collapse

Author Topic: The Wrestling discussion thread  (Read 43185 times)

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
Re: The Wrestling discussion thread
« Reply #1025 on: February 17, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
Technically RVD is the star of movie...but they changed it to Batista for some reason
And regarding PPV for free,feel free to drop a PM DT,I can give you details on how to watch them

Update:Christian lost the ECW title to Ezekiel Jackson in the last ECW show.
Totally useless to make him win,as WWE decided to retire the ECW title after all...stupidity at its best
Also,it's not only pretty obvious that Bret Hart's leg injury is a work,but also the fact that Cena and Batista will most likely face each other at Wrestlemania representing Vince and Bret... :(

I watched it just because if was the last show,and i wasn't surprised to see why it got cancelled.
I had to endure 10 minutes of that Abraham Washington whatever dude speaking(even interviewing himself) with Tony Atlas laughing at every single phrase he said... ~X(

R.I.P Extreme Championship Wrestling...you will be missed again
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:09:27 AM by KPT25 »

Offline D.Magician(Ky)

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 16, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
  • Ruffler Of Jammies
    • My MUGEN Site
« Reply #1026 on: February 17, 2010, 11:11:52 AM »
Kelly Kelly announced that she was pregant on Monday,and i was like ok that was better off not being said (probably wouldn't have been said if it wasn't for Jerry Springer)...then Jerry asks "so whose gonna be the daddy" and she was like"well im not sure",i was OMFG HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW?!?

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #1027 on: February 17, 2010, 11:17:17 AM »
"I'm not sure 'cause I'm a slut!" *giggle*

Ezekiel Jackson is the ECW champion now?  Dude, I would be a better champion than Ezekiel Jackson.

o.O# o.O# o.O#

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #1028 on: February 17, 2010, 11:29:12 AM »
The whole Jerry Springer's RAW love relationships skit was very absurd,and hilarious as it looked like something he would make in one of his talk shows.That,and Sheamus kicking Orton,Cena and HHH's heads off were the high points of RAW this week

It doesn't really matter anymore,as the genius of WWE officials decided to retire the ECW championship as soon as the show ended.So "Big Zeke" was ECW champion for a little more than 2 minutes according to PWInsider
Not only did Ezekiel Jackson make WWE history last night by winning the final ECW match but he now holds the record for the shortest ECW Title reign. From the moment the bell rang until the show went off the air, Ezekiel had the title for 2 minutes and 59 seconds. He beat The Sandman's previous record of 6 minutes and 32 seconds.
LOL  :DxDie

Offline ceefus

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 27, 2024, 09:38:08 AM
  • Howling Good Time
    • Email
« Reply #1029 on: February 17, 2010, 11:44:13 AM »
How did they make Batista Star of the movie  if it was RVD   strange?????

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #1030 on: February 17, 2010, 11:55:23 AM »
This is the article talking about it
Sources:Lords of Pain and PWTorch.com
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/6250.html

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #1031 on: February 17, 2010, 05:19:24 PM »
Update:Christian lost the ECW title to Ezekiel Jackson in the last ECW show.
Totally useless to make him win,as WWE decided to retire the ECW title after all...stupidity at its best

Actually, it wasn't a pointless title win. They've been building up Ezekial Jackson for a while now. The fact that he was the last ECW champion will give him more momentum going into whatever show he gets sent to.

In other news, this WWE Nxt thing actually sounds pretty intresting. Daniel Bryan (aka Bryan Danielson, aka The American Dragon, aka Wrestling Observers Best Technical Wrestler winner for 5 years straight and Most Outstanding Wrestler for 4 years straight) will be getting mentored by The Miz. Also, Matt Hardy will be mentoring Justin Gabriel. I didn't know who Gabriel was so I looked him up. He's pretty awesome. Check him out:

Note: Why isn't Yoshi Tatsu this good on ECW???

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #1032 on: February 17, 2010, 06:14:15 PM »
Nice finisher...hopefully he still uses it in his run on NXT

Offline Whoblehwah

• Email
« Reply #1033 on: February 17, 2010, 06:42:21 PM »
Nice finisher...hopefully he still uses it in his run on NXT

Yeah. Also his spingboard moonsault is awesome. If he can cut promos I think he'll be a star soon.

Speaking of moonsaults, I feel bad for Paul Burchil. His talent is being wasted by WWE. Instead of just giving him a push they jobbed him out to The Hurricane and now he's not on RAW, Smackdown, NXT, and he's not even in FCW. I really hope they don't release him.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #1034 on: February 17, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »
I loved the last ECW. I especially liked the Shelton/Kozlov segment. very epic
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 24, 2024, 06:38:44 AM
« Reply #1035 on: February 17, 2010, 07:24:37 PM »
Giving a shot at the final "ECW" show as I type. Anyone notice how absolutely stupid the "mix" of Miz's and Show's theme is.? Not to mention how the words sound off in Miz's song to me. Example..

"We--ll.. POSSUM! Bigshow! I ate some clay!" >.>

With random "Bigshow!"s thrown in there. Could not sound any more like they were just playing both songs at once. >.<

Pay per views for free?  :o

lol
Yup, yup. :P

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Whoblehwah

• Email
« Reply #1036 on: February 17, 2010, 08:39:55 PM »
I used to have free PPVs,  but my cable stopped working. Now my brother just downloads them. Although I kinda wish I still had cable. Because of my lack of cable I missed the last Dragon Gate USA ppv.  :'(

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #1037 on: February 17, 2010, 09:27:21 PM »
lol everyone here in Ny had free PPv's because everyone had their cablevision boxes hacked.

And i mean the old one's, the old Black boxes. Until cablevision had everyone's boxes replaced.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #1038 on: February 17, 2010, 10:21:49 PM »
Note: Why isn't Yoshi Tatsu this good on ECW???
Because WWE uses up people with potential and throws it away. Hell, in WWE there's hardly anyone that's technically sound anymore. Not since people like Angel, Guerrero, and Benoit. People that have talent and could show off something great now are pretty much told to water their sh*t down. Then when they don't have enough of a following they get kicked to the curb.

Not to mention all the slap-stick "comedy" going on now is to make it more PG for their soon to be new advertisers like Pepsi. They need to be more "family friendly" with retarded comedy like that.

In Mexico, wrestling's a culture. In Japan, it's an honor. In America, it's a mockery.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #1039 on: February 18, 2010, 10:48:14 AM »

In Mexico, wrestling's a culture. In Japan, it's an honor. In America, it's a mockery.

QFT...and most likely sigged.
There are very few exceptions,but in US at least,it appears they care more about the money they can make out of advertising than the quality of the show and wrestling itself  :-??

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #1040 on: February 18, 2010, 11:01:03 AM »

This is definitely the quote of the week
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #1041 on: February 18, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »
Wrestling has always been a spectacle in the US.  The problem these days is that the wrestlers who make it big are the ones who fall in line and do what the people in charge say.  Years ago, they had to deal with wrestlers who treated the profession like a craft and who were hard-headed and set in their ways.  Wrestling is just too big for its own good and consists of too many people who get in it for the attention and not for the craft.

There is no longer a sense of competition.  The WWE isn't really struggling to get viewers and the wrestlers are no longer wrestling to be the best.  There has to be something to shake things up a bit.

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #1042 on: February 19, 2010, 12:22:45 PM »
WWE keeps disgusting me even more with their PPV changes
Survivor Series,Backlash and now The Bash(previously known as the Great American Bash) has been scrapped from the PPV lineup
Even worse,this year's Wrestlemania will be super boring,as there will be no Money in the Bank ladder match most likely(the genius officials decided to make a MITB PPV... o.O#)

There's a lot of controversy about The Miz being the mentor of Daniel Bryan(Brian Danielson) on NXT
Bryan seems to be better in ring than him from what i heard,which is the main issue about that(i'll need to see the guy in action first to post my opinion)
I think that more than Miz mentoring Bryan,i believe this will be a cooperative work of them to improve themselves and sky rocket into main event status
Link to Miz's response at his WWE Blog(he remains in character though)
http://fans.wwe.com/themiz/blog/2010/02/18/mentoring_daniel_bryan_on_wwe_nxt

Oh,and my opinion on the fake injury on Morrison: HBK will super kick his head off before the Chamber PPV and take his spot,screwing Taker from retaining the title(he won't win it though)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:32:02 PM by KPT25 »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #1043 on: February 19, 2010, 12:33:26 PM »
Oh,and my opinion on the fake injury on Morrison: HBK will super kick his head off before the Chamber PPV and take his spot,screwing Taker from retaining the title(he won't win it though)

I hope so
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #1044 on: February 19, 2010, 04:59:26 PM »
What I was thinking might happen for big shock value is this. First off, Money in the Bank needs to take place at Wrestlemania or this just won't work.

We just won't see Michaels for the most part 'til then, he won't have a scheduled match or anything on the event either. When Money in the Bank happens, Shawn will come in last minute to steal the match and win the briefcase. Edge will take on Taker at the main event (since Edge needs to be in the main event after winning Rumble) and will lose. Right after the match Shawn will cash in and.. Well, after that it's anyone's guess. I say beat Taker at Wrestlemania finally with Taker leaving for good (since he's overdue for retirement, I think).

That's what I think should happen. Though Taker getting screwed out of the title this Sunday does sound more like the route they might take but not as interesting.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ceefus

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 27, 2024, 09:38:08 AM
  • Howling Good Time
    • Email
« Reply #1045 on: February 19, 2010, 05:31:07 PM »
As far as the elimination chamber this sunday   I think Shawn Michaels  is going to intefere with SmackDown Elimination chamber costing Undertaker to lose the belt  and in some way Chris Jericho will win the belt and face Edge at Wrestlemania    Undertaker Pissed off that he lost his belt bcuz of HBK  Will Finally Accept The Challege to Face Shawn Michaels  on a  Streak Vs Career Match

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #1046 on: February 19, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »
As far as the elimination chamber this sunday   I think Shawn Michaels  is going to intefere with SmackDown Elimination chamber costing Undertaker to lose the belt  and in some way Chris Jericho will win the belt and face Edge at Wrestlemania    Undertaker Pissed off that he lost his belt bcuz of HBK  Will Finally Accept The Challege to Face Shawn Michaels  on a  Streak Vs Career Match
Liking the sound of that. Though Jericho vs Edge is gonna blow IMO. >.>

(click to show/hide)

Offline Whoblehwah

• Email
« Reply #1047 on: February 20, 2010, 12:38:28 AM »
WWE is having a Fatal Four Way PPV.  o.O#

Oh, and for the guy who said he's never seen Bryan Danielson:

Please try to ignore the horrible commentary. Mike Hogewood sucks SO MUCH.

Post Merge: February 20, 2010, 01:49:19 AM
Oh hey guys, check this out. Danielson vs. Low Ki in his FCW debut. Nowhere neasr as great as there ROH or PWG matches, but it's something. If only WWE would let these guys go at it like they used to.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 01:49:20 AM by Whoblehwah »

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #1048 on: February 21, 2010, 10:44:16 PM »
And i called it: HBK screwed Taker with a surprise Sweet Chin Music letting Chris Jericho win the World HeavyWeight title

On a side note:John Cena won the WWE Title,but only held it for 1 minute,as Vince McMahon made him defend the title against Batista.Obviously,Batista destroyed him easily to become WWE Champion and goes to WM XXVI

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #1049 on: February 21, 2010, 11:14:29 PM »
Only read part of your first line there.. How about a spoiler alert or tag around it next time.. Kinda ruined a match for me already. -__-

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal