collapse

Author Topic: PSP Go is a no-no...  (Read 1242 times)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
PSP Go is a no-no...
« on: September 26, 2009, 12:58:28 PM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/news/psp-go-umd-conversion-plans/1405

This is only one of the articles I came across recently that made me wonder wtf Sony is thinking. Honestly the psp go system itself is not a bad idea... but the no UMD support and the starting price really is. You have to pay $250 for the system plus another $250 probably to buy back your UMD stock because UMD conversion is out of the question. I mean.. seriously... how far do they think they'll get with this? I would say only half of the new people purchasing a PSP soon would buy this one....

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: PSP Go is a no-no...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 01:08:45 PM »
Welcome to the land of Sony debacles.

The original PSP is a flop compared to the Nintendo hand helds. The thing was way too fragile.

Then the PS3 was initially a failure.

Now this new debacle.

Sony is lucky that they make other products. Because unlike Sega who is just in the video game industry, Sony has something else to fall back on.

This is the decline of Sony being on top of the gaming industry
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 01:28:02 PM »
I always knew this new PSP wasnt going to work. Looks like Microsoft needs to try their hand at a handheld gaming device.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 01:41:55 PM »
i may get one only because Ive been through three PSPs and already got store credit for ALL my UMDs. I heard about the GO i was just about to get a fourth but only for the browser really. Im really anxious to see the GO work as a controller for the PS3 since they didnt allow it for the original PSP. If that works out with more than a few games I may get a PS3....maybe, not a big Sony fan since PS1
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 01:50:04 PM »
No M$ does not need to get into handhelds. They are already trying to ruin the gaming industry(rumors atm). The rumors are that M$ is gonna buy out EA. Guess what that means? a good 80% of titles coming to the PS3 will be instantly dropped. So that will turn my PS3 from an occasional Dust collector to a collectible container for dust that will never be used.

So if the rumors are true I will literally destroy my 360 and send the video of doing it straight to M$.

M$ are becoming a plague. There "Competition" strategy has always been if they see competition they buy it out. 95% of M$ products including windows was a product of a hostile take over.  Need specifics wikipedia is your friend.

A couple of examples tho are Internet Explorer, MS-DOS, Windows GUI, Windows live, Outlook, god the list goes on and on. Even the basic Kernal for windows was stolen. So was there flagship game Halo. It was originally conceived by apple.

@OP the PSP go is crap. To put it bluntly. unless the modding scene gets a hold of it I will not buy it. I don't own alot of UMD's but I will be furious if I cannot get those UMD's converted over. So I will buy it when I see the modding scene dig deep into like the first.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 04:35:01 PM »
i may get one only because Ive been through three PSPs and already got store credit for ALL my UMDs. I heard about the GO i was just about to get a fourth but only for the browser really. Im really anxious to see the GO work as a controller for the PS3 since they didnt allow it for the original PSP. If that works out with more than a few games I may get a PS3....maybe, not a big Sony fan since PS1
The older PSP's will have the same firmware updates as the PSP Go. The internet browser will be no different.. Trust me.. I've been waiting forever for flash player updates and hopefully they'll bring in java for the browser.. but the only one it seems like that'll happen in the next few years is that I mod my PSP because Sony doesn't listen to wtf the people are saying.

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 12:28:09 AM »
The original PSP is a flop compared to the Nintendo hand helds. The thing was way too fragile.

What are people doing dropping their video game systems anyways? I've had my PSP 1000 for like 3 years now.

About the PSP-Go: I really like how it looks, but I don't need it cause my PSP works just fine, so I probably won't get it.
About Microsoft making a handheld: NO! NO! and NO!

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 12:31:28 AM »
 ^^(PM)^ I agree with that, actually. Microsoft should stick to the non-portable systems business... The only thing I would change about the 360 is to lower the price for the XBOX Live Gold Subscriptions... they come out with discounts once in a while, but when they don't it's fricken ridiculous... I think a whole year is $50 + more $$ towards DLC.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 01:55:34 AM »
so it's kinda like when everyone traded in their ps2 to get a ps3, only to realize that they needed to go out and buy another ps2 again.

personally, I like the regular psp better than the go anyway. who's with me on this?

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 04:06:51 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 03:04:12 AM »
so it's kinda like when everyone traded in their ps2 to get a ps3, only to realize that they needed to go out and buy another ps2 again.

personally, I like the regular psp better than the go anyway. who's with me on this?

I agree. I own the first model psp and love it because its durable. I hate the slims because there so light and easly broken. The go seemed like it was going to be something but it was just hype.

Besides this is sad. With nintendo having the nex consell and hand held ready and just continuing development on em this is the best sony can do? Just maybe for microsoft and give them a fight but that a statment that i have to laugh at.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 03:17:32 AM »
I 1/2 agree with you there. The 2000 is by far the best because of the improvements they added from the 1000 version... I would have to say the 3000 version is by far the most unnecessary... They didn't really improve anything...

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 10:33:21 AM »

Im wit u.   I got the original PSP in '06 and havent had a problem yet.  Ive dropped like 30 times and it still works fine so I dont where the fragile comments came from.   :-??
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline The Great World Emperor

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 29, 2011, 11:21:00 PM
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 10:54:30 AM »
For the most part my psp 1000 works fine. However my umd drive is a bit loose and i have to mash my triangle button for it to work but its probably because I've played it a lot and I've also dropped it a few times.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 11:15:23 AM »
i thought the go was going to be an updated psp with two analogs, but i was wrong. i see no point in this and the no umd support especially if u already hacked ur psp

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 11:54:14 AM »
^^(PM)^ I agree with that, actually. Microsoft should stick to the non-portable systems business... The only thing I would change about the 360 is to lower the price for the XBOX Live Gold Subscriptions... they come out with discounts once in a while, but when they don't it's fricken ridiculous... I think a whole year is $50 + more $$ towards DLC.

How is Xbox live expensive? Every year keep the money you would on a game and buy the sub. its that simple.

EDIT: If you think xbox live is expensive. Try paying $30 a month on 2 accounts for an MMO to play non stop. only difference is the expansion packs are usually free.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 12:58:42 PM »
How is Xbox live expensive? Every year keep the money you would on a game and buy the sub. its that simple.

EDIT: If you think xbox live is expensive. Try paying $30 a month on 2 accounts for an MMO to play non stop. only difference is the expansion packs are usually free.
it's expensive if you're unemployed.... o.O#

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 03:27:30 PM »
it's expensive if you're unemployed.... o.O#

Everything is expensive if you're unemployed. As for the PSP Go, I wasn't too fond with the design already (frankly I think its ugly) but this just seals the deal. No UMD support and virtually no changes to the internet browser? pfft...

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 09:39:01 PM »
Like I said before everyone, I have researched it quite a bit for a few days now... the psp firmware will have the same updates on ALL of the systems. It is not likely to change with the psp go. Although, I did hear that with the new system, a major firmware upgrade will be available when released.. but don't count on it...

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »
For my bday a couple weeks ago I just decided to get a psp 3000. I knew they weren't going to do the UMD conversion thing cuz it makes it too easy to pirate things.

Another good thing about having a psp that can play umds is that you can import umd games, since its free region and all. As for the 16 gig flash drive... that doesn't really matter... you can just get a 16 gig memory stick.. ...who needs that much memory anyways? I'm running on a 2 gig and I still have 500mb to spare.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 08:38:54 PM »
I'm running on a 2GB memory stick myself, and I still have about 1GB left... lol... Wow.. I need to mod this psp so badly.... :-SS

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 09:45:48 PM »
i myself have a psp the slim model. done dropped it like a thousand times and still not broken. works just as well from when i bought it awhile ago. ( 2 years) The PSP GO might be something useful only if it offers better quality and more lil gizmo trinkets added to it, if it is just a psp without the umd and nothing extra added then i wouldnt trade my psp slim in for that at all. mine is awesome and its not even modded! As for microsoft gettin into the handheld gaming world, nahhhhhh they doing just fine with the 360 and about to drop the GOD of all gaming add ons called the NATAL!  once that hits it all over! as long as they put out good quality games on it across the board and not just make stupid stuff just to rush it on the shelves. i cant stand the damn WII. straight kiddie toy and my daughter doesnt even play hers. she plays the xbox 360 as well as my son. PS3 would just become a paperweight after a while if they dont get alot more straight console ps3 only games. exclusive titles .  i can only name 3 that would make me wanna keep it anyway and thats GOD of WAR 3, naruto ulitmate ninja storm and infamous. other than that, i wouldnt even bother.
Natal is offering something new and innovative.  thats what ps3 and psp is going to need to do in order to be back on top.  right now, xbox is running things alongside with the Wii. Sony please start listening to your fans and customers.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 10:26:13 PM »
@lando: Don't count on it. Looks like they're pulling the same kind of thing when they released the 3000 model.. Just a re-design. Nothing inside it's likely to change majorly that's good for us even with the re-design.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »
yeah Atice, i just wishin they would do more tho than just a redesign but yeah its good for us. lol. then i aint gotta go spend another two fity on a plain ole re design only psp. i use my slim for so much stuff its crazy. its my lil mini laptop. lol. i surf the web, play flash games, alot of videos hell i even download wmv converted videos from youtube and playback on my xbox 360. its insane! LMAO! i might get that skype service on psp (mayyyyyybe) i got all kinds of apps made by other peeps and its not even hacked! no cfw at all! last thing i might wanna do with it is get the GPS on it. trust me my psp goes everywhere with me. and i do mean everywhere. lol. i still really dont see a need for a new re design anyway if they not gonna add some new tech in it. waste of time but alas, good for me. PSP slim i cant live without you! lmao

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 12:51:55 PM »
what I really don't get on the PSP is the multiplayer. They should definitely fix it to make it global.. most games like Dissidia... you can only play if someone's in the same building playing with you... it's bull crap...

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 02:34:02 PM »
ATICE i totally agree with you! my son and myself would love to play against each other, he lives up in the mountains in johnstown 5 and a half hours away from me and we cant even play against each other in our games we both have. that sucks. thats one of the features i wish it would have really had and at least implement it on the new psp. that to me is true multiplayer, how it is now i call that ... people playin psp in the same building! Lol.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD