collapse

Author Topic: Symbiote Onslaught  (Read 19651 times)

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 03, 2019, 06:10:28 PM
  • Don't Hate If You Cant Create
Re: Symbiote Onslaught
« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2007, 08:05:15 PM »
it looks good so far but i think in the second gif he should be floating aroud it looks odd make him be on the floor wene he does that
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:10:06 AM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2007, 08:33:59 PM »
it looks good so far but i think in the second gif he should be floating aroud it looks odd make him be on the floor wene he does that

/:O

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2007, 08:42:33 PM »
2 steps ahead of you ;) I told you those gifs were old :P

Oh, *lol* gotcha. Just said it just incase :P

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2007, 09:19:12 PM »
does it really make sense to have his hand on fire, when symbiotes are weak to fire?

It does to me. Know why? I am completing him. Stever gave me permission and complete creative control to add/remove anything I see fit, so if I want his hand on "psychic" fire, then by golly, his hand will be lit. >:(

good sir, I meant no disrespect. why are you taking that sort of tone with me for asking you a question?

also, if it's psychic energy, and not fire, then that's cool too.

Because just mentioning something like that starts a 2 page reply thread here with half the people saying that the fire doesn't make sense, and the other half saying it does. I was cutting the head off that dragon before it grew any larger.

Did some more work on Symbiote Onslaught. I will show progress soon..

well that's fine and fancy, but it wasn't very nice to say it the way you did. I assumed that the purpose of these threads was to give feedback and voice opinion, and that's what I did.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: December 24, 2007, 11:27:36 PM »
does it really make sense to have his hand on fire, when symbiotes are weak to fire?

It does to me. Know why? I am completing him. Stever gave me permission and complete creative control to add/remove anything I see fit, so if I want his hand on "psychic" fire, then by golly, his hand will be lit. >:(

good sir, I meant no disrespect. why are you taking that sort of tone with me for asking you a question?

also, if it's psychic energy, and not fire, then that's cool too.

Because just mentioning something like that starts a 2 page reply thread here with half the people saying that the fire doesn't make sense, and the other half saying it does. I was cutting the head off that dragon before it grew any larger.

Did some more work on Symbiote Onslaught. I will show progress soon..

well that's fine and fancy, but it wasn't very nice to say it the way you did. I assumed that the purpose of these threads was to give feedback and voice opinion, and that's what I did.

You gave your opinion, I gave you my response. You thought that wasn't very nice the way I replied?  /:O I am sorry you took my response the wrong way. Like I said, I was trying to cut the head off that pending argument because I have seen it over and over across these WIP threads. The fire may not make any sense, but apparently, neither does a Symbiote Onslaught because this is not part of any Marvel storyline anywhere in the Marvel Universe.

Hopefully Marvel's artisis/writes take notice and create a storyline out of this edited character. That would be like the ultimate compliment.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2007, 01:24:39 AM »
yall are really stupid for using marvel characters/creations without even knowing crap about them.

symbiotes do not go with fire. read a comic
 You can call us stupid all you want... we can just close our ears to it. All of marvel universe is fictionalin the first place, all of it is made up. So we're making something up here that is a little fun and a little over the top. Think before you call someone stupid, especially when you have a tired Admin roaming the forum while working to release the same game that you are bashing.

Offline XerXes

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:January 28, 2016, 12:55:22 AM
  • Infinity News Team
« Reply #156 on: December 25, 2007, 02:45:19 AM »
yall are really stupid for using marvel characters/creations without even knowing sh*t about them.

Um i hope you meant to say this in another way  :-w, cause by the looks of the wording it sounds like your calling excursion stupid. I tryed to read this several times to see if you typed this whole post out of context.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 02:47:36 AM by xerxes »
"PRESENTS MUGEN FIGHT NIGHTS"

<-Place holder for future collaboration.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: December 25, 2007, 04:11:53 AM »
yall are really stupid for using marvel characters/creations without even knowing sh*t about them.

You can call us stupid all you want... we can just close our ears to it. All of marvel universe is fictionalin the first place, all of it is made up. So we're making something up here that is a little fun and a little over the top. Think before you call someone stupid, especially when you have a tired Admin roaming the forum while working to release the same game that you are bashing.

Merry Christmas to you too. Anyone else have a problem with Symbiote Onslaught, Symbiote Onslaught wielding a psychic flame on his symbiote covered left hand or anything else about him whatsoever? Do not post your grumbles about it here. Just do me a favor and do not download the game when it is finished because this is the boss and I would hate for you to be disappointed and upset because you can't get over something as trivial as this fire/symbiote crap.  :-w

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #158 on: December 25, 2007, 04:21:00 AM »
It is Onslaught.....the guy could do most things. I would think he could make the Symbiote immune to fire if he combined with him. It is just a game guys....a fan game. Also I find it possible for Onslaught to make the Symbiote immune to fire. Comic book writers do this kind of thing all the time, take liberties with they have in hand and do whatever. Also Symbiote Onslaught just seems cool lol. It doesn't need to make sense, it is a fan game, be happy you're gonna play with this neat creation soon.

Offline megaman781

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 07, 2018, 11:58:50 PM
  • Capcom baby!!!
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: December 25, 2007, 04:33:10 AM »
onslaught looks very cool. keep up Excursion :thumbsup:

>:-(-| lol, onslaught(member) get  a life dude! :-??
Damn!!

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #160 on: December 25, 2007, 10:47:07 AM »
If a symboate were to bond with Johnny Storm while he still had his flame off like if he were asleep, the symboate could use that time of him sleeping to gain imunity to fire. And we would have asymboate human torch. Probably call himself something like Pyre or something IDK.
But its possable, and can happen within the dynamics already in place in marvel comics.

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #161 on: December 25, 2007, 08:19:31 PM »
excellent char man  :)
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #162 on: December 25, 2007, 08:23:15 PM »
Anybody else got a problem here, cause im in a throwdown mood right now.

Excursion stayed up the past 2 days working on him and trust me, he put ALOT of work on him.

So be curtious and if you feel like venting out, go kick a cat or something.

!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Laxxe23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 06, 2021, 03:10:10 PM
« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2007, 08:26:26 PM »
Anybody else got a problem here, cause im in a throwdown mood right now.

Excursion stayed up the past 2 days working on him and trust me, he put ALOT of work on him.

So be curtious and if you feel like venting out, go kick an old person or something.

fixed cats havent done anything to you, so dont do anything to them, on the other hand old people drive slow, so you have every right to kick em XD

Offline Inky(Zangief Guy)

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 30, 2015, 01:42:59 PM
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2007, 08:38:14 PM »
Symbiotes and fire.....pfft, it's Onslaught, what the hell can't he do? Besides, Excursion wants to add some imagination, Mr. Onslaught(member). And back on topic, very nicely done, Ex.
The red cyclone is here comrades!!

Offline Note156

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 26, 2009, 05:49:46 PM
« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2007, 10:31:32 PM »
"yall are really stupid for using marvel characters/creations without even knowing sh*t about them.

symbiotes do not go with fire. read a comic."

I understand that this guy came at ya'll the wrong way. But by basically saying deal with it or don't download the game because we are going to do what we want to do is equally foolish. Personally i could care less because i love the work you guys do and i think its pretty impressive and imaginative.But i do remember a particular sonic character that had a fireball.Which i thought might have been "cool" but it was very out of place.And if its out of place, there is a good possibility that it might not have be needed. Its not a shot at your work, its constructive criticism. i mean it would be cool for batman to fly and have a fight with superman but it thats out of place.

"You gave your opinion, I gave you my response. You thought that wasn't very nice the way I replied?  Huh?! I am sorry you took my response the wrong way. Like I said, I was trying to cut the head off that pending argument because I have seen it over and over across these WIP threads. The fire may not make any sense, but apparently, neither does a Symbiote Onslaught because this is not part of any Marvel storyline anywhere in the Marvel Universe."

Symbiote Onslught might not be apart of any marvel storyline, but if the physics of the character doesn't allow fire to be tangible then maybe he has a point. And that was the point he was trying to make. Its like making a kryptonite fueled superman, the concept is kind of interesting but it really destroys the original logic of the character, making his make up irrelevant, Much different from the dark set of characters, or orochi, or god set. Which is believable if you mix the storyline because those set have no parameters. I mean just because you have the power (and the pull in the case that you maybe a creator or moderator) to do something, doesn't mean its correct and/or logical, Nobody is perfect and thats the point of feedback from the forums.If you wanna do it thats fine to.And i understand that a lot of people are asking about it which maybe annoying. But if you answered the question before the same way you answered it now i don't think you can be legitimately angry if someone else comments on that issue. I mean what he's saying does make sense doesn't it? Anyway it looks crazy and i have been looking forward to the char regardless.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2007, 11:04:21 PM »
when I first noted the comment, I didn't think of something like "psychic fire" which could totally make sense. I was simply pointing something out that I thought would improve the character aesthetically. At the end of the day, the creator of a character can do whatever they want with it, and if it's a good character, people will download it, obviously. I'm not trying to start the eight page discussion about symbiotes using fire or anything here. I would have dropped it after the initial response if it wasn't for the dude practically biting my head off over it, but I can see where excursion is coming from.

I say we jsut drop it, and I'm sorry I left the feedback to begin with.

Offline Note156

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 26, 2009, 05:49:46 PM
« Reply #167 on: December 25, 2007, 11:20:21 PM »
when I first noted the comment, I didn't think of something like "psychic fire" which could totally make sense. I was simply pointing something out that I thought would improve the character aesthetically. At the end of the day, the creator of a character can do whatever they want with it, and if it's a good character, people will download it, obviously. I'm not trying to start the eight page discussion about symbiotes using fire or anything here. I would have dropped it after the initial response if it wasn't for the dude practically biting my head off over it, but I can see where excursion is coming from.

I say we jsut drop it, and I'm sorry I left the feedback to begin with.

Well i got you. If thats any consolation. 

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: December 26, 2007, 02:50:51 AM »
"yall are really stupid for using marvel characters/creations without even knowing sh*t about them.

symbiotes do not go with fire. read a comic."

I understand that this guy came at ya'll the wrong way. But by basically saying deal with it or don't download the game because we are going to do what we want to do is equally foolish. Personally i could care less because i love the work you guys do and i think its pretty impressive and imaginative.But i do remember a particular sonic character that had a fireball.Which i thought might have been "cool" but it was very out of place.And if its out of place, there is a good possibility that it might not have be needed. Its not a shot at your work, its constructive criticism. i mean it would be cool for batman to fly and have a fight with superman but it thats out of place.

"You gave your opinion, I gave you my response. You thought that wasn't very nice the way I replied?  Huh?! I am sorry you took my response the wrong way. Like I said, I was trying to cut the head off that pending argument because I have seen it over and over across these WIP threads. The fire may not make any sense, but apparently, neither does a Symbiote Onslaught because this is not part of any Marvel storyline anywhere in the Marvel Universe."

Symbiote Onslught might not be apart of any marvel storyline, but if the physics of the character doesn't allow fire to be tangible then maybe he has a point. And that was the point he was trying to make. Its like making a kryptonite fueled superman, the concept is kind of interesting but it really destroys the original logic of the character, making his make up irrelevant, Much different from the dark set of characters, or orochi, or god set. Which is believable if you mix the storyline because those set have no parameters. I mean just because you have the power (and the pull in the case that you maybe a creator or moderator) to do something, doesn't mean its correct and/or logical, Nobody is perfect and thats the point of feedback from the forums.If you wanna do it thats fine to.And i understand that a lot of people are asking about it which maybe annoying. But if you answered the question before the same way you answered it now i don't think you can be legitimately angry if someone else comments on that issue. I mean what he's saying does make sense doesn't it? Anyway it looks crazy and i have been looking forward to the char regardless.

I could have sat here and read into every word that Onslaught said and probably came to the same conclusion you did Note156, that he was just saying that the Symbiote & fire equals bad continuity, but let me re-quote and enlarge what Mr. Onslaught said for my sake in the argument:

Quote from: Onslaught

Now, I dont care what he posted in the next line, but reading that 1st sentence pee'd me off a little. It's a shot at everyone's integrity regardless what kind of "constructive feedback" that followed.  :-w

Regardless, this is what I was trying to avoid, a 2 page thread tacked on to my WIP thread about he said/ it said.

Offline Inky(Zangief Guy)

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 30, 2015, 01:42:59 PM
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2007, 12:19:47 PM »
Now I'm gonna drop some feedback. Looks very interesting, I'm wondering how the Symbiote possesed and coruppted Onslaught, well, I guess we might find out in due time.
The red cyclone is here comrades!!

Offline god_king

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 26, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
    • Dave Littler's New Deal
« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2007, 12:24:43 PM »
Now I'm gonna drop some feedback. Looks very interesting, I'm wondering how the Symbiote possesed and coruppted Onslaught, well, I guess we might find out in due time.

I was thinking about this last night. The only scenario which makes sense to me is that Xavier is himself taken by the symbiote, and thus, when he becomes Onslaught, he's considerably more crazy and horrible than he was as the Onslaught in the comics.

Offline Gabbard

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 01, 2018, 06:46:12 AM
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2007, 04:15:18 PM »
Mugen means infinity and freedom also...so if we have the opportunity to free our mind to make a cool char for our enjoyment and for our friends...it is cool and it is inside the mugen spirit of sharing ideas, emotions and comic books.
.....is not written that we have to follow strictly the comic books or whatever...we're able to do what we want...Superman with kryptonite skin, Symbiote Onslaught, Ice Spiderman, Invisible Reed Richards, Namor Torch...and so on... 
Only Enjoy and have fun.
 :)

Namor Torch.....hmmmmmmm.....

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 07, 2016, 10:51:40 AM
  • Scag Baron.
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2007, 05:38:24 PM »
Mugen means infinity and freedom also...so if we have the opportunity to free our mind to make a cool char for our enjoyment and for our friends...it is cool and it is inside the mugen spirit of sharing ideas, emotions and comic books.
.....is not written that we have to follow strictly the comic books or whatever...we're able to do what we want...Superman with kryptonite skin, Symbiote Onslaught, Ice Spiderman, Invisible Reed Richards, Namor Torch...and so on... 
Only Enjoy and have fun.
 :)

Namor Torch.....hmmmmmmm.....

you got that pic from Ze Ball Breaker's Micro Heroes site. lol. i love that site.

Offline JustSomeGuy

• Last Login:November 22, 2010, 05:07:34 AM
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2007, 07:45:01 PM »
I'm really, really liking how it's coming along. Since apparently discussion about this character has been going on for quite a while, feel free to tune me out if I'm accidentally echoing something already beaten to death.
  • As far as palettes are concerned, you could easily make a "Carnage Onslaught" with a red swap. Might be a bit of a challenge to differ the Symbiote from Onslaught himself, though.
  • Maybe some of those toothy symbiote snakes/tentacles writhing around his hand instead of fire? Just a thought, considering how often that particular trait seems to get argued about.
  • Ooh! Almost forgot. Any ideas on how/if he speaks? The original Onslaught was always talking about himself during moves, and the Venom symbiote makes people speak of themselves in the plural if it bonds well enough, so I can see a problem there. But since this is essentially a creature that enhances violent emotions bonded to a creature made of pure anger, it would also theoretically be viable for it to not even form real words. Just lots of shrieking in rage.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 01:20:48 AM by JustSomeGuy »

Offline Gabbard

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 01, 2018, 06:46:12 AM
« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2008, 07:43:34 AM »
    • Ooh! Almost forgot. Any ideas on how/if he speaks? The original Onslaught was always talking about himself during moves, and the Venom symbiote makes people speak of themselves in the plural if it bonds well enough, so I can see a problem there. But since this is essentially a creature that enhances violent emotions bonded to a creature made of pure anger, it would also theoretically be viable for it to not even form real words. Just lots of shrieking in rage.

...will speak of himself in plural.  :-??  :-@ :-j 8) :-SS [-X :O*D

very simple.  :-??

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
    Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal