collapse

Author Topic: MvC Punisher: EoH Project  (Read 60666 times)

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
My younger brother was working on Punisher a while back. Steve even posted a screenie or 2 at his site, but EvilRock81 posted his progress at Warmachine Madness. I briefly worked on him as I have all the sprites he made for his version of Punisher and I have plans to complete him one day for him. Here is an old pic of him:

That portrait pic Batzarro made is the same one he used also.

Maybe we could corroborate on Punisher in the future.

Hey Apoc ,

Some people were complaining he looked to much like Cable .

I think Excursion had a solid idea here to add the headband & the scruffle to his face . Makes him look less like Cable .

I definately like certain things on both of them . I like Apoc's Skull & gloves alot more .

Everyone is complaining about the teeth . Someone said  it " artist's interpetation " I have seen those teeth/belt drawn so many ways . I really like the pics you posted  ;) that poster shot happens to be my favorite drawing of the punisher . I personally like the way you did the teeth & belt .

Keep up the good work . Let me know if you need a hand spriting anything !

I told Apoc that when I get stable with my stuff between Metalman and bug-fixing the project characters like SO, Iceman and Cutman then I would try to seek collaboration on this. Most importantly, I think he should take his time because a solidly released, playable character is reknown throughout our community rather than the 1st person to release a Punisher playable character.

My sentiments exactly. As you can see with my verison as well as Excursion's brothers verison, and JasonTodd's verison(SonicX Forum), Punisher has been done before and could have been released by now, just to have on record, but as Excursion had mensioned, we both agree that we are looking for solidarity and a sense of authenicity with this project, which is why i retracted a statement in an early post in this thread about "hoping for a release by next month".

I appreciate the offer for assistance with the hand spriting of the character, but at this point in time because i'm already so far along with animations, i have to generalestly decline the offer to ensure the final sprites remain to my satisfaction. This has become more then just making a character needed for MUGEN, However I am taking in suggestions for his movelist (which BTW I want to thank you all for the PM's, my box has never been so active

( -^__^- ) ...and yes, the stubble does make a good touch to the appearence. :+:Mental Note:+:

-"aPoC."
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 01:11:48 PM by aPoCaLyPsE187 »

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
Re: MvC Punisher (1st W.I.P) w/ screenshots (-^_^-)v
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2008, 01:09:04 PM »
Can't believe I missed this WIP ~X(. Looks sweet :w00t:. I do believe you need to darken the color on the rocket launcher just to give it a different look from Jill's, besides he is a darker char. Question: will he have that machine gun with grenade launcher attached that he uses?

Hmm..Good eye, i might just have to do something about the lancher. As for your question, I don't recall that move, was it a normal special attack? The official move list is still in development currently, so i really couldn't tell ya just yet

-"aPoC."
I was just asking if you were going to make a move with that weapon because I've seen him use it a lot, that's all. I glad you will look over the launcher.

Thanks DG!

Offline Lothar-Ex

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 13, 2016, 06:05:59 PM
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2008, 03:33:56 PM »
Well i have not posted in awhile but here are some ideas

How about you have a special where punisher takes out 2 AK47's and blast's the guy with the two weapons

Also you should have an intro when jigsaw is standing and then punisher shots him then the punisher walks in (You should have him lay on the ground dead)

>:-(-|

you should have a PROTON CANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck

My Brawl Friend Code

3952-6721-7091

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2008, 08:20:38 PM »
actually an awesome intro would be a bunch of thugs onscreen, then they get shot up by offscreen machinegun fire, then punisher walks onscreen with that AK, strikes a pose (reloading or something, who knows.) then tosses the gun away and starts the fight. you could even have that little tune from the Marvel logo at the beginning of the punisher movie play while he's posing.

the song I'm talking about is at the 26 second mark. if anything, it would be perfect for the intro or ending storyboards.

and of course you need an intro with the battle van. I think stever's (am I right on the author?) punisher was gonna have that. The van could jsut drive up and drop him off before the fight.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2008, 08:45:25 PM »
That music from the movie would be sweet.

Intro:

Have him shoot through the stage bg with bullets flying everywhere then have a flap fall and in walks the Punisher w/2 AK's :o

or

have a bunch of smoke grenades drop from the top of the screen, blow up, cloud of smoke, dark figure drops from the top (skull visible) then the smoke clears. Puts away all his weapons and says "Lets Go" kinda like how Wolverine said "Lets go Bub" in MvC.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2008, 09:55:58 PM »
I would suggest Granades, Rocket Launchers, Guns, Guns and more Guns... a knife, and more guns, Shotgun, Revolver, Lazer and more Guns... when I think of the Punisher... I think of Guns and bullets. And if you go crazy and come up with some crazy, difficult to program stuff, then I think we'll be ok.  ;D

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2008, 10:43:26 PM »
I agree with Alex, who really cares if it looks like Cable? The 5 o'clock shadow should be enough, I too think the headband looks weird with Punisher (I never knew there was a version of one with him).

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2008, 03:48:20 AM »
I've been a comic fan for many years . So I remember the headband era . I think it was when Rambo was popular & Marvel comics kind of wanted to turn Punisher into Rambo . I'm pretty sure when Jim Lee drew him he had the headband .
Probably that's why it's such a fond memory for me . I loved anything Jim Lee drew back then .

Acey has the right idea . Bullets , Grenades , Rockets flying everywhere .

And if you go crazy and come up with some crazy, difficult to program stuff, then I think we'll be ok.

That's good stuff right here . Crazy , difficult to program stuff .  ;*))

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline giammo84

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 09, 2011, 06:45:44 AM
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2008, 04:32:09 AM »
wooow, it would be nice the intro posted by Tenspeed!!!
I would suggest Granades, Rocket Launchers, Guns, Guns and more Guns... a knife, and more guns, Shotgun, Revolver, Lazer and more Guns... when I think of the Punisher... I think of Guns and bullets.
I agree with Acey :)

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2008, 12:27:28 PM »
Just try to not make his weapons too much futuristic.

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2008, 02:32:43 PM »

How's this for non-futuristic/modern day artiliary...

EDIT:And here's an after comparison...

M4 Attack (beta)

The legs have been adjusted as of today tho i took this shot yesterday. Now he stands firm instead of lifting the legs. Took like 2 hours and he draws it pretty clean. I'll update the new stance later today (afterwork). 1 down, infinte more moves to go....

EDIT: Before/after comparisons are now up. Currently working on his weapons roster.

-"aPoC."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:30:30 PM by aPoCaLyPsE187 »

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2008, 03:40:41 PM »

M4 Attack (beta)

The legs have been adjusted as of today tho i took this shot yesterday. Now he stands firm instead of lifting the legs. Took like 2 hours and he draws it pretty clean. I'll update the new stance later today (afterwork). 1 down, infinte more to go....

-"aPoC."

XD||

Offline 2dgameplay

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 14, 2009, 01:42:35 PM
  • mugen creater n training
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2008, 07:01:38 PM »

M4 Attack (beta)

The legs have been adjusted as of today tho i took this shot yesterday. Now he stands firm instead of lifting the legs. Took like 2 hours and he draws it pretty clean. I'll update the new stance later today (afterwork). 1 down, infinte more to go....

-"aPoC."

XD||

omfg so cool

Offline giammo84

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 09, 2011, 06:45:44 AM
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2008, 05:18:56 AM »
I agree this is very cool :o!

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2008, 07:47:59 PM »
is that the gun you were telling me about in PM? that's fantastic!

Offline ~Wolfpaul~

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 06, 2012, 05:57:31 PM
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2008, 07:51:14 PM »
nice M4!!! i look forward to this  :thumbsup:

Userbar By The Dude Z

Offline Luis/Dshiznet

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 16, 2009, 04:58:10 PM
  • Aaron-sama
    • My myspace
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2008, 07:53:22 PM »
you need a new icon!

Offline Mugen Toons

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:November 04, 2009, 03:24:49 AM
    • MT Network
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2008, 10:46:19 PM »
Here is a portrait
i made for you

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2008, 10:49:28 PM »
Here is a portrait
i made for you

thats nice :-??
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Mugen Toons

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:November 04, 2009, 03:24:49 AM
    • MT Network
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2008, 10:57:26 PM »
and here is the icon

Offline Luis/Dshiznet

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 16, 2009, 04:58:10 PM
  • Aaron-sama
    • My myspace
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2008, 10:58:31 PM »
and here is the icon

Lol, i think it would be better if he made it from one of the ingame sprites he has.

Offline dl316bh

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:January 01, 2011, 08:07:24 PM
  • The Metal God
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2008, 11:34:45 PM »
Awesome. Someone decided to do a Punisher for MUGEN!

Punisher's always been a favorite Marvel character for me. I've always preferred his recent Punisher MAX look to the old bodysuit. Jeans, a shirt, body armor and a trenchcoat suits the street level vigilante better. The bodysuit always looked a little... goofy. XD

Still, this looks awesome. Are you going to have an intro with him in the classic brown trenchcoat?

Also, considering the fact that this is the Punisher we're dealing with here, this is a good oppourtunity to get some originality (for MUGEN anyways XD) in the weapons. Things from Magnum revolvers to shotguns to assault rifles to fully automatic weapons.

Perhaps for a hyper, something like a minigun would work. Another idea would be the battle van. It wasn't horribly advanced until Microchip upgraded them in the nineties, but Frank's always used a van as a sort of mobile base of operations and store for his weapons.

Perhaps an attack could be Frank sicing Max, the pet Rottweiler he had at one time after saving the dog from a dog fighting ring (it was relatively short lived, but it would be cool to see a nod to). Another hyper could involve a helicopter, which Frank has used before on occasion and can pilot thanks to him being a former Marine.

Something that would be cool to see as well are custom intro's for different characters he'd fight that may be in the project. Kind of like the Unlimited's Deadpool. After all, Frank's methods bring him into conflict with most of the superhero community, from Spidey to Daredevil. So characters In EoH could also have custom intro's against him, kind of like a reactionary thing, since it seems some of Infinity's creators might want him for a phase two of the project.

That's about all I got for right now. Sorry if I treaded ground someone else might have earlier. Just throwing out any ideas that came to mind off the top of my head. Big fan of Frank Castle here. ^^;;;

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2008, 12:34:56 AM »
Here is a portrait
i made for you

I like that picture and noticed it as well on the screenshot of punisher-vision

I might try and adapt that similar set up for the small portriat when i have a spare second. Thanks very much for contributing tho.  :)

Awesome. Someone decided to do a Punisher for MUGEN!

Punisher's always been a favorite Marvel character for me. I've always preferred his recent Punisher MAX look to the old bodysuit. Jeans, a shirt, body armor and a trenchcoat suits the street level vigilante better. The bodysuit always looked a little... goofy. XD

Still, this looks awesome. Are you going to have an intro with him in the classic brown trenchcoat?

Also, considering the fact that this is the Punisher we're dealing with here, this is a good oppourtunity to get some originality (for MUGEN anyways XD) in the weapons. Things from Magnum revolvers to shotguns to assault rifles to fully automatic weapons.

Perhaps for a hyper, something like a minigun would work. Another idea would be the battle van. It wasn't horribly advanced until Microchip upgraded them in the nineties, but Frank's always used a van as a sort of mobile base of operations and store for his weapons.

Perhaps an attack could be Frank sicing Max, the pet Rottweiler he had at one time after saving the dog from a dog fighting ring (it was relatively short lived, but it would be cool to see a nod to). Another hyper could involve a helicopter, which Frank has used before on occasion and can pilot thanks to him being a former Marine.

Something that would be cool to see as well are custom intro's for different characters he'd fight that may be in the project. Kind of like the Unlimited's Deadpool. After all, Frank's methods bring him into conflict with most of the superhero community, from Spidey to Daredevil. So characters In EoH could also have custom intro's against him, kind of like a reactionary thing, since it seems some of Infinity's creators might want him for a phase two of the project.

That's about all I got for right now. Sorry if I treaded ground someone else might have earlier. Just throwing out any ideas that came to mind off the top of my head. Big fan of Frank Castle here. ^^;;;

I was always a fan of the oldskool bodysuits myself (in all marvel characters X-men, Fan4, etc), but i guess that more a personal preference. Chances are that one of the intro's will be of Punisher throwing off his trenchcoat just before battle. I just haven't gotten that far along yet, but Im getting there. I'm also thinking of making a stage 3 hyper where similar to Wonder Women's invisible jet attack, I'll have Punisher jump off screen and have a green military helicoter come through with a custom sprited Nick Fury flying the heli, and Punsiher will be at the Heli door firing round after round from the heli's minigun as it flys by. Sick. It's still on in the brainstorming process.

>:-(-| : Completed more sprites. New beta move - Knife Upper

...also updated the progress list one Page 1. Completed "GetHit" Crouching animations (Light, Medium, and Heavy) and added a "Currently spriting" Section

-"aPoC."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:04:43 PM by aPoCaLyPsE187 »

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2008, 01:16:29 AM »
Looks good apoc. :)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2008, 07:47:10 AM »
and here is the icon

He looks kind of like Bruce Campbell wearing the Punishers outfit. o_O

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[Today at 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[Today at 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[Today at 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11