collapse

Author Topic: Psylocke - SMvC: EOH Released (Updated 11/3/2008)  (Read 4281 times)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
Re: Psylocke - SMvC: EOH Released
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 01:11:18 PM »
nice character sabaki  =D>

1) when u do combos with her u will hear the mvc2 announcer say good, great, etc but the words don't show up for them on the screen

2) her grab move when u press forward and w is a bit weird.  it should be a throw launcher that gives damage from the kick and the person sent flying can use air recovery

if a wanted to make her psy attacks transparent how would i go about doing that?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 02:54:50 PM by swiziga »

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 01:14:36 PM »
One of my favorite characters on MvsC2 and X-Men Legends. :thumbsup:

Congratulations on the release. :)
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

Offline Spidercide

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 23, 2023, 06:47:15 PM
    • AWESOME HARE
    • https://squareup.com/store/random-select-comics
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 03:54:10 PM »
I love this forum so much. :'( Sabaki I can't thank you enough.
WRRRYYYYYYYYY!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 06:43:08 PM »
nice character sabaki  =D>

1) when u do combos with her u will hear the mvc2 announcer say good, great, etc but the words don't show up for them on the screen

2) her grab move when u press forward and w is a bit weird.  it should be a throw launcher that gives damage from the kick and the person sent flying can use air recovery

if a wanted to make her psy attacks transparent how would i go about doing that?

1) I'll check that out. Last time I played I could've remembered I saw all the words appear according to the announcer's words.

2) Same as in MvC2 last I checked. It's weird, but yes the enemy recovers. I could change it where the enemy doesn't automatically recover, but leave it up to the player to recover by themselves....hmm, not a bad idea  ;)

3) Transparency for her psy attacks made them look washed out. Actually, all her Psy attacks (except for Psi Thrust) are double-layered with one transparency sprite and another not transparent, which gives them a slight glow. You'll have to look for the anim num in the AIR that matches the anim used according to the helper associated with each psy based attack to either remove the non-transparent one or to turn it transparent as well. It may be alot of work, though....

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2008, 01:21:03 AM »
i found an mvc2 like infinite with jon taliban lol. I play as him tooooo much that i know him inside and out.  I will post it when i get back to where the internet is. Its hard to do but with timing u can get it down lol. Its hard for me to get really high in the hits category but i know its an infinite cuz im going over the usual amount hits im supposed to be able to go over and i can keep on going. But so far its 24 hits and honestly i think it should stay. Its funny though i usually hate infinites in characters but this one to me is cool

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline W-ology

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 31, 2011, 01:43:27 AM
  • Skill, Heart, & Honor - Ways Of An Ology...
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 01:26:18 AM »
Excellent Psylocke....she always was a thick chick to behold! Don't touch her "PhighBlades" ^___^ Good Job once again!

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 05:32:59 AM »
Psylocke has a semi infinite with infinite possible move addons up to about the 40 plus hits range that takes off maybe half or a little half of your life in the corner only. Which means shes fine just dont get into the corner and get launched. Should i make a vid of this too sabaki? Also her psi thrust hyper hits on the ground everytime making it extremely versatile but it also means i can spam it to get in extra hits. on the ground psy thrust get 16 hits and after the hyper ends psy thrust again 16 more hits do it again 16 more hits doing a total of 48 hits. She randomly jumps back sometimes after that unless u time the re-hyper right

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »
Small update for Kenji and Psylocke.

PATCHES (Only download these if you downloaded the main files on 10/31/2008)
Kenji - http://www.mediafire.com/?nggn0emehnt
Psylocke - http://www.mediafire.com/?yljigmuyykm

MAIN FILES
Kenji (Updated 11/3/2008) - http://www.mediafire.com/?ziz00muh0kn
Psylocke (Updated 11/3/2008) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z205jzlziez

1st post has also been updated, so you can get the files there as well.

Psylocke has a semi infinite with infinite possible move addons up to about the 40 plus hits range that takes off maybe half or a little half of your life in the corner only. Which means shes fine just dont get into the corner and get launched. Should i make a vid of this too sabaki? Also her psi thrust hyper hits on the ground everytime making it extremely versatile but it also means i can spam it to get in extra hits. on the ground psy thrust get 16 hits and after the hyper ends psy thrust again 16 more hits do it again 16 more hits doing a total of 48 hits. She randomly jumps back sometimes after that unless u time the re-hyper right

Naw, no need for a vid. I know what you mean about 40-plus hits in the air, most likely through Kouchou Gakure. I may make a fix for it, although since she's a fairly weak character I thought it would be a great reward if you can manage to land so many hits. As for the Psi-Thrust thing, It will automatically change direction if you do going down towards the ground or diagonal up against the walls, so it gets a natural (6 hits)extension, which can then be extended as normal (into the 2nd 8-hit one). She could do something similar iirc in MvC2, but I never mastered under what conditions. Still, I tossed it in for fun. The jumping back thing is something she could do as a defensive measure in MvC2, where if Psi-Thrust was blocked and/or you just want to gain distance, you hold back at the end of the move. As for the doing Psi-Thrust repeatedly to do 48-plus hits, that's no good. I'll fix it in the next update. Thanks for the feedback & bug check.

i found an mvc2 like infinite with jon taliban lol. I play as him tooooo much that i know him inside and out. I will post it when i get back to where the internet is. Its hard to do but with timing u can get it down lol. Its hard for me to get really high in the hits category but i know its an infinite cuz im going over the usual amount hits im supposed to be able to go over and i can keep on going. But so far its 24 hits and honestly i think it should stay. Its funny though i usually hate infinites in characters but this one to me is cool
I'm sure I've seen you you're referring to regarding Talbain, but it's pretty hard to keep infinities going with him. Damage reduction also keeps things from going crazy, but if you think you can kill people with it, let me know and I'll fix it.

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 18, 2013, 09:14:45 AM
Re: Psylocke - SMvC: EOH Released (Updated 11/3/2008)
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 12:11:34 PM »
Excellent work!  :w00t:

Looking forward to your next work ;)

Offline chrisG

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 27, 2011, 12:47:44 AM
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 12:12:31 PM »
i am a VERY BIG psylocke fan! i've got t-shirts,wallpaper and everything! and i have been waiting for the eoh psylocke for some time now. and she is great! it's like everthing i wanted in mvc2 i get with her on this version. and i am VERY good with ms. betsy on mvc2 i might add. i've been playing her non-stop! i was wondering if u don't mind. if u could add one more super to her. i wanna see a version of nakoruru's zetsumei ougi super added to psylocke's supers. except of stabbing her opponent with a knife, she uses her psy-blade. nice character sabaki! u get all cool points! =D>
christopher gilbert

Offline Spidercide

• Forum Member
    • AWESOME HARE
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2008, 01:25:21 PM »
Appreciate the November 3rd update. Can't wait to try her out again. :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 05:14:53 PM by Spidercide »
WRRRYYYYYYYYY!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 02:45:26 PM »
Excellent work!  :w00t:

Looking forward to your next work ;)
It's right around the corner  ;D

i am a VERY BIG psylocke fan! i've got t-shirts,wallpaper and everything! and i have been waiting for the eoh psylocke for some time now. and she is great! it's like everthing i wanted in mvc2 i get with her on this version. and i am VERY good with ms. betsy on mvc2 i might add. i've been playing her non-stop! i was wondering if u don't mind. if u could add one more super to her. i wanna see a version of nakoruru's zetsumei ougi super added to psylocke's supers. except of stabbing her opponent with a knife, she uses her psy-blade. nice character sabaki! u get all cool points! =D>
A fellow Psylocke fan like me, cool  :thumbsup:. About that zetsumei ougi super, problem is I'd need custom-made sprites, and I'm no good at sprite editing  :( . If I could get it, I could include it into Concussion or something....

Appreciate the October 3rd update. Can't wait to try her out again. :)
May want to wait, for I have another update for her later today. Some bugs and bigtime balancing is needed. I'm trying to do all necessary updates so I won't need to do any for awhile.

Offline Spidercide

• Forum Member
    • AWESOME HARE
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 05:15:56 PM »
A fellow Psylocke fan like me, cool  :thumbsup:. About that zetsumei ougi super, problem is I'd need custom-made sprites, and I'm no good at sprite editing  :( . If I could get it, I could include it into Concussion or something....
May want to wait, for I have another update for her later today. Some bugs and bigtime balancing is needed. I'm trying to do all necessary updates so I won't need to do any for awhile.

Sounds like a plan to me. :thumbsup:
WRRRYYYYYYYYY!

Offline chrisG

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 06:26:46 PM »

oh really! well in that case i'm not to bad at drawing sprites, i'm an artist so i draw a lot, and i've drawn sprites before. but i've never sent anything to anybody on here, lol. i'm still trying to learn how to make own character.so maybe i could draw the sprites out and u could use them, that's if u have a better idea that is :).....
christopher gilbert

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 10:30:38 PM »
Your psylocke is really nice. Just a few things.

-I think Psi Thrust is fine. It acts the same way it does in mvc2.
-Psychic Veil is a very nice touch, though I think the animation looks a little weird, and the opponent isn't always centered.Also, why isn't there a hit counter on it? Is it intentional?
-Dash forward and Dash backward should be cancelable by jumps.
-Attacks, specials,supers,crouch,jumps should cancel Backward Dash.
-I find it weird that Psy Blade chains cant be canceled into supers. Though.....it is your character XD.
-Psi Blast goes through other projectiles.

I can make more pals if you like. Heres a preview:As you can see, psylocke is my fav Marvel character also XD. Will report anything else if I see anything congratulations!

Offline chrisG

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 10:35:56 PM »

-Psychic Veil is a very nice touch, though I think the animation looks a little weird, and the opponent isn't always centered.Also, why isn't there a hit counter on it? Is it intentional?
-I find it weird that Psy Blade chains cant be canceled into supers. Though.....it is your character XD.

I can make more pals if you like. Heres a preview:As you can see, psylocke is my fav Marvel character also XD. Will report anything else if I see anything congratulations!
i really like that pallete! =D>
christopher gilbert

Offline ItalianStallion

• Hoodville Certified
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:May 07, 2022, 08:13:31 PM
  • Today you are inspired. Tomorrow you inspire
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2008, 03:10:19 AM »
Sabaki, you outdid yourself man!! This is deff the best Psylocke out there for Mugen. Now all we need is a Psylocke smiley :D

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2008, 10:35:44 AM »
oh really! well in that case i'm not to bad at drawing sprites, i'm an artist so i draw a lot, and i've drawn sprites before. but i've never sent anything to anybody on here, lol. i'm still trying to learn how to make own character.so maybe i could draw the sprites out and u could use them, that's if u have a better idea that is :).....
If you can provide me with something, that'll be nice. What you could use is her standing middle punch animation and see where you can go with that.

Thanks for the compliment!
-Psychic Veil's abit annoying concerning the clone's placement. I've struggled with that for a long time and it's OK if P2's close. If far away then the clone tends to overlap. In the future I'll work on it a little more. As for the hit counter, it's based on how I coded it. I'll see if I can add one though.
-Good catch! Thought I made her dash forward and dash backward jump cancelable, as well as specil attack-cancelable. Will fix.
-Psi-Blade can only cancel into Hypers upon the very 1st spin attack. Once you extend Psi-Blade Spin, then you lose that ability. The reason why I did this is because her combo potential is high enough. Trust me, some balancing is needed in the long run once you are able to make 30+ hit combos with ease.
-Are you saying that Psi-Blast should go through other projectiles? According to MvC2 (don't remember X:COTA and MSH) yes it should. However, it'd be annoying to code, for it'll then have to become character & author-specific. However, if you're saying that the current Psi-Blast is going through attacks, then it's probably how the author coded his characters' projectiles that's an issue. I've noticed that when it comes time to projectiles, so many creators forget to set the attribute correctly (i.e. forgetting to put a P), or just forgot to put a clsn2 on their projectile. Psylocke's Psi-Blast will hti any projectile that is coded correctly. Other than that, not much I can do for that.
-Nice palette  :thumbsup:. Feel free to make more if you want.

Sabaki, you outdid yourself man!! This is deff the best Psylocke out there for Mugen. Now all we need is a Psylocke smiley :D
Thanks. I really tried.

Well, update's gonna have to wait a little bit longer (not too long, though). Be back shortly.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2008, 03:46:53 PM »
All characters have been updated! Some of it are little stuff, others are fixes and tweaks. Some balancing issues have been dealt with (hopefully), especially with Jon and Psylocke. Refer to the readme/update log for a more detailed account on what was done.

Jon Talbain - http://www.mediafire.com/?t2uy2xmmu4y
Kenji - http://www.mediafire.com/?mtk0ufnjrzn
Psylocke - http://www.mediafire.com/?owjdgziwtyn

@donald22: Give J.T. another run. I bet you I got alot of those little "infinities" you may have spotted upon. Still, anything concerning Mirage Body stays  ;D

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2008, 08:11:39 PM »
yay i will once i get back to my own computer. which will probably be tomorrow. but just to let you know im going to post the videos anyway. do u want a private pm or do u want it publicly shown. just so you know my characters have their life set at 200 in the mugen to make the match fun and long. but i only did the infinite in practice mode. the one i did for boneclaw wolverine was the hardest to do. i wish i could beta test more characters this way lol. i havent fully mastered it but its worthy to stay imo but anyway you will see what i mean sabaki.

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2008, 08:48:35 PM »
Yeah, I noticed with well made characters her projectile works just fine.
-Still can't cancel her back dash though, its weird.
-Crouching Strong kick can't be canceled by specials or supers.

I've made four palettes for her:
BluGrn:Vampire:
Brown:Mileena(MK2):

Linkage: http://www.sendspace.com/file/121bzx
I only colored Mileena's effects differently, because I later saw that the effect sprites were bad quality. Plus Sabaki said he was gunna update the sprites, so I'll wait.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 10:07:54 PM by Warcueid »

Offline dragonesku

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 24, 2010, 06:08:41 PM
  • Fo' shizzle my nizzle
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2008, 09:09:27 PM »
I really like;'BluGrn', 'Brown' and 'Mileena(MK2)', they're subtle but not boring and they blend with the character perfectly, not so sure about the 'Vampire' palette!  ;*))

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2008, 10:05:48 PM »
^^Thanks! Was my first time making palettes, glad you liked them. The Vampire was me playing around and having fun, I could (if a lot of people want) just bring up the skin tone to normality, I'll see.

Offline gamemasterxtreme

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 18, 2012, 12:44:49 AM
  • I'm the Master at Games
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2008, 10:15:59 PM »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Psylocke's now available to the public on Halloween day (well, a few hours late, but&nbsp; :-??). Here's your chance to try her out before her appearance in the Super marvel vs Capcom: Eternity of Heroes game is updated for public release. As always, please read the readme and moveslist for more info. A demo vid will be uploaded shortly, so stay tuned&nbsp; ;)

Psylocke (Updated 11/4/2008): http://www.mediafire.com/?owjdgziwtyn

Also, Kenji and Jon Talbain have been updated. Get 'em here, and reference to the readme and update log to see what was done.

Jon Talbain (Updated 11/4/2008): http://www.mediafire.com/?t2uy2xmmu4y
Kenji (Updated 11/4/2008): http://www.mediafire.com/?mtk0ufnjrzn

Please report all bugs and issues you may happen to find so I can update each characters(s) as need be.

Once all characters have been uploaded to Infinity's main page, all mediafire links will be removed & replaced with the main site's links.

Enjoy :)
I think I'll try her out

Offline chrisG

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2008, 11:56:39 PM »
sure sabaki, i'll take a crack at those sprites for psylocke's move. hopefully you will be able to work with them once i'm done. i'll start taking a look at those standing med. punch animations u were telling me about. 11/3/08;D

hey sabaki! i managed to finish those those sprites for psylocke's zetsumei super! i did the best i could i do wih them.lol. i had to copy a lot sprites from her original sprites and put them in folders. i also copied nakaruru's zetsumei animation sprites and went along based off of those as best as i could. they both look closely the same. i had to enlarge the sprites from the middle to the end, because they were too small, so i hope that won't be a problem.....also, idk how to make animations so i did'nt do that all, i would assume u know how to. they are in order from 1-21. u can check them out if u want. so, how do i go about sending u the sprites on here? cause i never uploaded anything on here before. 11/5/08.  :-SS
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:55:09 AM by chrisG »
christopher gilbert

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar