collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188692 times)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:49:11 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
Re: *Official Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #7701 on: December 05, 2011, 07:49:17 PM »
Just had some cool matches (some insane ones too) with Swiziga...
As much as it would shame JDubbs...look slike Im gonna use Dante a lot more often now, I seem to have some problems with Vergil...but Dante and X-23 works real good for me...right Swiziga? lol
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7702 on: December 05, 2011, 08:14:53 PM »
Just had some cool matches (some insane ones too) with Swiziga...
As much as it would shame JDubbs...look slike Im gonna use Dante a lot more often now, I seem to have some problems with Vergil...but Dante and X-23 works real good for me...right Swiziga? lol
yea they do :'(  but the scaling gets you with dante. i lol'd that match when you did that crazy long combo with dante and im like wait how am i still alive!? that x23 dirtnap trap(that rhymes) was crazy and im sure you'll start using it now  @^@

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7703 on: December 05, 2011, 08:25:16 PM »
yea they do :'(  but the scaling gets you with dante. i lol'd that match when you did that crazy long combo with dante and im like wait how am i still alive!? that x23 dirtnap trap(that rhymes) was crazy and im sure you'll start using it now  @^@

Yeah teh damage scale got me pretty bad...but i know why too, and i think its because I got you with a throw and OTGed after into that long combo, when ya do a throw, damage scaling for all attacks (except hyper combos) get cut in half...thats why...yup...i did my research, i did some tests and they all point into the throw scaling the rest of your attacks (mine in this case)

X-23 DIRT NAP TRAP FTW!!!
(click to show/hide)

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7704 on: December 05, 2011, 08:56:39 PM »
The Tron nerf was unnecessary, good for me though. Now playing Tron is like, "what's the point?!"

Agreed, but no good for me. I miss her...  :(

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/gimlet-dhc-input-bug.149514/#post-6148852
You know what hit the link, too much copy and past.
To sum it up it tells an easy way to DHC with "GIMLET" without getting the DP hyper which seems to happen when trying a DHC

I kinda figured something was happening. I saw it happening a lot. Every time somebody hit me with Gimlet, the next hyper would miss me most of the time. I just thought it was hard to DHC from it, and a lot of Hawkeye players don't even try to DHC after it...  :-??

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #7705 on: December 05, 2011, 09:42:38 PM »
x23 doesnt need 3 meters and dante or im to have unblockables

Credit me

i think this mixup will work with strange ive never tested it but maybe boulder bandit too. (underrated as a move and an assist) in theory it should work with any 2 hitting assist as long as you tighten up the blockstring.

My thought on dante though is that post nerfs hes still a top 10 or 15 character and that while they do fulfill different roles and have pretty different playstyles hes better than vergil.

tron didnt need nerfing at all but i do see where the problem comes of having a jh thatll kill you if you land it and if its blocked you have a 1f command throw mixup. the issue is that wesker has thatt same mixup. i guess the issue is the throw system more than anything.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7706 on: December 06, 2011, 12:05:34 AM »
x23 doesnt need 3 meters and dante or im to have unblockables

Well I knew that, it was just a trap set up for an incoming character to take place of the previous character that had fallen. I main X-23 you know...
(click to show/hide)

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #7707 on: December 06, 2011, 12:20:02 AM »

tron didnt need nerfing at all but i do see where the problem comes of having a jh thatll kill you if you land it and if its blocked you have a 1f command throw mixup. the issue is that wesker has thatt same mixup. i guess the issue is the throw system more than anything.

The Wesker and Tron Bonne throw mixup is true, it also works great with Amaterasu from her air dash jumping H, but only because throws require only one frame to connect, that is why they are so fast and unforgiving...  :-??

Also, the mixups you covered in the video are very important and not many people do them...  :-$

I have always picked my teams with that in mind. Wesker is the mixup king as a main player and as an assist, since he can teleport behind an opponent quickly and his gun assist comes out really fast and hits low...  ^-^

In the past I used to teleport after calling on Amy's Cold Star, Tron's Gustaff, Chun Li's Kicks, Hulk's Gamma Wave, Sentinel's Sentinel Force or Deadpool's Katana-Rama for cool mixups, now with Ultimate, I have some that are even better... >:D

...and yes, Dante is still a top tier character...  :O*D

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #7708 on: December 06, 2011, 01:08:08 AM »

Post Merge: December 06, 2011, 07:20:06 AM
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:27:19 AM by Dead Phoenix »
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7709 on: December 06, 2011, 08:30:34 AM »

(click to show/hide)

Nemesis is the one I mentioned that can kill Phoenix in the middle of her transformation, but there is an easier way to do it, way easier and with a different move...  >:D

Offline Ganbare-Lucifer

• Infinity Mystical Ninja
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 03, 2024, 08:45:11 PM
  • Shinubis, Goemon's Descendant
    • Tediz_Ozito
    • Skype - Ado-Redwolf3
    • Lucifer's MUGEN Site!
« Reply #7710 on: December 06, 2011, 11:15:05 AM »
I Finally, Finally, FINALLY OF THE FINALLIES GOT MvC3!

Just add me and we fight!  :thumbsup:
(click to show/hide)
"Set it up!"

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #7711 on: December 06, 2011, 11:25:26 AM »

Nemesis is the one I mentioned that can kill Phoenix in the middle of her transformation, but there is an easier way to do it, way easier and with a different move...  >:D

Must be talkin out that unbelievable super armor >.>

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7712 on: December 06, 2011, 11:33:12 AM »
I Finally, Finally, FINALLY OF THE FINALLIES GOT MvC3!

Just add me and we fight!  :thumbsup:

Questions:

Is it Ultimate MvC3 or the original Vanilla??  :-??

XBox or PS3??  :-??

My Gamertags are:

XBox: ManoloStyle

PS3: MANOLOSTYLE

Add me...  :thumbsup:

Must be talkin out that unbelievable super armor >.>

Well, I decided to record it and share it on YouTube...  :P

Below is my Anti Dark Phoenix Nemesis Combo...  >:D

The Anti Dark Phoenix set-up video that Dead Phonix posted is cool, but tough to do for those that are learning. I also think that it is more likely that you catch Phoenix with Nemesis' jumping S than by a crouching hit.

It is still very tricky and sometimes it leaves a split second chance for Phoenix to block after transformation, but it works most of the time. I had a friend continually trying to block throughout and he couldn't do it. Let me know what you think...

It also becomes a lot easier to get her if you make the Jumping S unblockable by calling a low hitting assist like Wesker's gun at the same time. If you do that, and the low hit connects, you will need to take one hit away from Nemesis' combo, the standing L, since you would kill Phoenix too early for the hyper to work, unless you cancel into the hyper with X-Factor...

EDIT:

I discovered it by mistake when I did that hyper against her and killed her with it. It continued through the transformation and finished her off. The guy was pissed and in shock and so was I. He started calling BS over the mic and left the lobby right after, so I never told him that I did it by accident...  :D

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:43:13 AM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Ganbare-Lucifer

• Infinity Mystical Ninja
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 03, 2024, 08:45:11 PM
  • Shinubis, Goemon's Descendant
    • Tediz_Ozito
    • Skype - Ado-Redwolf3
    • Lucifer's MUGEN Site!
« Reply #7713 on: December 06, 2011, 11:52:01 AM »
The Original one and PS3 Version...  :-??

PSN: Tediz_Ozito
(click to show/hide)
"Set it up!"

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7714 on: December 06, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »
EDIT:

I discovered it by mistake when I did that hyper against her and killed her with it. It continued through the transformation and finished her off. The guy was pissed and in shock and so was I. He started calling BS over the mic and left the lobby right after, so I never told him that I did it by accident...  :D

Sorry but thats no anti-phoenix setup, for one, Nemesis does have hyper armor to any attack (except grabs) so he can march right through that full screen projectile, but Phoenix is able to block it anyway. Your opponent must have hit a button after he transformed, which is a big mistake against Nemesis when he does his Biohazard Rush super.
(click to show/hide)

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7715 on: December 06, 2011, 01:05:39 PM »
Sorry but thats no anti-phoenix setup, for one, Nemesis does have hyper armor to any attack (except grabs) so he can march right through that full screen projectile, but Phoenix is able to block it anyway. Your opponent must have hit a button after he transformed, which is a big mistake against Nemesis when he does his Biohazard Rush super.

Nope. Try it. Phoenix cannot block or move after transformation during Nemesis' Hyper. You can hear that her "Dark Phoenix Rises" voice is interrupted during the video as well, because it connects and kills her... :P

If you don't want to do the whole combo, you can even drain her life, leaving her with next to nothing and just do the hyper to kill her and see what I mean...  ^-^

EDIT:

Also, have somebody try to block while you are doing it like I did...  :cool

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7716 on: December 06, 2011, 01:16:56 PM »

Nope. Try it. Phoenix cannot block or move after transformation during Nemesis' Hyper. You can hear that her "Dark Phoenix Rises" voice is interrupted during the video as well, because it connects and kills her... :P

If you don't want to do the whole combo, you can even drain her life, leaving her with next to nothing and just do the hyper to kill her and see what I mean...  ^-^

EDIT:

Also, have somebody try to block while you are doing it like I did...  :cool

EDIT: You had teh setting on Auto Guard, Im sure you know what that does.

Nope sorry Ive tried that already before you even posted that video dude, it doesnt work, heres a real Anti-Dark Phoenix Set up someone posted. Besides, if she even says ANY part of the "Dark Phoenix Rises" phrase, she is able to block/teleport away.

This may be Vanilla but I am quite certain it still works in umvc3...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:29:43 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7717 on: December 06, 2011, 03:04:53 PM »
In UMvC3 the Ultimate Web Throw still works with Spider-Man to kill Dark Phoenix but typically not immediatly following a Maximum Spider because Phoenix will be too low on the ground for it to connect, you need a combo that will leave her in the air a little higher in order to execute the instant death properly.

BTW, I just bought the UMvC3 Brady Guide. I'm in the process of turning it into an electric copy for my iPad use (since Brady wasn't smart enough to offer digital copies to sell themselves). I love pdf files!

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7718 on: December 06, 2011, 03:17:34 PM »
In UMvC3 the Ultimate Web Throw still works with Spider-Man to kill Dark Phoenix but typically not immediatly following a Maximum Spider because Phoenix will be too low on the ground for it to connect, you need a combo that will leave her in the air a little higher in order to execute the instant death properly.

BTW, I just bought the UMvC3 Brady Guide. I'm in the process of turning it into an electric copy for my iPad use (since Brady wasn't smart enough to offer digital copies to sell themselves). I love pdf files!

Actually Acey, it still works, I just tried it earlier and it worked, I'll try to record it and put it on youtube.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7719 on: December 06, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »
Actually Acey, it still works, I just tried it earlier and it worked, I'll try to record it and put it on youtube.

Oh good! It must have been the on-line lag that got me then.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7720 on: December 06, 2011, 03:51:27 PM »
Oh good! It must have been the on-line lag that got me then.

Try an Air Combo then finish with an OTG assist + Crawler Assault, then the moment she gets KOed, X-Factor into Ultimate Web, I tried that too and it worked.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #7721 on: December 06, 2011, 04:09:23 PM »
Nooooo What have I done? Hmm I guess the only way to actaully get her now is in the air then.
I can't land Weskers lvl 3 like in vanilla due to her blocking early. Does anyone know if Skrulls command grab still work during her transformation?
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7722 on: December 06, 2011, 05:58:16 PM »
Nope sorry Ive tried that already before you even posted that video dude, it doesnt work, heres a real Anti-Dark Phoenix Set up someone posted. Besides, if she even says ANY part of the "Dark Phoenix Rises" phrase, she is able to block/teleport away.

Sorry DCL, but IT WORKS...  ^-^

I just tried it over 20 times offline with one of my buddies while he was just holding back on the controller and he could not block. He also tried other stuff afterwards and nothing worked.  :-??

I have also done this previously during gameplay, the one time by accident and a different time and they both caught the player... :-w

When I tried it before, after I found out about it, I tested it with buddies online and offline many times and it worked...  :P

Still, no offense, but you always think that you know everything and lots of times you are wrong, so I rather get a second opinion, preferably a professional opinion. Now, if somebody wants to try it and state their point of view or post a video in response, I'll be happy to look at it... :)

Here it is again...  :O*D

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #7723 on: December 06, 2011, 06:19:24 PM »

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:24:14 PM by ⚀⚅SanjiSasuke(imagine it all orange with a blue glow!) »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare