collapse

Author Topic: INFINITE TERRY  (Read 3933 times)

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2013, 03:47:08 AM
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
Re: INFINITE TERRY
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2011, 11:01:07 PM »
Six buttons are indeed better, but some games don't necessarily need all them.  Depending on the execution, anyway.

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2011, 04:26:30 AM »
Six buttons are indeed better, but some games don't necessarily need all them.  Depending on the execution, anyway.

If you're talking about a game like Tekken, or VF, then of course it's not necessary! Guilty gear, Blaze blue, and others don't matter to me. But Capcom should know better...  Thank goodness for Mugen, cause if all games play like mvc3, I will no longer be a fan of actual games... This Terry and Infinites other patches just proves that any character from any game is instantly BETTER when 6 buttons are added to the mix...

Offline Rick Wheela

• The New Age Gamer
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:July 14, 2011, 11:46:42 PM
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2011, 12:22:52 PM »
Skeletor....  :-j

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2011, 01:50:34 AM »
Wait, how does MvC3 work?  Similar to MvC2, or even worse?  Like pressing button 1 three times to do a weak medium strong string?

I remember them saying that they were going to simplify the controls, and MvC2 was already 'simplified', so my expectations were met.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2011, 02:07:05 AM »
MVC3 is wayyyyy simplified. that game was made so its easier to pick up and play without tooooo much a steep learning curve in combos. trust , i aint no superman at the game by faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr lmao but i have learned to do combos even without trying. there is much left to be desired in it . its a awesome party game to enjoy with your friends and online but the curve in it was taken out a bit.  with infinites 6 button scheme it actually rewards you more by learning the timimg of hitting those 6 buttons and the according combo strings. mvc3 did it in a new way but def for the newbies to grab it better ( ya still needs some tighter mastering to beat better pros)  and its pretty much is what it is. I favor the scheme of the 6 buttons  more than mvc3 way but its cool. for me , i just dont think i could see Terry and co. honorably in this button style and work in flush fullness.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2011, 02:35:16 AM »
Wait, how does MvC3 work?  Similar to MvC2, or even worse?  Like pressing button 1 three times to do a weak medium strong string?

I remember them saying that they were going to simplify the controls, and MvC2 was already 'simplified', so my expectations were met.
mvc3 controls are simple.

one button for light attack (like a light punch or kick. Say, for Magneto he has his light punch, but no light kick.)

a medium attack similier with the light attack. HOWEVER some character have a basic who's commando is Forward of back and medium, to do a different medium attack I.E. Akuma's Medium is an Axehandle kick. Pushing forward and medium makes him do this downwards chop.)

Hard attack, Exactly like Medium, except with hard.

and a special button. Which is a launch on the ground and a knockdown move in the air. also characters like wolverine where you had to push P+K to do a move like drill claw, have been change to any attack button + Special.

this also applies in the air and crouching.

so, basic air combo is: L,M,H,S, up, L,M,H,S.

infinite's character play similier. just go LP,LK,MP,MK, launcher, Up, LP,LK,MP,MK, knockdown, it's ten hits instead of eight. That being said, both style get way deeper then that.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 02:46:03 AM by -Whiplash- »

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2011, 10:39:43 AM »
Personally, I HATE not having my punches AND kicks to use as I please... There's no point in fighting on the ground in MVC3. It's a race to see who can launch who first. And that SUCKS!! In the older ones, you could dash into an attack on the ground, and get a good 5 or 6 hit combo. fighting on the ground is so limited now, because the game is totally NOT designed for it. It's based on air fighting only, while in the older versions, you could still get a good all around experience between ground and air fighting. This game is a dust collector in my house... Infinite's patches remind me of that golden age where you could not only get a good overall experience, but you have numerous ways to completely destroy your opponent. My friends and I have a hell of a lot more fun with Mugen, and Infinite's patches, but to each his own... A 3 button game, with a special/launch button, compared to 6 buttons, will always LOOSE in my book...   ::salute::

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2011, 11:41:54 AM »
Oh, so it's basically a slightly different version of TvC's control scheme?

That really blows.

Offline Rick Wheela

• The New Age Gamer
  • Initiate
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2011, 01:15:29 PM »
When did this topic turn into a mvc3 topic, i thought it was supposed to be about Infinite Terry?....  :-w

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2011, 10:52:08 PM »
When did this topic turn into a mvc3 topic, i thought it was supposed to be about Infinite Terry?....  :-w

Yeah, it might be a little off topic homie, but don't hate... We're STILL givin props to Infinite Terry, and all of Infinite's works... I was merely comparing that wack @$$ TVC style, to the real deal. If you know like I know, then you know that Infinite's style is off the f.....g HOOK!! Not only has he learned from MVC's game play, but he has improved it with his own style...! Infinite style...  ::salute::

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2011, 11:22:30 PM »
To be completely fair, his work could use improvements in certain areas, but some of the faults are deep within the characters he edits, such as his Alex and Ryu.  If he used GM's Alex and PotS' Ryu as bases, then he could learn from these superior conversions and improve with each character.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2011, 11:59:26 PM »
what can i say, mr infinite def makes an infinite style improvement on those characters he chooses to edit most def.  Pots ryu like ya said luigi has a superiorness ( if thats even a word i just used lol) to him so maybe editing his ryu wouldnt be needed or really a desire. but it really does call to wonder, how does my homie Infinite decides which creators edits to edit infinite style? And add that the ones he does chose to edit turn out better in his style. but yeah the character selection tho i have always been wondering that myself. All his characters he has done are really good and his Alex is a monster in the AI! i have gotten some very hard battles from him using this terry which even moreso focused me on utlizing the infinite style even better. I dont even have to take them air raid ride, i can get a sweet combo string session going on the ground. I like that.

Keep up the great work Mr Mugen. your doing a great job. :thumbsup:

Offline Rick Wheela

• The New Age Gamer
  • Initiate
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2011, 01:41:41 AM »
I think he does an outstanding job! I don't see anyone else doing it like he does. Besides, even the so called ones who create the top notch stuff still have bugs in their stuff as well. You can't have everything your way. No improvement is needed only minor bugs here or there like any other person would also have in their character. Doesn't matter which character he chooses, because he goes inside and literally changes the whole game play of the character as a whole. Him picking who he wants is his decision, so its all on him, but never the less, the result is still the same, awesome!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:42:32 AM by Rick Wheela »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2011, 02:19:31 AM »
 ^^(PM)^ indeedy !

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2011, 12:51:59 AM »
So by your logic, why should he choose Warner's Peter if he wants to edit Actarus' Peter?

It's a crude analogy, but this would sum up my point.  Why waste the lipstick by putting it on something ugly?  It won't do anything to fix the inherited flaws, unless you COMPLETELY recode the character from scratch.

Adding a couple of triggers to make attacks chain into one another doesn't really count as "completely edited".

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2011, 01:13:46 AM »
lol there is more than a couple triggers added to Inifite terry and other characters he has done. there has been new fx in some hypers, all new hypers added in, some sprite editing and of course recoding.  thats still just scratching the surfaceline. 

hahaha lipstick on ugly depending on exactly how ugly can go a long way. lol. so in a sense you are saying the edits of the creators he has chosen were ugly characters...but look what he has done to those characters ... they are totally infinite pimped out and play great in his style. thats a very big plus.

think of the world full of beautiful women only, would guys still cheat on they gorgeous woman for those that do...of course, each has something different than the other. just throwing a real world analogy in there myself. lol

if someone can take an edited character thats considered flawed by some people, and make it better of course in their style , then thats good money right there. if i had a beautiful car sweet ride already only thing i would need to do is tune ups, but if i had a car that was really rough around the edges and the engine really needed some tweaking then i would definetly make some investments into making it what i want it to be and pimp it out.  To me , thats what infinites characters have become , the pimped out car i wanted to make it be like my way.  Its one of those to each his own type things in what you want in ya car . not totally arguing but just saying my part in the discussion.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2011, 01:40:15 AM »
I don't understand why some people seem to hate luigi-master completly rational statements (In this case).

He's right, might as well use the best thing instead of using something subpar.

Think about it, If you were offered the choice between a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich or a Peanut butter and Mud Sandwich, which one would you choose?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2011, 01:55:52 AM »
I don't understand why some people seem to hate luigi-master completly rational statements (In this case).

He's right, might as well use the best thing instead of using something subpar.

Think about it, If you were offered the choice between a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich or a Peanut butter and Mud Sandwich, which one would you choose?

lol both! nahhh , i dont hate luigi master statements, they are what they are . everyone sees things differently. where some can agree with the thoughts others do not. its the way of the world. But i will say this my fellow bro, i am a firm believer in dont go and overhaul something that doesnt need an overhaul, you go and do some good work on the ones that could use some good touchin up. but Infinite has his choices of which characters he wants to do. i personally wouldnt go and try to do over the better edits/characters, i would do over the ones that i think could use a good touching up.

as far as the peanut butter thingy you said...whoever really picks the 2nd choice withpout making some changes to it has a really good stomache. lol. but remember , picking sandwich 1 doesnt need the fixing, its choice 2 that does :thumbsup: .

edit... basically he taking a old chevy novas and turning them into suped up hot rods with some cool performance. IMO even better than the original company sources.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2011, 10:08:21 AM »
did someone say sandwich? im hungry :O*D lol
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2011, 07:37:18 PM »
The Alex he used for a base is by far the most crazy rendition of Alex, ever.  I don't trust conversions of SF3, and other complex games, made by authors without much of a background.  I lost it when I saw his running animation, and his misaligned sprites.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2011, 12:48:11 AM »
The Alex he used for a base is by far the most crazy rendition of Alex, ever.  I don't trust conversions of SF3, and other complex games, made by authors without much of a background.  I lost it when I saw his running animation, and his misaligned sprites.

hmmmm i did a test on that to see for myself with a looky over. when i put it on watch mode with alex vs another cpu opponent , he barely ran, he did his dash move.  so i thought well lemme take em to the training mode to see. took alex in training mode and did his run... i didnt see too much an issue with the run animation when i did the complete run animation with him.  well from my guess when you play against him the cpu isnt always gonna run, cpu ai does every trick in the book you cant do as fast or as well. so the cpu didnt do the full run through animation. just in dashes and some quick runs in short bursts. its always different when you are playing as the character than against him. yeah maybe could use a sprite or 2 in it somewhere but ehhh its to each his own on that. i never really liked Alex that much before. used him a few times in sf3 but nahhhhh.  but in Infinite style i like him. Alex run animation in my mugen looks cool tho ..to me .  :thumbsup:

Offline Rick Wheela

• The New Age Gamer
  • Initiate
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2011, 03:27:04 AM »
 Luigi, look man, its doesn't matter who he chooses, because he completely changes the character's gameplay. If he wants to choose someone that already plays good then great, if he doesn't then he doesn't. Doesn't matter, because in the end you still get the same gameplay. If he wants to choose nut crumbs over a steak, then Dang dude let him choose the crumbs. He puts a lot of work into these. Its more than just chain combos too and you know it. Your so picky, dang and your killing this topic with all the useless rants and you really are killing a dead horse here. How many times are we gonna hear about what you think of this Terry or anything else he has made. You come off as though you could do better, if so, I would love to see, because I know you don't think just because you did that mere edit of Bass that now you think your all that and a bag of chips. Some might say the same thing to you as to why you chose that Bass when you could have chosen something else better to edit because of it needing some tweaks here or there.
 As much as this guy does to each and every one of his character edits, how can you sit there and say that all he does is put in chain combos. You honestly need those eyes checked pal, i mean seriously. Say all you want but guess what, that edit you did of Bass believe it or not carried the same bugs it did in old Bass, and ya kno what, we all knew it. And then you found out about it too, and you kept making updates till you got it fixed too didn't you? Along with all the other stuff as well. So why can't Infinite do the same thing whether the character was awesome or broken to begin with. An awesome example of some one fixing something that needed fixing is that one edit that guy did of Kong's MVC2 Spiderman. That was a major edit. Plus it takes more effort to fix something like that, but being able to fix something like that makes you look and seem like a better coder because you make have taken something that other don't like, and then you turn it into something that people love. It makes you look even better in those people's eyes. (No disrespect to anyone intented) When you take something that plays completely different and you change everything about it including its gameplay,  making into a 6 button character, sprite editing, effects, sounds, and put in more systems like parry and chaining and dash or run etc... That is a big change over something that might have been 4 buttons, 3 buttons, or missing sprites, or an old character made for mugen, sprites not being clean, not having all of the sprites or the would be edited sprites. etc.. So yeah buddy, what you did is NOTHING compared to what he did. But none the less they are still edits and in that since they are still the same, but saying that he didn't do that much work, that's not true. Your being picky and its annoying as crap and I'm tired of it.  At first it was cool because it was your opinion and you are entitled to it but now, its gotten old and its start to sound like your whining like a baby over petty stuff that really isn't that big of a deal.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:46:41 AM by Rick Wheela »

Offline UltimateBiosparkJ

• Warrior of Redemption
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 15, 2022, 01:18:13 PM
  • Pallete Instructor
    • UltimateBiospark
    • UltimateBiosparkJ's YouTube Channel
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2011, 04:02:17 AM »
This Terry has what I need to step it up to the next level in my Mugen. Even more crazy hypers, super jump and the whole nine from the awesome tactics of INFINTE's patches. He's definitely one character I can't pass up on. Not to mention combos is very crucail in my stlye so I can't go wrong when I see a post from this creator right here.
 :)
INFINIITE Terry is the ish hands down!! :w00t: :w00t:
UltimateBiosparkJ a.k.a J-Wizzy, Themes on Deck!!

image hosting without registration

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2011, 04:15:09 AM »
ok imma chime in now... Luigi , not to seeming JUMPING you but i have seen and re read your posts many time . i seriously am doubting you actually played with the character or characters.  you dl the character and open him up in ff and post misaligned run sprite speech ( among a list of other personal and realistic things)but yet if you watch the actual run animation it does look kinda smooth.  so i dont see what the complaint is about.

then saying about all he adds is some triggers to chain combos....uhhhhh ummmmmmmm..you reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllly didnt play with the character then i see cause if you had then you would see...ALL NEW HYPERS, INFINITE STYLE CHAINING, SOME SPRITE EDITING, NEW FX , RECODES ( that he even goes and updates) plus not to even forget you then start nick picking about WHO he choses? o.O# o.O# dude ...red flag right there ! why would it really matter? i just myself wanted to know his process for chosing, didnt matter who or why he chose them because as said... they play TOTALLY DIFFERENT ( my david hasslehoff godlike voice) . feedback is feedback, rest assured and a good debate is great but your posts have become very narrow to the point where it starts to seem like personal trolling to me. you could have even let mr infinite have the last say on the subject ....buuut nooooo, you had to do a 3rd grader...I told ya so! :P.lol ....dude i am pressing charges!!!! only i (Crom Lando33) can do that stuff..its .....copyright infringment!  :D

your focal point was the flaws you found , cool , its been acknowledge , but to then blast on how he needs more improvement and you think he should chose the best stock to edit....dude .. my opinion.. does it matter?  They are new characters all around. so whoever he edits , is now a new dude or gal.

again i dont wanna come off like i am hating you for some reason ( i actually enjoy debating with you lol) but i am starting to see you doing a sorta trend in other threads as well.  [-X [-X
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:49:15 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando33 »

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 27, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
  • Energy Doesn't Die
    • Infinite Fighting Forum
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2011, 02:24:24 PM »
I do add more to my edits than just chain combos.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 02:38:39 PM by Mr.Mugen »

Now Die, Mortal.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar