collapse

Author Topic: Symbiote Onslaught  (Read 19654 times)

Offline rumble+

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 19, 2014, 11:34:43 PM
    • Email
Re: Symbiote Onslaught
« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2008, 12:31:09 AM »
Mugen is meant to just have fun, and doing the impossible by letting an author create what ever he/she sees fit.  Some of you guys are taking this to seriously, so what if it doesn't match with the comics.  Have you seen how some hollywood studios are killing off comic franchises, with poor scripts and interpretations.  Now that's a crime.  Symbiote Onslaught is just a good time.

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 16, 2023, 09:17:46 PM
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2008, 03:47:04 AM »
    • Ooh! Almost forgot. Any ideas on how/if he speaks? The original Onslaught was always talking about himself during moves, and the Venom symbiote makes people speak of themselves in the plural if it bonds well enough, so I can see a problem there. But since this is essentially a creature that enhances violent emotions bonded to a creature made of pure anger, it would also theoretically be viable for it to not even form real words. Just lots of shrieking in rage.

...will speak of himself in plural.  :-??  :-@ :-j 8) :-SS [-X :O*D

very simple.  :-??

Lol  :D What he means by speaking in 'plural' we all know, you just may not have caught it. Venom says..... "We are Venom!!" Refering to himself as two people, thus speaking in plural form.

That's an interesting concept wth the angry shrieking and all, but I feel that may be a little too complex..... This char is very unique and a very good idea. A few technicalities shouldn't be that big of a deal. Especially with a char created from one's imagination. All I have to say in contast to all this is, good job Excursion.  ;D  :thumbsup:[/list]

Userbar - Akeme
    R.I.P Reu
    R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage

"Let me show you..."

Offline Note156

• Initiate
    • Last Login:March 26, 2009, 05:49:46 PM
    « Reply #177 on: January 05, 2008, 06:17:11 AM »
    "yall are really stupid for using marvel characters/creations without even knowing sh*t about them.

symbiotes do not go with fire. read a comic."

I understand that this guy came at ya'll the wrong way. But by basically saying deal with it or don't download the game because we are going to do what we want to do is equally foolish. Personally i could care less because i love the work you guys do and i think its pretty impressive and imaginative.But i do remember a particular sonic character that had a fireball.Which i thought might have been "cool" but it was very out of place.And if its out of place, there is a good possibility that it might not have be needed. Its not a shot at your work, its constructive criticism. i mean it would be cool for batman to fly and have a fight with superman but it thats out of place.

"You gave your opinion, I gave you my response. You thought that wasn't very nice the way I replied?  Huh?! I am sorry you took my response the wrong way. Like I said, I was trying to cut the head off that pending argument because I have seen it over and over across these WIP threads. The fire may not make any sense, but apparently, neither does a Symbiote Onslaught because this is not part of any Marvel storyline anywhere in the Marvel Universe."

Symbiote Onslught might not be apart of any marvel storyline, but if the physics of the character doesn't allow fire to be tangible then maybe he has a point. And that was the point he was trying to make. Its like making a kryptonite fueled superman, the concept is kind of interesting but it really destroys the original logic of the character, making his make up irrelevant, Much different from the dark set of characters, or orochi, or god set. Which is believable if you mix the storyline because those set have no parameters. I mean just because you have the power (and the pull in the case that you maybe a creator or moderator) to do something, doesn't mean its correct and/or logical, Nobody is perfect and thats the point of feedback from the forums.If you wanna do it thats fine to.And i understand that a lot of people are asking about it which maybe annoying. But if you answered the question before the same way you answered it now i don't think you can be legitimately angry if someone else comments on that issue. I mean what he's saying does make sense doesn't it? Anyway it looks crazy and i have been looking forward to the char regardless.

I could have sat here and read into every word that Onslaught said and probably came to the same conclusion you did Note156, that he was just saying that the Symbiote & fire equals bad continuity, but let me re-quote and enlarge what Mr. Onslaught said for my sake in the argument:

Quote from: Onslaught
    yall are really stupid for using marvel characters/creations without even knowing sh*t about them.

symbiotes do not go with fire. read a comic

Now, I dont care what he posted in the next line, but reading that 1st sentence pee'd me off a little. It's a shot at everyone's integrity regardless what kind of "constructive feedback" that followed.  :-w

Regardless, this is what I was trying to avoid, a 2 page thread tacked on to my WIP thread about he said/ it said.

First thing.....i want to apologize for quote that big butt thing. but i don't know how to make a direct reply otherwise. Anyway i feel you on that. and i said that in the beginning. If thats your problem thats fine. But the other guy wasn't getting at you disrespectful at all. So i don't see why it makes sense to be truculent towards that other dude. I understand your point but the tone was angled at the wrong guy. But its old news so. eh, thats my view.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
    • I don't play games, I fight for real!
    « Reply #178 on: January 05, 2008, 06:57:30 PM »
     :-?? you guys are still b17ch1ng about this same Marvel vs Mugen 5h17?

:-@ BLAH BLAH BLAH, give it a rest, shut up and play mugen.
    <~Rage
    Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Berkay

• Initiate
    • Last Login:October 26, 2020, 05:37:07 AM
    • Student of Symbiotology
      • Homepage
    « Reply #179 on: January 06, 2008, 02:23:24 PM »
    Nahhhh, its just a game...  \-/o

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
    • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
    • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
    « Reply #180 on: January 06, 2008, 03:28:26 PM »

Offline Gabbard

• Initiate
    • Last Login:November 01, 2018, 06:46:12 AM
    « Reply #181 on: January 07, 2008, 10:56:46 AM »
    Nahhhh, its just a game...  \-/o

REALLLY???????  :o

And you say it to me only now!!!!!!!  :-w

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
    • Infinity Administrator
    • Last Login:Today at 12:10:06 AM
      • Excursion's Corner
      • Email
    « Reply #182 on: January 09, 2008, 09:17:42 PM »
    I'm really, really liking how it's coming along. Since apparently discussion about this character has been going on for quite a while, feel free to tune me out if I'm accidentally echoing something already beaten to death.
    • As far as palettes are concerned, you could easily make a "Carnage Onslaught" with a red swap. Might be a bit of a challenge to differ the Symbiote from Onslaught himself, though.
    • Maybe some of those toothy symbiote snakes/tentacles writhing around his hand instead of fire? Just a thought, considering how often that particular trait seems to get argued about.
    • Ooh! Almost forgot. Any ideas on how/if he speaks? The original Onslaught was always talking about himself during moves, and the Venom symbiote makes people speak of themselves in the plural if it bonds well enough, so I can see a problem there. But since this is essentially a creature that enhances violent emotions bonded to a creature made of pure anger, it would also theoretically be viable for it to not even form real words. Just lots of shrieking in rage.

He has 3 different palettes. I know you can't see them unless you random select him in EoH, but this is what they look like.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
    • Contributor
    • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
      • Little Infinity
    « Reply #183 on: January 09, 2008, 09:46:11 PM »
    The 3rd one is my fav  ^-^.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
    (click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Captain Cold

• Infinity Regular
    • Last Login:April 15, 2015, 04:08:38 PM
    • Never Kill a Speedster
      • Email
    « Reply #184 on: January 09, 2008, 10:07:43 PM »
    The 3rd one is my fav  ^-^.

yeah i like them all in certain aspects  :)

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
    « Reply #185 on: January 10, 2008, 04:25:59 PM »

=D> =D> =D>

Wish I could actually see this char in action.
    <~Rage
    Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
    • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
      • Infinity Wiki - Acey
      • Email
    « Reply #186 on: January 10, 2008, 07:20:34 PM »
    We're getting closer to the next release where you can set the mugen preferences to match your computers needs.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
    • Contributor
    • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
      • Little Infinity
    « Reply #187 on: January 10, 2008, 07:38:17 PM »
    Best of luck!

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
    (click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
    • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
    • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
    « Reply #188 on: January 10, 2008, 11:15:42 PM »
    onslaight that was unseccary
    i already said bout symbiot onslaugh long time ago but its jus a fan game

n jus to tell u u should make him a diff base color cuz all symbiotes werent black

jus sayin

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
    • Infinity Administrator
      • Excursion's Corner
      • Email
    « Reply #189 on: January 11, 2008, 04:54:10 AM »
    onslaight that was unseccary
    i already said bout symbiot onslaugh long time ago but its jus a fan game

n jus to tell u u should make him a diff base color cuz all symbiotes werent black

jus sayin

Well, the base color isn't technically black. It's more so a combo of black and purple. I like to explain that base color like this; with the current size of Onslaught on the size of the Symbiote, it is actually stretched across Onslaught so much it has some tendencies of transparency. Make sense now?

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
    « Reply #190 on: January 11, 2008, 05:57:43 AM »
    Well, the base color isn't technically black. It's more so a combo of black and purple. I like to explain that base color like this; with the current size of Onslaught on the size of the Symbiote, it is actually stretched across Onslaught so much it has some tendencies of transparency. Make sense now?

Im surprised you dont have more of the symbiote effect, like the shield, on the char its self. :-?? would that even be possible? something like symbiote tenticles in random spots that pop up. Would take alotta sprites probably?
    <~Rage
    Pr. Luchador~>

Offline missfairy

• Initiate
    • Last Login:May 18, 2009, 11:24:03 PM
    « Reply #191 on: January 13, 2008, 01:06:18 AM »
    Was Symbiote Onslaught supposed to get released outside of the game any time soon?

I hope this isn't a rude question.. But I was told he was supposed to be in december or "soon" After and I wanted to verify the information.

Thanks^^

Offline alex87

• Infinity Regular
    • Last Login:June 24, 2021, 05:11:57 PM
      • Skype - alexoso87
      • Email
    « Reply #192 on: January 13, 2008, 03:15:25 AM »
    Amazing Boss ^L^

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
    • Infinity Administrator
      • Excursion's Corner
      • Email
    « Reply #193 on: January 13, 2008, 04:03:19 AM »
    He was not to be released BEFORE the release of the EoH game. He will be released separately in due time.

Offline Note156

• Initiate
    • Last Login:March 26, 2009, 05:49:46 PM
    « Reply #194 on: January 15, 2008, 02:00:08 AM »

Kind of adds to the redundancy doesn't it?

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
    • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
    • Hail TO the King
    « Reply #195 on: January 16, 2008, 01:27:45 PM »
    onslaught looks very cool. keep up Excursion :thumbsup:

>:-(-| lol, onslaught(member) get  a life dude! :-??

lol

i think im the only person who hasent downloaded eoh.

yall may not believe me on this lol.....but i never posted that, someone else was on my screen name.    but its ok i think its funny when people talk crap to me. 

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
    « Reply #196 on: January 16, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »

Kind of adds to the redundancy doesn't it?

No comment b/c it'll just keep it going or start something new 8=|
    <~Rage
    Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
    • Infinity Administrator
    • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
    • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
      • JeluxDaCasual
      • Email
    « Reply #197 on: January 17, 2008, 02:16:21 AM »
    He was not to be released BEFORE the release of the EoH game. He will be released separately in due time.

>:( BRING IT ON!! I got some beef to settle with this foo!

>:-(-| P.S. Real quick, sorry bout starting the whole thing with me and reezy over at the Guild.
    (ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
        Fyro^                 ^Me
    \(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
    (╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
    • Infinity Regular
    • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
    • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
      • Email
    « Reply #198 on: January 22, 2008, 09:13:06 AM »
    Excursion I have an Idea for you...You should put a Percentage thing your sig so we actuallu have an Idea on when it will be released.
    "Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
    • Infinity Administrator
      • Excursion's Corner
      • Email
    « Reply #199 on: January 22, 2008, 10:35:11 PM »
    Excursion I have an Idea for you...You should put a Percentage thing your sig so we actuallu have an Idea on when it will be released.

I did that for Cutman and Iceman. Symbiote Onslaught's percentage is %100 sprites, %100 coding. The tweaking/bug fixing is what is on my agenda with him. I am holding back on releasing him until I feel a stable version of our game has been released. I am not being selfish, I am not playing around like a little internet kiddie. Consider it a "business" decision for Infinity. No doubt about it, he WILL be released separately, he WILL be released sooner than later (not in June or something.)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
    Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal