collapse

Author Topic: MEDIEVAL SPAWN MVC WIP  (Read 27840 times)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Re: MEDIEVAL SPAWN MVC WIP ( Finalized look )
« Reply #200 on: June 02, 2008, 10:05:22 AM »
Here's a peak at what's to come in the future ......

I didn't post this WIP here , because I was going to make him my Halloween release . But I am completely spriting him from scratch since there is no good base . As you can tell I was just testing some of the animations I had done ( The shading is not even finished on the sprites yet )  I also am behind on Medieval Spawn . I actually thought I would be almost finished with M_S by now . So Violator may not make the Halloween release date . But he is in the works & others will follow .

Onto something else . I know in another thread alexziq stated that coders do not want to be forgotten as creators & he listed names for certain creations . One of them was Medieval Spawn . As of right now , no one has helped anything Medieval Spawn . I have done everything myself & If I can learn all the code I need to , I will complete the character myself . If not I will announce my coder in this thread when I cross that bridge .

Susan did & still is doing all the coding for the new version of Hobgoblin that will get released .  So I have nothing but good things to say about her . She just hasn't done anything with Spawn as of yet .

Ah that was my error, I thought I had read that Susan was going to code Spawn. My bad, but havent Z666, and some of the other guys tried to help you with some things?

Maybe you specifically meant code. :-??

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2008, 01:56:27 PM »
Yeah , I meant code .

But Z666 I thought was helping fix the dragon that I sprited . I don't know what's going on with that . I think he gave up on it .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2008, 12:46:47 AM »
Dt i sent a post to Illusionista about that edit of spwn i'm doin, i asked if he could help out with anything?... maybe palletes or even coding/... so i hope he says yes, i hope you don't mind?.... anyway, dude i'm still here for ya, just let me kno if you need anything at all ok....Oh yeah, and if you need a voice for that Violator whenever you get to him, you kno i can make one up for ya, an orginal one at that too... so don't forget.... :thumbsup:

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2008, 11:09:21 PM »
hmm maybe you should have angela in an intro or something
*Note Soon

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #204 on: June 04, 2008, 12:11:46 AM »
hmm maybe you should have angela in an intro or something

You'll see................ I've had something planned since day one . It will blow your mind if I can sprite it like I envision it ;*))

OK onto something else , I just realized after some PM's I get here & at youtube that people think I am finishing ER's Spawn  :-?? I get " Glad you are finally finishing that Spawn ."

At some point & time it seems like people like to make false accusations about things , usually when the character is complete . Then the way things go in this community you have to prove yourself innocent . Well I may have a problem doing this since I constantly resave over my work files . If i keep them all I get confused & end up putting the incomplete sprite in the sff file . So while I am thinking of it & working on something right now , I am going to let you all see what I am up to . Keep in mind these are my work sprites so the look terrible . You should see the finished product in a vid soon .

Here's Cap with a terrible palette I did just so I could get the colors in the file that I wanted ..........

Here's the beginning of the transformation , I quickly did the gauntlet & started editing his head .......

I needed things moved around a bit & did the armband with finished spikes . I also started working on the legs , the spikes look terrible , but they were just sprited quickly to for me to have an idea of where I wanted them . More work on his head since you can see his mask now  .........

I still need that other arm doing something else .........

There that looks great , not really but it will when I shade & sprite everything properly . For one thing that right hand is way too big .

Here a shot of another frame in this animation that I started .....

These sprites came from Kong's open source sprite sheets at his website . Thanx Kong !

If I need any proof later on , I have it here . Because these files will be saved over by 2morrow .

(click to show/hide)

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #205 on: June 04, 2008, 12:28:24 AM »
Ok guys like Dt is right he did all of that with those sprites cus he even pm'd me and showed me awhile back... so do not think it is E.R's spawn... do not get his mixed up, we merely said that would we would like to get permission from E.R. so that Scar could release his edit of the modern day spawn (What E.R.,made) What Darktalbain is working on is Medievil Spawn,... they r totally different
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 02:32:39 AM by race45 »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #206 on: June 04, 2008, 02:29:43 AM »
Ok guys like Dt is right he did those with those sprites cus he even pm'd me and showed me awhile back... so do not think it is E.R's spawn... do not get his mixed up, we merely said that would like to get permission from E.R. so that Scar could release his edit of the modern day spawn (What E.R.,made) What Darktalbain is working on is Medievil Spawn,... they r totally different

Now that I think about it , maybe this thread is where the confusion happened . Like race said my Medieval Spawn is it's own entity & has nothing to do with ER's . Now if O illusionista could get permission from ER , I would be happy to sprite stuff for the Modern day Spawn & race would code it .

(click to show/hide)

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #207 on: June 04, 2008, 07:27:32 AM »
Wow lots is new here ;D ;D!! First off, the violator preview @-). He looks soo awesome! I glad your continuing the Spawn chars. The medieval spawn transformation looks really good even though I know you got a ways to go. I also opened up my Witchblade #1 and didn't really find much about her powers. I saw her blast a guy with the blade(gauntlet) and that was it. I've seen her have a spear weapon as an extension of the blade in the Medival Spawn/Witchblade mini series. This is what I pulled off of wiki:

The Witchblade is an intelligent, ancient, and conscious weapon with extraterrestrial origins. It is one of thirteen weapons of this type. It is the offspring of the universe's opposing aspects, the Darkness and the Angelus (the dark and the light). The Witchblade is a male aspect created to act as a balance, which must have a female as a host. The Witchblade was discovered in modern times in Greece by Kenneth Irons, but before he found it, it had many wielders. When not in use, it can look like an ornate, jewel encrusted, right-handed gauntlet. When wielded by an unworthy user, that person will lose their arm. It forms a symbiotic relationship with the host, who can hear the Witchblade. When used, it expands across the body of the wielder, shredding clothes and covering the body like an armour. The amount and coverage of the armour depends on the level of the threat. For example, when facing mortals, it will usually generate less armour than when facing a demon of hell. This armor can produce extensions of itself that can form swords, other stabbing weapons, hooks, chains, shields, and wings, enabling the wielder to fly. It may also become temperamental if it chooses not to be used. When wielded, it can shoot energy blasts from the hand or sword, fire projectile darts, and whip-like grapples to attack or to climb. The Witchblade is also an excellent lock pick, and can heal wounds, even mortal ones. The Witchblade can re-animate the dead, empathically show the wielder scenes of great trauma, and allow the wielder to relive experiences from past wielders as dreams. The Witchblade has now split into two parts following the events in the "First Born" crossover. One half belongs to Dani while Sara has reclaimed the other half.

Hope that helps

Thanks DG!

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: June 04, 2008, 07:53:52 AM »
Nah friend, didn't give up on the dragon, just don't have a lot of time.
So i figured i'll do it later since giant sprites take a lot of time (doing one sprite almost drived me crazy ^^) and they're is two things i want done by the end of the month. Geez i took too many things upon myself with the little time i have ^^
That same dragon in aqua shades with bigger wings, don't worry i didn't forget  ;D

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
Re: MEDIEVAL SPAWN MVC WIP ( An Intro )
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2008, 08:23:32 AM »
FIRST POST UPDATED WITH AN INTRO VIDEO

Plus an added bonus with something else  :thumbsup:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
Re: MEDIEVAL SPAWN MVC WIP ( An Intro & an added bonus vid )
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2008, 08:53:40 AM »
Wow impressive intro, you really worked hard on this one ^^

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 15, 2024, 10:01:11 PM
« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2008, 09:25:20 AM »
That's actually a really good intro. Sucks how you can put in all this work on something for it to just be over in a few split seconds though. :D

I think the Hobs intro would look better if GG actually got hit by the missile, making a huge explosion as it knocks him across screen then when the dust clears from the explosion Hobs is already floating there. That's just my 2 cents, but in any case, it's looking good. :thumbsup:

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2008, 06:25:15 PM »
That's actually a really good intro. Sucks how you can put in all this work on something for it to just be over in a few split seconds though. :D

I think the Hobs intro would look better if GG actually got hit by the missile, making a huge explosion as it knocks him across screen then when the dust clears from the explosion Hobs is already floating there. That's just my 2 cents, but in any case, it's looking good. :thumbsup:

Agreed.

Thanks DG!

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2008, 06:33:28 PM »
wow nice that spawn intro is the best ive seen in a while  =D>
man I normally skip intros but I think amma watch this one every time :w00t:

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2008, 08:45:36 PM »
that intro looks great

Offline iDramaboy

• World Of Megman Creator
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 13, 2012, 07:46:10 PM
  • Megaman Creator
    • My Forum
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2008, 09:44:46 PM »

Agreed.

yea

but spawn intro is really good...im just thinking about how hard that had to be to sprite...good job

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2008, 12:48:47 AM »
Great intro for M. Spawn DT. You have the timing down (almost.) Where the cape "grows" out and he grabs his head, you should pause it there a sec or 2 longer but that's just my opinion. Your sprite-work and hard work of them definitely shines in that intro.  :thumbsup:

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2008, 02:36:50 AM »
Thanx to all of you for the compliments .....

@ slowcar

You wouldn't believe how much effort I put into this to make it look right .When I first started making the character , I had some things on my mind I wanted to do . The teleport in & the symbiote forming on him was one of them . Once I started spriting it , I couldn't believe how hard it was to make it happen . My first version looked like he was being attacked by an octopus .  ;*)) Then I had to make it look right when the chains , armor & spikes formed . Lastly I didn't want the mask to just appear , so I made him use his power to materialize it on his face & of course the cape had to form . I'm just glad it turned out the way it did & everyone can appreciate what went into it .   

@ Excursion

So right when his hand reaches his head I should make that sprite a few more seconds ? I think I need to make the beginning frames more ticks also . When the screen comes in from black when mugen starts . I think the intro is already in the 4th frame of animation . You can't really tell when the necroplasm is spread out more on the screen . Then it forms his body .

@ maliosiousjoe & batzarro The Hobgoblin intro is kind of a " Hey here we are , we are in the same universe " Mugen/Marvel/Spiderman . I just wanted to have something to link the goblins together . Acey was nice enough to give me permission to use her Green Goblin in it . I hope she knows if she would like to use Hobgoblin for something with Green Goblin she can . Hopefully we can work our a special intro for the Goblin's when they face off & possibly something for Sludge's Spidey . I think that would be pretty sweet .

Now as for the missle hitting GG . I'm not doing it . Like I said Acey was nice enough to let me use Green Goblin . I feel it would be very disrespectful to " blow up " Green Goblin in the intro . That's just the way I feel about that .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2008, 12:00:45 PM »
Monster intro for Hobby.

yeah I wouldnt blow up Greeney either. I think only Harry origionally ever went to blows with Hobby. If I remember right the origional Hobby was pretty enamored when he found the Goblin Hideout. He didnt seem like he would have beef with Norman if he had been alive at the time.

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2008, 10:21:38 PM »

Now as for the missle hitting GG . I'm not doing it . Like I said Acey was nice enough to let me use Green Goblin . I feel it would be very disrespectful to " blow up " Green Goblin in the intro . That's just the way I feel about that .

I think your reading too much into the intro for it to be disrespectful. Just the fact that you used it in an intro is honorable enough but I would ask permission before I did do a change like what was suggested.

Thanks DG!

Offline L.G.

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:June 03, 2009, 04:58:35 PM
  • Team Demon Bossie
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2008, 04:50:41 AM »
Nice intro good joodie :P

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: June 09, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »
sweet intro man loving it
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #222 on: June 18, 2008, 02:36:56 PM »
For now I will not post any updates for Medieval Spawn until the forum is running properly .

Just letting you know so you don't think I gave up on him If you don't see anything new .

I am definately still working on him  & he will be completed .

(click to show/hide)

Offline L.G.

• Last Login:June 03, 2009, 04:58:35 PM
  • Team Demon Bossie
« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2008, 04:20:50 PM »
For now I will not post any updates for Medieval Spawn until the forum is running properly .

Just letting you know so you don't think I gave up on him If you don't see anything new .

I am definately still working on him  & he will be completed .

Okidokie ;)

Offline Akeme

• Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2008, 05:28:07 AM »
Cant wait to see more updates in the future ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25