collapse

Author Topic: The Wrestling discussion thread  (Read 43175 times)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Re: The Wrestling discussion thread
« Reply #500 on: July 29, 2009, 01:53:50 PM »
i got every game in the smackdown series. i do the same thing on the games myself. my original character is named the The Amazing One but he goes by The Sith now cause he turned heel/face after losing to the big show, jericho and randy orton. i basically got jumped! so now he's cane swinging maniac with a L.O.D hawk tattoo on face with a AJ Styles hooded vest. he's on a personal mission to get jericho, orton, and show to get his wwe title back.

Sad thing is the create a wrestler mode went down hill every game. Shut Your Mouth had the most layers, and the most accessories, and move sets from actual wrestlers. I have 2 Memory cards full of legends, Japanes, mexican, and Indy Wrestlers. Each game after that seemed to get worse. Maybe some of the newest ones are better though.

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #501 on: July 29, 2009, 02:12:37 PM »
Day of Recokoning 2 was my fave. Best create a wrestler feature IMO.

Offline DukeNukem 2417

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 03, 2021, 09:23:56 AM
    • Email
« Reply #502 on: July 29, 2009, 03:21:30 PM »
Sad thing is the create a wrestler mode went down hill every game. Shut Your Mouth had the most layers, and the most accessories, and move sets from actual wrestlers. I have 2 Memory cards full of legends, Japanes, mexican, and Indy Wrestlers. Each game after that seemed to get worse. Maybe some of the newest ones are better though.

I forgot to mention that I also have WWE SmackDown: Here Comes the Pain; that one was interesting, to say the least.  Anywho, SvR 2007 let you use slots, which meant that you could literally have about 5 or 6 rosters of about 30 Create-a-Wrestlers each.  They should bring that back for SmackDown vs. RAW 2010, expand the number of CAW slots from 30 to 50, and include EVERY OUTFIT AND ACCESSORY FROM EVERY PAST WWE GAME THAT HAS HAD A CREATE A WRESTLER MODE!!!!!  SvR 09 did include capes, though---that was a nice touch. 

In terms of original characters, I've had the Joker (The Dark Knight version), Doomsday, Mask de Smith and Kaede Smith from Killer 7, Mortimer McMire (Commander Keen's archnemesis), Marvel Girl, The Shadow, Rorschach and even Supergirl as members of the roster at various times; Rorschach, Mortimer and the Joker are all on my SvR 09 roster, and will probably make the jump to SmackDown vs. RAW 2010.

Offline The Great World Emperor

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 29, 2011, 11:21:00 PM
    • Email
« Reply #503 on: July 29, 2009, 03:41:07 PM »
My favorite CAW mode in a game was in Fire ProWrestling Returns. The amount of moves, edit slots, and the customizable AI was cool. I never done anything with Shut Your Mouth's CAW because it took too long to unlock the parts and movesets as the season mode took forever to complete. I didn't like the create parts in the games after that though. I still have to look at the CAW mode in Wrestle Kingdom II though.

Offline DukeNukem 2417

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 03, 2021, 09:23:56 AM
    • Email
« Reply #504 on: July 29, 2009, 03:44:37 PM »
i got every game in the smackdown series. i do the same thing on the games myself. my original character is named the The Amazing One but he goes by The Sith now cause he turned heel/face after losing to the big show, jericho and randy orton. i basically got jumped! so now he's cane swinging maniac with a L.O.D hawk tattoo on face with a AJ Styles hooded vest. he's on a personal mission to get jericho, orton, and show to get his wwe title back.

Huh, this Sith sounds pretty interesting.  Could you maybe send me a text file saying how I could recreate him on my game, via PM?

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #505 on: July 29, 2009, 04:55:43 PM »
i watched Shaq on monday and that was so gay. I want my life back for the time i spent thinking he was gonna get into it with BigShow for real \-/o

I dont even watch wrestling anymore...damn commercial hype.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #506 on: July 29, 2009, 05:01:41 PM »
My favorite CAW mode in a game was in Fire ProWrestling Returns. The amount of moves, edit slots, and the customizable AI was cool. I never done anything with Shut Your Mouth's CAW because it took too long to unlock the parts and movesets as the season mode took forever to complete. I didn't like the create parts in the games after that though. I still have to look at the CAW mode in Wrestle Kingdom II though.

Fire is a great game, and it has a massive international roster to begin with. Shut your Mouth was worth unlocking the parts in my opinion. It had the Great Muta's Spider Mask, and Jushin Lygers costume, plus the preset movesets for tons of characters from past games, and Japanese versions.

Here comes the pain was pretty good, but it left out a lot from the previous game, but it added the Hell in the Cell mode which was cool.

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #507 on: July 29, 2009, 05:46:55 PM »
Anyone got the greatest stars of the 90's dvd.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #508 on: July 29, 2009, 06:37:24 PM »
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

Offline The Great World Emperor

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 29, 2011, 11:21:00 PM
    • Email
« Reply #509 on: July 29, 2009, 07:50:27 PM »
Fire is a great game, and it has a massive international roster to begin with. Shut your Mouth was worth unlocking the parts in my opinion. It had the Great Muta's Spider Mask, and Jushin Lygers costume, plus the preset movesets for tons of characters from past games, and Japanese versions.

Here comes the pain was pretty good, but it left out a lot from the previous game, but it added the Hell in the Cell mode which was cool.

I remember seeing Liger's horns in the game while browsing through the parts in Shut Your Mouth.

Speaking of Muta and Liger:

Offline chrisCG

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 18, 2009, 11:57:48 AM
  • #1 psylocke fan! The Amazing One!
« Reply #510 on: July 29, 2009, 08:58:58 PM »
yes! that is so true. i'm still disappointed with the caw. i like too create diva wrestlers a lot, and i've been upset since svr in 04 when they stopped u from using the divas in story modes and specififc matches. i mean, i know that try to keep realism in the game but it's a game too and i like the way they had it on smackdown 2. i read on a different thread they took divas out of certain match types cause wwe did'nt want them to be violent. wwe censors things way too much now that it's annoying.
christopher gilbert "The Amazing One"

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #511 on: July 29, 2009, 10:39:01 PM »
I got the 90's dvd... anyone want it?

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #512 on: July 31, 2009, 09:06:58 AM »
Some pretty decent matches on TNA last night. Samoa Joe vs Super Mex Hernandez was excellent. No wussy padded punches, high impact, good stuff. AJ against Matt Morgan was pretty good too. I cant believe in a million years AJ could fight him, but he sells it even better than Rey does. The springboard 450 FTW was amazing. The TNA knockouts are actually entertaining to watch. Victoria, and Awesome kong is going to be a great fued. It kinda seemed like the X-Division got pushed to the back, which is a mistake. Having Daniels, and Amazing Red back at TNA, they should be pushing the hell out of it, not putting it on the backburner.

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #513 on: August 01, 2009, 12:24:45 AM »
crime tyme got are the #1 contenders.

Offline fer619

• Angry Bird
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 18, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
  • ANGRY BIRDZ GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • fer619's Hideout
    • Email
« Reply #514 on: August 04, 2009, 04:37:27 PM »
lol Mark Swoggle  :DxDie  :DxDie  :DxDie

[youtube=425,350]v1sGPL-9Vn0[/youtube]
(click to show/hide)

Offline Whoblehwah

• Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #515 on: August 06, 2009, 01:47:14 AM »
I was watching a PWG dvd today and I realized something. Chris Sabin is THE MAN! lol.

Check this out guys:

[youtube=425,350]Nh_ySgOyKfs[/youtube]

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #516 on: August 06, 2009, 02:01:10 AM »
I hate wresetling, it's so fake, ya'll should watch some UFC. I mean it was okay back in the day, but only thing I miss about it is those ice cream bars I used to buy from the ice-cream man.

These where the business!
Coming 2099.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #517 on: August 06, 2009, 08:40:54 AM »
I hate wresetling, it's so fake, ya'll should watch some UFC. I mean it was okay back in the day, but only thing I miss about it is those ice cream bars I used to buy from the ice-cream man.

[

Wrestling fans know it's fake. When you go go see a movie, do you say to yourself "I hate this movie, it's so fake"

I like UFC, but thats totally differant. In UFC you don't see guys backflip off a balcony, or get choke slammed thru 3 tables. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #518 on: August 07, 2009, 01:27:46 AM »
I really cannot stand Hornswoggle, John Cena, CM Punk, or Jeff Hardy
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #519 on: August 07, 2009, 10:32:47 PM »
I really cannot stand Hornswoggle, John Cena, CM Punk, or Jeff Hardy
What did Jeff do to you? Crime Tyme is gonna pwn Christina and Fat boy!!!

Offline chrisCG

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 18, 2009, 11:57:48 AM
  • #1 psylocke fan! The Amazing One!
« Reply #520 on: August 08, 2009, 12:14:11 AM »

%-( here we go with the cliche of wrestling being fake and the praising of UFC. u know if i had a dollar for everytime i heard someone say wrestling is fake and then bring up UFC i would be rich. just like the other guy said we all know it's fake but we like being entertained like at the movies. i'm a BIG ufc fan too, i watched it back in the day when they had no holds barred when they had no gloves and they were really breaking each others arms and legs, the gracie era and shamrock. it was another bloodsport movie but real. but also i like the entertainment wrestling gives and i respect what they do. now i'm not blind to some of the stuff that goes on wrestling, like now wwe is to PG for me now,they make things way to predictable now, so i watch TNA wrestling every week. they are doing really well now. i'm just sayin'....
christopher gilbert "The Amazing One"

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #521 on: August 08, 2009, 12:17:24 AM »
What did Jeff do to you? Crime Tyme is gonna pwn Christina and Fat boy!!!

The fact that he's in WWE is reason enough for me. He's always on every show and he's in the dumbest feuds. And that Sting-like face paint just is ridiculous
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #522 on: August 08, 2009, 12:39:58 AM »
PPV card updated for SummerSlam 2009!

WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. John Cena

Unified Tag Champions Chris Jericho & Big Show vs. Cryme Tyme 

And recently announced at WWE.com:

World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk in TLC match

Intercontinental Champion Rey Mysterio vs Dolph Ziggler(known before as Nicky from Spirit Squad)

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #523 on: August 09, 2009, 03:36:10 PM »
Jeff Hardy has gots to go.  CM Punk is still cool... but Jeff should not be main eventing anything.

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline Whoblehwah

• Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #524 on: August 09, 2009, 10:26:19 PM »

If you don't like wrestling why would you click on "The Wrestling Discussion Thread"?  :-??

Towards the whole discussion about Jeff Hardy, I don't like him much either. He really isn't all that great. Its not fair how they put him over Punk. Sure Hardy has a bigger fanbase, but CM Punk is a way better wrestler and is a lot better on the mic. Also, from what I've read online Jeff Hardy may be leaving the WWE soon, which is another reason he shouldn't be champion. CM Punk is so under-appriciated. =\

On another note, why is it that on any youtube video about KENTA or the Go 2 Sleep people are always complaing about how KENTA "stole" the move from Punk. KENTA invented the move. He was using it before Punk was even in WWE. If anyone "stole" it, Punk did. Also, I don't really think its fair to say anyone stole a move in wrestling. Lots of wrestlers use the DDT, did they all steal it from Jake Roberts? Lots of wrestlers do the Shooting Star Press, did they all steal it from Jushin Thunder Liger? Wrestlers are going to use moves other wrestlers use. Theres no getting around it. I don't see why people feel the need to argue about it so much.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal