collapse

Author Topic: Is The XBox 360 still breaking down & giving people problems with that RROD?  (Read 1418 times)

Offline sKeTcH

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 12, 2016, 03:47:59 AM
the XBOX 360 still does have the RROD but its due to overheating issues. about a year ago my 360 had the RROD and one of the guys froom Microsoft (after we called them to see wats wrng with the thing) said the reason is probably due to overheating and not having an intercooler on it. So u should get an intercooler definitley if ur gonna get the 360. And it's not just the 360 havin problems. From what i understand, the new Apple Iphone 3GS is having overheating issues as well. It's so bad that it can turn the phone brown :-& if u do happen to get the rrod send it in to the people at the Microsoft XBOX place and they will send u another one in matter of days or weeks. :thumbsup:

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
360 isnt that unreliable. I mean the OLDER models are the problem. because they rushed them trying to be in front of sony in sales. The newer dated models of X-360 can be more trust worthy than what people lead on.
But I do agree that PS3 is more reliable but it adds to the bill..... crap! lol!
Sure the console is more expensive, but microsoft really gets the same amount of money because of xbox live.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
Sure the console is more expensive, but microsoft really gets the same amount of money because of xbox live.
not to mention the intercooler which is 100 dollars new and around 40 or 50 bucks used.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
sams club sells a cooling fan that comes in a bundle with some other accessories for like fifty bucks.

edit:

it's this one.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
sams club sells a cooling fan that comes in a bundle with some other accessories for like fifty bucks.

edit:

it's this one.
or you can get it off of ebay for 30 bucks like I did.

Edit: Also make sure you get that specific model for the xbox 360.

That is the Intercooler TS. There's another intercooler out there made by the same company, that runs off the 360's power that will actually hurt the 360.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:05:25 PM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
The PS3 heats up & gets the " yellow light " of doom . Look it up on youtube , it's just not as common .

The 360 has the RROD , but I have had mine for years & it's still running strong . I bought a back up a few months  ago just in case .

What you all are looking for is the new designed board . I bought the Resident Evil system , just so I was sure to get it .

What you want is the " Jasper board "  There is a way to get a Jasper in every model of the system . But you have to look at the serial number before you buy it & what voltage it runs on . The Jasper board runs on the lowest voltage .

here's the sure fire ways to get a Japser ....

One look at that opening in the box  where they scan the serial number . You may have to shift the system inside a bit  or rip a little of the box . Look here ....

Also you can just look at where the power supply plugs in .

Zephyr ( which is total problems ) has the pin in the middle

Falcon has no pin in the middle & a solid bar on top .

Jasper ( what you are looking for ) Has no pin in the middle & a notched bar on top  

This should help you in picking out a better model with the Jasper

Click on each of these to help them grow , Thanx ! !

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
http://www.crazedconcepts.com/categories/Game-Systems/Xbox360/

these ppl can fix your rrod and mod it if you want,

the actual owner is a member here also

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
Yea I have 1st generation LMAO. So its probably due for another one. But I hope not because of my modding I can't get it replaced without shelling money out.....

EDIT : Cheers for the link. When I get a RROD im def gonna go to them to fix it. Plus ill get those new fans and have them install that XCM Xbox 360 HDMI Chameleon Case.

hehe now im alittle gitty. I will probably do the case mod hopefully before a RROD happens *knock on wood*
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 02:32:51 PM by xPreatorianx »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
I actually have a guy right down the street from me that fixes the RROD for $50 . He's done about 100 over the past year . 100% success rate none have come back . I know this because he is good friends with one of my buddies . The guy is notthe BSing type .

(click to show/hide)

Offline HyperGogeta

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 30, 2011, 08:10:17 AM
  • I can has text ;3
Well, as soon as I got mine... RROD.  \-/o
Then again, they did fix it for me. Now it runs like a hog. Infact it won't break at all!
It fell down from my entertrainment center and it sounded like it busted apart. But for some reason, everything's intact and it still works!

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
I've had 3 RROD so far.

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
and if u have questions i can go get crazed to come here and talk with you, he wont scam he has done it for a Big forum called rapgodfathers

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
Well I got my Nyko Intercooler TS in the mail last night. It works like a charm.  :thumbsup:

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
My roommate was watching this last week after he bought an elite off ebay
I couldnt stop  :-j after I saw him get the towels.
[youtube=425,350]oHvyrPWjglk[/youtube]
* his 360 is still working though. :-??
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
The towel trick is a temporary fix & in the long run trashes the system . My buddy did the towel trick 7 now he has to do that everytime . The system will work once after the towel trick & once he turns it off , RROD .

Click on each of these to help them grow , Thanx ! !

(click to show/hide)

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Deviant-Generation
Yup the towel trick not only overheats the GPU (redoes the sodder and stuff which causes the GPU to not function resulting in the original RROD) but also overheats the CPU. So after doing it enough it completely fubars both the GPU and CPU. So it starts not to function at all.

DO NOT DO THE TOWEL TRICK. You will basically brick the 360 eventually. So unless you wanna use it to play for an extra week. Then don't do it because instead of shelling out to fix the RROD either by microsoft or by an online person. You will have to re buy a whole xbox 360. So basically its a stupid half butt trick to put it bluntly.

Offline Barbary

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 29, 2009, 06:23:55 PM
    • Email
Ive got 4 360s (for LAN purposes) and only on one of them have I had a RRoD. 2 of them i got in 2007, 1 in 2008, and 1 in 2009. The '09 one is the one that RRoD'd.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
I've had my 360 for years & it's fine .

Getting back to the towel trick . My buddies system has been heated up so many times that is dvd drive won't even open right . The tray is actually warped/melted from getting so hot  :DxDie :DxDie

(click to show/hide)

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Deviant-Generation
Ive got 4 360s (for LAN purposes) and only on one of them have I had a RRoD. 2 of them i got in 2007, 1 in 2008, and 1 in 2009. The '09 one is the one that RRoD'd.

Funny how later models screw up sooner and my launch model has not had any problems. plus I had to replace the power cord due to a flood in my previous house when I first moved in with my dad. The basement( where I had my room) was flooded with 2 foot of water. So thank god when I went with my mom the previous night I unhooked my PC and put it up on my desk or I would not be online now.

But to get to the point my launch Model has only had one RROD which was 3  months after I got it. Since then I have not had any trouble *Knocks on wood* but even if it does I can't ship it to MS because I modded the DVD drives firmware, and voided the warrenty by removing the MS sticker.

So if mine does get it I will have to send it to an online shop to get it fixed.

I've had my 360 for years & it's fine .

Getting back to the towel trick . My buddies system has been heated up so many times that is dvd drive won't even open right . The tray is actually warped/melted from getting so hot  :DxDie :DxDie

Which proved my point that it actually damages the system even further then repairing the system. its a cheap trick that should only be used to play that extra 4-6 hours of a game you really wanna beat before sending it in.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
My roommate just gotta replacement box from ebay  but its the 2nd generation. Thanx for the pic above cuz thats how I knew. Are the falcons a problem or just less problematic?
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar