collapse

Author Topic: The Wrestling discussion thread  (Read 43163 times)

Offline GLB

• Wrestling God.
  • Stage Creator
  • Last Login:March 01, 2017, 08:33:02 PM
  • <3
    • GLB_18
    • Skype - NewageGLB
    • GLB's Mugen Website
    • Email
Re: The Wrestling discussion thread
« Reply #675 on: September 21, 2009, 11:39:31 PM »
Im going to go out on a limb here and say ECW is alot better than Raw

I might be the first to disagree sir... ECW's olden days may have been a lot better and are still enjoyable to watch to this day. but the current ECW is just an hour of random matches. The roster consists of all rookies and free agents its not a very colorful pick to say the least. I'd rather watch raw or smackdown anyday :|

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #676 on: September 21, 2009, 11:41:48 PM »

I might be the first to disagree sir... ECW's olden days may have been a lot better and are still enjoyable to watch to this day. but the current ECW is just an hour of random matches. The roster consists of all rookies and free agents its not a very colorful pick to say the least. I'd rather watch raw or smackdown anyday :|
i also agree ecw better than raw? It's like saying dharma and greg is better than prince of bel air.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #677 on: September 21, 2009, 11:46:47 PM »

I only say this because with ECW you actually get wrestling unlike Raw. and dont have to worry about stupid guest hosts or it turning into WWE SNL
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #678 on: September 21, 2009, 11:54:29 PM »
Im going to go out on a limb here and say ECW is alot better than Raw

But Raw has been VERY bad lately...I don't think the current ECW is better as it has too much development talent in it,but it's proving much more interesting to watch atm

Smackdown is the A Show atm imo...

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #679 on: September 22, 2009, 01:35:38 AM »
But Raw has been VERY bad lately...I don't think the current ECW is better as it has too much development talent in it,but it's proving much more interesting to watch atm

Smackdown is the A Show atm imo...

yea there's no doubt about that. Smackdown has always been the A show. but compared to Raw as of late, ECW is so much better imo. Even though they only have like 10 people on the show, somehow they do what they can. True its not like the old ECW, but its still kicks Raw's a** every single week
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline GLB

• Wrestling God.
  • Stage Creator
  • <3
    • GLB_18
    • Skype - NewageGLB
    • GLB's Mugen Website
    • Email
« Reply #680 on: September 22, 2009, 07:35:18 AM »
I must be he only person enjoying the guest hosts then. I thought they put up some interesting things lol

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #681 on: September 22, 2009, 03:38:36 PM »
I liked Bob Barker & trish Stratus week. D*mn I find Trish so much more attracti9ve as a brunette

1. You do realize all those wrestles you listed (except Mysterio) are on RAW right?
2. I don't like Cena, Rhodes, or Dibiase and I HATE Hornswaggle. Mysterio's getting old, but he's still pretty good. He's alot better than Batista, thats for sure.

Anyone, is better than batista

Is Randy Orton off TV yet?

I swear, few wrestlers are as capable of putting me to sleep as he is.
I'd rather the WWE give Kane back the mask and put him on a run for one of the world titles. He's been a solid, dependable worker for them for over fifteen years and all they seem to hand him are horrible feuds that he can't save alone. They basically buried his momentum back during the heyday of the Austin era and he never truly recovered.

I think it's time to push him again; WWE seems to love the "big man" wrestlers lately, so why not use the one who's actually competant?

I agree give Kane the mask back & his old demeanor & give him  a run with the belt.

they definitely ruined Kane in the Stone cold era & then  when they took the mask off him it was really doing him in.
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline DukeNukem 2417

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 03, 2021, 09:23:56 AM
    • Email
« Reply #682 on: September 22, 2009, 04:20:02 PM »
Could someone please start a seperate thread for the weekly results of Friday Night SmackDown, or just PM me with the SmackDown results for each week?  I'm tired of trying to stay up late because the stupid local high-school football game overruns into SD by about 20 minutes every week; it's cutting into my sleep hours and really getting on my nerves.

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #683 on: September 22, 2009, 04:32:40 PM »
Ever since Randy Orton messed up everything on Raw, I stopped watching it. But when Jeff Hardy got cheated and had to leave Smackdown, I stopped watching WWE, period. C.M Punk used to be nice and all, but I'm assuming the title got to his head.

But what made me watch Smackdown again was when Undertaker kidnapped Teddy Long while he was in his limo  :DxDie Buckle up, Teddy.  ;D

Offline The Great World Emperor

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 29, 2011, 11:21:00 PM
    • Email
« Reply #684 on: September 22, 2009, 04:36:45 PM »
OH SNAP!
http://hulkamania.com.au/index.html (Read the last paragraph)

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #685 on: September 22, 2009, 05:12:04 PM »
Flair wrestling again?Not a complete surprise at all...he can do whatever he wants now as he no longer has a contract with WWE

@ANGELM:Hardy decided not to sign up a new contract with WWE,hence the reason they made the whole "Loser leaves WWE" match against CM Punk

Orton is becoming more and more boring to watch,to the point i currently care more about the US Title than the WWE Title on Raw(The Miz is currently a more entertaining heel than Orton,he deserves a singles title push)

And i always liked CM Punk,but now that he holds the belt i like him even better(turned heel,yeah,but who cares)

Offline fer619

• Angry Bird
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 18, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
  • ANGRY BIRDZ GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • fer619's Hideout
    • Email
« Reply #686 on: September 22, 2009, 05:25:39 PM »
yeah, i also prefer to watch the US title matches rather than the WWE title matches, it kinda gets boring to see the same guys fight for the title (cena, triple h, orton) over and over again. let's see mark henry or MVP or even the Miz battle for that title  :-w

@ANGELM:Hardy decided not to sign up a new contract with WWE,hence the reason they made the whole "Loser leaves WWE" match against CM Punk

and then he gets arrested for drug possession  /:O

the real reason he didn't sign up a new contract?
(click to show/hide)

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #687 on: September 22, 2009, 05:27:59 PM »
Anybody watch raw last night? No? good, it sucked bad.

the only interesting thing was that after 10 years, Lilian Garcia decided to hang up the microphone. I'll miss her, child of micheal buffer.

Cedric the entertainer was a horrible host for raw, he reminds me alot of dane cook or bob sagat. I should probably watch smackdown soon, i have no idea what it has been like lately.
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #688 on: September 22, 2009, 06:32:11 PM »
its always on youtube 12 hours before it actually airs on mytv. if not there then at smackdowns start time go to justin.tv and stream it there
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #689 on: September 22, 2009, 09:30:22 PM »
RAW is getting too playful. I want the old RAW back. I wish Cena take his wanna be urban act to TNA.

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #690 on: September 22, 2009, 10:01:42 PM »
RAW is getting too playful. I want the old RAW back. I wish Cena take his wanna be urban act to TNA.

I agree, raw is supposed to be war. it used to be in the title!!

I really don't like cena or orton. I saw them both and it looked like they put a baby and a gorilla in the ring and let them fight.

aren't world champions supposed to have personality before they are milked for fan boy's money. Thats how it used to be anyways.

we need a new macho man, or steve austin, not a white play off of busta rymes.
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline Whoblehwah

• Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #691 on: September 22, 2009, 10:35:49 PM »
Whoever in WWE decided to make Zack Ryder the #1 contendor instead of PAUL F'N BURCHILL is an idiot. Burchill's the best out of the whole "developmental" bunch on ECW. Better than Jackson, Koslov, Ryder, Tatsu, and that lame hawaiian guy. Hell, he's even better than Rhodes and Dibiase. WWE pushes all the wrong talent. I REALLY hope they don't make Nigel McGuiness and Bryan Danielson job like this. Its ridiculous.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline dl316bh

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:January 01, 2011, 08:07:24 PM
  • The Metal God
« Reply #692 on: September 23, 2009, 05:22:40 AM »
I agree give Kane the mask back & his old demeanor & give him  a run with the belt.

they definitely ruined Kane in the Stone cold era & then  when they took the mask off him it was really doing him in.
I pretty much trace it back to the King of the Ring with the First Blood match. The 'F literally wrote the story into a corner on that one. Stone Cold was the top gun at the time so making him lose was not much of an option. But Kanes stipulation was if he lost he'd set himself on fire. Where else could you go but a "controversial" finish where Kane technically wins. Then Austin won the belt back the next night and Kane was all but buried. It almost threw out his "unstoppable monster" heat out the window right there and it all went to hell.

Taking the mask off was just what cinched it. Once they got past the initial storylines they just didn't know what to do with him; the mystique was gone and they kept going back to that one damn storyline.

He just plain needs the mask back. Just give it back in a grand fashion. Then build from there. It can be done.

But when Jeff Hardy got cheated and had to leave Smackdown, I stopped watching WWE, period. C.M Punk used to be nice and all, but I'm assuming the title got to his head.
Jeff just didn't renew his contract; I suspect the old powder was calling and he figured it was best to drop out of wrestling for a while to indulge his vices rather than get busted by the WWE's drug program again and find himself promptly fired.

Jeff Hardy has a real issue staying clean long. WWE has seriously pushed him several times over the years and he completely blew it. I doubt very highly it's a coincidence that he left and was nailed for drug possession within a week. If he blew it again while still under contract, WWE would likely have cut their losses on Hardy completely whether he's popular or not. It's pretty evident the only reason he's been given as many chances as he has is because he's so popular, otherwise he would have been permanently canned long ago.

The old merchandising dollar intake won out.

I've been finding it funny that Punk was basically turned heel by the fans for telling the truth. Seriously, he says to stay clean so good things would happen and he's booed. Tell's you something, I think.

yeah, i also prefer to watch the US title matches rather than the WWE title matches, it kinda gets boring to see the same guys fight for the title (cena, triple h, orton) over and over again. let's see mark henry or MVP or even the Miz battle for that title  :-w
I agree the world title picture needs new blood, but none of those thanks. Mark Henry's not exactly an exciting wrestler, for one, not to mention the WWE seems to be pushing him and MVP as a tag team lately. Then there's the Miz, whom I really don't find all that interesting even as a heel. Whatever Morrison has, the Miz lacks in my eyes. Often seems to be the case when great tag teams split up; you start to see which one was the real star of the team when they're not covering up each others weaknesses.

I think the Attitude Era left the WWE strapped when it comes to star power. Most of the huge stars of the era were either injured or left. This is in major contrast to the previous era, where you have guys like Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and the like who still go today. So the WWE is struggling to build up younger wrestlers to make up for that gap and it's all just a damn mess. I mean, lets face it; guys like the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels aren't going to be around forever and WWE knows it.

I agree, raw is supposed to be war. it used to be in the title!!
That was put in the title as a reference to the Monday Night Wars going on at the time with WCW Monday Nitro (which was often so godawful that I never understood how the damn company got so popular). There isn't exactly a Monday Night War going on right now. So Raw isn't exactly war. It was never really meant as a reflection of the program.

Offline GLB

• Wrestling God.
  • Stage Creator
  • <3
    • GLB_18
    • Skype - NewageGLB
    • GLB's Mugen Website
    • Email
« Reply #693 on: September 23, 2009, 07:40:27 AM »
Whoever in WWE decided to make Zack Ryder the #1 contendor instead of PAUL F'N BURCHILL is an idiot. Burchill's the best out of the whole "developmental" bunch on ECW. Better than Jackson, Koslov, Ryder, Tatsu, and that lame hawaiian guy. Hell, he's even better than Rhodes and Dibiase. WWE pushes all the wrong talent. I REALLY hope they don't make Nigel McGuiness and Bryan Danielson job like this. Its ridiculous.

You like Paul burchill huh? I'm actually a fan of Yoshi Tatsu if I were to ever watch ECW it would be because of Kozlov or Tatsu

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #694 on: September 23, 2009, 11:59:03 AM »
I pretty much trace it back to the King of the Ring with the First Blood match. The 'F literally wrote the story into a corner on that one. Stone Cold was the top gun at the time so making him lose was not much of an option. But Kanes stipulation was if he lost he'd set himself on fire. Where else could you go but a "controversial" finish where Kane technically wins. Then Austin won the belt back the next night and Kane was all but buried. It almost threw out his "unstoppable monster" heat out the window right there and it all went to hell.

Taking the mask off was just what cinched it. Once they got past the initial storylines they just didn't know what to do with him; the mystique was gone and they kept going back to that one damn storyline.

He just plain needs the mask back. Just give it back in a grand fashion. Then build from there. It can be done.
Jeff just didn't renew his contract; I suspect the old powder was calling and he figured it was best to drop out of wrestling for a while to indulge his vices rather than get busted by the WWE's drug program again and find himself promptly fired.

Yeah I remember when Kane had that belt for a short 18 hours. I was actually kind of pumped that they gave the big red monster the belt, only to lose it the next night.

As the story was with Kane that he was in the fire in the funeral homw when him & the undertaker where kids. They thought Kane died, but Paul bearer knew where he was all this time & brought him back at the original hell in a cell. It was the only reason Shawn Michaels who laid in a pool of his own blood retained his title. Kane came out, ripped the door off the cage & tombstoned Undertaker.  One of my favorite matches BTW . Anyway, the story was that Kane was severely burned, he wore the one sleeve & the mask to hide his burned disfigurement. Great angle, he reminded me of Jason Vorhee's the way they would show his eyes through the mask & he would stalk his opponents. Kane couldn't talk because his vocal chords had been burnt also.

So three things that did kane in

Him losing the belt less than 24 hours after winning it.

Them giving him that stupid voice thing 7 having him talk. It kind of took the monster side away from him & made him more human.

Then when they finally took the mask off him, it was really the nail in the coffin.

The way they did it was a total cop out. Oh , it was all in Kane's mind because of the trauma he went through. He was never really burned it was psychoschematic. LAME !!! 

Then awhile ago they started that angle where Kane was walking around with the Mask & they kept showing it on the screen. WTF happened with that? Nothingthey just dropped it one day.

WWE writers if you are reading this.  Do this crap right. Have Kane come out to the ring & the pyrotechnics go wrong. Kane will have to be rushed to the Hospital. Have this go on for about two or 3 months that Kane is gone. sHow visits to the hospital room of Kane where he is wrapped in bandages never revealing his face.  Then when Kane finally does come back he has the mask back on & hair has grown because he is actually burnt for real. Make his hair stringier, & he will be on a rampage against the WWE since he blames everyone there for the pyro malfunction.  The big red monster will be back & for his first few weeks he is back it will be like old times. Where he just comes out & destroys people & interupts matches. Then build that up to  his title run.

Jeff Hardy has a real issue staying clean long. WWE has seriously pushed him several times over the years and he completely blew it. I doubt very highly it's a coincidence that he left and was nailed for drug possession within a week. If he blew it again while still under contract, WWE would likely have cut their losses on Hardy completely whether he's popular or not. It's pretty evident the only reason he's been given as many chances as he has is because he's so popular, otherwise he would have been permanently canned long ago.

jeff hardy is an idiot anyway. I can't stand the guy. I hope he gets put in jail for a long time on those drug possession charges.

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline fer619

• Angry Bird
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 18, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
  • ANGRY BIRDZ GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • fer619's Hideout
    • Email
« Reply #695 on: September 23, 2009, 02:06:20 PM »
Whatever Morrison has, the Miz lacks in my eyes.

yeah, i would love to see Morrison fight for the WWE title, unfortunately he's on smackdown

jeff hardy is an idiot anyway. I can't stand the guy. I hope he gets put in jail for a long time on those drug possession charges.

i thought they did put him in jail  :-??

WWE writers if you are reading this.  Do this crap right. Have Kane come out to the ring & the pyrotechnics go wrong. Kane will have to be rushed to the Hospital. Have this go on for about two or 3 months that Kane is gone. sHow visits to the hospital room of Kane where he is wrapped in bandages never revealing his face.  Then when Kane finally does come back he has the mask back on & hair has grown because he is actually burnt for real. Make his hair stringier, & he will be on a rampage against the WWE since he blames everyone there for the pyro malfunction.  The big red monster will be back & for his first few weeks he is back it will be like old times. Where he just comes out & destroys people & interupts matches. Then build that up to  his title run.

+1  ^^(PM)^

he could start his rampage with cena and orton and triple h
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #696 on: September 25, 2009, 02:49:08 PM »
Why they gotta take the belt from the black man? Kofi gonna get Evan Boune to help take these clowns down.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #697 on: September 25, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »
Word of Warning: Smackdown is going to really gay this week. and 619 is comming back to team with Botchtista at Hell in a Cell
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline Whoblehwah

• Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #698 on: September 27, 2009, 12:21:52 AM »
Why they gotta take the belt from the black man? Kofi gonna get Evan Boune to help take these clowns down.

They take the title from "the black man" because its wrestling. People win titles, people lose titles. Race has nothing to do with it.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline The Great World Emperor

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 29, 2011, 11:21:00 PM
    • Email
« Reply #699 on: September 27, 2009, 10:46:59 AM »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal