collapse

Author Topic: MUGEN GUILD GONE WILD!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 18007 times)

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
Re: MUGEN GUILD!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2007, 01:21:19 AM »
someone just posted a request for p.o.t.s ken

Thats mrpopo, he also just registered here.

I checked his email.

Its like a deadly swarm man.  >:(

I wonder how they found out about the new rules

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2007, 01:24:56 AM »

Madness??

THIS... IS... MUGEN!!!!!!!

I predict Mugen Guild is in for a World of hurt by the Community!! (Just Saying...) 

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2007, 01:28:14 AM »
lol..
this is the funniest thing ever happened in mugen LOL
I'm more a fan of the oohwhap saga but this is a CLOSE 2nd! ;D

All I can say is I'm shocked.  There is going to be lots of drama to this in the upcoming days...
I can't wait!!! There haven't been too many funny leecher requests here in a while.

Offline Kung Fu Man

• MUGEN Veteran
  • Last Login:August 05, 2018, 04:08:28 PM
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2007, 01:29:34 AM »
Guild's basically hung themselves most likely. There are more pissed people that actually give something than random oh-joy ers.

Though this is going to lead to a lotta crap while they're still around...

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2007, 01:31:19 AM »
I think the "requesting P.o.t.S. Ken" thing may be my fault, as I made a joke post over there about me requesting it. Then again, it's going to happen sooner or later.

But this new move *is* letting more players/leechers into Mugen.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline Kung Fu Man

• MUGEN Veteran
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2007, 01:41:53 AM »
I think the "requesting P.o.t.S. Ken" thing may be my fault, as I made a joke post over there about me requesting it. Then again, it's going to happen sooner or later.

You do realize the point of the community was to find balance for both sides, right? And I've been saying as of late that joints have gone too far one way in a lot of cases.

At this time I don't see Guild's current stance as one that screams "balanced for both sides"

Offline Barbary

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 29, 2009, 06:23:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2007, 01:42:04 AM »
...and there went all the creations I was looking forward to into the realm of PRIVATE!

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2007, 01:43:33 AM »
...and there went all the creations I was looking forward to into the realm of PRIVATE!
One forum's downfall can spoil the entire community.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 28, 2024, 12:10:06 AM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2007, 01:46:25 AM »
Well, now that my initial shock has worn off, I think everyone should remember we have rules different than MFG and that what goes down there will not here. What is funny about all of this is that it does not seem genuine to me. It seems like a sort of ploy to either prove a point or just a bunch of guys tired of all the inter-forum fights about this or that. There is no way to know unless there are any Guild insiders here (like Sepp) or until we continue watching everything unfold.

Offline yamblack

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 16, 2010, 11:50:15 PM
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2007, 02:02:03 AM »

Along with potential creators, etc.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2007, 02:12:56 AM »

Along with potential creators, etc.
i still think someone needs to go over there with an "omega shin lvl 2 leech hammer"

*looks for nick09.....

Bad idea. We do not want to contribute to any extra drama because they sure do not need that, nor do we want to be in that conversation because of affiliation should anyone one of those n00bs decide to cuss you out.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2007, 02:15:36 AM »

You do realize the point of the community was to find balance for both sides, right? And I've been saying as of late that joints have gone too far one way in a lot of cases.

At this time I don't see Guild's current stance as one that screams "balanced for both sides"

In all honesty, neither was it before the change. As much as I like New-Guild, some of the standards should have been kept.

Besides, not many care for balance in terms of how the "Mugen clans" are ran. The closest to a balance I've seen is this forum. MFG caters more to the new people now, while MI seems to suppress the flow of new people.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2007, 02:26:15 AM »
Well, now that my initial shock has worn off, I think everyone should remember we have rules different than MFG and that what goes down there will not here. What is funny about all of this is that it does not seem genuine to me. It seems like a sort of ploy to either prove a point or just a bunch of guys tired of all the inter-forum fights about this or that. There is no way to know unless there are any Guild insiders here (like Sepp) or until we continue watching everything unfold.

That is what I am thinking too. HOWEVER if that is indeed the case............if something REALLY bad goes down due to their "rule" changes, alot of the community will blame them EVEN if it was to prove a point. Is the mugen community restrictive, yea, but if the Guild tries to do what it wants with this........it is TOO free. Some policing is needed for this community. Their kinda of rules work if EVERYTHING was open source (which I think everything should be unless it is a original character). We shall see what happens, maybe my wish will happen and every mugen creator or new creator makes everything open source due to this, but I doubt it =\.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2007, 02:27:53 AM »
This is certainly an uncexpected turn of events. I never would have guessed my face was:  :o When I found out.

Offline dl316bh

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:January 01, 2011, 08:07:24 PM
  • The Metal God
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2007, 03:08:45 AM »
Most interesting... and quite distressing.

I fear that in retaliation to this, many creators will pull their works and make things private. Considering this is apparently one of the big forums in the MUGEN scene, such a radical shift to basically allowing warehousing might scare many top shelf creators away. Leeching and theivery have taken their toll as it is, but something like this?

This may have a very bad effect on the community. But I suppose, in the end, it is what it is, and there is little that can be done.

Time will tell, I suppose...

Offline dl316bh

• Infinity Faithful
  • The Metal God
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2007, 03:13:48 AM »
Heh heh heh.

Well, I only just now learned of this. I'm slightly baffled by this. With creator quitting and works switching to private at an all time high, of all the stunts to pull, this seems the most harebrained of them all.

It's as though they want to cause problems. I don't see any good really coming from this.

Offline !E

• Infinity Original
  • Last Login:October 19, 2019, 10:47:49 AM
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2007, 03:13:58 AM »
WTF!!!!! of all the bitching about infinity, now this?
Where's all the bitches that complain and deman that their character can not be request??!?

EERRRR.........

I should allow this place to be  los vegas with no restriction.

Offline dl316bh

• Infinity Faithful
  • The Metal God
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2007, 03:21:43 AM »
Well, for what it's worth, the ones I know had the biggest problems with Infinity have been Scruffydragon, and if they were to accept this and change their policies like that because of this, I'd probably die of heart failure. So I'm not sure if there's truely any hypocracy going on here, unless the Guild has bashed this place and I'm unaware of that.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2007, 03:27:51 AM »
The Guild bashed us at one time. Kept us on that permanent blacklist for a long time.

Anyway, That aside, I don't think the Scruffy's will care too much for what the Guild is doing and switch policies. It does not affect us here with the exception of the unrequestables list so I don't see why it should affect them other than making the Guild public enemy number 1 now... but I have a feeling that will not happen. I don't know though, I could be wrong and join you in the morgue when I die of heart failure also.  :P

Eternaga, let them take the brunt of the creators and mods and people who comprise up our whole MUGEN hobby. Do not add to the fire by changing us back to a "Las Vegas" site.  :-[

Offline Kung Fu Man

• MUGEN Veteran
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2007, 03:48:36 AM »
Zombie, there's still about 5 or 6 joints, not counting this one, that are 'major' and thus could easily expect refugees from this mess.

(Why the heck does everyone think MI and Guild are the whole community these days?)

Offline Lord Vader

• Restricted Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 19, 2011, 05:59:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2007, 03:54:30 AM »
I think the move is a fantastic one to be frank.  It was getting ridiculous when creators were asking ludicrous restrictions be put on their work. Hell, why does this sort of thing have to happen in the Mugen community? We don't see a major backlash and creators quitting because of their works being stolen in say, a community like simtropolis or filefront. Hopefully this will teach creators that this is the Internet. They can't have total control over their creations when they release it to the public on this domain. If they don't like that then they shouldn't create.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2007, 03:55:17 AM »
Zombie, there's still about 5 or 6 joints, not counting this one, that are 'major' and thus could easily expect refugees from this mess.

(Why the heck does everyone think MI and Guild are the whole community these days?)

Probably because we get the fed up refugees from those forums over here  :P

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2007, 03:57:54 AM »
I think the move is a fantastic one to be frank.  It was getting ridiculous when creators were asking ludicrous restrictions be put on their work. Hell, why does this sort of thing have to happen in the Mugen community? We don't see a major backlash and creators quitting because of their works being stolen in say, a community like simtropolis or filefront. Hopefully this will teach creators that this is the Internet. They can't have total control over their creations when they release it to the public on this domain. If they don't like that then they shouldn't create.

These are famous words from someone who has not created something as in-depth as a character before.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2007, 04:02:56 AM »

These are famous words from someone who has not created something as in-depth as a character before.

Oh let's not pull that "You don't know how it's like" argument now.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2007, 04:06:38 AM »

Oh let's not pull that "You don't know how it's like" argument now.

Let's just stay on topic. I don't feel like doing this here.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD