collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 190199 times)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 15, 2024, 09:40:21 PM
  • The trend setter
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Fight Request
« Reply #7650 on: December 02, 2011, 07:11:57 PM »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 15, 2024, 11:29:42 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Fight Request
« Reply #7651 on: December 02, 2011, 07:22:29 PM »
Xbox Live: KenFan9276

Been also thinking about not using Phoenix Wright. I know that it's weird, but I never win any matches with him. Also, I get the evidence... and I die 5 seconds later. Hey Capcom? That "rebalancing"? Yeah, well you might want to make Phoenix Wright a little less complicated to play as. And for the pete's sake, NERF SENTINEL AND WESKER!

Little less complicated? I get evidence like nothing!! you just need to know how to say "OBJECTION!" correctly...
Use Maya as well, and have an assist that covers Wright from getting harmed from above (Maya blocks in front).
Sentinel is already been nerfed...except the godforsaken 3 hit super armor...
Wesker is still stupid godlike even with 1,000,000 HP...The Gun Loop is gone though...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread
« Reply #7652 on: December 02, 2011, 07:38:17 PM »
And I blamed myself and Lando for long coments...
---
1. If someone triggers it by accident he wouldn't be glad and proud of what he hears after match :) Bugs for money? /:O That's something new, they receiving massive pride and rating hit because of that=losing buyers, how's that helping to get money?
2. Now that reminds me of some anime cliche - "now we will fight fair and square and still win you unfair cheating bastards!" Why to even have stuff which fair players won't use?
6. the thing is that they could've instead of rushing asked about it with polls... Obviously they'd avoided many hate if they showed results of poll and said that players got what they wanted.

Sorry for the late response to this. I did not notice that you edited the comment...  :)

1. I see your point, but even now we continue to see videos of people that are dedicated to finding bugs and glitches. They love it. Seth himself said that he wanted to see what new stuff people would find in this game, and that the XBL version of MvC2 was left intact with infinites, glitches and everything because people liked them, so they knew there would be bugs and glitches on this one. There are several videos of the Strider/Morrigan glitch already because people keep doing it for fun. Not everyone that plays these games play them for the competitive play. Some just play it for the insane combos they can do in training mode and show them off in YouTube and for all the wacky stuff they can find or do. As a business, Capcom knows that...

2. It can be done. The PSN IMT lobbies that included Shadaloo, Swiziga, DCL, Dead Phoenix, Sanji and I were always fair. Anyone of us could have stayed in one corner and spam Hadokens or projectiles and run away the entire match but we didn't, and every time a cheap spammer would come in we would either vow to get rid of him or just start another lobby and leave. My friends and I do the same on XBL. Last night two showed up in our XBL lobby, a Cheap Spammer and a Cheap Spamming Phoenix user, neither could hang with the talent in the lobby and we kept making fun of them, so they got upset and left... lol

6. I COMPLETELY AGREE...  ::salute::

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7653 on: December 02, 2011, 07:46:09 PM »

I better start training then...lol

OHHHHH yeah. Kai is very very good . I need to hit the training room agaion on hardest AI stting . me and him have had a ton of matches, even a few in MVC3 .

back on topic.......dont like PW very much huh Kenfan?  :D . i played a lil earlier with my homies over his house since he has the game, i used Vergil, Dante and Trish.  PW is just ...all over the place . my buddy used him and got squashed but he took out my vergil and dante in a short time, but couldnt hang with Trish.  Glad he has it not me tho. lol . after a few rounds we all went back to playing SSF4AE.

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #7655 on: December 03, 2011, 05:43:59 PM »
lol http://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t110-umvc-the-way-i-see-it lol

lol...I thought Ryu was going to say that "It's been 10 and a half years since I've been that size..."...  :D

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7657 on: December 03, 2011, 06:29:43 PM »

I just read this awesome joke in a forrum... lol

Q: How does a Capcom employee count to three?

A: Street Fighter 1, Street Fighter 2: World Warrior, Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition, Street Fighter 2: Turbo Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Hyper Street Fighter 2: The Anniversary Edition, Street Fighter 3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Street_Fighter_video_games

PS.  …and everyone is still surprised by Ultimate…  :D

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7658 on: December 03, 2011, 06:55:05 PM »
lol thats some funny sh*t between viewtiful joe and ryu
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:39:08 PM by DeMoNk@I »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #7659 on: December 03, 2011, 07:20:08 PM »
lol thats some funny sh*t betweem viewtiful joe and ryu

Oh part 3's coming later on tonight! lol I'm just making this stuff up off the top of my head so, stay tuned...! lol

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7660 on: December 03, 2011, 07:39:53 PM »
Oh part 3's coming later on tonight! lol I'm just making this stuff up off the top of my head so, stay tuned...! lol

Oh keep going then! youre on a roll  :thumbsup: lol

HAIL CROM!!

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7661 on: December 03, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »
PS.  …and everyone is still surprised by Ultimate…  :D
That's Street Fighter so that's to be expected.

This is the Vs Series.

GET IT RIGHT, FOOL!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7662 on: December 03, 2011, 10:23:43 PM »
yeah i expect that kind of thing from SF series. been like that forever. but the Vs. series.....no. shoulda got it right the first time and just a patch for errors. IMO.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7663 on: December 03, 2011, 10:53:15 PM »
That's Street Fighter so that's to be expected.

This is the Vs Series.

GET IT RIGHT, FOOL!

Street Fighter or VS...?? It's still CAPCOM !!!  :-w

You can't ask a Mango Tree to give you Apples, can you??   :P

Post Merge: December 03, 2011, 11:02:13 PM

EDIT:

Capcom can have multiple development teams, like Street Fighter, VS Series, Resident Evil, Mega Man, etc...but most of the time companies have only ONE executive team that control the money and desicions, and one marketing team that decides, PR, market and demographics. Guess what the development team does...they develop... SURPRISE !!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 11:02:13 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7664 on: December 03, 2011, 11:56:42 PM »
yeah i expect that kind of thing from SF series. been like that forever. but the Vs. series.....no. shoulda got it right the first time and just a patch for errors. IMO.

AGREED

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7665 on: December 04, 2011, 12:08:08 AM »
AGREED

We all agree guys. I completely agree. I don't like to waste my money on something that we should have gotten for free when I could have Skyrim or KOF 13 with the money I spent, but I also think that we should not be surprised, given the history... :-??

Upset? YES, most definitely. Surprised? Definitely not...IT'S CRAPCOM !!! lol

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7666 on: December 04, 2011, 12:26:16 AM »
ok this is the 13th time i heard someone bring up Skyrim. is this game really THAT good? sorry to go off topic , but uhh is this a worthy purchase to lose many more hours of sleep in? please say yes!

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7667 on: December 04, 2011, 12:37:22 AM »
ok this is the 13th time i heard someone bring up Skyrim. is this game really THAT good? sorry to go off topic , but uhh is this a worthy purchase to lose many more hours of sleep in? please say yes!

I really have no idea, since I never played any of the previous Oblivion games, but you gotta admit that it looks AWESOME and the trailers are SIIICK !!!  =P~

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7668 on: December 04, 2011, 02:42:22 AM »
I'm sure it's an excellent game but in my honest opinion, I never saw the appeal of Skyrim

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7669 on: December 04, 2011, 03:35:07 AM »

Yes it is worth and it will make you lose sleep once you get into it. yes its THAT good. ive tested that theory of course. Its better than Rage in my opinion. I have that game too but it didnt suck me in like Skyrim did. Skyrim is like Willow, Lord of the Rings, Legend and dragon slayer with the monsters and enemies @-).

i wont go deep into explaining in this mvc3 thread but you wont be dissapointed...ive played KOF 13 and this game a lot lately and i have a lot of new games sitting on the side..

nuff said...

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
Re: *Official Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #7670 on: December 04, 2011, 10:34:47 AM »
I'm probably one to say that designing, programming, and etc. takes a lot of work. I think a new game was smart, because they changed a few core elements of the game and it was the only way to make the game stable. If they would've released DLC... eh. There would be a lot more errors, especially downloading errors and once you downloaded the game there could be even more errors if you paused the download or it downloaded once, got corrupted, then you had to download again. In all honesty, it was easier for them to make a new game because of the game's changes... Although, I really don't think they had to change any core elements. UMvC3 is just a flashier version of MvC3... nothing more. They could've just released new characters, new stages, a new mode.. and it would've been fine. I don't like the price either, they should've switched it to $15-$20. That's how much it should've been.

Also, I'm taking a break from this game a bit (online anyways) to practice. I got my butt whooped a lot recently, and I'm just trying to find my main characters. You have to understand that I only borrowed MvC3 twice... I didn't own the game... I'll be back on it soon and ready to take fight requests. So far my teams are Team Longcoat (if you don't know wtf that is, then google it lolz), and Team R.E (no, not Wesker... I did DL Jill XD). :)

Edit: Also if you actually owned MvC3... You should've gotten at least 75% towards the game when you traded it in... If that's what they did give, then awesome... I didn't read too many catalogs about games around that time, but yeah... they should've done that to better support the fans.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:46:26 AM by ATiC3 »

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7671 on: December 04, 2011, 03:05:58 PM »

^^(PM)^

By the way, I love team longcoat. I use it once in a while. I love all three characters and I'm pretty good with all of them. Dante has become a lot easier to use with the new controls, but I think the team mostly works for Vergil as an anchor and Wesker as your last resort, in my opinion, since you can extend Vergil's combos dramatically with the other's assist, but you leave Wesker hanging without a reliable assist to extend his. Dante needs no assist, aside from protecting him and playing keep away. It is still pretty cool though...   :thumbsup:

...and to answer your question, us previous MvC3 owners, including the ones that got the Special Edition, like me, got nothing and no trade-in value for our loyalty... *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 15, 2024, 11:29:42 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #7672 on: December 04, 2011, 04:35:14 PM »
Dante's too easy to use now if ya ask me...I cant say the same for Vergil since he doesnt seem to have that many moves but hes still a threat with a powerful Level 3 + Devil Trigger Hyper
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7673 on: December 04, 2011, 06:10:15 PM »

Yeah, Dante is pretty easy to use now, but Vergill is faster and his Bread and Butters dish 500k in damage, so I think they are pretty even...  :-??

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #7674 on: December 05, 2011, 03:18:26 PM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/dec/05/umvc3-niitsuma-answers-questions-talks-about-patch/
Niitsuma responded to some Twitter questions today by confirming a small patch is coming and other interesting details involving the lifespan of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 among other things.

Mr. Niitsuma, people have been discovering infinites and bugs since UMvC3's release. When will these be fixed? - zyayokuhotenjin

Niitsuma: There is a patch coming before the year is over.

Are there any titles in Vanilla MvC3 that are not obtainable in Ultimate?. - VINO200x

Niitsuma: In the upcoming patch, missing titles will be added, such as "Gambler."

I was recently watching NEC 12, and isn't Wesker way too strong? 7 of the Top 8 players used Wesker... by the way, what about a patch? - Queza01

Niitsuma: A difficult problem. We've already started working on innumerable things, and getting it out by the end of the year is hard enough.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar