collapse

Author Topic: I don't get it...  (Read 2147 times)

Offline oglocdx10

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 17, 2016, 11:06:39 PM
    • Email
I don't get it...
« on: November 08, 2011, 05:22:55 PM »
So i was going through old forums i use to go to because i was bored and i wanted to see what other sites besides here had good mugencontent. So all of a sudden i head to the mugen guild and i saw Acey's rougue was posted there. So i figured that they might think of it as awesome like everyone would.

I was so totally wrong.

It even became a point where they were bashing the character and IMT in genreal. I mean is it like..Some law where mugen forums always have to hate one another. I notice the mods here are very strict which is good but man the stuff i heard there was just crazy..

So does Mugenguild and the whole mugen community hate other people's websites?

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:June 09, 2024, 10:46:13 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Re: I don't get it...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 05:27:33 PM »
It's an old story that no one ever seems to tell right. Bottom line, they don't like us, we don't bother with them, they badmouth us, we just don't bother with them. Some other places haven't figured out that formula yet though.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline oglocdx10

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 05:35:08 PM »
Well the administrator there seemed very respectful and even got mad at the members
for hating IMT over the characters. He said it made him Sick. So i was thinking maybe its just
the members in genreal there. I mean SanjiSasuke was attacked hard 0_0. And if you try to be a good guy
there you are flamed hard as well. I was like man...Its like one of those hardcore sites where you have to be strong
minded and not let the internet get to you to survive.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 15, 2024, 09:40:21 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 05:45:59 PM »
i just went there to find out my account was deleted and my users name is taken and on top of that  WHATS WITH ALL THOSE DUMB@$$ SECURITY QUESTIONS AND THERE BROKEN TO!!!

YOU HAVE FORE ORANGES AND YOU EAT TWO HOW MANY YOU HAVE? TWO FING ORANGES GAWD!!!!

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline oglocdx10

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »
I saw this same exact post. And i just think most of them just did it in a jerkish way. And one of the rules on the forum is to be kind and i guess those people did not do such a thing.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 06:23:15 PM »
Rage they deleted your account? wtf why?

i go there cause my project there and they got some cool tools  but i tryn not to get involved in alot of the discussions. they have some col spriters there and some cool peoples but ehhhhh. i didnt like that thread at all myself.  it was totally uncalled for .  there has been stuff like this going on around mugen since probably forums were created for mugen and some people think they either better than others, just dont like certain admins and teams  and just say whatever they wanna say cause they can.

Its a sad thing to see a program we all seem to love and wanna do good in cant find the time and mindset to be respectful and helpful to all.  sometimes my friend its egos, overnerds, people who just have issues and  the ones that have the 'superiority complexes" dont realize it all means nothing offline in your social day to day life with your kids and family and work. its a hobby we all seem to enjoy and should be able to get along with each other. if you like where your at in a community then dont even worry really about the people with negativity and just focus on your mugen friends and fam .  ::salute::e

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »
Negativity kills, and we're all here to have a good time. Fortunatly a good time for us includes producing some of the best content available for mugen.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 06:30:27 PM »
Negativity kills, and we're all here to have a good time. Fortunatly a good time for us includes producing some of the best content available for mugen.
Amen :thumbsup:

Offline oglocdx10

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »
I agree with this 100%.

@Acey: Which causes some people to rage over other peoples creations and if its not up to par to there expectations they attack. Like how people was talking about how you Rouge is. I mean i know it will have bugs but they attacked every single thing about her and she isn't that bad.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 06:42:13 PM »
Yeah, that whole thing happened when I thought I could bring the MUGEN Middle East together. I figured all the people there who give such in-depth criticism could helpful in fine tuning the char. I even tried saying the more flaming criticism was okay, so long as it was actually usable.

I still don't understand why I got the 3 day ban, the previous post was saying how much I liked the most recent feedback given.

Rage, thats extreme! Wow like I said I only got a 3-day.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 15, 2024, 09:40:21 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 07:16:45 PM »
I dont know why these sites delete my counts. Infantry did the exact as thing.  :-??

Scruffy locked me out but later i was able to get in. I only ask questions at these sites. never been flamed or targeted for hate. Nor do i give hate.

edit: Scruffy did delete my account. after i made a new with my original name.  :D they locked me by soon it was accessible

i got in with the same bs name as at infantry after 33 mins.     .Rage  \-/o

That thread is some thing else. makes me want to delete my current mugen works and find something else. But yeah that place is the reason why i joined imt and infantry. Tho i dont visit Infantry too much and imt......... well imt. Like I like this place the best..........

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 07:26:54 PM by Rage »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Orochi Gill

• Club Syndicate Admin
  • Last Login:July 23, 2022, 10:53:52 PM
  • Best. Ever.
    • Call HOH SIS right now!
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 11:02:07 PM »
I expected to see this kind of thread. :|

I mean SanjiSasuke was attacked hard 0_0

Sanji was inciting a lot of drama and refused to listen to the admin that told him to stop like....4 times? He was doing something called "whiteknighting", which was annoying most of the people in that thread.

i just went there to find out my account was deleted and my users name is taken and on top of that

....MFG doesn't delete accounts except for bots.

@Acey: Which causes some people to rage over other peoples creations and if its not up to par to there expectations they attack. Like how people was talking about how you Rouge is. I mean i know it will have bugs but they attacked every single thing about her and she isn't that bad.

...even though all feedback was blown off, quite blatantly.

I figured I needed to say something.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:08:56 PM by Orochi Gill »
I am the Phantom of the Bates Motel

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 15, 2024, 11:29:42 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 11:32:57 PM »
I expected to see this kind of thread. :|

Sanji was inciting a lot of drama and refused to listen to the admin that told him to stop like....4 times? He was doing something called "whiteknighting", which was annoying most of the people in that thread.

....MFG doesn't delete accounts except for bots.

...even though all feedback was blown off, quite blatantly.

:|
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 11:37:28 PM »
whiteknightning? hmmmm .......time to go google it. !

edit: ok....well ..ummm white knighting you said right? well this is what i found on the word White knighting...as follows.

White Knighting Edit - White Knighting is an attempt at being a feminist ally that assumes that men are better feminists than women are.

Examples of White Knighting might include:

re-stating a woman's feminist arguments so as to improve them, on the assumption that you can express them more clearly and objectively
defending a woman in an argument, cutting off her own defence of herself
concern trolling about the tone of feminist expression or otherwise assuming that feminism is in dire need of a man's input
Essentially, the problem is an ally's assumption that one is the best, most effective, feminist present.

:|... i dont get it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:56:04 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 12:16:56 AM »
whiteknightning? hmmmm .......time to go google it. !

edit: ok....well ..ummm white knighting you said right? well this is what i found on the word White knighting...as follows.

White Knighting Edit - White Knighting is an attempt at being a feminist ally that assumes that men are better feminists than women are.

Examples of White Knighting might include:

re-stating a woman's feminist arguments so as to improve them, on the assumption that you can express them more clearly and objectively
defending a woman in an argument, cutting off her own defence of herself
concern trolling about the tone of feminist expression or otherwise assuming that feminism is in dire need of a man's input
Essentially, the problem is an ally's assumption that one is the best, most effective, feminist present.

:|... i dont get it.

In forum parlance, it means rushing to the aid of another poster for whatever reason. An accusation typically reserved for when a poster is being hammered by another poster(s) and the accused leaps in to defend them, usually without thinking things through as to why the person is being attacked.
Poster A: <Says something unfunny>
Poster B: Shut up, ******.
White Knight: Hey, leave him alone. Why are you all ganging up on him?
Poster B: Quite white knighting, ******.

courtecy of urban dictionary

inciting drama doesnt sound like sanji to me, besides if my definition is correct then then that satement makes no sense
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 12:21:19 AM »

Yeah, but I'm gonna say this and mean it as objectively as possible: Even you don't need to say something, you figure you need to say something so I could understand why no one in here would want to hear you out.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 12:21:54 AM »
ahhhhh i see, . yeah like i would have thought to look that up in the urban dictionary. o.O#. lol.  great find bro. Now i know.  its the old age man. lol

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 01:19:07 AM »
 I will say not everyone over there is bad, but on the other hand dude you have to just be careful. The thing is, its the internet so there is nothing you can say or do to them to make them stop verbally attacking you, because i'm sure you've seen the useless pages after pages of people talking trash about something stupid and then just when you think its over, more people jump in on the bandwagon and add more fuel to the fire.  So the best thing to do is just to not go anywhere where you feel that's going to happen to you or anyone else.

Alot of people at different forums play the "I'm just giving feedback" card, but there are respectable ways of doing it and i have seen them do it among each other. Believe me, if they're cool with each other or like whatever work is being put out in any kind of way, the feedback that is given will be addressed in a more respectable manner rather than with the usual ruthless and rude comments that are normally said 90 percent of the time if that person or persons don't kno you enough to respect your work or just plain out just don't like what you made or said just cuz....

And remember, alot of people choose to pick fights with people because this is the internet, and they feel like they can say or do anything. Even though outside of the internet, the boldness of speaking out, being rude, or talking trash.... Its just something they wish they had the guts to do....but sadly when it boils down to it...  outside of the internet in their day to day lives they might not have a no backbone whatsoever, so instead they prowl and look for guys like you, to mess with.... hence >>> TROLLS

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 01:30:29 AM »
I will say not everyone over there is bad, but on the other hand dude you have to just be careful. The thing is, its the internet so there is nothing you can say or do to them to make them stop verbally attacking you, because i'm sure you've seen the useless pages after pages of people talking trash about something stupid and then just when you think its over, more people jump in on the bandwagon and add more fuel to the fire.  So the best thing to do is just to not go anywhere where you feel that's going to happen to you or anyone else.

Alot of people at different forums play the "I'm just giving feedback" card, but there are respectable ways of doing it and i have seen them do it among each other. Believe me, if they're cool with each other or like whatever work is being put out in any kind of way, the feedback that is given will be addressed in a more respectable manner rather than with the usual ruthless and rude comments that are normally said 90 percent of the time if that person or persons don't kno you enough to respect your work or just plain out just don't like what you made or said just cuz....

And remember, alot of people choose to pick fights with people because this is the internet, and they feel like they can say or do anything. Even though outside of the internet, the boldness of speaking out, being rude, or talking trash.... Its just something they wish they had the guts to do....but sadly when it boils down to it...  outside of the internet in their day to day lives they might not have a no backbone whatsoever, so instead they prowl and look for guys like you, to mess with.... hence >>> TROLLS

For the TR;DL - On the internet, everyone thinks they're the king crap.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline oglocdx10

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 08:37:40 AM »
I also agree with this. On the mugenguild i noticed there were telling SanjiSasuke that all there were doing is giving feedback but they did it in a very jerkish way. I was just like..wow, Seriously? And even when Acey did come in there after they bashed sanji for taking Feedback from Sanji they still continued and we had someone instigating the situation.

What is sad is i see this in alot of other forums i go to like a Wrestling forum i go to and i thought the Mugen community was nicer but it seems i was wrong on sudden aspect.

Offline Z

• Graphic Designer
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 28, 2024, 08:03:34 PM
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 10:35:19 AM »
I can't believe this topic hasn't been dumped yet..

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »
I've heard that a lot recently "I can't believe this topic hasn't been dumped yet".

I don't think we're too big on dumping topic except when people are fighting. So if anyone wants to turn this into a fight then we can trash it.

Offline Black Ops20

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
  • SGM Team Member & CFAS Team Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 01:00:35 PM »
I also agree with this. On the mugenguild i noticed there were telling SanjiSasuke that all there were doing is giving feedback but they did it in a very jerkish way. I was just like..wow, Seriously? And even when Acey did come in there after they bashed sanji for taking Feedback from Sanji they still continued and we had someone instigating the situation.

What is sad is i see this in alot of other forums i go to like a Wrestling forum i go to and i thought the Mugen community was nicer but it seems i was wrong on sudden aspect.
I didn't know what to think about the guild at first because I kept hearing so many bad things about it but after going there I feel like a lot of people are just sensitive. They're one of the only mugen sites that most forum members actually give feedback. On forums most of the feedback is "this is great" or +1. You also can't say they give jerkish feeedback because atleast they give ACTUAL useful feeback as opposed to other forums.I'll say it is nicer here then there but it isn't anything wrong with that forum. If your a sensitive person then don't go there because there are nicer forums out there like here and Sinhra. Point is its personal preference there's nothing wrong here or there so quit with the there forum is worse than ours thing. I will say that most of them don't like IMT because of Kong. I'm not a supporter of that forum or anything its just an unbiased opinion.

Viewtiful Joe by Black Ops and Nestor

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 01:42:43 PM »
I didn't know what to think about the guild at first because I kept hearing so many bad things about it but after going there I feel like a lot of people are just sensitive. They're one of the only mugen sites that most forum members actually give feedback. On forums most of the feedback is "this is great" or +1. You also can't say they give jerkish feeedback because atleast they give ACTUAL useful feeback as opposed to other forums.I'll say it is nicer here then there but it isn't anything wrong with that forum. If your a sensitive person then don't go there because there are nicer forums out there like here and Sinhra. Point is its personal preference there's nothing wrong here or there so quit with the there forum is worse than ours thing. I will say that most of them don't like IMT because of Kong. I'm not a supporter of that forum or anything its just an unbiased opinion.

I think the point your missing is that even though they do give useful feedback, most of the time people can be rude about it. Its not just about whether someone is sensitive or not, you just shouldn't talk to people or insult them with rude comments just get your point across. Opinions are welcome but being a butt to someone surely doesn't help out at all, it just makes the situation worse. And most use the idea of feedback as a means to down play somethin just so that they can have somethin to say when ultimately they don't care whether the creators works get better or not, they just want to talk trash and troll.

I think that other people take mugen way too seriously sometimes and they verbally attack people over somethin very stupid.... Plus like I said in my earlier post, they can and also have showed times where they have given feedback or comments without being rude to one another, and these were actions made by people who are known to bash or troll other people. But this was probably only because of what I said in my earlier post as well.

And if someone doesn't like a whole forum as a whole just cus of 1 or 2 creators then, that to me sounds like some are sensitive as well. And most of them are jerks with feedback because you dont have to insult the person to get your point across. They don't do it to people they respect or people that make somethin that they find interesting so why do it at all.....Oooops i forgot, because they want to and also just cuz.....SMH But to make things easier if you know the background of a place or have had run-ins just don't go there.... Its as simple as that....

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »
I really wish people would get over this "+1" bulls*** we're associated with. We didn't start it, that was based on Infantry's karma system. We never used that, and I can't remember that last time anyone here has ever said that.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar