collapse

Author Topic: INFINITE TERRY  (Read 3925 times)

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2013, 03:47:08 AM
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
Re: INFINITE TERRY
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 09:24:51 PM »
How is it "beating a dead horse"?  It's not my fault they're like "yo bro they aint problems chill dawg" or whatever you kids use these days, when they clearly are.

Offline Rick Wheela

• The New Age Gamer
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:July 14, 2011, 11:46:42 PM
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 03:11:24 AM »
No one said there weren't any problems. No one said you had to praise it like everyone else. Its just that, a lot of people like it even with the flaws in it. Some of the best creators in mugen right now or in the past has flaws in their works, so give him sometime or if he doesn't want to update them now, then just leave it alone. Its not like that edit you did didn't have flaws either... (Just saying) Now if those issues were fixed, that is if most of all of them are even there, then yeah it would be even better. But going on, and on about it..Um yeah. Its pointless, besides you know creators have a fan base, so if you come on the scene talking all "Big" then your gonna have to deal with the drawbacks from it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:56:36 AM by Rick Wheela »

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 03:51:20 AM »
What Acey is probably saying is its already been set in stone whats going on with that Terry there. He already updated it twice i believe. if he decides to do more thats on him. you can say what you want but either he might listen, he might not or its already being noticed. Most of the folks here appreciate the time and work he put into making those patches. He did hella chars already and also was cool enough to update em. Nobodys work is flawless. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of what you think is A+. Example: Somebody may think Buckus stuff Or pots stuff is A+ material where as another may think its D- or overrated for whatever reason.

At the end of the day its a very cool patch to Vyns terry. Its just a lil rough around the edges. We all see the flaws in them just like i saw one flaw in R@CE Astro at one point and he fixed that anyway. It might of been more errors but i didnt care cuz the content in the char was hot and it was pretty damn fun to try out. So give em time man on the lil errors you see ;). But if you want a terry or char done "your way" then you need to create your own real talk.

just sayin man :-??

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:01:12 AM by DeMoNk@I »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 04:15:56 AM »
i say, after reading all the posts, i have to agree with Rick and everyone . you do have some cool points as well . but yeah its jus pretty much whatever Mr mugen wants to do after this point. I myslef , like those flaws  ( if there are any after the updates) , sometimes those lil subtle flaws might actually help a lil gameplay , like beating the holy snot out of some godly character thats ramped up a million times over and i can use a simple lil flaw to exploit the weaknesses.,  >:D >:D
for some its all good with them, for others, they want "ACCURATE" interpreation.  well if that is the case then i will call capcom, " dials capcom number, ring ring ..answers.. hello? hey mr guy that made mvc coding" yeah , its CROM Lando..ya know, future ruler of the world of mugen< yeah that guy, look i need you to make me a mvc style patch for some cvs, rotd, KOF and a couple fraggle rock characters i have and send me the patch when done so i can say i did it, yeah got it. see ya soon and uhhh shhh dont tell NOOOOOOOObody, i want perfect company accuracy . bye bye. click.  :DxDie
yeah the chances of PERFECT ON SPOT mvc style coding, 50/50. but thats the thing, make the style you want. so there may be some flaws, everyones has flaws. But some let it slide , while others want what THEY want.
I oo am makin a version of Terry ( unlike anything made ) but rest assured , there may be flaws, so i just go over them and ship it back out. feedback is feedback but sometimes asking for something that is personal preferences warrents no real value to one person.  so in good flavor, mr mugen will address any more issues with his character or characters as he see's fit. plain and simple. besides , he already has given us ( in my great humble opinion lol ) some of the best edits i have ever played with of those characters and they feel like fresh new characters with a dose of awesomeness.

have fun, keep playing and enjoy. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:21:53 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando33 »

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2011, 01:27:57 AM »
That sounds like some of the most circular and pandering logic I've heard in a while, if you see what I'm saying. giving solid feedback on a character isn't to be ignored because exploiting a weakness helps you conquer the character much easier, and certainly isn't to be downplayed by fellow members of a forum rather than a creator. Sure, it's a lot of feedback, but this is just the tip of the iceberg for me -- this was all tested in fighter factory, and I didn't even try some tests in real matches, so my feedback might be a little light.

Your justification that "maybe you should just wait for the author to choose which feedback he WANTS to take and which he doesn't!" is circular and quite shoddy. The only reason you posted this, I think, is because I poked a hole through your little "personal preference" point and you didn't want to walk away looking like an idiot.

Acey, nothing is set in stone, and this certainly isn't beating a dead horse. Any feedback is to be accepted or at least considered. After all, progress is progress.

Currently awaiting seven more illogical replies.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 01:37:16 AM »
who lil ole me? no way. an idiot..heck naw. a tad touched ..maybe but def not an idiot. lol

and no you didnt poke a hole in the personal preference part of wha i was saying...wait a sec.. was you talkin to me anyway? lol.
i gave you much credit my friend, you do have valid points and if those flaws  dont be corrected, then again, thats HIS choice to do so.
Now as for my part which you did kindly list as i said about using the flaws for gameplay advanage, hey thats MY personal preference not everyones elses.
i say heck if you took the time to open the character in fighter factory then heck bro , take the time to make corrections for yourself to play with him. thats your choice. there isnt a need to drag out the debae on it cause its just what Acey and others been saying in same way just using more or less words to say it ( and my of course comedic way as well but to the same point as others)  but if no one else has the same issues you do or just are enjoying the character as is, so it shall be. if he wants to take in consideration your finding and personal preferences you listed then thats is up to him to do that. cant make him, cant force the issue. It is what it is. So yes , sit back , relax , you made your voice heard but its up to mr mugen to decide if he wants to go and make those adjustments.

Offline Rick Wheela

• The New Age Gamer
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:July 14, 2011, 11:46:42 PM
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 01:46:19 AM »
That sounds like some of the most circular and pandering logic I've heard in a while, if you see what I'm saying. giving solid feedback on a character isn't to be ignored because exploiting a weakness helps you conquer the character much easier, and certainly isn't to be downplayed by fellow members of a forum rather than a creator. Sure, it's a lot of feedback, but this is just the tip of the iceberg for me -- this was all tested in fighter factory, and I didn't even try some tests in real matches, so my feedback might be a little light.

Your justification that "maybe you should just wait for the author to choose which feedback he WANTS to take and which he doesn't!" is circular and quite shoddy. The only reason you posted this, I think, is because I poked a hole through your little "personal preference" point and you didn't want to walk away looking like an idiot.

Acey, nothing is set in stone, and this certainly isn't beating a dead horse. Any feedback is to be accepted or at least considered. After all, progress is progress.

Currently awaiting seven more illogical replies.

1.) your being nick picky
2.) Ya still going on about how your just giving feedback, but alot of it is your preference and others see it just as clear as day.
3.) This issue got annoying one topic and about 13 posts ago
4.) Let it go, cuz I told you that fans would disagree with you
5.) There are people who think the edit you did has bugs in it too and etc but are not carrying on and ranting as you are....

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 01:54:00 AM »
 ^^(PM)^ exactly what rick says.

let it go Luigi man, let it go. breathe in and exhale. woooosaaaa woooosa! lol

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 04:30:06 AM »
who lil ole me? no way. an idiot..heck naw. a tad touched ..maybe but def not an idiot. lol

My dude you are always comedy central! :D :D :DxDie

folks-folks-folks its only mugen ;*)) smh

*sigh* i love my IMT fam...too too funny i tell ya.

CONGRATS MR MUGEN! COOL PATCH MAN!! =D> ;D

*walks away eating a nice big bowl of cookie crisp cereal*

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 05:04:43 AM »
 :D comedy central!

well bro, i just try to bring a lil humor in some serious talk but i as well try to demonstrate the real ethics of the convos. lol.
i mean i did go as far as looking fior a pic or a video of a dude trying to wack a horse laying on the ground, ( not dead , maybe a pinata horse) just for a lil funny bone play on what acey said . dang youtube and google pics , i couldnt find what i wanted! \-/o lol
but in all good CROM Lando fashion i just lay the real thoughts out. Mr Mugen( infinite) will do what he does, make good stuff and making it even better than the original sources in my opinion. is not like we work for companies and gettin paid to make on spot accurate renditions of well, companys characters in mugen unless you wish to do so.  Infinite has come up with a style of his own as EOH , and various others have done as well. Bugs are everywhere, swear to god i was sitting next to a spider  and a cacaroacha a minute ago..wait i mean bugs in coding and such. ;D,  its up to the creator to adjust any fixes he deems he should do without compromising his creations, edits and so forth.

every character has something that could be fixed, something that could be added to make even flashier and something that could be made to be totally different. but to take a singular or even many individual wants into a total characters gameplay would be a hunt and task for the golden fleece or holy grail. sure its cool to add what fans wanna see and have in a character but to please some million people who have so many wishes to be in is insanity to do. he does a banging job fullfilling what he has seen that people love of his edits but he does make fixes to improve his work. Progress is progress indeed but not to be for personal preferences.

OMG now i am doing a beating a dead  horse with a whip with thorns in it! sorry acey. had to steal that line.  :D

CROM Lando...out! ::salute::
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:10:00 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando33 »

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 12:34:56 AM »
lol @ you. Have some zoloft pal. You're acting like a total tool to me for no reason.

It's true that the author can patch whatever he wants to patch, but as soon as I posted my great list of bugs, you deemed my post flamebait, egotistical, and counterproductive. If you really adhered to the belief that he will choose what he wants to update, what's the point of trying to make the bugs I pointed out look insignificant? You're contradicting yourself here, and I think you should follow your own advice.

Also, I've highlighted what are personal preference. The rest are legit.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 01:03:22 AM »
lol nahh man , def not tryin to make you look like a tool dude. lol

i already said you got your valid points on the bugs. thats a no brainers, and your list of personal  ones is well your list . another no brainer. my only thing is , as said, he will make them if he wants and when he wants and the personal preferences are his choice , not required tho.  now how that all i said is contridicting  then  :-??. lol . i follow my own advice, always , wouldnt be me if i didnt.  :D

egostical is if you take it that way, may not meant to be put in such a way to be mistaken. i dont deem your post as flamebait, you sayin that one not me bro. I deem it as is, you listing bugs you found that you think he should make wether personal or viable. i am jusrt stating ya cant force him to or expect him too deliever what you listed. as said yet again, if he CHOOSES to do those corrections then fine but if not, get on the horse and ride , high ho silver awayyyyyyy! lol. just dont take it as he personally doesnt want to hear you , he will do what he pleases and thats if he wants to. I like Infinite Terry as is.  for me no changes need to be made.  my personal choice and thoughts.

so in contrast tho, your arguments are not on the bugs as we see, its on the people who have told you to well relax and let it be.  you choosing not to let it go. thats all. If you want to have the final say, then hey go right ahead. lol. In the end , its the creator that has the last and final say on the matter not us. :thumbsup:

Offline R.I.C.O - Twon

• I llu M ina T i
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:August 25, 2013, 10:18:26 PM
  • WHOOP R.I.C.O!!!
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 01:30:32 AM »
He just posted feedback. Its not that serious.

This is a good example of why it is thought that people at IMT can't take feedback. And its not even the creator, Mr. Infinite, not taking the feedback well, its the fans. Chill. Let people post their feedback and move on.
OMGZ My e-feelings!!! (cheekslap)

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 12:06:43 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 10:21:03 AM »
Although not the creator he has done wonders with these chars and bugs are just bugs.  :thumbsup:

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 27, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
  • Energy Doesn't Die
    • Infinite Fighting Forum
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »
Guy's chill-out. Luigi just posted some feedback, there is nothing wrong with him doing so. I appreciate you guys that like what I do and thank you for having my back. I have fixed most of the bugs and issues that Luigi Masters has found, I think that he did a great job testing and finding some bugs that I was not aware of. I will update him and Maxima probably tomorrow or later this week. Once again I thank all you guys that like what I do but please don't discourage anyone who is willing to take the time to post actual feedback. Luigi was even respectable in his feedback I don't know how all this turned into being dis-respectable to one another. Anyways, thanks guys for the interest, be cool, and try to keep it fun. :)

Now Die, Mortal.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 05:53:34 PM »
 ::salute:: mr infinite.

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2011, 12:51:44 AM »
Told y'all so.   :P

I'm glad to have been of help, Infinite, and even more glad for taking my feedback into consideration.  Take your time with him, because as they say, perfection can't be rushed.  Well, perfect is purely subjective, as MUGEN has no real "perfect" character, but my point still stands.   :)

One more mistake I found that I didn't notice at first (since I didn't look through the coding).  Terry will super jump when his crouching light punch lands, but you forgot to edit the super jump command in the CMD, as to how to activate it.  It has Stateno = 400 && movecontact, which explains that it's an example.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:17:21 AM by Luigi-Master »

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 27, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
  • Energy Doesn't Die
    • Infinite Fighting Forum
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2011, 12:53:05 PM »
Updated Infinite Terry - 03/23/2011

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2011, 12:09:43 AM »
I'm proud of ya, you fixed most of the issues I pointed out!  However, some have remained (either because of personal preference or overlooking), and some of them I just noticed now.  I'll list them out.  Italics represent issues that carried over.

*Strongest Power Dunk does the least amount of damage, likewise, medium version deals just slightly more than the weak version.
*Medium and Strong Rising Tackles, like the above, have little difference in damage output.
*Strong Burn Knuckle has too much startup time.  Considering weak and medium have 15 and 20 ticks respectively, strong should have 25, not close to 40.
*Strong Crack Shot has the smallest velocities of the three.  The speed is fine, it should have him launched a little higher and further.
*Weak and Medium Power kicks do the same damage, despite being different states.
*Super Dunk has an awkward pose just a little after startup.  Personally, it disrupts the flow.
*Wolf Break still has the ground hit sounds playing randomly.
*Rising Beat doesn't need all those special ground waves, but then again, the move would look empty without them.
*You can't perform the level 3s with weak punch and kick, due to them being used for the evade functions.
*Howling Wolf looks a little slow, like before.  And there's a pause just a little after he spawns the pillar.
*Several effects are still aligned incorrectly, namely the hitsparks and guard sparks.  I suggest reinstalling the hitsparks, using the mount SFF feature in Fighter Factory.
*The air dash sound plays a little too late IMO.
*The jumping animations don't look right when superjumping forward or back.  I suggest doing the actual roll in the peak and falling animation, not split between the two.

I feel terrible for finding these out, despite you just re-releasing him.  Hopefully, you'll get around to fixing these issues.  A hint:  don't mass produce patches, as they'll be more likely to have faults.  Apologies yet again.   ::salute::
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:34:55 AM by Luigi-Master »

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2011, 05:10:56 AM »
A little mass producing never hurt anyone! lol They're constantly updated, so it's cool with me!  ::salute::

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2011, 05:40:30 AM »
 ^^(PM)^
 indeedy and mannn i love that sig bro!!  :o  6 button for life!! :w00t: :w00t: ::salute::

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2011, 05:42:52 AM »
:o  6 button for life!! :w00t: :w00t: ::salute::

One button for life! lol :-j

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2011, 01:39:11 PM »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2011, 06:55:20 PM »
lol Yeah that's pretty funny!  ;*)) But seriously, 6 buttons will always be the superior layout. That's why Infinites patches are the S#!t!!!!  ::salute::

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »
man that joystick move shadaloo is hilarious. lol def a throwback  :D.  all fighting moves one button!  :DxDie :DxDie

most seriousness Skeletor ex bro, i love 6 button gameplay. its more smoother for me. i love having a light , medium and hard attack in kicks and punches.  SF2 got me used to it over all these years and its for me the standard format for those kinda fghters except VF- thats a whole different beast right there and its scheme works perfectly for it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

6 buttons always approved! ::salute:: and infinite your works are the bomb!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar