collapse

Author Topic: MEDIEVAL SPAWN MVC WIP  (Read 27617 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
MEDIEVAL SPAWN MVC WIP
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:04:45 PM »
48 frames of animation & 2 weeks of work on & off . ( I'm not kidding ) All to be over in 3 seconds . Anyway I hope you like this intro . there will be more , but it's time to start working on the basics again . Also you get a sneak peek at Hobgoblin's new intro . Yes , Acey gave me permission to do it . Thanx to Susan for coding on the Hobgoblin intro .

[youtube=425,350]qrXTKvTo5eY[/youtube]

Finalized look

Smoother animated stance & the new & final look . I think I am happy with the skulls , chains , spikes & mask now .

[youtube=425,350]6yzje-WU6MM[/youtube]

Medieval Spawn without Symbiote & armor

Medieval Spawn's select portrait . I sprited it completely from scratch including the logos . let me know what you think .

Excursion had a good point about his hand in the stance . So I have improved the stance . The left hand , changed the mask & tweaked the necroplasm & made some very  changes to the cape . Let me know what you guys think .

[youtube=425,350]oRqR1q1Tra8[/youtube]

I wasn't even going to post this until more was done , but I thought it looked pretty sweet .

Dark Ages Spawn still does not have all his basic attacks done yet . But that can be boring working on constantly , so I wanted to jump to something unique & original just for him . So I decided to do his taunt . I had this idea running around my head for a year & was wondering if I could pull it off . Literally 12 hours later for 4 seconds on the screen . haven't really decided if that's a fair trade of yet or not  ;*)) Anyway without further ado , His taunt ......

[youtube=425,350]9J23INzn_3k[/youtube]

Who needs attacks , when you can taunt them to death  ;*))

I'm pretty satisfied with the way it turned out animation wise , but I would still like Spawn to get kind of a highlight green glow from the  necroplasm . I don't exactly know how to do that . I know it has to be possible because I have seen other characters have that effect . I looked at Green Lamntern & it's not done in his sprites , so it has to be the coding . If anyone knows what I am talking about & how to do it , let me know . Thanx

Let me hear what you guys all think about the taunt .  

BTW I think I am changing his mask in all the sprites to the way I did it in the taunt animations . I think I like the way it looks more . Give me an opinion .  

The new vid is here with even more progress

[youtube=425,350]qsHh0Dbx-Rw[/youtube]

OK , first off I was looking at him & when he walked he seemed to be all over the place . So I realigned all the sprites .

Some people were talking saying " why isn't he black " Well if you look at the Dark Ages / Medieval Spawn in the book he is blue . I was going to make a " Black Knight " palette anyway . So I made that & another blue one that shows the shading better . I  had to add the greens & yellows for the necro stuff to the palette anyway so I figured I would just make some new palettes .

The new moves I redid the teleport sprites , because before I forgot some of the spikes he has . He can also block now & he finally has an attack . He also can jump & super jump . Coming along slowly , but surely here .  :thumbsup:

Anyway I think at one time I said he would be a quick character . Seeing that Medieval Spawn is one of my top 5 favorite comic characters , I am taking time trying to make the sprites exactly the way I want them . Which will be better for everyone in the long run . Here's a look at what has been happening with him & what animations I have finished . Nothing crazy , since spriting is taking some time .

[youtube=425,350]on2CM_XSk84[/youtube]

As you can see in the video , he crouches & he can move freely around the screen . Too bad he can't attack yet   :lol: That's coming soon .

I really liked the teleport that was used when that other Spawn was edited . So I am incorporating that idea into Medieval Spawn also . That idea was ripped off from one of the many , Akuma's , Ryu's , & Ken's anyway . So it's not like it was original to Spawn .

So let me know what you think . Looks good , looks bad , or don't care .

Thanx

For awhile now , mugen creating hasn't been fun for me . Between wanting to actually finish my Harley Quinn , but too many people crying about it . With Doomsday not really being 100% my concept . & all the chaos with the other team releases . I really didn't want to make anything . So I was kind of at a crossroad . Just quit , or actually do something I truly want to create & see if I can bring the fun back  .  I have always liked Spawn . But it's kind of been done . He was never finished , but other people seem to be messing with that project . More than the modern Spawn , I was always a bigger fan of the Medieval Spawn . So I thought why the hell not try it ?

I must say , doing a character that is one of my favorites that nobody else is making , has made me enjoy creating again . I actually look forward to working on this .

I got bored at work so I put together some of the sprites I had done for Medieval Spawn so I could actually see him on the screen . I figured maybe you all would like to see what he's about .

It's not much but just something to get an idea what he looks like . Here's the vid ......

[youtube=425,350]tp2H7iJ8Mek[/youtube]

OK so to a point Team Spoiler has somewhat abondoned me on this one . They seem to really have no interest in this Spawn character & just want me to finish Doomsday first . So where does that leave me ? Kind of in a jam . I want this Spawn to have moves no one has seen & alot of other things going on .  All kinds of ideas have been running in my head about this character for months now . I can do some basic coding , but don't really know how to code the crazy stuff I have in mind . So Kurz is the only team member who has my back on this one & hopefully it will all work out .

I would also like to take this time to thank Spidermew & rbbt in advance for all the palettes they will be making me for sprites that I need to use to frankensprite things with Spawn .

:thumbsup:

Thanx to Scar for some chains he sprited & sent me which I will make use of . Also for the ideas to make them better for Medieval Spawn .

Let me know what you guys think .

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:54:05 AM by DARKTALBAIN »

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline ~Wolfpaul~

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 06, 2012, 05:57:31 PM
    • Email
Re: MIDIEVAL SPAWN WIP the beginning
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 05:23:11 PM »
wow i think he looks awsome! i really like the green glow in his eyes! what ideas for moves do you have? good luck with him %%- :)

Userbar By The Dude Z

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 05:45:06 PM »
wow i think he looks awsome! i really like the green glow in his eyes! what ideas for moves do you have? good luck with him %%- :)

Thanx . I thought the eyes added a real nice touch . Glad you like that .

He will have different attacks with his his axe . The glowing necroplasmic sword will have attacks & hypers . He will be able to shoot the necroplasm & it will kind of capture them for a moment like spidey's web . There will be a hyper with him on his horse . I posted one of those sprites in my sprite edit thread here . Since Spawn has controlled " creatures of the night " in the comic , I figured there will be some attacks with wolves & bats . Did I mention Necroplasm  ;D which is what the glowing green stuff out of his eyes is .

(click to show/hide)

Offline SdotThaDon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 10, 2017, 01:19:06 AM
  • Havenot Supreme
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 06:15:26 PM »
Good Luck on this, Spawn has been my favorite comic/characrter since issue #1. I always wanted to see a decent spawn for mugen, but as we all know there's only one. I heard about a few spawn projects but I have yet to see any with progress aside from Scar's (private?) edit. Mugen creating should be fun though so keep it up. :O*D

Offline Captain Cold

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2015, 04:08:38 PM
  • Never Kill a Speedster
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »

yeah looks good i am really diggin the eyes......i was hoping for a good spawn and this looks like it has a lot of potential good luck  :)

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 07:01:11 PM »
Pretty cool  %%-

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 09:03:56 PM »
That little jolt of lighting there on the eyes compliments the cool-Ness!!!  ^^(PM)^

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Last Login:July 04, 2012, 03:11:05 PM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 09:41:46 PM »
looks great....good luck %%-

sig made by shullbocka

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 10:07:37 PM »
I love medieval Spawn. Good luck on this  Darktalbain!

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 11:41:04 PM »
I'm here to support ya. I'm an avid collector of Spawn and am really looking forward to this. I've got medieval spawns intro mini series. I could flip through them and see if I get any ideas. I'll have to open the resealed plastic liners though ^-^.

Thanks DG!

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
Re: MEDIEVAL SPAWN WIP the beginning
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 12:07:35 AM »
I forgot to mention the chain attack moves in my previous post . There will be a few of them .

I would like to thank you guys for the support . Some of my comic buddies were like " did you make that Spawn up or something ? " Then the others that knew who he was kind of had the attitude that I should make the modern day Spawn or Curse of Spawn . Since Medieval Spawn wasn't in that many books . I had desire to make him anyway , but knowing that people will appreciate him gives me more drive .

@ MalisciousJoe Those comics you have are actually sealed shut ? Any help on ideas will be considered , I'm just pretty much going by some of what what the modern Spawn does & what this one did in Spawn issues 9, 14 & 15 . Kind of adding my own twist to it .

If he did something really sweet in that mini series , I would like to know about it .

Anyone else feel free to throw out suggestions .

I am making this character MVC style . Because it seems like everyone really enjoys that . But , just like my Hobgoblin , some of the sprites will be like he just jumped out of the comic page onto your screen . Intros , Winposes & other things will be right out of some issues .

Thanx again everyone for the interest in this character .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 02:01:35 AM »
looking good  :thumbsup:

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 02:07:34 AM »
 %%- %%- I hope he has more moves, abilities and versatility like Spawn unlike this version.
[youtube=425,350]FQCDmoRpf5A[/youtube]
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 13, 2021, 04:20:33 PM
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 02:14:57 AM »
good luck on this DT I know you and your panda friend will do a good job. :w00t: ;*))

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 11:05:41 AM »
For awhile now , mugen creating hasn't been fun for me . Between wanting to actually finish my Harley Quinn , but too many people crying about it . With Doomsday not really being 100% my concept . & all the chaos with the other team releases . I really didn't want to make anything . So I was kind of at a crossroad . Just quit , or actually do something I truly want to create & see if I can bring the fun back  .  I have always liked Spawn . But it's kind of been done . He was never finished , but other people seem to be messing with that project . More than the modern Spawn , I was always a bigger fan of the Medieval Spawn . So I thought why the hell not try it ?

I must say , doing a character that is one of my favorites that nobody else is making , has made me enjoy creating again . I actually look forward to working on this .

I got bored at work so I put together some of the sprites I had done for Medieval Spawn so I could actually see him on the screen . I figured maybe you all would like to see what he's about .

It's not much but just something to get an idea what he looks like . Here's the vid ......

[youtube=425,350]tp2H7iJ8Mek[/youtube]

OK so to a point Team Spoiler has somewhat abondoned me on this one . They seem to really have no interest in this Spawn character & just want me to finish Doomsday first . So where does that leave me ? Kind of in a jam . I want this Spawn to have moves no one has seen & alot of other things going on .  All kinds of ideas have been running in my head about this character for months now . I can do some basic coding , but don't really know how to code the crazy stuff I have in mind . So Kurz is the only team member who has my back on this one & hopefully it will all work out .

I would also like to take this time to thank Spidermew & rbbt in advance for all the palettes they will be making me for sprites that I need to use to frankensprite things with Spawn .

Thanx to Scar for some chains he sprited & sent me which I will make use of . Also for the ideas to make them better for Medieval Spawn .

Let me know what you guys think .

Dude why do you feel abandoned? It just felt like you were not really sticking with any WIP, and everybody is tied up with other projects at the moment. If you came up with all the sprites, and paste them on KFM, or some base i said i would help you, but i cant keep having everybody throw me their crap, and expect it to be coded from scratch. I even told you to have Kurz put it together, and I would fix it up so it would be a great character. Ive even posted on your sprite page how much I like it, and how you're one of my favorite spriters "remember"?

This seems like a great exaggeration on your part to say your abandoned, and looks bad on the team, when that is not the case. Anymore it seems like youre looking for a confrontation from somebody. I hope I'm wrong, but dude it seems like you have not been yourself in months and I dont know what else to say. I'm not going to fight with you because youre a friend regardless of any of this, but I feel like I'm watching you melt down, and i cant say anything to make it right.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 01:39:19 PM »
@alexziq

I thought I already went over this with you . I wasn't having fun at this anymore & needed something to bring it back for me . You're the one who actually brought that up to me . Well I found the enjoyment again , Spawn is it . I really liked him in the comic , I really like the way he is turning out & I enjoy working on him . I've done more on this Spawn in the past few days , than I've done on Doomsday in months . PC is picking up where I left off on Doomsday .  I get the same feeling working on Spawn as I did with Hobgoblin , which is a good thing .

As for why I feel abandoned , when I brought him up to you . It was like you kind of blew me off about it & pretty much stated you didn't have time to help . So I feel I'm on my own on this project .

It's not a big issue the stuff I want to do with Spawn , you just admitted now you don't have time to code . It's OK , I have a vision , I have the desire to work on this character , & I have some help . I'll be fine & get him done .

I'm not trying to fight with anyone ? As a matter a fact I haven't said really anything confrontational to anyone lately . ( besides a few sd guys I won't mention )  On the other forum I haven't said anything at all in weeks . I haven't even said one word in a month about that crappy looking character . So I haven't really fought with anyone .

You & I are cool from my standpoint .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 02:26:26 PM »
Yeah we did go over it thats why I cant understand why you feel abandoned? You have mine, and Kurz's support on this so who abandoned you?

I never said I wouldnt code it, I just said I could use some help putting together an Alpha for me to work off of. Kurz does so many private characters, I suggested him to start the character just to give him a chance to work with good sprites for a change, and try to integrate him into releasing something, thats playable for everyone.

It was more about building Kurz into a mechanic than it was about you. I just dont understand the abandoned statement is all.

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 03:27:26 PM »
you guys should learn pm's  <_<|...|

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 03:50:23 PM »
I like Spawn's eyes.   :thumbsup:

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 06:29:21 PM »
You already know you totally have my support over this one.
This is a really a perfect looking medieval spawn.
And the eyes thing just rocks ^^

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 08:40:25 PM »
this i like a good spawn character
i wish u gud luck on this
like a lot of peeps sed
they eyes are sick
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 12:03:01 AM »
It's all in the eyes my friends .  ;*)) When I thought about the necroplasm coming out of them , I didn't know if I was going to be able to pull it off . I'm just glad it looks right on screen & everyone likes the way it looks !  :thumbsup:

@MM This Spawn will be more complete than ER's . He had a good idea with the Modern Spawn it was just too bad he never finished him .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 07:39:07 PM »
I don't see how you could know if he had a good idea or not, considering it's basically a repaint of captain america with blackheart's voice.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 01:55:55 AM »
I don't see how you could know if he had a good idea or not, considering it's basically a repaint of captain america with blackheart's voice.

Everyone has to start with some base . Capt America is my base also & I am mimicking some of the style ER used for his . I guess what I am trying to say is he had a good concept . I just think he never finished him .

Why are you trying to say , that a different base would be better ?   

« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 03:52:15 PM by DARKTALBAIN »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 03:35:48 PM »
no ,art wise he looks fantastic. I was talking more about gameplay.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal