collapse

Author Topic: The Best Video Game Console on the Market  (Read 3609 times)

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 03, 2019, 06:10:28 PM
  • Don't Hate If You Cant Create
Re: The Best Video Game Console on the Market
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2008, 03:38:13 PM »
I have to say though, the motion sensing in ps3 pads is sh*t.

Learn to use one, i learnt to use the sh*t wii remote

Until I met you I didn't understand what a true fanboy was.  I don't personally really care about this debate but you should atleast tell the truth, your telling  :lies:
Its not just your opinion its  :lies: Lets just stick to the facts, Wii-Motion Sensor King PS3 Biggest Processor/With Blue Ray King.

fanboy? of what 360 or ps3 because iv never heard of one who has 2 rival console
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2008, 04:01:55 PM »
I my opinion when you purpose to hate something else, you become a fanboy.  You make me feel like you really hate the WII. Correct me if I'm wrong
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 03, 2019, 06:10:28 PM
  • Don't Hate If You Cant Create
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2008, 04:26:33 PM »
I my opinion when you purpose to hate something else, you become a fanboy.  You make me feel like you really hate the WII. Correct me if I'm wrong

No dont "hate" the wii my cousin has it and i like playing two games super smash and mario kart, but what i dont like is when people diss consoles like ps3 and 360 and say wii is better than them with such stupid reason.
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2008, 05:21:02 PM »
All i can say to make everyone's choice easier on to what to pick is this

Ps3- for hardcore players

xbox 360- casuals and shooters

wii- family

That is all ;)

You got PS3 and 360 mixed up, 360 is for hardcore gamers but thats not the reason why i have it
Ummm not i didn't becasue all hardcore gamers know especially fighters know that the ps3 controller is much better then the 360 controller and majority of harcore gamers on 360 are shooters then some fighters(DOA,SC4) and the reason i said hardcore for ps3 is becasue if you go into most stores where they sell ps3 and 360's, 360 or bought more becasue it is cheaper while ps3 is more expensive so only the reall hardcore ppl will pay for that no mothers with kids or children unless it was a b-day present plus it is a fact that more causals are on 360 then ps3 they even say that at e3 and major events and even sony says we focus on hardcore more then casuals. ;)

No offence... but do you even own both or even one of them, 360 is bought becuase it has better games the entire planet knows that, 360s controller is better than ps3 controller you need to have one to know that and wtf you mean ps3 is for hardcore gamers?? tell me a hardcore game in ps3..? and btw i dont like the term hardcore here i just think 360 is more of gaming console than ps3 but i would rather prefer a ps3 over it
Ok not to start any arguments i will answer you questions i a mature way. One i don't own any of them as of now but i have freinds that i play with regulary becasue were into tournaments and such. The reason the entire planet as you say knows or has a 360 is becasue microsoft was smart to release their system a year before ps3 so we all know that if that is the latest system out durnig that time everyone will buy it. Now i don't know if you go to tournaments or not major ones i mean and alot of game events major ones or watch them but 90% of gamers that play seriously for competition say over all that the ps3 controller is better in feel and layout. Now to answer you hadcore gamer question there are alot of hardcore games for ps3 for example- Guilty gear (GG), SC3 or SC4, Tekken dr, SF 3rd stike, MvsC2, and all those Snk games and such. Now shooter wise no but in torunaments were all hardcore gamers go you will not see a 360 unless it is a shooting game that we all know as halo and a fighting game called DOA. Now i don't know what you do or watch but if you do watch and attend these events like E3, EVO, Final Round, G4tv then you will know that what i am saying is true becasue even at e3 this year microsoft stressed that their system is aimed toward casuals and Sony stressted that their system is aimed at hardcore gamers. Now if anoyne out there on this site is a gamer and knows alot of info like i do you will know that i am not wrong becasue i am the guy that goes by the overall thing and facts so to not lead this into an argument everyone has their opinion on things but i assure you i am not saying this to be correct but to show you that i know what i am talking about and what is going on in the gaming community.

One statement You said is totally incorrect . Everyone has a 360 because it came out before the PS3 . Sega Dreamcast came out before PS2 , but yet everyone bought PS2 & it obviously won the battle . Everyone has a 360 because it is a better system .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2008, 05:25:17 PM »
I was just stating a fact when i said i was not talking about which system has the most sales but you are correct that did happen but it may happen again witht he ps3 vs 360 where ps3 pulss out in the end or vice versa. Anyways as far better system i can't really agree plus we really can't tell who is the better system till the lat few years of these new consoles technically wise ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2008, 07:34:48 PM »
I sense a fanboy fight.... :-$
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2008, 09:00:01 PM »
I sense a fanboy fight.... :-$
Sorry there will not be any fanboy fight ppl know me on here to be nice and respected so i dont want to ruin that everyone has their own opinion ;)

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2008, 11:01:51 PM »
this whole thread is kinda funny to me honestly. ps3 is not losing money trust me. it maybe was in the beggining which is probably when those wikipedia numbers came about. so dont you guys ever believe the ps3 is going bye bye and ont believe it ever will go bye bye. its just not gonna happen so the 360 owners out there can stop the rejoicing. and th eps3 is not a piece of crap. another thing i saw that was funny to me was when someone mentioned the games being sub par lol.....alot of the games go on both consoles but how is say one version different than the other when it comes to games such as madden? really a lot of ppl say oh the 360 version is better but how is that when the gameplay is the same on both console version. this very same thing applies to other games that came out on both consoles. ppl will say oh this one on the 360 and/or this one on the ps3 is better when really they are only saying it because of 1 to 3 reasons........they are 1) they hate ps3 and are looking for any opportunity to down the system  2) are 360 fanboys but will never admit it truthfully  3) are trying to make what they bought look better than the rest especially when they have someone to agree with them. point blank how dare some of you say ps3 is a piece of crap when its not by any means and how dare someone say that the only thing thats saving the ps3 is the blu ray when that is soooooooooooo not true. it has other features that are awesome that are reasons why others buy it. by the same token the same thing can be said about us ps3 owners on all accounts. not meant to spark wars. because though im a HUGE fan of Sony I like to look at all points and views but most of 360 owners comments about the other console (ps3) are biased though most arent going to admit that. i mean seriously you would really go through all that wikipedia crap just to try and prove a point that you arent really proving because thats not constant numbers that they keep track of which therefore makes it invalid to even pose as an argument. try getting the actual numbers of Sony and by that i mean from Sony themselves and not wikipedia then u can use that. in truth the whole console war is meaningless and for nothing at all. its like comparing cars....oh mine is better than yours because its has cooler paint or cuz mine is faster than yours (attempt at sarcasm)

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2008, 11:30:56 PM »
this whole thread is kinda funny to me honestly. ps3 is not losing money trust me. it maybe was in the beggining which is probably when those wikipedia numbers came about. so dont you guys ever believe the ps3 is going bye bye and ont believe it ever will go bye bye. its just not gonna happen so the 360 owners out there can stop the rejoicing. and th eps3 is not a piece of crap. another thing i saw that was funny to me was when someone mentioned the games being sub par lol.....alot of the games go on both consoles but how is say one version different than the other when it comes to games such as madden? really a lot of ppl say oh the 360 version is better but how is that when the gameplay is the same on both console version. this very same thing applies to other games that came out on both consoles. ppl will say oh this one on the 360 and/or this one on the ps3 is better when really they are only saying it because of 1 to 3 reasons........they are 1) they hate ps3 and are looking for any opportunity to down the system  2) are 360 fanboys but will never admit it truthfully  3) are trying to make what they bought look better than the rest especially when they have someone to agree with them. point blank how dare some of you say ps3 is a piece of crap when its not by any means and how dare someone say that the only thing thats saving the ps3 is the blu ray when that is soooooooooooo not true. it has other features that are awesome that are reasons why others buy it. by the same token the same thing can be said about us ps3 owners on all accounts. not meant to spark wars. because though im a HUGE fan of Sony I like to look at all points and views but most of 360 owners comments about the other console (ps3) are biased though most arent going to admit that. i mean seriously you would really go through all that wikipedia crap just to try and prove a point that you arent really proving because thats not constant numbers that they keep track of which therefore makes it invalid to even pose as an argument. try getting the actual numbers of Sony and by that i mean from Sony themselves and not wikipedia then u can use that. in truth the whole console war is meaningless and for nothing at all. its like comparing cars....oh mine is better than yours because its has cooler paint or cuz mine is faster than yours (attempt at sarcasm)

Yeah? Well, my car has five wheels. What now?  :D

Seriously though,  ^^(PM)^
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2008, 01:38:59 AM »

wii- family

That is all ;)

You got PS3 and 360 mixed up, 360 is for hardcore gamers but thats not the reason why i have it
Ummm not i didn't becasue all hardcore gamers know especially fighters know that the ps3 controller is much better then the 360 controller and majority of harcore gamers on 360 are shooters then some fighters(DOA,SC4) and the reason i said hardcore for ps3 is becasue if you go into most stores where they sell ps3 and 360's, 360 or bought more becasue it is cheaper while ps3 is more expensive so only the reall hardcore ppl will pay for that no mothers with kids or children unless it was a b-day present plus it is a fact that more causals are on 360 then ps3 they even say that at e3 and major events and even sony says we focus on hardcore more then casuals. ;)

No offence... but do you even own both or even one of them, 360 is bought becuase it has better games the entire planet knows that, 360s controller is better than ps3 controller you need to have one to know that and wtf you mean ps3 is for hardcore gamers?? tell me a hardcore game in ps3..? and btw i dont like the term hardcore here i just think 360 is more of gaming console than ps3 but i would rather prefer a ps3 over it
Ok not to start any arguments i will answer you questions i a mature way. One i don't own any of them as of now but i have freinds that i play with regulary becasue were into tournaments and such. The reason the entire planet as you say knows or has a 360 is becasue microsoft was smart to release their system a year before ps3 so we all know that if that is the latest system out durnig that time everyone will buy it. Now i don't know if you go to tournaments or not major ones i mean and alot of game events major ones or watch them but 90% of gamers that play seriously for competition say over all that the ps3 controller is better in feel and layout. Now to answer you hadcore gamer question there are alot of hardcore games for ps3 for example- Guilty gear (GG), SC3 or SC4, Tekken dr, SF 3rd stike, MvsC2, and all those Snk games and such. Now shooter wise no but in torunaments were all hardcore gamers go you will not see a 360 unless it is a shooting game that we all know as halo and a fighting game called DOA. Now i don't know what you do or watch but if you do watch and attend these events like E3, EVO, Final Round, G4tv then you will know that what i am saying is true becasue even at e3 this year microsoft stressed that their system is aimed toward casuals and Sony stressted that their system is aimed at hardcore gamers. Now if anoyne out there on this site is a gamer and knows alot of info like i do you will know that i am not wrong becasue i am the guy that goes by the overall thing and facts so to not lead this into an argument everyone has their opinion on things but i assure you i am not saying this to be correct but to show you that i know what i am talking about and what is going on in the gaming community.

One statement You said is totally incorrect . Everyone has a 360 because it came out before the PS3 . Sega Dreamcast came out before PS2 , but yet everyone bought PS2 & it obviously won the battle . Everyone has a 360 because it is a better system .

its time to educate you my friend. what he said is true. the only reason the 360 has a lead is because it came out sooner. the ps3 outsold the 360 last year and it has outsold it this year so far. the 360 lead is only in the US, and the ps3 has won 5 out 7 months that we have data for. here are npd results for the month of july.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19856

Nintendo DS - 608.4K
Wii - 555K
PlayStation 3 - 224.9K
PlayStation Portable - 221.7K
Xbox 360 - 204.8K
Playstation 2 - 155.5K

as you can see the ps3 beat in sales. even with the $300 pro in mid july the $400 dollar and $500 dollar blu ray beat the 360 in sales.

here are june's numbers, it came in dead last. it sold less than the psp. and the ps3 outsold it almost by 2 times

http://pspupdates.qj.net/NPD-Group-releases-June-2008-results/pg/49/aid/122308

* Nintendo DS- 783,000
    * Wii- 666,700
    * PlayStation 3 - 405,500
    * PSP - 337,400
    * Xbox 360 - 219,800

the 360 lead is gone in europe and the 360 is behind in japan. here are japans last week sales.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/22/japanese-xbox-360-sales-fall-back-to-earth/

DS Lite 78,666
PSP 64,413
Wii 53,036
PS3 11,393
PS2 10,168
Xbox 360 7,358

Offline R.I.C.O - Twon

• I llu M ina T i
  • Last Login:August 25, 2013, 10:18:26 PM
  • WHOOP R.I.C.O!!!
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2008, 02:00:30 AM »
I like the 360 the best, but the PS3 has crazy potential...give it about a year or two

By the way, I have a 360 only.

Also, Xbox Live is piff lol
OMGZ My e-feelings!!! (cheekslap)

Offline aristotle

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 24, 2013, 05:36:53 PM
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2008, 02:01:13 AM »
ur numbers clearly show that wii sells the most. especially in asia. so does that mean that the wii is a better system than the rest?

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2008, 02:39:21 AM »
absolutely not to answer your question though not addressed to me. it just means the reason why it was bought more is cuz its the cheapest of the 3 big consoles which is true is it not? see nintendo did theirs the smartest of them all. sell the wii for less cash have many accessories to cover the money we lost but jack up the price on accessories. then have ds cover cost of console and its paying off big time. sells dont make a system better imo.

Offline aristotle

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 24, 2013, 05:36:53 PM
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2008, 02:54:24 AM »
absolutely not to answer your question though not addressed to me. it just means the reason why it was bought more is cuz its the cheapest of the 3 big consoles which is true is it not? see nintendo did theirs the smartest of them all. sell the wii for less cash have many accessories to cover the money we lost but jack up the price on accessories. then have ds cover cost of console and its paying off big time. sells dont make a system better imo.

i completely agree with everything you said. i've owned all 3 systems and bought most of the accessories for all three systems, and I've got to say they all basically = the same $$$ after getting everything minus the games. for fun household/drunk multiplayer games i'd go for Wii. for shooters and sports games i go with 360. and for the rest i go with PS3. currently i don't have any of them since i just don't have the time to play, but if i ever get a chance to pick one up again, i'd definitely go for the PS3.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2008, 06:50:59 AM »

wii- family

That is all ;)

its time to educate you my friend. what he said is true. the only reason the 360 has a lead is because it came out sooner. the ps3 outsold the 360 last year and it has outsold it this year so far. the 360 lead is only in the US, and the ps3 has won 5 out 7 months that we have data for. here are npd results for the month of july.

Nintendo DS - 608.4K
Wii - 555K
PlayStation 3 - 224.9K
Xbox 360 - 204.8K
Playstation 2 - 155.5K

as you can see the ps3 beat in sales. even with the $300 pro in mid july the $400 dollar and $500 dollar blu ray beat the 360 in sales.

here are june's numbers, it came in dead last. it sold less than the psp. and the ps3 outsold it almost by 2 times

* Nintendo DS- 783,000
    * Wii- 666,700
    * PSP - 337,400
    * Xbox 360 - 219,800

the 360 lead is gone in europe and the 360 is behind in japan. here are japans last week sales.

DS Lite 78,666
PSP 64,413
Wii 53,036
PS3 11,393
PS2 10,168
Xbox 360 7,358

Sony fanboys  :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie That funniest thing .

If anything by the statement donald is making , I would want to be the one to say PS3 is the greatest because I bought it the day it came out for $600 . I actually camped out for the system for 3 days . donald's  theory " because that's what you have , you want to make it sound better " That just doesn't fly with me . I would want to jusyify it more than anyone else . But I can't , it's the worst thing I've ever spent money on & regret it to this day .  I have all 3 systems & the PS3 sits in the box . I am not a Sony hater , I loved the PS2 & the PS1 . PS3 is just garbage right now .

The theory that the 360 came out first still doesn't fly . I know alot of people who seen the PS3 & that's when they bought there 360 . People had the choice to buy either at the time & bought the 360 .
Now as for the numbers , yeah sony definately has the edge in Japan . Japanese hate on Microsoft . That's just the way it is . They love Nintendo & Sony . Sony's figures are very padded because alot of PS3's actually sold because they are blue ray players . I know people that aren't even gamers that bought a PS3 just to have a cheap blue ray player . Too bad cheap is what it is . The final outcome of there decision will probably be bad . Because in the end that cheap tawain blue ray drive inside that thing will die & it will be money wasted . But by then Blue Ray players will be $100 anyway . I would never watch movies on a sony game system . Talk about a drive killer . They have been putting cheap drives/parts in their systems since PS1 & still haven't learned . Because of greed they want to make more money & don't care if the thing dies later on . At least Microsoft buys real drives for their system . Xbox's & 360's have had Hitachi , Samsung  & Phillips in them . Nintendo even learned from Sony's mistakes . The Wii I'm pretty sure has a hitachi drive in it .

Bottom line is I am a fan boy of no company . the fan boys are usually guys that can only afford one & are forced to make a choice . I buy them all & but , play what I like . I have choice . The PS3 sits with the forgotten systems of the past in my house , right next to the 3DO . Both are pretty bad systems in my opinion . Hell , I actually played something on the 3DO last week , but didn't fire up the PS3 at all .

(click to show/hide)

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:October 22, 2017, 05:52:53 PM
  • Back from the Ether
    • shinrahunter  *or* TwoDrunkDudes
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2008, 10:15:06 AM »
Just goes to show everybody's different I guess. In europe the PS3 has definately overtaken the 360 for sales and popularity. granted it has it's flaws such as a terrible wirless unit and the horror that it the six axis controller but I disagree with your claim that fanboys are the ones who can only afford one console.... I mean I only have the ps3 but I don't for a second deny wanting to play smash bros or gears of war. I grew up playing consoles and owning each one that was available, it's just that now as a grown up I have less money due to bills etc and have had to choose. I would love to get a 360 but it isn't viable for me as I'm emigrating & I couldn't justify buying a console like the wii just to play one game.

I think they're both good (360 & ps3) but I'm torn... the 360 has peaked and the ps3 is plowing on planning it's next (slow) move forward step by step. It has the potential to be a truely great machine, Sony just need to pull their fingers out and prove the ps3 worthy of the ps title.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2008, 11:54:08 AM »

wii- family

That is all ;)

Nintendo DS - 608.4K
Wii - 555K
PlayStation 3 - 224.9K
Xbox 360 - 204.8K
Playstation 2 - 155.5K

* Nintendo DS- 783,000
  * Wii- 666,700
  * PSP - 337,400
  * Xbox 360 - 219,800

DS Lite 78,666
PSP 64,413
Wii 53,036
PS3 11,393
PS2 10,168
Xbox 360 7,358

Sony fanboys  :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie That funniest thing .

If anything by the statement donald is making , I would want to be the one to say PS3 is the greatest because I bought it the day it came out for $600 . I actually camped out for the system for 3 days . donald's  theory " because that's what you have , you want to make it sound better " That just doesn't fly with me . I would want to jusyify it more than anyone else . But I can't , it's the worst thing I've ever spent money on & regret it to this day . I have all 3 systems & the PS3 sits in the box . I am not a Sony hater , I loved the PS2 & the PS1 . PS3 is just garbage right now .

The theory that the 360 came out first still doesn't fly . I know alot of people who seen the PS3 & that's when they bought there 360 . People had the choice to buy either at the time & bought the 360 .
Now as for the numbers , yeah sony definately has the edge in Japan . Japanese hate on Microsoft . That's just the way it is . They love Nintendo & Sony . Sony's figures are very padded because alot of PS3's actually sold because they are blue ray players . I know people that aren't even gamers that bought a PS3 just to have a cheap blue ray player . Too bad cheap is what it is . The final outcome of there decision will probably be bad . Because in the end that cheap tawain blue ray drive inside that thing will die & it will be money wasted . But by then Blue Ray players will be $100 anyway . I would never watch movies on a sony game system . Talk about a drive killer . They have been putting cheap drives/parts in their systems since PS1 & still haven't learned . Because of greed they want to make more money & don't care if the thing dies later on . At least Microsoft buys real drives for their system . Xbox's & 360's have had Hitachi , Samsung  & Phillips in them . Nintendo even learned from Sony's mistakes . The Wii I'm pretty sure has a hitachi drive in it .

Bottom line is I am a fan boy of no company . the fan boys are usually guys that can only afford one & are forced to make a choice . I buy them all & but , play what I like . I have choice . The PS3 sits with the forgotten systems of the past in my house , right next to the 3DO . Both are pretty bad systems in my opinion . Hell , I actually played something on the 3DO last week , but didn't fire up the PS3 at all .

look in the mirror darktaliban. I am not the one saying that the 360 is crap and the ps3 is the better in every way. I actually said the 360 has better games than the ps3. I was trying to show you that right now it seems the only reason the 360 is ahead is because it was released sooner. so far the ps3 has beaten in sales everywhere. you just talk but have no sources to back it up. plus you are a pretty ignorant fanboy with statements like these.

anectodal evidence should never be used in an argument unless you can prove it. Guess what I saw someone who was buying a 360 but then saw the ps3 and threw the 360 out of the store and bought the ps3.

Because in the end that cheap tawain blue ray drive inside that thing will die & it will be money wasted .

the ps3 is the best blu ray player on the market for 500 dollars.

http://kotaku.com/340668/ps3-is-still-the-blu+ray-player-to-buy

http://gizmodo.com/370116/coming-blu+ray-20-update-makes-ps3-best-player-ever

I would never watch movies on a sony game system . Talk about a drive killer . They have been putting cheap drives/parts in their systems since PS1 & still haven't learned . Because of greed they want to make more money & don't care if the thing dies later on . At least Microsoft buys real drives for their system . Xbox's & 360's have had Hitachi , Samsung  & Phillips in them . Nintendo even learned from Sony's mistakes . The Wii I'm pretty sure has a hitachi drive in it .

Holy crap are you serious? the ps3 has around a 1 or 2 percent failure rate. the 360 on the other hand well I am sure you have heard about rrod. I have had 3 360's die on me. the failure rate on the 360's is just plain wrong.

Failure Rate: Xbox 360 High As 33% - Sony PS3 & Nintendo Wii Less Than 1%

http://www.ripten.com/2007/07/03/failure-rate-xbox-360-high-as-33-sony-ps3-less-than-1/

Because of greed they want to make more money & don't care if the thing dies later on .
lol

hilarious when the 360 has the highest rate of failure.

also who charges for online play? who charges for gamerpics and themes? which console does not come with wi-fi and if you want to have it its going to cost you 100 dollar? who charges for music videos? which console comes with controller that don't have rechargable batteries? MS charges for a crap load of things. 

if you are gonna argue about what console is better please have sources to back up what you are saying. I just disproved your whole argument.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2008, 01:22:50 PM »
Well i atleast i know i am not the only who knows what is really going on in the gaming industry plus thank you Dennis for showing that i wasn't talking rubbish ;)

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2008, 01:26:46 PM »
donaldb22 The one thing I have to say about your arguement on whether a game made on ps3 and xbox360 is better on the 360 or not is check www.gametrailers.com Watch the comparison videos for some of the games. Notice how watered down the ps3 version is on some of the games? My point exactly. But I still will be getting a PS3 around October because of games like Heavenly sword,MGS4,GOW3. So please if you wanna disprove this back it up. Ive seen atleast 5 videos (cant get them right now because Gametrailers videos wont play on my comp) but just search for them, they are there.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2008, 01:35:41 PM »
Well i atleast i know i am not the only who knows what is really going on in the gaming industry plus thank you Dennis for showing that i wasn't talking rubbish ;)

your welcome. darktaliban is just talking but not backing it up in any ways and he makes really uniformed statements.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2008, 02:00:48 PM »
OK I am done with this discussion . Already things are being thrown around like  " ignorant fanboy . " Not once was I calling anyone any names . Besides , If I was an ignorant fanboy I would be die hard Sony because I was all about the PS2 & PS1 . Even though they both had cheap tawain drives in them that died after time depending on how much use they had .

As for the rrod ? It has to do with the solder heating up & cracking . Nothing to do with Cheap parts like Sony uses . Microsoft covers the repair under warranty .  The PS3 hasn't been out long anough to fail & most people's sit there like mine does , so of course they won't die . Give it time , though . When Metal Gear came out & the system was being played , more situations of the yellow light of death started to come up . Sony did a really stupid move . Putting the power brick inside the system . The brick converts the voltage down . How is that extra voltage transferred ? As heat & it's inside the system . Watch the failure rate of the PS3 pick up when people start playing it more .

You got your little links that say PS3 is the best blue ray player for 500 ? Look around you can find many sites that say the PS3 components are junk . 

I'm not going to search the net to find proof , because I have better things to do with my life . Plus I'm living through it . I've probably had every system that came out within the past ten years apart . I know what's inside each .

Like I said I'm done with this converstion because I see what it's escalating into .  Why do I even care about what the Sony fanboy's say ? I have all the systems since release day for the most part . I have my choice to play whatever one I want . Unfortunately the PS3 was just a waste of money for me . I'm more likely to hook up a Colecovision within the next few months before I hook that thing up .

(click to show/hide)

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2008, 02:10:49 PM »
OK I am done with this discussion . Already things are being thrown around like  " ignorant fanboy . " Not once was I calling anyone any names . Besides , If I was an ignorant fanboy I would be die hard Sony because I was all about the PS2 & PS1 . Even though they both had cheap tawain drives in them that died after time depending on how much use they had .

As for the rrod ? It has to do with the solder heating up & cracking . Nothing to do with Cheap parts like Sony uses . Microsoft covers the repair under warranty . The PS3 hasn't been out long anough to fail & most people's sit there like mine does , so of course they won't die . Give it time , though . When Metal Gear came out & the system was being played , more situations of the yellow light of death started to come up . Sony did a really stupid move . Putting the power brick inside the system . The brick converts the voltage down . How is that extra voltage transferred ? As heat & it's inside the system . Watch the failure rate of the PS3 pick up when people start playing it more .

You got your little links that say PS3 is the best blue ray player for 500 ? Look around you can find many sites that say the PS3 components are junk .

I'm not going to search the net to find proof , because I have better things to do with my life . Plus I'm living through it . I've probably had every system that came out within the past ten years apart . I know what's inside each .

Like I said I'm done with this converstion because I see what it's escalating into . Why do I even care about what the Sony fanboy's say ? I have all the systems since release day for the most part . I have my choice to play whatever one I want . Unfortunately the PS3 was just a waste of money for me . I'm more likely to hook up a Colecovision within the next few months before I hook that thing up .

yeah calling me a sony fanboy is not name calling. again nothing to back up your claims. you are a fanboy of not backing up your claims and making ridicolous statements. I hope this is not how you argue in real life.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2008, 02:17:48 PM »
Btw just wanted to say i am not mad or angry at anyone on here i was just posting my opinion ;)

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2008, 02:22:18 PM »
Btw just wanted to say i am not mad or angry at anyone on here i was just posting my opinion ;)

neither am I. I am just backing up what I say. oh and I leave you guys with the definiton of fanboy.

A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.

notice who called who fanboy first. with his oh sony fanboys comment.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2008, 02:27:14 PM »
donaldb22 The one thing I have to say about your arguement on whether a game made on ps3 and xbox360 is better on the 360 or not is check www.gametrailers.com Watch the comparison videos for some of the games. Notice how watered down the ps3 version is on some of the games? My point exactly. But I still will be getting a PS3 around October because of games like Heavenly sword,MGS4,GOW3. So please if you wanna disprove this back it up. Ive seen atleast 5 videos (cant get them right now because Gametrailers videos wont play on my comp) but just search for them, they are there.
thats why i mentioned games like madden...madden can never be watered down on either console (ps3 and 360) cuz the gameplay is the same.  others maybe u see the difference but its not like is EPIC unless we are talking scIV microsoft cheating and getting vader too. u cant please everyone with the ps3. if ppl hate the ps3 so much why do they buy one. isnt that kinda of silly. thats not directed at u darkgargos cuz u said right now its garbage and i respect your opinion on that. if u really dont play it then sell it to someone who will put it to use.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar