collapse

Author Topic: Shadow The Hedgehog  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Re: Shadow The Hedgehog
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 04:48:44 PM »
He had too much of a story from the start, and the fact that he had power to rival Sonic assured him in any sequel.
He became Sonic's Vegeta,
Sonic's Sasuke.
He became the other main character in the series since his appearance.
Besides. He couldn't die from it because one of 3 things would have kept him from dying.
1. He's immortal.
2. He was in super form.
3. He could easily use Chaos Control in that condition.

You got a point there, 1-3 aint bad, He was not in Super forum, after he used Chaos control to teleport the ark, he used up all his power and went back to normal, he was weak an unconsious so he could not use Chaos Control, it shows him fallin in his normal form!

Diago's right on all three counterpoints. For all intents and purposes, he was finished. But people crave the anti-hero, same reason why alot of people like Vegeta more than Goku, and Sasuke more than Naruto. At one point it was Knuckles, but then they took away his super form.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 08:55:19 PM »
He had too much of a story from the start, and the fact that he had power to rival Sonic assured him in any sequel.
Sonic's Sasuke.
Besides. He couldn't die from it because one of 3 things would have kept him from dying.
1. He's immortal.
2. He was in super form.

You got a point there, 1-3 aint bad, He was not in Super forum, after he used Chaos control to teleport the ark, he used up all his power and went back to normal, he was weak an unconsious so he could not use Chaos Control, it shows him fallin in his normal form!

Diago's right on all three counterpoints. For all intents and purposes, he was finished.
Watch this.

When he's falling you hear a ding.
You don't see him burn like you would when the characters fall to earth when you fall on the space levels.
Also you hear a similar sound when the ark reappears from the chaos control.
They didn't show a body at the end, or any of the characters going to his funeral or grave, and I'm not a wiz about immortality, but usually when you're immortal, you can't die.
Age is a part of being mortal, so I'm certain if you were ageless, that wouldn't make you immortal. Immortal is more like, putting your arm into a wood chucker, and watch the chucker get shredded. Although some fictions seem to make immortality by making weaknesses, like in Highlander, the only way you can die is if you get your head chopped off by another person who is immortal, sure you can get stabbed in the chest, bleed like no tomorrow, and the only way your going to die is if your getting your head chopped off by another immortal.
Then there was an episode of the Twilight Zone (it was either TZ or Outer Limits), where some guy is able to live without aging, but he dies and turns into a skeleton if he gets mortally impaled.

Immortality is actually kind of a all or nothing thing.
Either you can't die, or you can.
Not "you can't age", not "you can't have your head chopped off by another."
Either nothing can make you die, or everything can.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 09:06:26 PM »
Sonic's Sasuke.
1. He's immortal.
2. He was in super form.

Diago's right on all three counterpoints. For all intents and purposes, he was finished.
Watch this.

You don't see him burn like you would when the characters fall to earth when you fall on the space levels.
They didn't show a body at the end, or any of the characters going to his funeral or grave, and I'm not a wiz about immortality, but usually when you're immortal, you can't die.
Age is a part of being mortal, so I'm certain if you were ageless, that wouldn't make you immortal. Immortal is more like, putting your arm into a wood chucker, and watch the chucker get shredded. Although some fictions seem to make immortality by making weaknesses, like in Highlander, the only way you can die is if you get your head chopped off by another person who is immortal, sure you can get stabbed in the chest, bleed like no tomorrow, and the only way your going to die is if your getting your head chopped off by another immortal.
Then there was an episode of the Twilight Zone (it was either TZ or Outer Limits), where some guy is able to live without aging, but he dies and turns into a skeleton if he gets mortally impaled.

Why did they make you mod!?  o.O# Just becouse he's not on flames as he falls doesnt mean anything, you hear a ding, so what, you also hear that when Team Rocket is blasting off! I said you got 1-3, he is imortal so he couldnt die, and no there was no funeral becouse Eggman found him on earth, I mean come on... use your logic, and I'm not saying he died, becouse he didnt, he just got a real good punding to the head, basicly he feel and couldnt do nothing about it, he is nocked out and then later found by eggman and imprisoned in a pod-like thing witch leads to the begining of Sonic Heroes, this is what I'm saying, and they had planed on keeping Shadow b4 the game, so it's not like they just cut him off and the later decided to make a new story about how he was found by Eggman!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 09:16:05 PM by Kid Daigo »
Coming 2099.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 09:12:48 PM »
Sonic's Sasuke.
1. He's immortal.
2. He was in super form.

Watch this.

Why did they make you mod!?  o.O# Just becouse he's not on flames as he falles doesnt mean anything, you hear a ding, so what, you also hear the when Team Rocket is blasting off! I said you got 1-3, he is imortal so he couldnt die, and no there was no funeral becouse Eggman found him on earth, I mean come on... use your logic, and I'm not saying he died, becouse he didnt, he just got a real good punding to the head, basicly he feel and couldnt do nothing about it, he is nocked out and then later found by eggman and imprisoned in a pod-like thing witch leads to the begining of Sonic Heroes, this is what I'm saying, and they had planed on keeping Shadow b4 the game, so it's not like they just cut him off and the later decided to make a new story about how he was found by Eggman!
I don't know why, but G Lux said "He was finished", which is why I posted that.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 09:17:44 PM »
Hm. I guess Daigo's right on this one. (I know, wtf? lol) It was all a part of Sonic Team's intended story on this one. They introduced Shadow into the MAIN story, so of course they'd want to bring him back. So they devised a storyline where he gets the obligatory amnesia after he touches down on Earth. Eggman finds him, clones him, thus setting up Sonic Heroes. He wants to find out who he really is, which sets up Shadow the Hedgehog.

END OF DISCUSSION.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 09:18:35 PM »
Sonic's Sasuke.
1. He's immortal.
2. He was in super form.

Watch this.

Why did they make you mod!?  o.O# Just becouse he's not on flames as he falles doesnt mean anything, you hear a ding, so what, you also hear the when Team Rocket is blasting off! I said you got 1-3, he is imortal so he couldnt die, and no there was no funeral becouse Eggman found him on earth, I mean come on... use your logic, and I'm not saying he died, becouse he didnt, he just got a real good punding to the head, basicly he feel and couldnt do nothing about it, he is nocked out and then later found by eggman and imprisoned in a pod-like thing witch leads to the begining of Sonic Heroes, this is what I'm saying, and they had planed on keeping Shadow b4 the game, so it's not like they just cut him off and the later decided to make a new story about how he was found by Eggman!
I don't know why, but G Lux said "He was finished", which is why I posted that.

Nah, I think they had everything planed out, Shadow wasnt going anywhere! I cahnged my mind, I think he really was planned to be in future Sonic games!  :P
Coming 2099.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 09:45:55 PM »
I think Shadow looks cool but he acts all gay most of the time.

He should have stayed without all those guns and stuff.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2008, 11:38:45 PM »

How does one "act gay" ? Last time I checked, Shadow did nothing of that sort (be gay).... <_<|...|
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2008, 11:39:40 PM »

How does one "act gay" ? Last time I checked, Shadow did nothing of that sort (be gay).... <_<|...|

yeah, since when was shadow gay? <_<
Currently in need of one

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2008, 09:46:44 PM »

Nah, I think they had everything planed out, Shadow wasnt going anywhere! I cahnged my mind, I think he really was planned to be in future Sonic games!  :P

i think he was ment to not come back after SA2. but then he became a fave. so then they brought him back

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2008, 10:49:56 PM »

He mean like how Shadow gets a bit over emotional about his past, and how in his game, and Sonic 06 he was using guns, and driving cars, because everybody knows super fast hedgehogs don't need guns and cars.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2008, 11:50:38 PM »

He mean like how Shadow gets a bit over emotional about his past, and how in his game, and Sonic 06 he was using guns, and driving cars, because everybody knows super fast hedgehogs don't need guns and cars.

That would be the answer, Yes, I'm gonna add some more to my point of course:

He's[Shadow] just trying to appeal to the masses instead of being original, How's that Gay? I dunno, it has nothing to do with it but as you can notice it was just a quick post.
His character should have evolved after Adventure 2's ending with him supposedly Dying, Like, Get over it man, About 3 games of WHO AM I? Just Start a New life, it gets boring...But I forgive your cool looks after all I can skip/ignore your repetitive dialogue I Suppose.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2008, 11:56:42 PM »
this entire topic is a great example of why games tend to suck nowadays.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 12:04:21 AM »

He's[Shadow] just trying to appeal to the masses instead of being original, How's that Gay?

Thing is with Shadow, if you step back to take a retrospective look at him, he's wasn't an original character.

He's probably not even really fast; the only reason he can keep up with Sonic is because of his rocket boots. They couldn't copy Sonic's speed, so they gave him something to compensate. Because of said shoes, his gameplay mechanic was the EXACT same as Sonic. In order for him to stand out from everyone else, they had to do something to his mechanic, and seeing as how he's an anti-hero, I can see him doing whatever it takes to get the job done. Although, I'm sure if they thought harder, they could have come up with something else besides gunplay.

Ex: If I was SEGA, I'd concentrate more on his ability to manipulate Chaos into more than just a few moves.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 12:13:03 AM »

He's[Shadow] just trying to appeal to the masses instead of being original, How's that Gay?

Thing is with Shadow, if you step back to take a retrospective look at him, he's wasn't an original character.

He's probably not even really fast; the only reason he can keep up with Sonic is because of his rocket boots. They couldn't copy Sonic's speed, so they gave him something to compensate. Because of said shoes, his gameplay mechanic was the EXACT same as Sonic. In order for him to stand out from everyone else, they had to do something to his mechanic, and seeing as how he's an anti-hero, I can see him doing whatever it takes to get the job done. Although, I'm sure if they thought harder, they could have come up with something else besides gunplay.

Ex: If I was SEGA, I'd concentrate more on his ability to manipulate Chaos into more than just a few moves.
I think sega just gave him those rocket boots just to make him look different, and not a recolored Super Sonic with chest hair, otherwise they probably would have just given him normal shoes. They just wanted in Sonic Adventure 2 to give all the heroes somebody who rivals them in every exact aspect. While Metal Sonic can rival Sonic's speed, he can also fly which is something Sonic himself cannot do, so they made Shadow which is nearly in every way equal to Sonic.
A lot of people think that Sonic's speed is made possible by his shoes, but it's proved false since he wears different shoes in Sonic Adventure 2.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 12:26:34 AM »
But if you look at Shadow, he' skating, not running. It's even more appearent in SA2 when Sonic and Shadow face off. They start walking, then jogging, then when Sonic starts running slowly, Shadow starts skating slowly. Then Sonic runs faster, then Shadow skates faster.

See? That would suggest the Shadow doesn't actually HAVE Sonic's speed as a trait of his own.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 12:29:18 AM »

Yeah I Agree the Chaos Control is pretty cool and should have even more importance, Sonic Runs, Shadow Warps.

And Yeah you're right, let's not blame Shadow but SEGA, Hopefully the New Game is Good and more original Ignoring the old Werewolf idea of course.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 01:44:08 AM »
Quote from: [∀sian-Jesus
How does one "act gay" ?

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 01:54:09 AM »
 :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2008, 01:58:15 AM »
It had to be done.

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2008, 03:33:11 PM »
LMAO

See? That would suggest the Shadow doesn't actually HAVE Sonic's speed as a trait of his own.

but dose that matter at all? i think they just wantet to change things up a bit. because
sonic runs
knuckles runs
tails... somewhat runs
rouge runs
amy runs
robotknick can run

its to much running. so he went and bought some hover shoes which are awesome... sure he most likely cant run as fast as sonic. but when he has the shoes. then who gives a damn

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2008, 03:53:21 PM »
Shadow can run as fast as Sonic, his shoes are only there to give him some style, they only alow him to hover, it's not like they're jets that boost him foward, if he couldnt run as fast as sonic then the shoes would be usless! And they didnt strech the whole "who am I" story, they just wraped it up with the shadow the hedgehog game and there, it was over, Shadow and sonic are equally fast, but Shadow might have an advantage becouse of his chaos control, but if Sonic really wanted to, he could do the same, I mean he did use a FAKE emerald to do it, imagine if he had used the real one!! And the whole Chaos control thign is wierd, I mean I've seen Shadow use it without a chaos emerald yet in some parts he requiers one, idk!  :-??
Coming 2099.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2008, 07:45:45 PM »
LMAO

but dose that matter at all? i think they just wantet to change things up a bit. because
sonic runs
knuckles runs
tails... somewhat runs
rouge runs
amy runs
robotknick can run

its to much running. so he went and bought some hover shoes which are awesome... sure he most likely cant run as fast as sonic. but when he has the shoes. then who gives a damn

Yeah, they all run... I mean, what else are they gonna do, but none of them can match Sonic's speed, safe for Metal Sonic, it's a proven fact. Hence, the Rocket Boots!!!

Shadow can run as fast as Sonic, his shoes are only there to give him some style, they only alow him to hover, it's not like they're jets that boost him foward, if he couldnt run as fast as sonic then the shoes would be usless!

But he doesn't run, he SKATES!! If he COULD run as fast as Sonic, the shoes would be pointless, but he can't, therefore, rocket boots.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 07:54:58 PM »
LMAO

sonic runs
knuckles runs
tails... somewhat runs
rouge runs
amy runs
robotknick can run

Yeah, they all run... I mean, what else are they gonna do, but none of them can match Sonic's speed, safe for Metal Sonic, it's a proven fact. Hence, the Rocket Boots!!!

Shadow can run as fast as Sonic, his shoes are only there to give him some style, they only alow him to hover, it's not like they're jets that boost him foward, if he couldnt run as fast as sonic then the shoes would be usless!

But he doesn't run, he SKATES!! If he COULD run as fast as Sonic, the shoes would be pointless, but he can't, therefore, rocket boots.
The shoes are an individuality thing. Just like how Rouge kicks, while Knuckles punches.
I'm sure if they gave him normal shoes, nothing would change.
Imo, they gave him the shoes to compensate for Sonics ability to bounce like a basket ball.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 08:25:20 PM »
LMAO

sonic runs
knuckles runs
tails... somewhat runs
rouge runs
amy runs
robotknick can run

The shoes are an individuality thing. Just like how Rouge kicks, while Knuckles punches.
I'm sure if they gave him normal shoes, nothing would change.
Imo, they gave him the shoes to compensate for Sonics ability to bounce like a basket ball.

All of that is correct, all but the last thing...WTF!?!?  /:O LOL!
Coming 2099.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar