collapse

Author Topic: Dr.Feelgood's Rock N' Roll Discussion Thread <3  (Read 985 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: Dr.Feelgood's Rock N' Roll Discussion Thread <3
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 04:57:33 PM »
i mean to me there personal life falls all onif i like the band or not >.<

You seem just a tad judgemental friend, and no offense but the Crue were no exactly great people, and were not the best band musically (especially Nikki, great guy though) Also they looked pretty girly, and feminine at times in their career, and to be fair were a bonified MTV top 40 band no if, an, buts about it. They were pushed in the public as much as a Justin Timberlake is today.

Maybe today people have forgotten about that, but the reality is they were pretty much just as annoying as EMO back in the day. I know I was there, and Glam was pretty terrible.

Dont get me wrong I respect them, and still enjoy the Crue, but you seem like your the pot calling the kettle black so to speak.

:)

Crue was actually one of the more messed up bands . They were all pretty much heroin addicts , Nikki almosy died from it . Vince killed that guy from Hanoi Rocks while driving drunk . Tommy beat up women , But they had some good songs .

Crue was all satanic & black leather until they sold out for theatre of pain . Then the started wearing white leather , more hair spray & looking more girly . They still had some good songs on that cd . MYV pushed the hell out of smoking in the boys room & Home sweet home even more .

After that I stopped listening to them . I didn'r care for Girls , Girls , Girls or Dr Feelgood .

I'll never forget we had backstage passes for Crue theatre of pain tour & I stole Tommy Lee's mighty mouse off his drumset . My buddy took his drum head . We ran into them backstage & I'm trying to hide the mighty mouse from Tommy in my jacket . My bonehead buddy pulls out the drum head that he stole & asks Tommy to sign it . He was so f**ked up on drugs he didn't even realize it was his .   

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2008, 04:58:58 PM »
I used to like KISS when I was like 6 . They were like real live superheroes to me with that makeup .

As I got older I realized they really weren't that talented & just had a good gimmick .

So I moved on , My favorite became W.A.S.P. :DxDie Another band with catch phrases & a good gimmick . A little more mature gimmick though . Rats in meat Grinders , Girls in torture racks .

As I started maturing as a musician . I discovered what I consider to be the greatest guitarist of all time . Yngwie J Malmsteen . I had to play jusy like him !

Than the thrash scene came in & Testament was my favorite thrash metal .

Now out of the newer stuff I like Disturbed & Breaking Benjamin alot . The drummer of BB , Chad , I know personally . He told us he tried out for BB & he got the gig & we didn't believe him at first , until we seen him in the Diary of Jane vid .

I also like SIXX AM , 3 days grace , slipknot , saving abel . There's alot of metal I like .

I have alot of cds , either real or burned . Like thoudands . I even have stuff like Bonfire , Riot & Pretty Maids . Some pretty obscure Metal from the 80's & 90's . All that sh*t is original .

Being a Malmstien fan I expected you to throw in Sabotage, Fates Warning, Crimson Glory, and Dream Theatre.

I dig the Testament though, the thrash days were my favorite era of Metal.

I like all those too . But I didn't want to name off every band I listened to . I don't have that much free time  :DxDie

(click to show/hide)

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 20, 2010, 08:55:01 PM
  • You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008, 05:27:13 PM »
i like sixx am i dont think motley crue sold out thou  :DxDie thats ridiculous

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 05:32:38 PM »
I like Dream Theater, ive got 2 of their cd's
Scene from a memory and i forget the name of the other one...

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 05:33:02 PM »
Dipset Skull Gang

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2008, 05:38:08 PM »

I guess it depends on the definition of sell out. To me being on MTV every day, and having top 10 singles is selling out big time. For a long time they were pretty much on even keel with Poison.

Lotsa guys into Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax, and the other early thrash used to trounce on the Crue, and Glam fans back in the day. Not that I'm trying to egg you on, Im just kinda showing a differant perspective of the way things were back in the late 80's early 90's, because thats when I grew up, and people these days seem to want to re-write history.

Its all come full circle now, and Crue is in legend status, but believe me there was a long annoying MTV top 40 phase of their career, that not much differant than some of the stuff I heard you say you dislike.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »
Gwar ruled ! I've been covered in fruit punch many times . You know they use like fruit punch to make the dinosaurs & characters squirt blood at the shows .

(click to show/hide)

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 05:51:35 PM »

I guess it depends on the definition of sell out. To me being on MTV every day, and having top 10 singles is selling out big time. For a long time they were pretty much on even keel with Poison.

Lotsa guys into Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax, and the other early thrash used to trounce on the Crue, and Glam fans back in the day. Not that I'm trying to egg you on, Im just kinda showing a different perspective of the way things were back in the late 80's early 90's, because thats when I grew up, and people these days seem to want to re-write history.

Its all come full circle now, and Crue is in legend status, but believe me there was a long annoying MTV top 40 phase of their career, that not much different than some of the stuff I heard you say you dislike.
metallica sold out  ;*)) Big Time with there black album

i mean My chemical romance and panic at the disco, fall out boy etc. is what i like to call "Fad Bands" there in now that type of music is in so thats what every 1 likes untill a better band comes along that the lil 13yr old school girls all die for >.<

motley crue had a loyal fan base there where never around the range or in the same spot that thebands i just mentioned where in i could say years and years from now ppl will still sing motley crue's music as for MCR PATD & FOB they'll all be forgotten  and remembered as a trend

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 08:00:43 PM »

Lotsa guys into Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax, and the other early thrash used to trounce on the Crue, and Glam fans back in the day. Not that I'm trying to egg you on, Im just kinda showing a different perspective of the way things were back in the late 80's early 90's, because thats when I grew up, and people these days seem to want to re-write history.

Its all come full circle now, and Crue is in legend status, but believe me there was a long annoying MTV top 40 phase of their career, that not much different than some of the stuff I heard you say you dislike.
metallica sold out  ;*)) Big Time with there black album

i mean My chemical romance and panic at the disco, fall out boy etc. is what i like to call "Fad Bands" there in now that type of music is in so thats what every 1 likes untill a better band comes along that the lil 13yr old school girls all die for >.<

motley crue had a loyal fan base there where never around the range or in the same spot that thebands i just mentioned where in i could say years and years from now ppl will still sing motley crue's music as for MCR PATD & FOB they'll all be forgotten  and remembered as a trend

Hrmm.... I remember people saying exactly the same thing about Crue back in the day. While I tend to agree with you about the current emo trend, there's really no telling for sure who will stand the test of time. Hell, my friends and I in highschool all thought Greenday was just going to be a flash-in-the-pan trend, but they're still huge 15 years later.... I'm willing to bet there will be at least one emo band that goes on to be a "rock legend", as sad as that may be.

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 08:20:17 PM »
..... :-??

but its not going to be my chemical romance id tell you that much   ;*))

emo is already a dead trend its all about "scene" now which i swear to god is a more morden rippoff of hair metal

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2008, 08:56:27 PM »
..... :-??

but its not going to be my chemical romance id tell you that much   ;*))

emo is already a dead trend its all about "scene" now which i swear to god is a more morden rippoff of hair metal

'80's glam fashion + watered down punk sound + whiny '90's goth melodrama = emo. Yeah, it's all about "scene", although I think that's all it's ever been. Coming full circle back to my first post in this thread: the last track on MSI's new album is basically a rant on just that:

Indistinguishable from one another
No possible intention to even bother
It doesn't matter what is said or how we say it
Coincidentally, we all sound exactly the same
We all want to swindle kids out of their money
If you're still doing this 'cause you believe in it
You are so f**king lame!...

Now
There is no heart
There is no fear
We all just cry
The same old tear

Don't look to me
I do not lead
I'm just in front
And they're all following
Some other motherf**ker
Without the b***s or c***nes
To take a hold of the reins
And use them

Why is something so obvious so elusive?
There is nothing on the menu that will turn abusive
I am part of the problem
Not the solution

I'm just a prisoner
In the same prison as you
We wait for other shoes to fall into positions
Already obsolete
No one will miss us at all...

Now
There is no awe
There is no fear
We all just cry
The same old tear

I can not tell
Is it just me
Or do we all
Look just like
Adolph f**king Hitler
With this swoopy emo-boy dreamy haircut
Dangling in our faces
Making us all indescribably indistinguishable from each other
Or maybe I'm just another megalomaniac...

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2008, 09:01:39 PM »
i mean kids areso brain washed in 2 believing these bands are"saving there lives"  :lies: ugh i cant stand it 

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[Today at 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[Today at 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[Today at 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[Today at 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
19 20 21 22 23 24 25