collapse

Author Topic: MEDIEVAL SPAWN MVC WIP  (Read 27838 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: MEDIEVAL SPAWN MVC WIP ( update vid )
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2008, 08:17:33 PM »
Actually, that really does make him unique, since the only move that stands out as not CA's is that two foot mule kick thing....

I don't really understand what you mean ?

Anyway , I know that I haven't posted in awhile . Just working on changing the all sprites I had done to the new style . So really nothing new to see yet . I forgot what a pain it was lining up those spikes the first time when he walked . Now I am doing it all over again .

Should have the new look for you all next week .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2008, 08:29:00 PM »
Actually, that really does make him unique, since the only move that stands out as not CA's is that two foot mule kick thing....

Anyway , I know that I haven't posted in awhile . Just working on changing the all sprites I had done to the new style . So really nothing new to see yet . I forgot what a pain it was lining up those spikes the first time when he walked . Now I am doing it all over again .

I think hes talking about Capitan America's Strong Kick

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2008, 08:16:51 AM »

Alright can/t wait for it ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »
i was thinking though you want to be as accurate as possible with him that doesnt mean you have to go all completely accurately right? maybe he could have his shield used a projectile counter. like if someone fires any projectile he could use his shield to send it back to the opponent and maybe he could have a hyper version of that for those opponents whoa re doing projectile hypers. and by the same token maybe since he has a limited amount of power he could have a sheild move that absorbs projectiles and adds necroplasm back to him and maybe he could have a hyper version of that for projectile hypers. jus ideas i have in my head

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2008, 02:57:12 PM »
i was thinking though you want to be as accurate as possible with him that doesnt mean you have to go all completely accurately right? maybe he could have his shield used a projectile counter. like if someone fires any projectile he could use his shield to send it back to the opponent and maybe he could have a hyper version of that for those opponents whoa re doing projectile hypers. and by the same token maybe since he has a limited amount of power he could have a sheild move that absorbs projectiles and adds necroplasm back to him and maybe he could have a hyper version of that for projectile hypers. jus ideas i have in my head

I say go for 100% accuracy. It is rare to see anything outside an acual game possible.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2008, 03:08:33 PM »
I say make him however you want to make him Dt.....

Offline Akeme

« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2008, 11:39:59 PM »
I say make him however you want to make him Dt.....
Exactly

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »
I say ...... The idea did cross my mind with tha sheild reflecting projectiles back . But after some thought it could be a wasted move & wasted time coding & spriting for maybe 40% of the characters he fights . Not all characters in mugen have projectiles . So say you are using him against a character that has no projectiles . That move would be competely useless . Then on the other hand , say he's fighting Spiderman . I would kind of think the webbing bouncing back at Spidey would look bad .  Now say he's fighting Terry Bogard or Sagat , who both have low fireballs . I'll have to have a seperate move to just" bounce back " low projectiles also . Which is probably only 15% of the characters in mugen .

Kind of see where I am going with this .

What I've been thinking lately is he has a move that he can use when the opponent jumps in & they will get hit by it & it will also absorb projectiles . This way it will have a use for every character , but an added bonus for those with projectiles .

How's that sound ?

Thanx to race45 for where this idea kind of " spawned " from ( pun intended ) He had an idea & I just to took it to a new extreme .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Akeme

« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2008, 09:27:12 PM »
I say ...... The idea did cross my mind with tha sheild reflecting projectiles back . But after some thought it could be a wasted move & wasted time coding & spriting for maybe 40% of the characters he fights . Not all characters in mugen have projectiles . So say you are using him against a character that has no projectiles . That move would be competely useless . Then on the other hand , say he's fighting Spiderman . I would kind of think the webbing bouncing back at Spidey would look bad .  Now say he's fighting Terry Bogard or Sagat , who both have low fireballs . I'll have to have a seperate move to just" bounce back " low projectiles also . Which is probably only 15% of the characters in mugen .

Kind of see where I am going with this .

What I've been thinking lately is he has a move that he can use when the opponent jumps in & they will get hit by it & it will also absorb projectiles . This way it will have a use for every character , but an added bonus for those with projectiles .

How's that sound ?

Thanx to race45 for where this idea kind of " spawned " from ( pun intended ) He had an idea & I just to took it to a new extreme .

I like the idea man ;)

Offline MirageAtoli

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 13, 2011, 03:25:23 AM
  • Oh, my Paws and Whiskers!
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2008, 11:12:07 PM »
Keep in mind if you design something you don't like, you can just comment it out.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2008, 11:15:27 PM »
Keep in mind if you design something you don't like, you can just comment it out.
True ;)

Offline Brownie23

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 27, 2017, 02:00:34 PM
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2008, 03:38:09 AM »
Awsome spawn. He gonna have any strikers?

Offline Akeme

« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2008, 04:27:24 AM »
I doubt it, i don't think he needs any ;)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2008, 06:32:17 AM »
@ Brownie23 & Akeme  ........ Thanx brownie welcome to the forum .

I have to totally agree with Akeme . As of right now I will have no strikers . Because he is going to be pretty powerful on his own with the moves I have planned . I see alot of characters with no moves what so ever , but they have a bunch of strikers jumping out to make up for it . In my opinion it takes no skill to play a character that has all kinds of help jumping out all the time . Spawn will be fun to play & powerful , but you will actually have to play him . Not just hammer on 2 buttons & get all these helpers to jump out & do the job for you .

Anyway I couldn't really think of a striker for him . The only one people suggested was Witchblade . I was never really a fan of her , so I didn't even know what she did . The Medieval Spawn / Witchblade trade is out of print & very hard to find . But I basically went through hell to find a copy of it . Witchblade didn't really do alot in those issues to give me much of an idea .

So I would say still no strikers . Unless someone suggests  something that i think , " OMG that would be so sweet "

@ Mirage

I realize I could design something & if I don't like it not use it  . But to a point something I  know from the beginning will not work or be just for a limited amount of characters ? I feel it would be wasted time designing that move when I could be doing another move used for all characters . I still have so much work to do on him , that I do not want to waste any free time I have . Because I do not have alot of it & I am still in the middle of upgrading Hobgoblin also . Luckily at times , I can create Spawn at work  .

Speaking of which ........

Last time with Hobgoblin I saved the portrait until last & it was kind of rushed . So I figured I would make Spawn's now & put some time into it .

It was all sprited from scratch including the logos . The only thing I forgot is mugen is like a mirror . So when the second player picks him the name is backwards . I don't know if I should leave it , or get rid of the name . Anyway let me know what you all think of it . It's my first shot at really putting some time into a portrait  . I think it turned out pretty good .

FIRST POST UPDATED

« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 06:41:28 AM by DARKTALBAIN »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Akeme

Re: MEDIEVAL SPAWN MVC WIP ( something new added )
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2008, 03:10:07 PM »
Medieval Spawn's select portrait . I sprited it completely from scratch including the logos . let me know what you think .

Awesome i like it but to me i think the name needs to go but anyways it's your decision not mine ;)

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2008, 03:14:21 PM »
Medieval Spawn's select portrait . I sprited it completely from scratch including the logos . let me know what you think .

Awesome i like it but to me i think the name needs to go but anyways it's your decision not mine ;)

You sprited that from scratch??  =D>

Offline Akeme

« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2008, 03:17:49 PM »

You sprited that from scratch??  =D>
Yes he did ;)

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2008, 03:31:27 PM »
 =D>

Offline Worksa8

• Rocket Punch!
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 13, 2021, 01:19:25 PM
  • Rocket Punch!
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2008, 03:37:07 PM »
Looking good!
The only complaint I have towards this character doesn't even really count, because it's a more personal thing, and easily fixed...
(I hate red and blue together xD)
This is looking good, I just hope he will finally get some unique moves in, unlike the current one that needs more...well, more.
(Lol, Eragon..)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2008, 02:05:06 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: We're back online  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

@ Excursion
Akeme pretty much answered ( thanx ) But yes , the portrait was done completely from scratch by me . Thanx for the comment . It's good to hear when something turns out good ......
or not . I fixed the stance too . I'm waiting until I get all the sprites done that I already did in the new style before I put up a vid .

@ Akeme

I like the name &  logo & it did take me some time to do . I've really always liked just the way that round Spawn logo looks . But since the second player is reversed & then the name is backwards I may get rid of it . I am undecided .

@ Laspacho & Excursion 

Thanx it's nice to know that the infinity creators notice the little guys work here .

@ worksa8

Medieval Spawn is Blue & Red  in the comic . But I heard this before also . If you look my vids . ( I forget Which one ) I already made a black palette . So for those who don't like the blue version can use the " Black Knight " it's not too far fetched because McFarlane did make a variant figure like that .

He will have all kinds of moves unique to him . I haven't shown anything yet because I have been busy respriting to the new look I changed him to . Then I still have to finish the basics .  So I am not onto them yet . Give me time . Take a look at his taunt vid . Pretty unique to him , right ? Envision moves unique as the taunt .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Akeme

« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2008, 03:01:18 PM »
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: We're back online  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

@ Excursion
Akeme pretty much answered ( thanx ) But yes , the portrait was done completely from scratch by me . Thanx for the comment . It's good to hear when something turns out good ......
or not . I fixed the stance too . I'm waiting until I get all the sprites done that I already did in the new style before I put up a vid .

@ Akeme

I like the name &  logo & it did take me some time to do . I've really always liked just the way that round Spawn logo looks . But since the second player is reversed & then the name is backwards I may get rid of it . I am undecided .

@ Laspacho & Excursion 

Thanx it's nice to know that the infinity creators notice the little guys work here .

@ worksa8

Medieval Spawn is Blue & Red  in the comic . But I heard this before also . If you look my vids . ( I forget Which one ) I already made a black palette . So for those who don't like the blue version can use the " Black Knight " it's not too far fetched because McFarlane did make a variant figure like that .

He will have all kinds of moves unique to him . I haven't shown anything yet because I have been busy respriting to the new look I changed him to . Then I still have to finish the basics .  So I am not onto them yet . Give me time . Take a look at his taunt vid . Pretty unique to him , right ? Envision moves unique as the taunt .

Alright man thanks for the info, take your time cause i know spriting is time comsuming especially since your doing medieval spawn. ;)

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2008, 11:38:19 PM »
hey whats up Dt, sorry dude i haven't been on here because my city got hit with a big butt tornado ???, its messed most of the city up dude and a riot broke out in a certain area dude it was horrible but like they seem to have eveything gettin just back to normal, i'm one of the few people that have their power back on.... so i'm very thankful and very blessed ^:)^.... Anyway but back on topic dude i luv the new protrait you have of spawn :w00t:..... He rocks dude...... and by the way i'm workin on new stuff, and you kno i'm gonna share with you so ;D..... be on the look out ok dude :thumbsup:.....

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2008, 11:46:03 PM »
I have to agree you got to get rid of the spawn name in the big portrait.

Thanks DG!

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2008, 04:01:14 PM »
For those who don't know , Spawn's are pretty much zombies . Brought back from the dead years after their death to train in the Malebolgia's army . It seems Medieval Spawn was brought back later than some of the others because his body is a rotted mess . ( refer to Spawn series , issue 15 page 4 ) So here is what he looks like without the symbiote & armor . Yes Spawn's basically have Symbiotes .

Let me know what you think .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Akeme

« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2008, 04:03:34 PM »
For those who don't know , Spawn's are pretty much zombies . Brought back from the dead years after their death to train in the Malebolgia's army . It seems Medieval Spawn was brought back later than some of the others because his body is a rotted mess . ( refer to Spawn series , issue 15 page 4 ) So here is what he looks like without the symbiote & armor . Yes Spawn's basically have Symbiotes .

Let me know what you think .

Whoa i did not know that man, thanks for the insight seriously. Anyways i like the detail in the sprite but i thought it would be more of brown and less gray kinda like the other way around. ;)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25