collapse

Author Topic: Mugen Madness - Followup  (Read 8856 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: Mugen Madness, Second Chance Tourney - IMT Exclusive
« Reply #225 on: April 08, 2009, 10:42:07 AM »
o.O# At least I didnt have to watch it lol  ;*))

I dont get back in?  :P

Yeah , you were Spawn anyway lol
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline volzzilla

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #226 on: April 08, 2009, 02:36:19 PM »
Yea, Spawn got smoked by Lobo. He did take a round from him in a double KO, but after that, all Lobo. He was a surprise, he beatdown Quasar, then almost took down Savage Hulk.

Anyway, 5 more fights, hope to upload 2 tonight given time constraints, so we'll see.
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: April 08, 2009, 02:44:34 PM »
Yung, Thor was not an option this time, but perhaps in the future look for a heavyweight division in which he will be.
Well wen that happens put me down under Thor
(click to show/hide)

Offline volzzilla

• The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #228 on: April 08, 2009, 03:01:41 PM »
Well, can't give you that advantage, but I'll keep whoever informed if/when we get to that point. Way things happened before was first come, first serve when picking a representative.

You'd think all the stronger characters would be chosen first, but that did not happen here. Rorschach, Batman, Quasar, Martian Manhunter, and Cable were all among the last chosen this time, but they did pretty good.
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline GodzFire

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 08, 2023, 07:31:44 PM
  • Giggity
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: April 08, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »
I CHOOSE YOU, SPIDERMEW!

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: April 08, 2009, 04:56:15 PM »
I CHOOSE YOU, SPIDERMEW!
/:O  I dont think Im choosable, i have no mugen version of myself yet..

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #231 on: April 08, 2009, 08:11:34 PM »
OK here's the situation . It's tough taking care of real matters at this forum to begin with . There are people here that actually break the forum rules . We all have to handle that as quickly & efficiently as we can .

With that being said . Trying to handle things that come down to opinions & differences , along with the real issues make things a lot tougher .

Various IMT staff members have been getting PM's from members that involve this thread . volzilla doesn't want people voicing their opinions in the thread about the victors or characters . Other Members feel that they can't voice their opinions in the thread without being warned about it . I made the mistake of giving someone a verbal warning for it awhile ago , which was stupid on my part . After all , they were not breaking any forum rules , so why the verbal warning ? I guess we all make mistakes . I apologize to that member .

So some IMT staff members have discussed this & here's what we came up with .

This is fair & impartial & should please everyone involved .

If you are going to post " Nice vid " or " good battle " or something to that sort , that's fine .

But .....

If you want to talk about who lost/won or moves a character did to win , Put it in a spoiler . Highlight the words you typed & hit the " Sp " button by the emoticons .

This way everyone can discuss what they want & still have the freedom to do so . But those who do not want to know who won before they watch the vid , do not have to look at the spoilers .

Please no more PM's about this issue , because we feel this is the best way to resolve it .

Thank you for your cooperation on this from all parties involved
  :thumbsup:       

(click to show/hide)

Offline volzzilla

• The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2009, 10:03:59 AM »
All I ever asked for was for no short comments that one cannot miss that give away the results, which severely limit someones initiative to watch the video. I thought I had made that clear.

Due to some issues, was not able to post last night, but will have 2 videos tonight.

Separate matter. Playing around with a new game concept, preliminary name which might change is Pick 6.

Basically I announce 6 fights that will happen. Then all anyone has to do to enter is either post in the thread or pm me who they think will win during a down period. At the end of this period, fights happen and results gathered. Keep a running tally and repeat this process 3-5 times. Winner is the person with the correct picks.

This will not happen for quite awhile, was just wanting some feedback since on the topic of interactive contests involving Mugen fights.

So if anyone would like to share anything on that, would love to hear it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:25:22 AM by volzzilla »

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2009, 10:19:45 AM »
I suggest that members are given a chance for feedback after a day or two posting the vids. Look, alot of people know about the tourney and are up to date with who's winning and/or who's losing and are enjoying to the point they want to chat about it.  Putting your comments, remarks, and feedback as a spoiler is definitely a good idea, but after a few days I think trying to keep people quiet is excessive. Or, make a separate thread where people can post their discussions about the vid, and indicate in the title that there are spoilers about the vids. Hoping that this will resolve these recent issues.

Offline fredgerd

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 02, 2011, 11:27:34 AM
« Reply #234 on: April 09, 2009, 05:59:20 PM »
All I ever asked for was for no short comments that one cannot miss that give away the results, which severely limit someones initiative to watch the video. I thought I had made that clear.

Due to some issues, was not able to post last night, but will have 2 videos tonight.

Separate matter. Playing around with a new game concept, preliminary name which might change is Pick 6.

Basically I announce 6 fights that will happen. Then all anyone has to do to enter is either post in the thread or pm me who they think will win during a down period. At the end of this period, fights happen and results gathered. Keep a running tally and repeat this process 3-5 times. Winner is the person with the correct picks.

This will not happen for quite awhile, was just wanting some feedback since on the topic of interactive contests involving Mugen fights.

So if anyone would like to share anything on that, would love to hear it.

seems like a good plan.

Post Merge: April 09, 2009, 08:45:21 PM
You should all give Volzilla some feedback  ;). He's obviously put a lot of work into this plan so I'm sure he's eager to hear your opinions.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:45:21 PM by fredgerd »

Offline volzzilla

• The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2009, 02:07:41 AM »
Thanks Fredgerd :)

So here is the rest of round 1 from the Second Chance Tourney. Again, for those that may have missed the discussion, I decided to do this exclusively for the IMT crowd due to the support of the main tournament. Characters qualified by:
 - being represented by an IMT member
 - losing a close match
 - did not make the Quarterfinals of the main tournament

8 total chosen, 4 first round matches, 2 semifinals, and then the final. And whichever character wins this also wins their representative a prize.

Aquaman --- representing zvitor
Vs.
Rogue --- representing Uche

Cable --- representing Technology
Vs.
Storm --- representing Gate

And again, I please ask to not post short comments spoiling the endings. If you would like to discuss the outcomes, please use the spoiler option for the message. This is asked so as to respect those that wish to find out the results by watching to the end, as well as all the organizational work I put in to make this happen.

Finally, please read a couple messages back and give me some feedback please on the proposed future interactive contest of Pick 6.

Thank you.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2009, 12:26:16 PM »
Someone please post the winners of these matches . I'm at work & can't watch the vids . Put it in a spoiler . Thanx

« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:42:29 PM by DARKTALBAIN »

(click to show/hide)

Offline dragonesku

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 24, 2010, 06:08:41 PM
  • Fo' shizzle my nizzle
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »
The the last two matches were good but I think volzzilla should make a IMT vs Scruffy Dragon Tourney and get it crackin' right away. Something in the realm of Buyog vs Acey or Sabaki vs Magus, etc...

That will surely bring viewership up IMO. ;*))

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2009, 06:09:20 PM »
Someone please post the winners of these matches . I'm at work & can't watch the vids . Put it in a spoiler . Thanx

Before you click the play button, you can see who won.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »
The the last two matches were good but I think volzzilla should make a IMT vs Scruffy Dragon Tourney and get it crackin' right away. Something in the realm of Buyog vs Acey or Sabaki vs Magus, etc...

That will surely bring viewership up IMO. ;*))
Naw, I'd hate to see that since my characters don't have (good) AI. Maybe human player vs human player, but not AI vs AI. Maybe later this year when I AI patch all my characters....

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2009, 06:56:52 PM »
Thats the problem I see with this. Lots of characters have differant AI's. I myself as an independent creator dont belong to any game project, so I just use AI that seems realistic to me and not the nature of somone elses project. All the Kong characters I have with ridiculous AI just blow anything Ive ever made to dust, including my version of the Flash which has a tough AI.

Offline volzzilla

• The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2009, 08:26:58 PM »
Alexziq,
In general I understand what your saying, but I tested these guys pretty good to get a collection of people all in the same spectrum. Yes there were some at the bottom of the spectrum, some at the top. But not a single one of them was unbeatable, nor were any unable to win if they got the right match up. For instance, The Thing won it all, but it would have been a different story had he faced Iron Man who had his number. There were a couple others too, but I can't remember offhand (I want to say Cable and Green Lantern in this group) In short, I did some pretty heavy testing to try and find a bulk of chars (31 were in the main tourney) that were sort of in the same realm of AI and fighting ability.

Sabaki,
It was hard enough to pull off with AI in watch mode, and now you want me to get people involved? lol No thanks :P Besides, I wouldn't wanna feed you all :D

dragonesku,
That has potential for in the future, I'll consider it. But it made me think of some ways I could breakdown the two groups:

Head to Head: IMT 4, SD 2
Ms.Marvel vs. Lobo - Lobo wins
Aquaman vs. Iron Man - Aquaman wins
Batman vs. Etrigan - Batman wins
Thing vs. Hulk (best of 3) Thing wins 2, Savage Hulk wins 1

Total Wins:
SD - 10
Savage Hulk 5
Lobo - 3
Spiderman - 1
Etrigan - 1
IMT - 11
Thing - 6
Batman - 2
Mr. Fantastic - 1
Aquaman - 1
Green Arrow - 1

Record in Close Matches
SD - 7-6
IMT - 9-3
Total Win/Loss Records
SD - 11-7
IMT - 11-6

So you see, IMT won in every category, Win/Loss, Close matches, total wins, number of different characters with wins, head to head.

But those numbers would be different if the final round of the final match of the tournament finals went in Savage Hulks direction (which was very close.) Changes would be:
Head to Head: 3-3
Total wins: SD 11, IMT 10
Close matches: SD 8-5, IMT 8-4
Total Win/Loss: SD 12-6, IMT 10-7

I should have been a statistician, lol.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:58:09 AM by volzzilla »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2009, 10:36:24 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline volzzilla

• The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2009, 12:27:12 AM »
Second Chance Tourney Semifinal #1

No cash prize or anything else of material value involved, but one of these characters could win their representative the chance to shape a future piece of content to be published at: http://mmcelhaney-fiction.blogspot.com/

This fight is a little different, as also providing a sneak peak of dragonesku's Mercury Screenpack. So the video will serve as a partial beta test for him to see some things I had previously mentioned to him in testing.

And if you liked the stage, a download location is listed in the more info portion.

Deadpool --- representing M.Chidori
Vs.
Colossus --- representing Bonobi

Finally, I please ask to not post short comments spoiling the endings. If you would like to discuss the outcomes, please use the spoiler option for the message. This is asked so as to respect those that wish to find out the results by watching to the end, as well as all the organizational work I put in to make this happen.

Thank you.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2009, 12:44:06 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2009, 12:50:52 AM »
Sabaki,
It was hard enough to pull off with AI in watch mode, and now you want me to get people involved? lol No thanks :P Besides, I wouldn't wanna feed you all :D
Naw, I don't wanna see human vs human fights either, unless it's like some real tournaments I used to hold with my friends and coworkers in mugen where there were prizes and bragging rights involved. Ah, those days were fun....

Still, you have a good systematic thing going on with AI fights, so keep it going  :thumbsup:

Offline volzzilla

• The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2009, 02:47:11 AM »
Naw, I don't wanna see human vs human fights either, unless it's like some real tournaments I used to hold with my friends and coworkers in mugen where there were prizes and bragging rights involved. Ah, those days were fun....

Still, you have a good systematic thing going on with AI fights, so keep it going  :thumbsup:

Thanks Sabaki means a lot to hear you say that. As for those real tournaments, now those sounded like something people could get passionate about.

As for the next interactive thing, what I'd like to do is the Pick 6 idea. I haven't gotten much feedback, maybe its the crappy name, okay its called Mugen Pick'em now.

To recap, I'd announce 5 to 6 fights that will happen in the future. People then predict by either stating something in the thread or they could be secretive and pm me, either will be fine. Then have the fights and keep a running tally for all that entered. Repeat this 3 to 4 times, and person that correctly picks the most fights wins. Would also give a prize for best winning percentage in case someone missed a week or so, or for late joiners.

So same interactive video concept, but different. Easier to organize, and extremely easy to enter. I think it could be fun.

Edit: What do people think of the screenpack with all the graphical stuff going on in the title, vs. screen, lifebars, fight effects, etc? I like it alot myself :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 02:54:46 AM by volzzilla »

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2009, 03:47:41 AM »
i agree with sabaki, human tournaments are unnecessary.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline Bonobi

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 17, 2023, 03:25:16 AM
« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2009, 04:07:56 AM »
I was extremely surprised at the Aquaman match, with its ending outcome. With two AI where they can almost predict each other, though, maybe shouldn't be too surprising I guess.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

The screenpack looks great with the life bar and special meter during the fight, but not really too excited for the character selection part; it's still pretty okay.

Offline volzzilla

• The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2009, 09:13:27 AM »
Well, the character selection part was what I was having issues with. I think I know the reason for that now, but I'll share that with dragonesku.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD