collapse

Author Topic: The Wrestling discussion thread  (Read 43171 times)

Offline ceefus

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 27, 2024, 09:38:08 AM
  • Howling Good Time
    • Email
Re: The Wrestling discussion thread
« Reply #900 on: January 09, 2010, 04:43:55 PM »
They need To stop pushing these old talents  and start  pushing new stars
WWE's problem    They use about 40 minutes of airtime every RAw on Hornswaggle/DX segments instead of real wrestling   they need to stop showing santino and chavo  and start  scouting  for new hungry talent    and one more thing   WWE  please realize  your current superstars have a certain lifespan stop jobbing out Swagger Evan Bourn Morrison and Kofi Kingston   it was good  that they put the belt on Sheamus and Mcintrye  one step in the right direction

TNA's problem is similar to WWE  STOP PUSHING OLD TALENT!!!!!!   i understadn Hulk Hogan and NWO are household names  but by seeing them on Monday  they are one step away from getting a Heart attack   Please TNA start scounting for new Talent      like the Rock Stone Cold and Goldberg  they all started somewhere   pleae let these new generation blossom and become legends too in the future  XD||  PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #901 on: January 09, 2010, 05:09:26 PM »
The problem is (A) they're pushing the young talents too much *eyes Sheamus* and (B) they're pushing the WRONG old talents.

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline ceefus

• Initiate
  • Howling Good Time
    • Email
« Reply #902 on: January 09, 2010, 05:18:17 PM »
As far as Sheamus and his Pale butt was a bad example of who to put the belt on    but im tired of seeing Cena with the belt    It was a good idea to give it to the new talent  just wrong guy   im not bothered by pushing the new guys too much   my problems is  Hornsswoggle is taking up valuable time  on RAw  i want to see an Awesome match with  Morrion and Evan Bourne  or Swagger and Kofi    Not the comedy act with Santino Chavo Horswaggle   Smackdown is a better show   but Vicki gotta go  she soooo ugly  hurts my eyes

Offline chrisG

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 27, 2011, 12:47:44 AM
    • Email
« Reply #903 on: January 09, 2010, 05:22:16 PM »
TNA is going by what wrestling fans want. Some fans don't want to let go of legends that paved the way. TNA is using the old stars as a way of pushing they company where it needs to be cause nobody that used to watch wrestling knows any of the new talent they have, Only kids do. A lot of people stopped watching wrestling cause they don't no any of these rookies they see now. They are used to the old days. TNA is using the old guys to get old school fans to watch again and most importantly take notice of the new talent they have. Kinda like promoting them. I agree with letting new stars take over, but they need to have character for one. I'm just sayin' you can't please everyone. Sheamus i can't really take notice of right now. He really has'nt shown me anything worthy of holding a title such as the wwe championship. He has'nt payed any dues yet in my book. It's just storyline bs they are using for cena. I think up coming stars should work their way up instead of have things handed to them after only being there for a couple months. That's how all the big boys do it. I also agree with that stupid hornswoggle taking up to much tv time. It's part of the problem with wwe's pg crap. TNA is using the old traditional way of wrestling and mixing in the new guys. While wwe is doing stuff for the kiddies now. Maybe this will light a fire under their behinds and make them change a little bit into something better. That's what i hope for...
christopher gilbert

Offline GLB

• Wrestling God.
  • Stage Creator
  • Last Login:March 01, 2017, 08:33:02 PM
  • <3
    • GLB_18
    • Skype - NewageGLB
    • GLB's Mugen Website
    • Email
« Reply #904 on: January 10, 2010, 12:14:22 AM »
Over at this forum these people are changing their names to certain wrestlers, I am in a DX thing going and I need certain help, My friend and I are there as Road dogg and Shawn michaels. we need the rest of the old school DX to sign up and help us post against other WWE/WWF members. if your interested in being a part of the DX team pm me for forum info.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:25:39 AM by Girlfriends lil bro »

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #905 on: January 10, 2010, 01:42:43 AM »
it is eventually what the fans are going to want, but they have a long way to go. They made the mistake of bringing in Cancer Hogan, who doesnt really care what happens to TNA but rather his own gains. If TNA is ever to succeed, then they need some serious reconstruction from current stars to storylines and every thing in between. otherwise they're going to be the way they are now, which is all talk and nothing else

WWE actually doesnt care since they've been there for so long. Currently, no matter what TNA does, they're still going to lose simply because of 1 thing: the kids. TNA doesnt appeal to the kids like WWE does. No matter how much older people like myself cant stand this PG era, its really whats making WWE their money since parents can take their kids to an event and not have to worry about seeing those fake whores unclothed or seeing superstars like Stone Cold cuss up a storm ever 5 minutes. In all reality, at best TNA is Attitude era WWF right now, but idk. Even though im loyal to WWE, i hope TNA can force WWE to change. (or at least get rid of their retarded fans who always chant "THIS IS AWESOME: CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP" or "THIS IS WRESTLING: CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP" or what ever chant ends in CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP)
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
« Reply #906 on: January 10, 2010, 01:58:54 AM »
 ^^(PM)^

THAT POST WAS AWESOME
*CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*
THAT POST WAS AWESOME
THAT POST WAS AWESOME
THAT POST WAS AWESOME

ok back to being serious, you got a great point on the family base wwe probally being the best finacial idea... but its freaking pathetic and i hope tna kills them personaly... or atleast gets them to "step up there game" so to speak >_> (I HATE CENA!!!!!!)

Offline chrisG

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #907 on: January 10, 2010, 12:22:34 PM »
that's what i'm sayin' though. I want TNA to just atleast make wwe do something better. idk. I agree with success though. and i agree that wwe is has been doing this a long time, that's the whole point. That's why wwe has a lot of loyal yourself. I'm still a wwe fan too. But i miss what i grew up watching is all i'm sayin'. I rather watch TNA and see what i miss, than watch another episode of barney and friends on wwe. That's why tna is their to appeal to more of the old school fans, and wwe is making their money with the kids. Like i said, however you are making money, that's cool. I am still a longtime fan of wwe but, i mostly find myself watching old matches on youtube to see the good stuff. And as far as the kids go. I understand not wanting them to be exposed to foul language and violence. But lol. They are gonna see it sooner or later. Parents can't have everything censored the way they wanted. But anyway, i'm not gonna really pay much attention to wwe until they change this stuff. Not back to old days, cause that's dead and gone. But idk, more realistic. That's what i saw in the attitude era. But idk, to each his/her own opinion.

Post Merge: January 10, 2010, 12:37:32 PM
also the chant's this is wrestling, is not stupid. the chants have meaning to it. It showing respect to wrestling and competition! not watching wwe's Barney and sesame street wrestling. Wow, i wonder if wwe will get barney to special guest host monday night raw sometime! lol.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:37:32 PM by chrisG »
christopher gilbert

Offline ceefus

• Initiate
  • Howling Good Time
    • Email
« Reply #908 on: January 10, 2010, 12:38:30 PM »
it kills me becuase about ten yrs from this day  We Had the Rock  Stone Cold  The REal DX with Road Dogg and Billy Gun   When the Radicals first came  Benoit Guerrero Malenko and Saturn   Now Ten yrs later to continue the legacy of wrestling We have  Hornswaggle  Santino Marella  Mid 40's DX with a comedy routine  guest host raw segments with Jeremy Piven or Johnny Damon????? or whatever that baseball player names was  (sigh!!!)  i want my attitude era back

Offline chrisG

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #909 on: January 10, 2010, 12:42:05 PM »
Right! that's what i'm sayin'. A lot of people just back up wwe on whatever it does. You don't have to like everything they do. Shoot the smackdown vs raw games are better than the shows!

Post Merge: January 10, 2010, 12:50:50 PM
i'll tell you one thing. If they keep this up, and tna does lose. I'm done watching wrestling. lol. i'll just play the svr games and stick to UFC, cause atleast there is "REALISM" there. just sayin'.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:50:50 PM by chrisG »
christopher gilbert

Offline ceefus

• Initiate
  • Howling Good Time
    • Email
« Reply #910 on: January 10, 2010, 01:11:20 PM »
I agreee UFC and MMA will one day make WWE and TNA change their product just to compete   

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Ook ook!
« Reply #911 on: January 10, 2010, 02:35:27 PM »
I want my 80s era wrestling back, with wrestlers who actually had the BRAINS to PERFORM.  Most wrestlers these days are just meat heads who can't improvise and do something ACTUALLY entertaining.  Sure, some of them try, but they just fall flat (Cena).

My MUGEN site.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #912 on: January 10, 2010, 02:38:33 PM »
it kills me becuase about ten yrs from this day  We Had the Rock  Stone Cold  The REal DX with Road Dogg and Billy Gun   When the Radicals first came  Benoit Guerrero Malenko and Saturn   Now Ten yrs later to continue the legacy of wrestling We have  Hornswaggle  Santino Marella  Mid 40's DX with a comedy routine  guest host raw segments with Jeremy Piven or Johnny Damon????? or whatever that baseball player names was  (sigh!!!)  i want my attitude era back

:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie Are you kidding me? Real DX? The DX you named with Road dogg, etc... was a bunch of BS.

The Real DX was HBK ( leader & WWE champion ). Triple H & Chyna. It was before Shawn found God. They used to always make me laugh. I was p*ssed when Shawn had to go for his surgery & that phony DX was started. Go back & watch the " real " era of DX with Shawn & you'll see what I'm talking about.

Now as for the present. Sheamus is terrible as champion. He paid no dues, didn't deserve the title & they should just give it back to Cena.

The nWo thing at TNA? You wouldn't believe the feeling of excitement I felt when I seen Scott Hall & Sixx pac coming down to the ring & when Nash came out. Then when the showed Sting lurking in the rafters. It was like 1998 all over again. Which was a great era of wrestling. Anyway, I seen someone mention it takes the old guys to get the fans back. Which is true & then the new guys will get noticed by people. Because right now anyone who hasn't watched wrestling in years has no clue who some of these new guys are. get the old guys back & people start watching & they will learn the new guys. It's kind of like " passing  the torch " they've been doing it for years.   

Post Merge: January 10, 2010, 02:43:42 PM
I want my 80s era wrestling back, with wrestlers who actually had the BRAINS to PERFORM.  Most wrestlers these days are just meat heads who can't improvise and do something ACTUALLY entertaining.  Sure, some of them try, but they just fall flat (Cena).

Are you talking about wrestling skills?

You're kidding me right? the 80's era was the worst of all. Hogan was champ forever with his big boot & leg drop. Every character was some ridiculous gimmick. Ultimate Warrior, He was my favorite when i was a kid, but geez was he an awful wrestler. My favorite tag team was Demolition, I don't even think those guys had any wrestling move. All they did was beat an opponent down with double fists.

As much as I enjoyed those years. I think we have more actual wrestling in years later then that
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 02:43:42 PM by DARKTALBAIN »
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #913 on: January 10, 2010, 06:03:37 PM »
Yea, watching 80's and early nineties wrestling is a bit stale. The monday night wars was where it was all at.

Alot of the "big names" was introduced around the time like rey mysterio, jeff hardy, kane, chris benoit and kurt angle.

As for DX, it was better when shawn led the stable, Triple H got his big push after he left. Not to say he is not funny but when your married to the boss' daughter the corporate cheese can go to your head.

That said, I hope if they expand on the bret hart storyline it doesn't turn to crap. Its probably the most interesting thing I've watched since 2004.
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline ceefus

• Initiate
  • Howling Good Time
    • Email
« Reply #914 on: January 11, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »
A question for anybody  Who is the current Million Dollar Man of Todays Wrestling

Is It
JBL John Bradshaw Layfield
Robert Roode
The Pope

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Ook ook!
« Reply #915 on: January 11, 2010, 07:10:52 PM »

Post Merge: January 10, 2010, 02:43:42 PM
Are you talking about wrestling skills?

You're kidding me right? the 80's era was the worst of all. Hogan was champ forever with his big boot & leg drop. Every character was some ridiculous gimmick. Ultimate Warrior, He was my favorite when i was a kid, but geez was he an awful wrestler. My favorite tag team was Demolition, I don't even think those guys had any wrestling move. All they did was beat an opponent down with double fists.

As much as I enjoyed those years. I think we have more actual wrestling in years later then that

The 80s was the worst of all?  Are you nuts!?  The 80s had Mr. Perfect, the Hart Foundation, Macho Man, Jake Roberts, Big Boss Man, Demolition, Rick Rude, Million Dollar Man, Roddy Piper, and I could seriously go on...  Heck, the worst the 80s had to offer is still better than much of what's going on in wrestling today.  I'd prefer Ultimate Warrior (sans the unprofessional attitude backstage) over John Cena, Batista, or much of the trash that took place in the late 90s when there were only a handful of wrestlers worth looking at.

80s being the worst?   o.O#

My MUGEN site.

Offline chrisG

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #916 on: January 11, 2010, 11:36:05 PM »
i agree with the 80's being better. You can't knock the era that really paved the way for these young cats now. They are trying now, but still could be better...
christopher gilbert

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #917 on: January 12, 2010, 04:18:20 PM »
The 80s was the worst of all?  Are you nuts!?  The 80s had Mr. Perfect, the Hart Foundation, Macho Man, Jake Roberts, Big Boss Man, Demolition, Rick Rude, Million Dollar Man, Roddy Piper, and I could seriously go on...  Heck, the worst the 80s had to offer is still better than much of what's going on in wrestling today.  I'd prefer Ultimate Warrior (sans the unprofessional attitude backstage) over John Cena, Batista, or much of the trash that took place in the late 90s when there were only a handful of wrestlers worth looking at.

80s being the worst?   o.O#

Yeah, you just proved my point even more. When it comes to actual wrestling, there was only 2 you just mentioned out of that bunch that had any real wrestling skill. That would be Brett The Hitman Hart & Mr perfect. Like I mentioned before, I loved Demolition. They are still my favorite tag team to this day. Now as for " wrestling " skills? They had none. Their moves were basically just beat someone down with their fists. Poor smash had to become The Repo man later in his career & then that awful golfer at WCW. Anyway, the 80's were fun times for wrestling. But people were talking about " real wrestling " skills. The 80's severely lacked in that. We didn't get to see much of that until the new guys started coming up in the 90's

(click to show/hide)

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Ook ook!
« Reply #918 on: January 13, 2010, 01:38:25 PM »
ONLY Bret Hart and Mr. Perfect?  Oh, I get it.  You're one of those smart mark wrestling fans who only likes those technical wrestlers, am I right?  You can't appreciate the brawlers like Jake the Snake or Big Boss Man.

Sometimes you don't have to be overly technical or perform flip-over neck whips, or whatever it was that Mr. Perfect did.  Sometimes it's more about psychology in the ring or good timing or maintaining the flow of the wrestling match instead of the boring high spot > rest > high spot > rest > high spot that we see in wrestling these days.

And how can you completely ignore the wrestling skills of at least Macho Man, Rick Rude, and Roddy Piper?

o.O# o.O#

My MUGEN site.

Offline ceefus

• Initiate
  • Howling Good Time
    • Email
« Reply #919 on: January 13, 2010, 03:49:50 PM »
no mention of the Rockers  or Steamboat   Tito Santana     the problem is they look at 80's wrestling and only think of Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan  when really there were good wrestling matches back then    My Favorite is MachoMan versus Hitman Bret Hart on a House Show 

Offline gohan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 01, 2016, 09:19:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #920 on: January 14, 2010, 10:21:14 AM »
the best 80s wrestler is dussty rhodes he the best nwa and the promo in wresting
another coool thing was he help the hard core movment he involved in to some the bloodest fights in in history look at match between tully bulnchd was barb wire ladder in nwa if any should be the hardcore legend it the American dream     

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #921 on: January 14, 2010, 11:22:52 AM »
ONLY Bret Hart and Mr. Perfect?  Oh, I get it.  You're one of those smart mark wrestling fans who only likes those technical wrestlers, am I right?  You can't appreciate the brawlers like Jake the Snake or Big Boss Man.

Sometimes you don't have to be overly technical or perform flip-over neck whips, or whatever it was that Mr. Perfect did.  Sometimes it's more about psychology in the ring or good timing or maintaining the flow of the wrestling match instead of the boring high spot > rest > high spot > rest > high spot that we see in wrestling these days.

And how can you completely ignore the wrestling skills of at least Macho Man, Rick Rude, and Roddy Piper?

o.O# o.O#

Ummmmmmmm......  No. Bret Hart & Mr Perfect are not my even favorite wrestlers. Actually Shawn Michaels is. Because every time he goes out there he puts on a hell of a performance. It's usually non stop action & then very high spots.

Don't twist my words. How many times did I mention that Demolition is my favorite tag team to this day. The Ultimate Warrior was my favorite back then. I'll never forget the first time I seen him. It was the saturday morning show & this nut case with makeup ran out & literally beat some ham & egger in like 5 seconds. Gorialla press drop & it was over. I began to watch every wrestling show in hopes that I would hear that first beat of music & watch this maniac run out to the ring, shake the ropes & destroy someone. Entertaining, yes. Wrestling skill, not so much. Probably the only one with less skill than the Warrior was Goldberg...lol 

My comments were directed towards those people who were talking about " real " wrestling " The 80's were not it. Brawlers aren't real skilled wrestlers. I never considered Stone Cold a skilled wrestler. Great persona, awesome mic skils. but wrestling, not so much.

no mention of the Rockers  or Steamboat   Tito Santana     the problem is they look at 80's wrestling and only think of Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan  when really there were good wrestling matches back then    My Favorite is MachoMan versus Hitman Bret Hart on a House Show 

Steamboat was awesome. He was one of my favs back in the day. I liked one half of the rockers, i'll give you one guess who it was...lol 

(click to show/hide)

Offline ceefus

• Initiate
  • Howling Good Time
    • Email
« Reply #922 on: January 14, 2010, 11:43:04 AM »
i see what your saying  and Yes  wrstling has evovled into something different  and 80's wrestling had its mommnents where it was all about gimmicks and trends  i.e.   Coco Beware or  Honky Tonk Man     BUT   there were wrestlers like Macho Man  SteamBoat   and Yes your Favorite Shawn Michaels    Santana  Bret Hart  Kurt Henning  Steiner Brothers(before Scott Steiner  big poppa pump routine)  Rick Rude   i can say are better than   hmmm lets  see Cody Rhodes  MVP  Sheamus  Santino Marella  Horsnswoggle  and The Miz   i mention these name  cuz  this is who i see Every monday night   So  did Wrestling actally get bettter?   if you are comparing it to the Attitude era  than yes    Now   hmmmm   i dont know :-??

Offline chrisG

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #923 on: January 14, 2010, 04:25:30 PM »
I've gotta say Austin is actually quite skilled in wrestling. Now, you maybe thinking "um, no. He's a brawler". You gotta check out his old matches, Also some from 96 and ecw. He only came to ecw to wrestle in the first place back in the day. While everyone there except for malenko, benoit and eddie were all hardcore maniacs. His match with bret at Survivor Series 96 was one of his best. He displayed a lot techinque in the begining of the match. I would'nt say he was as finely tuned as bret, but even bret said austin was really good competition "skill wise". He just changed up his style to brawling in 97. It was what the fans wanted to see instead of to many wristlocks and headlocks.
christopher gilbert

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #924 on: January 14, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »
Im so sad i missed the pre 2000 era of wrestling. I didnt start watching until 2001 when Kane and Undertaker reunited
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal