collapse

Author Topic: The Wrestling discussion thread  (Read 43098 times)

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
Re: The Wrestling discussion thread
« Reply #475 on: July 27, 2009, 01:12:45 PM »
<_< you cant beat Kofi.... This Tag Team DVD is awesome!!! Takes me back the good ole days.

Offline chrisCG

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 18, 2009, 11:57:48 AM
  • #1 psylocke fan! The Amazing One!
« Reply #476 on: July 27, 2009, 01:21:35 PM »
man i have really been watching TNA lately and i gotta say i'm impressed. only because they have really good matches. the storylines are'nt that bad either cause to me they still capture the elements like back in the day. now i've been a BIG fan of wwe for 19 years, and i still watch it from time to time but i'm very disappointed with wee right now. they have terrible storylines the acting is terrible and their matches and storylines are way too predictable. now tna is predictable to me too at times but their matches are still fun to watch cause they have'nt changed their programming is like wwe has over the past 2 years. now all wwe focuses on is the kids and family crap. i mean every showing bores me half to death cause they toned down everything they used to do. they don't use foul language, no kind of sexual content (remember HLA lol) no hardcore matches. but tna has still has all of this stuff i missed from back in the day, they need still need a little more work though. but anyway, i be glad when wwe finally comes to there senses and not really go back to their days but make something original. idk maybe i do want the old days back. they are just sugar coating every thing now. also they need to wake up with the divas! gail kim is my favorite diva of all time! yeah i said it of all time. but wwe brought her back over there for nothing. they make lose to women like maryse!!! i'm just saying wwe is far boring now. and after taker leaves i'm done watching wwe until they start doing something big in their programming.
christopher gilbert "The Amazing One"

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #477 on: July 27, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »
man i have really been watching TNA lately and i gotta say i'm impressed. only because they have really good matches. the storylines are'nt that bad either cause to me they still capture the elements like back in the day. now i've been a BIG fan of wwe for 19 years, and i still watch it from time to time but i'm very disappointed with wee right now. they have terrible storylines the acting is terrible and their matches and storylines are way too predictable. now tna is predictable to me too at times but their matches are still fun to watch cause they have'nt changed their programming is like wwe has over the past 2 years. now all wwe focuses on is the kids and family crap. i mean every showing bores me half to death cause they toned down everything they used to do. they don't use foul language, no kind of sexual content (remember HLA lol) no hardcore matches. but tna has still has all of this stuff i missed from back in the day, they need still need a little more work though. but anyway, i be glad when wwe finally comes to there senses and not really go back to their days but make something original. idk maybe i do want the old days back. they are just sugar coating every thing now. also they need to wake up with the divas! gail kim is my favorite diva of all time! yeah i said it of all time. but wwe brought her back over there for nothing. they make lose to women like maryse!!! i'm just saying wwe is far boring now. and after taker leaves i'm done watching wwe until they start doing something big in their programming.
Classic WCW and WWE wrestlers on that show... I would watch it, but the commentary sucks.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #478 on: July 27, 2009, 09:44:54 PM »
OMG Chris Masters Back!!! :o :o :o :o
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #479 on: July 27, 2009, 10:06:36 PM »
OMG Chris Masters Back!!! :o :o :o :o
I know!!! The steroids got him lookin buff!

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #480 on: July 27, 2009, 10:59:19 PM »
Ugh. White Trash won. I was looking forward to seeing Mark Henry in a title match for once. Does WWE just not get it that people are sick of Cena. ugh
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #481 on: July 27, 2009, 11:16:37 PM »
Ugh. White Trash won. I was looking forward to seeing Mark Henry in a title match for once. Does WWE just not get it that people are sick of Cena. ugh
I knew Cena was gonna win... all you had to do was look at the time.

Big Shaq trucked Big Hoe... with the help of Cryme Tyme.

Offline chrisCG

• Initiate
« Reply #482 on: July 27, 2009, 11:28:59 PM »
i agree with u 100% as long as cena's butt is still there.no one else will move up. ~X(

Offline catbat74

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 27, 2014, 07:06:08 PM
    • Email
« Reply #483 on: July 27, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »
I didn't realize that Shaq was so much taller than big slow, lol

Offline chrisCG

• Initiate
« Reply #484 on: July 27, 2009, 11:31:56 PM »
i just overlook the commentary. yeah i know it's not great, but the matches are nonstop action like they say. and they ain't takin 3 commercial breaks during 1 match like wwe does.

Post Merge: July 28, 2009, 02:10:26 AM
can anyone tell me where i can find tna theme music for downloads? i'm looking for samoa joe's new rap theme. if anyone knows just pm me please. i know this is a thread for wrestling, but i checked everywhere. and oh yeah, shaq was raw tonight!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:10:26 AM by chrisCG »

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #485 on: July 28, 2009, 10:10:36 AM »
i just overlook the commentary. yeah i know it's not great, but the matches are nonstop action like they say. and they ain't takin 3 commercial breaks during 1 match like wwe does.

Post Merge: July 28, 2009, 02:10:26 AM
can anyone tell me where i can find tna theme music for downloads? i'm looking for samoa joe's new rap theme. if anyone knows just pm me please. i know this is a thread for wrestling, but i checked everywhere. and oh yeah, shaq was raw tonight!

Tenay is a Legend in the Industry. Str8 up WWE fans probably just dont care about stuff like that though. Tenay was great on AAA Mexico because you could finally understand what was going on. Hell he commentated Rey Mysterio Jr's 1st match ever.

Offline chrisCG

• Initiate
« Reply #486 on: July 28, 2009, 03:36:59 PM »
Tenay is a Legend in the Industry. Str8 up WWE fans probably just dont care about stuff like that though. Tenay was great on AAA Mexico because you could finally understand what was going on. Hell he commentated Rey Mysterio Jr's 1st match ever.
yeah he is i remember him since the wcw days. i love the matches so i don't really pay too much attention to the commentary, but sometimes i do. u got a point with the wwe fans though.

Offline fer619

• Angry Bird
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 18, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
  • ANGRY BIRDZ GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • fer619's Hideout
    • Email
« Reply #487 on: July 28, 2009, 05:15:03 PM »

agreed, i'm kinda tired of seeing the same guys fighting for the title. Let's see someone new take on orton, like mark henry

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #488 on: July 28, 2009, 06:50:31 PM »
agreed, i'm kinda tired of seeing the same guys fighting for the title. Let's see someone new take on orton, like mark henry

(click to show/hide)
Jack Swagger would been good too. Like I said before though... Im sick of the white guy rotation. MVP would kill Orton.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #489 on: July 28, 2009, 09:52:31 PM »
Yeah...if you consider The Rock as black/african american,he is so far the only black champion in the WWE title history
They will give black superstars WWE title matches,but they are not gonna win them.I heard that it was Vince Sr's will not to allow black ppl hold the WWE title(it's a rumor,but seeing how there's only one "exception",it doesn't seem fake at all)

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #490 on: July 28, 2009, 10:07:19 PM »
I never thought about it like that. But what about Lashley winning the ECW championship (its not much but doesnt that count for something)
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #491 on: July 28, 2009, 11:11:17 PM »
Yeah...if you consider The Rock as black/african american,he is so far the only black champion in the WWE title history
They will give black superstars WWE title matches,but they are not gonna win them.I heard that it was Vince Sr's will not to allow black ppl hold the WWE title(it's a rumor,but seeing how there's only one "exception",it doesn't seem fake at all)

I dont mean to pizz in anybodies coolaid but Rocky could be as easily considered the 1st Samoan, or Puerto Rican champ considering he pretty much is a perfect mix of all 3 cultures. Thats the beauty of America, and the great american melting pot. The Rock was one of the best examples of what an American champ should be.

To me it will always be Ron Simmons beating Vader to become the 1st true African American HW Champ. When you see a black guy powerslam Vader like he did without effort, it was history.

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #492 on: July 28, 2009, 11:14:55 PM »
I dont care about those other branches. What matters is that the WWE Championship belt is always in the same hands.
CENA
ORTON
HHH
BATISTA
Its makes me sick to see the same crap over and over again. That time Cena was fighting Lashley, everyone wanted Lashley to win, but Cena got it.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #493 on: July 28, 2009, 11:16:18 PM »
not to be the constant old school Wrestling fan, but I cant believe Ron/Farooq isnt in the WWE HOF. Not only was Simmons the 1st HW champ, but him and Butch Reed (Doom) were the 1st legit Black Tag Team Champs.

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #494 on: July 28, 2009, 11:22:36 PM »
not to be the constant old school Wrestling fan, but I cant believe Ron/Farooq isnt in the WWE HOF. Not only was Simmons the 1st HW champ, but him and Butch Reed (Doom) were the 1st legit Black Tag Team Champs.
I know... I got the tag team DVD. But that was then... this is now! They had ideas back in the day. Now they running outta ideas.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #495 on: July 28, 2009, 11:34:41 PM »
I know... I got the tag team DVD. But that was then... this is now! They had ideas back in the day. Now they running outta ideas.

I hear ya but imagine if WWE picked up Monty Brown, and Teddy Long put him and Lashley together as the new Doom? it would be fresh as hell in my opinion. Bring back New Jack, and Mustafa to get whooped by the new Doom. To me that would rock, but then again I'm dying for some good old school tag team action.

Offline Tundra

• SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #496 on: July 28, 2009, 11:45:33 PM »
I torrented the DVD from isohunt.com

Check this out.

Offline chrisCG

• Initiate
« Reply #497 on: July 29, 2009, 03:36:21 AM »
I hear ya but imagine if WWE picked up Monty Brown, and Teddy Long put him and Lashley together as the new Doom? it would be fresh as hell in my opinion. Bring back New Jack, and Mustafa to get whooped by the new Doom. To me that would rock, but then again I'm dying for some good old school tag team action.
u see that's wwe's problem now, they don't do faction storylines anymore. TNA would jump to an idea like that. that's what i like about them.

Offline DukeNukem 2417

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 03, 2021, 09:23:56 AM
    • Email
« Reply #498 on: July 29, 2009, 09:17:40 AM »
Debated about posting here for a while, so here it is:

I have WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007, WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 and WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2009 (all for PlayStation 2), and I've rarely followed the actual storylines the WWE is running.  For example, I did my own version of Night of Champions on WWE SvR 09 this past Sunday, and I think my results are a lot better:

United States Champion: Duke Nukem
World Heavyweight Champion: Commander Keen
WWE Champion: CM Punk (he's still a face; I turned Jeff Hardy heel)
ECW Champion: Faceless (an original character I made; he's basically a slasher)
World Tag Team Champions: Randy "The Ram" Robinson (from The Wrestler) and Kratos
Women's Champion: Illyria (from Angel)

Obviously, all of the above champions (except CM Punk) are Create-a-Wrestlers, but it's cooler for me to have Commander Keen as the World Heavyweight Champion (despite the fact that he's a cruiserweight) than to see Randy freaking Orton retain YET AGAIN.

Offline chrisCG

• Initiate
« Reply #499 on: July 29, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »
Debated about posting here for a while, so here it is:

I have WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007, WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 and WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2009 (all for PlayStation 2), and I've rarely followed the actual storylines the WWE is running.  For example, I did my own version of Night of Champions on WWE SvR 09 this past Sunday, and I think my results are a lot better:

United States Champion: Duke Nukem
World Heavyweight Champion: Commander Keen
WWE Champion: CM Punk (he's still a face; I turned Jeff Hardy heel)
ECW Champion: Faceless (an original character I made; he's basically a slasher)
World Tag Team Champions: Randy "The Ram" Robinson (from The Wrestler) and Kratos
Women's Champion: Illyria (from Angel)

Obviously, all of the above champions (except CM Punk) are Create-a-Wrestlers, but it's cooler for me to have Commander Keen as the World Heavyweight Champion (despite the fact that he's a cruiserweight) than to see Randy freaking Orton retain YET AGAIN.
i got every game in the smackdown series. i do the same thing on the games myself. my original character is named the The Amazing One but he goes by The Sith now cause he turned heel/face after losing to the big show, jericho and randy orton. i basically got jumped! so now he's cane swinging maniac with a L.O.D hawk tattoo on face with a AJ Styles hooded vest. he's on a personal mission to get jericho, orton, and show to get his wwe title back.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal