collapse

Author Topic: Father shots down his daughter's laptop for bad behavior on Facebook  (Read 1660 times)

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
Re: Father shots down his daughter's laptop for bad behavior on Facebook
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 06:59:15 PM »
i monitor my daughters account and her cellphone ( from time to time cause she has bvuilt alot of trust and i know how she uses it).
And there goes privacy ??? If my parents done that I would probably shatter my phone by myself(though I had no cell phone while I was in school, but I had icq and am happy that no one was reading stuff there). Honestly, why the hell you doing that? When I wanted to share the fact I met with interesting person - I've done it myself, but why parents need to know about my arguing about music styles with some DJ? That's not only uninteresting, but personal. I didn't share stuff like that, but if parents knew what I said there and started to argue with me on subjects I argued there I'd deleted account so they don't spy on me.
About shielding. Yeah, father tried to prevent me watching adult content, while watching it by himself and I watched his history in IE... Then learned to delete own history... But it's double standard, I never knew why he can and I can not. He hated me playing emulated games too, he said "you playing those stupid games for old, primitive consoles while having powerful PC, play at least advanced games". Like hell I needed that advice.
Also there's opinion "having dairy is not for personal stuff and private memories, it's for parents to easier keep track on you". It's more girlish stuff, but I still dislike people who reads personal stuff like without permission. I don't have facebook account so I dunno how easy is to read blocked stuff, but still it doesn't looks good for me.
Yet, Acey is right, I still have my father's traits and not a best ones. And after he's gone I can't get rid of "be better then he was, never spend my time on seeking for better job, etc.". It's obvious that in most cases I was thinking "f those jobs, f those money, just be at home and spend some time with me". That was me then and that's me now, who have shattered opinion 1) he could give me more if he didn't chased money as he said "for me"; 2) I don't miss him like he was.

The best parent can do is to set example, yet child is free to follow it or not. If child is punished for doing something not allowed to him/her, but allowed to parent it will only born hate, disrespect, distrust, wish to do that even more and lies. When parent says "don't slack of" and slacking him/herself it automatically treated as "you can't, but I can" and of course sooner or later would be violated in most worst way(more parent repeats it worse it gets).

And Batman - he scared people not for "respecting" him, he scared criminals to fear him. What's good for criminals isn't good for own children.
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 07:10:58 PM »

Okay I'm just gona say this. I know my parents can moniter the stuff I do. And 2:

What she did was NOT private. Seriously, that's like saying this topic is private, or if I post "I'm gay" on facebook then get upset when people say that I'm gay. (Not gay btw.. example.)

you type ANYTHING on facebook, it's not private anymore, it's public.

My dad has seen the stuff I've went to on the internet, and could easily do it again. Am I "angry" at my father for it? I don't give a crap. In fact, the only time I ever see someone being bad is when their parents are very irresponsable and don't care what their children are doing.

ALSO kriven, there is "never a time for dickary"? Appearently at 16 there is.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 07:18:07 PM »
i guess it comes down to what works for your child without crossing the line. everyone has their own opinion on parenting. i don't see what the big deal is with monitoring your kids activities, im not saying that you have to be breathing down their neck to know what they are doing but atleast you care enough to make sure they arent doing the things that they themselves know are wrong. maybe shooting her laptop is the only way that she'll learn her lesson  :-?? my brother and i were raised under the view of "spare the rod spoil, the child" and we've turned out fine, i don't regret that i was raised that way. im not saying that all children should be raised like i was but it worked for me and it does for other people also. everyone's situation is differnet but in this particular one i don't think her dad was wrong

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »
And there goes privacy ??? If my parents done that I would probably shatter my phone by myself(though I had no cell phone while I was in school, but I had icq and am happy that no one was reading stuff there). Honestly, why the hell you doing that?

I think since this part was adressed to me particularly, i will tell you . Cause I am Dad and thats my responsibility not just to my daughter but to me as well as a parent to keep up to date with what things she is getting into as a high schooler and goingh though as a developing young adult. when parents dont take an interest into what they kids are truly doing they close themselves off to what real problems are happeneing. My daughter talks to me all the time about just about anything she wants to and she needs to.if there is something she doesnt wanna discuss , i firmly let her know, i understand but definetly come to me when you ready and when you know you should.

I have to know certain things . I take my parenthood seriously and love to have fun with my kids at the same time. i respect them to have their zones and they respect mines and my duties to them. because anything i do, its for them first and myself last. i havent gone through her cellphone and account in 1 year solid. See bro, i explain why i do what i do. not just take it and do it. but thats my approach. not others and they arent wrong if they flex their parent muscle to do that.IMO.

Most times i found when a kid feels intrusion of their privacy is when they dont want you to find something they did wrong. i did it , my brothers and sister done it and so on and so on. When your in the parent role hardbody you will see as well the difference styles in parenting and sometimes those consequences of how they do. when i grew up, privacy in your home as a child was a privalge , not a demand right. i didnt pay for the door on my room, so if i did something that violated the rules and they felt they needed to keep an eye on me, they would simply say, we will remove your door to your room if i didnt do as i am told to do. . you may feel that is extreme cause you may not have done what i done, your parents may differ in they parenting and may not been pushed to those limits. ( never had my door removed tho.. i am such a good boy i tell ya lol)  but the threat was always there and i KNEW they would do it.

i never read my daughter diary i gave her long ago, its not my thing. but if ever a true concern came about and was serious, then yes, i would have to. you have to know when to do things. An FB page is never really pvt, as long as its on the net and i got acess to it any way, i am gonnas look to keep up and make sure my child is safe and doing well. I saw too many shootings over bullying and even net fights on fb that lead to fights and even a kid killed. we had an issue here where i live with that not too long ago this school season and i went to a PTA meeting. it was cool to see other parents came but not as many as there should have been by far.

dang it i wrote another essay! o.O#

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 07:41:30 PM »

Okay I'm just gona say this. I know my parents can moniter the stuff I do. And 2:

What she did was NOT private. Seriously, that's like saying this topic is private, or if I post "I'm gay" on facebook then get upset when people say that I'm gay. (Not gay btw.. example.)

you type ANYTHING on facebook, it's not private anymore, it's public.

My dad has seen the stuff I've went to on the internet, and could easily do it again. Am I "angry" at my father for it? I don't give a crap. In fact, the only time I ever see someone being bad is when their parents are very irresponsable and don't care what their children are doing.
:8 :8 :8
Too long to repost. lol (Not a bad thing, but seriously dude, you should write a book. lol)
^^(PM)^

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »
^^(PM)^

hmmm C.R.O.M Lando's Guide to Parenting 101..Super Long Edition!  :DxDie :-j

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 07:59:07 PM »
lol damn i forgot to post this when i got home from work. i laughed my @ss off when i saw it on yahoo news lol
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »
Whiplash's vendetta against me is adorable : 3

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 09:01:10 PM »
Whiplash's vendetta against me is adorable : 3

What's adorable is your perpetual stupidity and uncanny ability to jump to conclusions that are almost always wrong. ; )

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 09:10:45 PM »
My perpetual stupidity? It seems more like my perpetual difference of opinion, honestly. And also, y'know, your incredible ability to hold immense grudges over it.

But that's okay, I forgive you.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 09:14:06 PM »
My perpetual stupidity? It seems more like my perpetual difference of opinion, honestly. And also, y'know, your incredible ability to hold immense grudges over it.

But that's okay, I forgive you.

Okay you're right, I should't have use the term "stupidity" but honestly, you hold really strong opinions that I always think are wrong.

However, I don't hold grudges, Why would I hold a grudge? I barely even know you, other then the fact that everything I you say I disagree with.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 09:38:10 PM »
It seems to me that we just hold opposing opinions to a point where it quickly becomes volatile.

I think we're the rare example of two individuals who are so different they can't possibly get along for any length of time.

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 09:40:04 PM »
Hell we used to butt whoopins when i was a kid and im turned out fine and i still love and respect my parents..

Im a believe in spankings, kid gets out of line and you better believe a good spanking will fix him up.

This whole talking bs never works and thats why the kids now a days are spoiled brats..
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 09:43:28 PM »
I've honestly never witnessed a parent who even attempted talking to their kids. It was either "SMACK HIM" or nothing.

I think a middle ground is important. Like with breakfast. You need balance.

Offline D.Magician(Ky)

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 16, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
  • Ruffler Of Jammies
    • My MUGEN Site
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 09:49:23 PM »
Father of the year nuff said  :thumbsup:

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 09:57:16 PM »
IMT Cares
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 09:57:34 PM »
Hell we used to butt whoopins when i was a kid and im turned out fine and i still love and respect my parents..

Im a believe in spankings, kid gets out of line and you better believe a good spanking will fix him up.

This whole talking bs never works and thats why the kids now a days are spoiled brats..

I totally agree with scar. i got my @ss kicked when i was kid when i was gettin out of line and im totally fine with that. Made me a better person. I had great parents and they did things for a reason and sent a messege behind it which i totally understood as i grew up. Theres a difference between over abuse and discipline. some parents out there dont know how to be parents and take things way too far. Those are the ones that need help mentally more so. But if my kid decided to outright disrespect me..heh.. oh best believe they are gettin their lips slapped side ways over their shoulder^^

i see kids these days are way too out of control. both white and black parents and i just shake my head. The stuff i see out here in NY is crazy on the train and in the super market with parents and their kids. My parents had things so much in check with me and my sisters that if they just looked at us a certain way when we crossed the line we already knew what time it was. But we respected them because they did everything they could to raise us right. Only thing that used to burn me up about my mom was when i would be trying to end a hard @ss game on Nes for the first time and she told me to cut the game off because of "The light bill"  8=|

lol smh...i used to be so heated

(click to show/hide)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 10:16:09 PM »
I've honestly never witnessed a parent who even attempted talking to their kids. It was either "SMACK HIM" or nothing.

I started getting "talked to" after a whie. Then again I'm not very rebellious nor do I do anything bad, So there will never be need for much more then a talking to.

As a kid though I got beat. I don't see what's so wrong with a spank every once in a while. I heard it makes kids more violent. Who are these kids..?

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 10:23:28 PM »
i happen to know i'm that kind of person, not that i need to get yelled at often, but if you tell me "heres the line dont cross it" or "dude you crossed the line" i'm cool with that and i'll gladly appologise, but you try to hit me... were going to have some problems, regardless of the situation

violence only breads violence
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2012, 10:39:33 PM »
I heard it makes kids more violent. Who are these kids..?

Actually most say that you mhave to be a violent person in the first place to act violent, like how violent video games breed violence argument, only works if the child in question is violent to begin with.

It's not violence that breeds violence but the hate and anger that usually comes with it. If you spank you're child out of hate or anger they will most likely come to resent you, but if you spank them with  the clear reason of proper punishment they will grow to understand and maybe even respect you for it.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 28, 2024, 02:46:58 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 10:42:01 PM »
Am I the only sane one here? You don't just shoot your child's laptop. That will lead to further rebellion. What business does the guy have holding a gun anyway?
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 28, 2024, 10:28:20 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 10:42:52 PM »
okay...ya wanna know what I saw in that video?
The guy ranted on about his daughter having bad behavior on facebook...
I said/asked, "okay did you try to reason with her or something, idk i aint a parent?"

then I saw him pull out his gun and shot the laptop
I said, "cool..."

Then I went to watch another video...

Anything wrong?
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2012, 10:46:56 PM »
Nah me too, just that others thing it was wrong to do that. I personally don't care its his business.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2012, 10:47:33 PM »
Only thing that used to burn me up about my mom was when i would be trying to end a hard @ss game on Nes for the first time and she told me to cut the game off because of "The light bill"  8=|

(click to show/hide)
They all said it probably, mine said it periodically.
I also got my @ss whooped and standing in corner on my knees too. Well, I was forced to say "I'm sorry", for first 30 minutes staying in corner I was to proud to try to move out there, second 30 minutes I had 2 options - to wait that father will say sorry himself or to sneak out. After that I was super bored so I said "OK, I'm sorry, I understand", because standing there isn't pleasure, but I never ever felt sorry, be it act of disrespect or something else. It was pure lie to get out of corner, same goes with spanking. And I hated both - father for thinking he was right to put me there/spank me and need of lies to get out of there and some time behaving like I'm deeply sorry.

But oh well, I know who will fix everything...
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:09:33 PM by ExeLord »
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012, 11:11:20 PM »
@overlordnick:  imagine your 13 yr old son telling you in front of his friends "Kiss my Mutha%$@in@ss dad!! >:P"....just because you didnt let him play his PS6000 because he cut school? what would you do? give him a time out?

@Exelord: you sound like you got your @ss kicked like a close friend of mines when he was a kid by his parents. his family is from the island of Belize. strict as hell with the whippins. but anyway i guess better that than just tossin you out in the street at 15 completely

but in general everyone i think a kid being violent is a mix of various things going on around him or her. family. friends. home living. neighborhood etc. anything thats just all bad when it shouldnt be. As for the pops shooting the labtop id have to say thats just way out there. the most id do is take that labtop and trash it and she wouldnt get another one for a very very long time. theres other ways in getting your point across to your child. theres a good and bad time to hit them. My mom played on it public. she knew i hated to be embarrassed so she always got me at the right time when my friends were there. Very cerebral. being slapped in front of your coolest friends is never a good look. especially when the girl you are trying to impress is standing there too!

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 [29] 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal