collapse

Author Topic: Darkwing Duck WIP  (Read 6006 times)

Offline iDramaboy

• World Of Megman Creator
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 13, 2012, 07:46:10 PM
  • Megaman Creator
    • My Forum
    • Email
Re: Darkwing Duck WIP
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2008, 07:33:07 PM »
ok i found out how to change graphics gale to 8bit and all my sprites seem to be fine, i tried gimp, but i can't stand the set up, is gimp1 better than gimp2 cause thats what i got.  oh and mspaint is cool but i've found that graphics gale is like paint with better zoom, layers, and a way to see frames in series, which is kind of important when you are scratch animating/spriting if i was just doing edits paint would be fine be since its scratch i'm gonna stick with G.G. just cause im used to it now.

does anyone know of a good Palette tutorial or have a good knowledge of palette creation that could help me understand,  im kinda confused about how it works, especially about adding effects and stuff like that.

I dont know much about it either but I could tell you what I learned....the fx gotta go behind all yo sprites character sprites or it will mess it up....you can make em with fighter factory at the top that paint thing....you start out with cho default and you can just make the rest of them from yo default.....like just change the colors you want changed than when you save just change the name...and dont forget to put it on the def....the name

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 13, 2011, 01:10:40 AM
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2008, 08:23:04 PM »
coding question time.   is it possible to make a projectile bounce,   

I currently have DW shooting a gas grenade (in the futer he will say suck gas when he does this)
anyway using the projectile's velocity along with an accel command i have made the grenade appear to fall do to gravity,  is there a way to make it bounce by seting a specific height(the ground) in which the velocity and acceleration reset to a new value?? maybe using a a variable or something, i'm really not familiar with those type of commands.  I'm gonna try some more stuff, but if anyone knows hook it up

**edit

i'm pretty sure you can use a series of velset commands, but can't get it to work.   oh and im hoping not to make the grenade a helper, but i know its an option.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:34:56 PM by LameLikeMike »

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2008, 10:40:16 PM »
wow sorry if im ages late on this but i cant belive someone makin a darkwing duck. good luck on him and everything. LET's GET DANGEROUS!

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline PGreedRGB

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 27, 2019, 12:07:45 AM
  • I will shine in blue, cuz I am the Diamond Azul
    • PG's Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2008, 10:17:08 PM »
omg r u serious?!?!?!?!?

tell you what, it would be awsome if you put gizmo duck in it
Kim Possible - 12%

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2008, 03:36:33 AM »
omg r u serious?!?!?!?!?

tell you what, it would be awsome if you put gizmo duck in it

I mentioned him earlier and he will be in the char in some form

**update**
I've been out of town and so not working on DWD,  also i've been working on a private WIP, and just got back from seeing the Dark Knight!!   OMG OMG OMG OMG . . . GO SEE DARK KNIGHT ASAP!
 >:-(-|

but anyway I'll hopefully be finishing up the get hit animations in the next week or two, I'm about half done with roughs but don't have much time to work

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2008, 10:42:20 PM »
  I just wanted to let everyone know I haven't stopped working on DWD, i know how common it is in the Mugen community for new people to come in, start something cool, then realize how much work it is and quit. I've done more work than what I'm showing today, but I wouldn't consider any of it "ready to show" I will say this though

-I have a Correctly sized Bushroot Sprite ready to start animating

-I have Rough Standing get hit anims

-I have taken a second pass to the gun animations, adding smoke to the after shot frames, and giving the gun a more "accurate to the show" look.

-I have begun work on two intros that i feel are a must for the character, but won't be showing these off any time soon, if at all. sorry to tell and not show but a couple people have seen these and can feel free to give a potential coolness rating if they care to do so.

anyways, here is a anim that, isn't quite polished enough for my liking to call "finished" but its getting there(this is my first pass)

oh and i wanted to get some opinions, on a the plan i was thinking of.
-ok so i was thinking when i get to the point where i have only polishing to do on about 95% of the sprites(maybe less, maybe more) i was thinking I would release an alpha build, coded by me to show good coders, the kind of sprites they would have to work with if they were to code my DWD. The Alpha build would only include: Portraits, Movements, GetHits, Normal Attacks, some supers and probably a part of the SuperVillains Hyper I've been talking about. Meaning it would not include, the things I'm keeping secret from most of the community including: Intros, Endings, other Hypers, maybe a few Supers

I was hoping this would be a good way to get someone good, who is gonna work as hard as i have/am on the character giving me more options than just the few people that care enough to check my thread regularly. I wouldn't be done spriting, it would just be the point where I could use a second person to finish the character strong. It would be awesome to get someone like Acey or O Ilu, but realistically I just want someone who i think could do better than I could,(which isn't saying much)

if you guys think this is a dumb idea, you can tell me, my feelings won't be hurt.

ps hope you like the Anim, i don't know exactly what its for yet, probably a few things, but its currently a taunt.

Offline Frenchman

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 08, 2009, 06:59:14 AM
    • Cartoon Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Darkwing Duck WIP (NewAnim+a little update)
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2008, 01:27:32 AM »
yeah his taunt anim looks great
Best of luck with this
yeah giving out an alpha build would probably attract some good coders to help you finish it off
your better of doing most of the coding you will feel like you have accomplished more when its done

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2008, 02:04:22 AM »
your better of doing most of the coding you will feel like you have accomplished more when its done
Yeah I feel like the more involved in it the better, but at the same time collaboration, in my experience, is always for the better.  I am still just an artist, trying to learn to code.  I mean, I don't see many coders, attempting to make quality scratch sprites, it just doesn't come naturally to them. in the same way I know and I'm comfortable with the fact that there will always be coders that are better than me, and also who enjoy it more than I do. Not to mention the less Time I spend coding, the more time I spend spriting which translates to more characters that aren't just versions of characters we have already played as in fighting games.

***please note that I mean no disrespect to those of you making characters from capcom or snk sprites, those characters are often amazing, but they are not the kind of characters I love mugen for.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2008, 02:21:54 AM »
I agree with you . I am the same thing , An artist learning coding . Right now I am coding Medieval Spawn . But I know when all the sprites are done I will be sending them out for a real coder to do .

BTW Bushroot looks great !  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Frenchman

• Initiate
    • Cartoon Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2008, 04:01:25 AM »
As difficult as coding may seem it only gets easier the more you do it and there is many great tutorials out there to help you learn

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2008, 05:10:10 AM »
As difficult as coding may seem it only gets easier the more you do it and there is many great tutorials out there to help you learn
don't worry in the future i will be coding more and more, but as for DWD i want to work with someone who has some experience since its my first real character. I want him to be a good character instead of just a good first character.

Offline CroRumery

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 25, 2008, 02:36:50 PM
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2008, 06:57:26 AM »
That looks really good. Do you need like .wav files for the speeches or anything? I do nothing all day. So if you need them I might be able to find some. If not. That's cool too. Any ETA when this guy will be done? I agree the bushroot animation looks very good. I never knew of any DW sprites out there. If you did them by yourself. I'm highly impressed. Good luck with your character, man. I'll check back often. =D   Also, love the Negaduck pallete! =D

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2008, 08:01:45 AM »
That looks really good. Do you need like .wav files for the speeches or anything? I do nothing all day. So if you need them I might be able to find some. If not. That's cool too. Any ETA when this guy will be done? I agree the bushroot animation looks very good. I never knew of any DW sprites out there. If you did them by yourself. I'm highly impressed. Good luck with your character, man. I'll check back often. =D   Also, love the Negaduck pallete! =D
yeah, they are from scratch, and thank you. as for the wav files, thats still pretty far off, but i appreciate the offer. I saw that someone put a tut up for how to rip youtube sounds. I don't know how well it works, but if I can get that to work well I will be getting almost all my dw show sounds in that way, and have been taking some notes of episodes with good sound clips and stuff. The final project is still quite a ways off, but i am thankful for your excitement.

anyway, i worked a little on the bushroot stuff last night. both the anims need a bit more work but heres what i got so far

thats BR's faithful companion Spike, if you didn't know already. he is a bit off axis but you get the idea.

I am thinking the part of the hyper that features bushroot will be similar to the symbiote onslaught hyper where he sends venom, spidey and something else past the player. except obviously not as strong, you can only send one thing at opponent(each with different speed strength and collision box size), and will feature the choice of sending spike, the vampire potato, and another plant, either corn, a flower, or trees.

Offline Frenchman

• Initiate
    • Cartoon Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2008, 08:11:52 AM »
The Bushroot animation looks great
Good work

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2008, 08:21:13 AM »
You have done an amazing progress on this character and all of these villians. =D>
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

Offline CroRumery

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 25, 2008, 02:36:50 PM
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2008, 12:14:30 PM »
It was only because you were doing one of my favorite child-hood heros. :D

Offline fer619

• Angry Bird
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 18, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
  • ANGRY BIRDZ GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • fer619's Hideout
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »
You have done an amazing progress on this character and all of these villians. =D>

i agree  :thumbsup:
(click to show/hide)

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2008, 08:54:56 PM »
Frozen:

Offline iDramaboy

• World Of Megman Creator
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 13, 2012, 07:46:10 PM
  • Megaman Creator
    • My Forum
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2008, 09:20:12 PM »
thats really good
you work really fast
keep up the good work

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2008, 10:08:16 PM »
Frozen:

This frozen sprite is truly amazing !  :o :thumbsup:

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Slayer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 09, 2016, 02:11:11 AM
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2008, 12:23:59 AM »
I'm Gonna Love This Char!
Please Take Your Time And Make Him Awesome!!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 24, 2024, 06:38:44 AM
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2008, 04:23:21 AM »
All of the new stuff looks fantastic, man. I would only suggest to give his frozen sprite a full frosted look on the character (even icicles coming off the beak). I think it would make it look better, and it would be a good way to avoid putting more colors on his palette. All great stuff though, keep it up. :thumbsup:

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Darkmanx_429

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2020, 04:33:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2008, 07:34:10 AM »
Super awesome, is Gizmo Duck gonna make a helper appearance?

Offline Frenchman

• Initiate
    • Cartoon Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2008, 07:54:24 AM »
I'm Gonna Love This Char!
Please Take Your Time And Make Him Awesome!!!

yeah definantly the longer you take the better he will turn out

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2008, 04:11:48 PM »
All of the new stuff looks fantastic, man. I would only suggest to give his frozen sprite a full frosted look on the character (even icicles coming off the beak). I think it would make it look better, and it would be a good way to avoid putting more colors on his palette. All great stuff though, keep it up. :thumbsup:

yeah this ice cube frozen sprite was inspired by a part of the show where he actually was frozen in the show, I would be lyin if i said i knew a lot(anything) about palettes though, so if you'd like to elaborate, it could only  help my character be better.

if you are refering to there being no transition between the giant ice cube and him just standing, i was planning on doing like 2 becoming frozen sprites and then more ice crumbling and crackin sprites to be used as well.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal