collapse

Author Topic: I don't get it...  (Read 2043 times)

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
Re: I don't get it...
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »
I really wish people would get over this "+1" bulls*** we're associated with. We didn't start it, that was based on Infantry's karma system. We never used that, and I can't remember that last time anyone here has ever said that.

Yep and also just because others might praise it doesn't mean it the creator's work is indeed garbage does it mean you have to bash them into oblivion. I mean, if it was that serious to you or that bad, why not try to give them feedback in a respectable manner and that way, they will "ACTUALLY LISTEN" to you and then they just might go back and fix whatever it is they need to fix to make it better. But see that's the thing, most of them could care less whether its fixed or not, they just wanna bash... Here at IMT, they may not always give the feedback you guys want, but they still have it here, they just don't believe in insulting others to get the point across is all...

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »
I really wish people would get over this "+1" bulls*** we're associated with. We didn't start it, that was based on Infantry's karma system. We never used that, and I can't remember that last time anyone here has ever said that.
+1 posts are unprodutive and unhelpful forms of telling someone that you like their character.
+1 posts aren't limited to just saying +1 tho.

Posts like "Good char, man" or "Nice job,  :) :) :)" or "Excellent work! I've been waiting for this, good job!!!  :o :o :o" are +1 posts. (I'm sure you've seen these around the forum).

If they offer no feedback, insight, or detail then they're (most likely) +1 material.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 02:24:37 PM »
+1 posts are unprodutive and unhelpful forms of telling someone that you like their character.
+1 posts aren't limited to just saying +1 tho.

Posts like "Good char, man" or "Nice job,  :) :) :)" or "Excellent work! I've been waiting for this, good job!!!  :o :o :o" are +1 posts. (I'm sure you've seen these around the forum).

If they offer no feedback, insight, or detail then they're (most likely) +1 material.

No, I'm very aware of that, it's just they honestly believe we +1 and that quite frankly pisses me right the hell off.

And honestly, what's wrong with showing some appreciation? Not everything that is said HAS to be criticism, constructive or otherwise.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Black Ops20

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
  • SGM Team Member & CFAS Team Member
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 03:01:16 PM »
I've never been to mugen infantry so I don't no what your talking about. I said MOST forums say +1 and I used that as an example to how most feedback is on forums.Your "pissed off" for no reason.

Viewtiful Joe by Black Ops and Nestor

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »
I wouldn't knock those who are just excited about a release and post their pleasure about it either though. The examples GT Yzan cite are exactly this. Can't someone just say "hooray" without being judged as inadequate?

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 03:08:27 PM »
I can say i am glad that here i get feedback on some things and its not "thats crap looking" or "hey terry bogard was never in an anime , just games" speeches.  :D

i been around for alot longer time than say i have in mugen. i have seen how alot of forums were going when they got made and saw how some operate in their discussions on creations of all sorts.  The guild was the very first site i joined  and then joined here sometime afterwards and followed by cool others and  with a couple i am with ( especially here) it all  just feels like home with everyone like brothers/sisters/cousins...Fam.  I can say when you deal with forums that seem to have a sort of biasness towards certain creators works no matter how cool or good it is , it says something.  if its a couple people its one thing but if it seems to be a wide various group and known peoples saying these things then it really says even more.  i feel if a character/stage /fx/screenpack whatever is good and it works for me then its good to me.

i dont believe in bashing anyone especially new creators cause they wanna get their start like everyone else had and still are. feedback doesnt have to have point blank " this sucks a** cause i dont like this kick and you need to change that monkey s***!"  thats not feedback, then followed by random people chiming in on how it sucks and then followed by inclusion of other creators from here or where ever that dont deal particularly with a site who stuff they dont like regardless of how good it is  but that have nothing to do with the talk at hand. those things to me are uncalled for . it makes me wonder where the level of artists respect gone in spots.  plus saying "feedback is feedback' is totally wrong.  you cant even use that in the real world .  as an example when i was training to be a shift manager at the oil company..my boss says "if i was to tell my co workers on the job that what they did was dumb but i dont pinpoint out and show what mistakes was wrong to make right then that make me look dumb not them. I use the same logic even when i talk to my kids about stuff . i explain and show in detail.

i think as well people forget , no one HAS to take your feedback if it doesnt fit what they are trying to do or is ignorant and rude. no one should have to filter whats said to find what it means. I have gotten many helps coming along with my own stuff i am trying to do and i am very happy for those who have helped me. i find myself now helping others. The mugen experience lives strong when we can help each other in a cool manner and be good creators, artists , teachers and friends with respect to make cool things for ourselves and others to enjoy.

Hail CROM  ::salute::

Offline prnzokoshiro

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 08, 2015, 12:51:10 PM
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 04:08:41 PM »
' "hey terry bogard was never in an anime , just games" '

there's been Fatal Fury animes, what do they think they're talkin about?

and even if there wasn't, you could just say "well, you never been in no anime either".  And that settles that.

save the speeches for the peaches n cream, F a dollar n a dream!!!!!

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 04:16:37 PM »

That was the point. People love to talk like they know something, even when they're completely wrong.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 04:24:39 PM »
No, I'm very aware of that, it's just they honestly believe we +1 and that quite frankly pisses me right the hell off.

And honestly, what's wrong with showing some appreciation? Not everything that is said HAS to be criticism, constructive or otherwise.

No, they don't. There's nothing wrong with a couple of posts that lack substance or posts that are solely meant to show appreciation, but there's a point where these kinds of posts become spam and actually hinder a creator's ability to progress.

:o
Comments like this are absolutely useless and the releases section is plagued with them. You should take note that THIS is usually what ppls see when they browse the forum and this is why IMT has the (+1) reputation that it does.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 04:30:09 PM »

and even if there wasn't, you could just say "well, you never been in no anime either".  And that settles that.

save the speeches for the peaches n cream, F a dollar n a dream!!!!!

:D i know right! i saw that in the thread and i was dying laughing :DxDie. its things like that when people comment before researching, thinking or knowing about something is just...crazy. i have had to go in detail to correct people on some things there .  i had even been accused of stealing a character select screen and then the lifebars right after the former was disproven to be wrong. Simply i said was ...ask him yourself. they were made and given to us by Vnix ( a great great artist and very cool friend),  the logos, character select screen , portrait style boxes and the lifebars .  they just went into something else to fuss about. but then later i realized why it was said, probably because of who done the custom work and i had it. lol . found this out via a thread in another forum. which is a shame too.

stuff like that churns my stomach and really make me shake my head .so it goes to say and show me that no matter how good something looks, plays or is in total, people are just gonna make a stink over something because of non sensible reasons.

Offline Z

• Graphic Designer
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 28, 2024, 08:03:34 PM
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 04:31:57 PM »
...and sorry bout the last line.  I'm delirious right now and that was for lando's benefit.

kibbles n bits

and these people all come from mugen guild.  They were born there, they eat sleep fart there, and they were previously hooked on WoW prior concurrent to their mugen trolling habits. I know I Know. No.

That was a very very stupid comment you just made there.
I'm giving you a chance to edit it before I actually do take action.
WoW? Really?

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »
That was a very very stupid comment you just made there.
I'm giving you a chance to edit it before I actually do take action.
WoW? Really?

Yeah, I'm gonna let him too. That was really uncalled for.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 04:57:58 PM »
And third

Offline prnzokoshiro

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 08, 2015, 12:51:10 PM
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 05:15:02 PM »
Apologies, then.

I didn't think anybody would really take that seriously!

Offline Z

• Graphic Designer
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 28, 2024, 08:03:34 PM
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
It wasn't a serious remark..it's one of those types of posting where you make yourself look extremely stupid.

Offline oglocdx10

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 17, 2016, 11:06:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 06:11:07 PM »
@Acey: Don't worry i was not wanting this to turn into a fight with anyone or no back and forth type things. Just wanting to know why people are hating on each other the way they do when i just believe we should just all get along.

Black Ops20: I am not complaining about them at all and saying whose forum is worse type thing. I was just wondering in forums in Mugen in general and i used the guild as an example because thats what i saw going on.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 07:37:54 PM »
I can't stop anyone from doing anything and don't really want to. It's internet, kinda freedom for all who have access. You can find here geniuses and bodies-without-brains. You may moderate it, but that comes at cost of lower rate of visits, forums are thin matter which built of 2 things - personality of main team and content policy. Main team gives direction of forum live, I know examples where high plank of team drives regular users off without any moderation and opposite examples where friendly team letting people to close and in next moment they are on teams neck doing whatever they want ignoring all rules. Content is 2nd thing you need content that will not offend anyone and still will keep coming so forum wouldn't die.
Ah, long text again, maybe Lando really infected me that time ;*))
Well, what I want to say - here, on IMT is one awesome balance of content and teamwork. Here you can have your opinion and won't be killed for that, nobody forces his opinion as ultimate one. It's kinda like home and that's what really matters. When you have home like that it's much easier to look on those haters anywhere else calmly. And that's what should be done. They are killing themselves from inside with all their hatred, why help them or even become their victim? I doubt that they think about themselves that way, but you can. Thinking like that may let you break circle reaction and probably help more to the case then fighting with 'em(which is like spitting oil in fire).
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 07:50:06 PM »
Ah, long text again, maybe Lando really infected me that time ;*))

:D heyy dont be blaming me for that. lol .

ok i am better than i used to be with run on text all the time at least i do now add breaks too. lol  :D

yes ...i am such an infectious individual. gotta love me bro.  :thumbsup:

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 08:49:58 PM »
:D heyy dont be blaming me for that. lol .

ok i am better than i used to be with run on text all the time at least i do now add breaks too. lol  :D

yes ...i am such an infectious individual. gotta love me bro.  :thumbsup:
\-/o :D :-j

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 08:19:16 AM »
There is a post on guild that resumes everything:

Orochi Gill is just biased against IMT releases. If Moldredd's God Ken came from IMT, he wouldn't like it. If ZUN released his Touhou Project games in IMT, OG'd hate it all and wouldn't have big-titted avatars of its characters.

Not that I agree with it, but it has a point. Most people there just have a prejudice against IMT, and that's it.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:40 AM »
When we get as big as IMT has it's pretty improssible to not have a target painted on our backs. In the love we received and in the hate we will always take what we can from it and constantly improve ourselves, our work and our lives. Participation in the Mugen community, for all of us, becomes just another life experience that will shape how we decide to act and how we shape our world to be. IMT - Create your World!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare