wouldt have shot it either Shadaloo,. maybe kicked it or put it up for so long she forgot she had one to begin with. lol , but ehh his money so , i guess that was his way of doing a level 3 borderline crossed punishment. lol . i think alot of parents have levels and that definetly has to be level 3 to the extreme. lol

@ Acey - if thats how they are really, i would hate to see what he would do if it got a virus! lol

@ Nick- i think when you make things posted for everyone to see wether family or not , privacy then gets null and void bro. like shadaloo said, its the internet and you shouldnt post things you dont want people to see. plus as a parent, our job is to monitor our kids activities . yes there are some pvt boundaries you definetly give your kids. i agree , my daughter has plenty of that. but if you post on the internet, your privacy is gone. If you are an adult and i go through your laptop then yeah i invaded your privacy but if you are my child and not an full adult, my duty is to monitor what your doing cause guess what, if i didnt and lets say something really bad happens it went to court, first thing is , why didnt you monitor your child activities? Its already been a ton of cases like that. Its our parental responsibilty.   what he done as far as shooting it, that was his choice.  :-??
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:20:37 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 05:29:04 PM »
still think she deserved the punishement but again i and most people wouldn't have shot it lol  i don;t really agree with the privacy thing. if you suspect your child is doing something you specifically told them not to do i dont think you're wrong for checking. for example if parents thinks their kid is on drugs and they check the room and actually find it, are you going to wonder how the parent found the drugs or if the parent is dealing with the situation?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 05:40:42 PM »
still think she deserved the punishement but again i and most people wouldn't have shot it lol  i don;t really agree with the privacy thing. if you suspect your child is doing something you specifically told them not to do i dont think you're wrong for checking. for example if parents thinks their kid is on drugs and they check the room and actually find it, are you going to wonder how the parent found the drugs or if the parent is dealing with the situation?
^^(PM)^ exactly!

i monitor my daughters account and her cellphone ( from time to time cause she has bvuilt alot of trust and i know how she uses it). i only found one thing i didnt like and it was a texton her cellp[hone cause i told her to let me see it at a random time and i found a it from a boy she knew and had her take that off and tell him dont be sending her anything stupid messages ( something very unappropriate)  like that. aint never happened again so far. met him when he came to the house and his mom and he apologized. other than that, he a pretty cool kid and his mom didnt know he was sending messages and stuff like that and now she governs his stuff more closely. Me and his mom had a good talk and laughs. so it turned out pretty cool between parents caring about they kids. especially when we footing those bills!  :D

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 05:42:34 PM »
What a waste, seriously. I wouldn't have done anything to the computer, those things are 1 money, 2 if you wanna to get rid of the thing, sell it or give it to someone who needs it. Me personally, I would have taken the computer, wiped the drives and either kept it for a long time or sold it or given it away to someone who needed it. He could have made his daughter give it away and the point would have still been made.

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 05:44:20 PM »
for example if parents thinks their kid is on drugs and they check the room and actually find it, are you going to wonder how the parent found the drugs or if the parent is dealing with the situation?

well thats different, its not incredibly self-centered, and in my opinion he can set whatever rules he wants for things INSIDE his house but not for the internet or things outside his house

this guy was looking specificly to find out if she said anything bad about him
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 05:51:16 PM »
What a waste, seriously. I wouldn't have done anything to the computer, those things are 1 money, 2 if you wanna to get rid of the thing, sell it or give it to someone who needs it. Me personally, I would have taken the computer, wiped the drives and either kept it for a long time or sold it or given it away to someone who needed it. He could have made his daughter give it away and the point would have still been made.

^^(PM)^ i would have done one of those too. he went to the extreme with it. lol

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 06:01:23 PM »
I also really don't think fear is a good way to parent. Fear and respect are completely different things, and when parents can't figure this out, they often end up with troubled teens. There's only so much fear an individual can take before they go batman insane.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »
There's only so much fear an individual can take before they go batman insane.

Isnt batmans whole thing that he scares people into respecting him?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 06:23:55 PM »
I also really don't think fear is a good way to parent. Fear and respect are completely different things, and when parents can't figure this out, they often end up with troubled teens. There's only so much fear an individual can take before they go batman insane.

true in a good sense bro kriven. i never feared my parents like they were super villians but i feared the punishment i would get if i did the things i knew were wrong and inappropriate.  thats where this "fear" means in a constructive parental sense of the word used.  plus depends on how the parent utlizes it . I feared my step dad when he would do things he shouldnt have because i knew those things would impact our family through verbal abuse or fights with my mom. but i never feared him personally. yes i was afraid of the consequences if i did something i know i shouldnt have , like go around the corner where all the drug dealers was and when i knew i wasnt allowed there cause i knew i would get on punishment and couldnt go outside for a couple days.

There are some kids ( well alot) that because they havent had to be afraid of consequences for their actions and they just get by with a talk, then they tune that out cause they know nothing is gonna get taken from them. its just more parent yadda yadda ydadda! There is no clear defined line drawn. it doesnt really happen till those parents snaps from all the trying to be this supposed constuctive way that it all goes out the door and then the more direct approach happens. thats when the kids feel more violated cause they now in the serious trouble they created and the spoiled brat surfaces. I have witnessed this myself in my own relatives and friends .

@ whiplash- pretty much whiplash , pretty much. lol. they all fear the Batman and his scare tactics. lol. i would too.  :-SS @^@

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal