collapse

Author Topic: Darth Vader is alreeady on the SC4 360 disc  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
Re: Darth Vader is alreeady on the SC4 360 disc
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 02:15:35 PM »
@ shinra
I'm not talking about what the drive can do . I'm talking about actual quality of the drive . Think about sony's track record . The Ps1 & Ps2 both had crap drives in them that burned out . you think they used better quality in the ps3 ? Let me sum it up for you . The Ps3 came out at $600 that's when I got mine day 1 . OK , Blue ray players were over $1200 at the time . How could sony afford to sell a video game system with a blue ray drive in it for $600 ? Answer cheap tawain made drive just like all their systems . Now at least Microsoft uses Samsung , Hitachi , & other well name quality drives in their systems .  

@G Lux
There is still no proof that Yoda is on the PS3 disc . He may really be only downloadable for the PS3 . I don't try to justify my purchase by hanging on to the d*mn thing . I paid technically $600 for the thing & I can never get that back for it . I don't need the $200 or whatever Gamestop will give me . So i would rather keep it than trade it in to them .

@Akeme
I camped out for that thing at launch for 4 days . I had a buddy that I forced to go with me  :DxDie . SO I bought 2 . Sold one that night at 1am for $1200 on ebay . So technically I guess mine was free . But I still look at it as a $600 item . If I could take it back to a store & get that for it I would . But I refuse to trade it in to Gamestop & let them rip me off & sell it for triple what they gave me . I hate thar @$$hole company . So I would rather keep it .

sell it to me on ebay for 40 bucks

XD

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:02:38 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 02:22:25 PM »
@G Lux
There is still no proof that Yoda is on the PS3 disc . He may really be only downloadable for the PS3 . I don't try to justify my purchase by hanging on to the d*mn thing . I paid technically $600 for the thing & I can never get that back for it . I don't need the $200 or whatever Gamestop will give me . So i would rather keep it than trade it in to them .

Like I said, just theories. Nothing I can prove, but ideas that make sense is all.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 03:59:41 PM »
@ shinra
I'm not talking about what the drive can do . I'm talking about actual quality of the drive . Think about sony's track record . The Ps1 & Ps2 both had crap drives in them that burned out . you think they used better quality in the ps3 ? Let me sum it up for you . The Ps3 came out at $600 that's when I got mine day 1 . OK , Blue ray players were over $1200 at the time . How could sony afford to sell a video game system with a blue ray drive in it for $600 ? Answer cheap tawain made drive just like all their systems . Now at least Microsoft uses Samsung , Hitachi , & other well name quality drives in their systems .     

Uh Sony usually has problems with 1st to 2nd generations of the systems they make hopefully mine doesn't do it). After that their Playstations seem to be fine. I bought a PS 2 years after it came out and it was fine and it probably still works eventhough I haven't touched it in years. I bought a PS2 about a year and a half after it came out and it pretty much works. I bought a PS3 within a years time when the 60 gigs started to get discontinued, so I hopefully it won't fall into the curse of there earlier systems having bad drives. Knowing that, you still bought the system and why are you talking about its drive. I mean if you know it is gonna be crap, you should have waited it out.

Yea MS might have used a good drive, but there systems did what since its first released, break down. You can't defend M$ quality when they had to bump its warranty to 3 years due to its system failures. Sure it wasn't the drive, but when looking at a console, all its things need to work right, M$ has failed much more so than Sony in this department IMO in this generation, infact IMO it is the most unreliable system that has been made the past 10 years. This is what 360 has, great software and money behind it. Sony screwed up its first year big time and it hurt them bad. I agree that first year Sony had what for games. When I got my PS3 this was when the PS3 started to get its games like Uncharted (awsome), Ratchet and Clank (awsome) and many good multiplatform games. The PS3 now has games, I have 7 PS3 titles and I am planning to buy SC 4, Little Big Planet, Bioshock with its updated and exclusive content for the PS3 sometime this year. Hey, you have a 360 and you probably have and can get those games on the 360 and one thing is that the PS3 still doesn't have enough exclusive content. However the PS3 does now have games for it to buy and have fun with.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 04:49:19 PM »
why did you really buy it if you hate ps3?

I got mine launch day & if you read the other topic mine was basically free . I thought I was going to like it , but the system doesn't have anything of interest for it . Lair was supposed to be a launch title & I wanted to get it with the system , but the kept pushing it back . Then when it finally came out it was a poor excuse for a game .

@ EndGameLv3

I bought my PS2 launch day . The first one stopped reading DVD games after about a month . I got another one & it just actually started giving me problems reading games last week . But I take extra good care of my systems & do not watch movies on them .

Nobody can throw up about the red ring of doom on 360 . Do a search on youtube for PS3 yellow light . They have jusy recently discovered PS3 has it's own light of doom . You know why it happened now ? Because for a year alot of people weren't playing their PS3 & they all sat & collected dust due to lack of games . When Metal gear came out & people's systems actually started getting some use ? Ps3's die from overheating . Microsoft is aware of their problem & extended the warranty to help the consumer . The new model coming out also has a different board which is supposed to be improved .

Sony can't fix their problem without completely redesigning the system from scratch . You know why ? Look at all the other systems . They have a power brick . Because the voltage coming out of your socket is higher that 9 volts or whatever the systems run on . The brick has coils in there that converts the voltage down . That excess energy has to go somewhere , right ? Well it escapes as heat . Sony did a totally stupid thing . They put the power brick inside the system . Hence why the thing will basically overheat & fry itself .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 04:57:25 PM »
@DT, alright i understand but you can always sell on ebay, anyways i really wished namco wasnt lazy in this version of sc i mean sw chars are nice but not that nice like when they had spawn, heihachi and link for sc4 it should have had dante anyone. Anyways i just wonder if they would allow darth vader or yoda especially or the apprentice in tournys ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 21, 2010, 12:00:11 AM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 05:16:09 PM »
Ryu Hayabusa for 360
Kratos for PS3

would have been better

to Darktalbain....I totally agree...PS3 sucks.I have one.. but I only rent the occasional Blu-Ray...I'm gonna sell this stinker as soon as a standalone Blu-Ray player with all the up-to date Java features is released at an affordable price   :D

"I am two people"      Cyclysm & Sgt.Rotter

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 12:33:28 AM »
Ryu Hayabusa for 360
Kratos for PS3

would have been better

to Darktalbain....I totally agree...PS3 sucks.I have one.. but I only rent the occasional Blu-Ray...I'm gonna sell this stinker as soon as a standalone Blu-Ray player with all the up-to date Java features is released at an affordable price   :D
Yup i agree ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 16, 2008, 07:20:26 PM
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 01:07:39 AM »
I'd say its probably a downloadable char or and creat a char...

Ryu Hayabusa for 360
Kratos for PS3

would have been better

Hand it over
  =D>

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 01:56:28 AM »
i hope more things come as dl content with vader and yoda. like letting created chars use light sabers [-O<

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 03:21:58 AM »
ps3 should have gotten kratos and 360 should have gotten loyd.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 03:22:31 AM »
er, kratos from god of war, and loyd from TOS.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 04:13:56 AM »
er, kratos from god of war, and loyd from TOS.
I agree except for Loyd.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:October 22, 2017, 05:52:53 PM
  • Back from the Ether
    • shinrahunter  *or* TwoDrunkDudes
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2008, 07:16:20 AM »
Yeah, Kratos would be sweet as would lightsaber chars and extra chars from SW (Darth Maul & Gen. Grievous)
But why are people saying ooh they should've got Dante (ps3) & ryu Hayabusa (360) ?? Do you not realise that would mean Namco would have to get permission and probably pay it's competitors to use their chars?

@ DT : i get what your saying about the earlier ps systems drives, we had a ps2 burn out in September last year but it had worked for a bout 4 years by then and my cousin's 1st gen ps1 died pretty fast (possibly due to him using the 'demo 1' trick to play copies)
But I disagree with you saying you don't want to feel ripped off by recieving $200  for your ps3, granted that is a measly £100 here ( a fraction of what my ps3 cost -£450 ) but then saying in the next sentence that you sold one on ebay for $1200. I mean, do you not see the irony in that :)
But as someone said above, I'm sure you'd get a good sale for it on ebay - just set a nice reserve price :)
Don't know how anyone could try n defend the 360's red ring problem though.

Not to bash that system though as I reckon M$ have hit the nail on the head with it and stolen a lot of sony's usual gamer market. I was gonna get one until my missus decided to go halves on a ps3, plus I'm moving to Canada and I can just take my ps3 with me (coz ps3 games are region free) whereas I'd have to get a new 360 or import eropean games (pointless seein as they always come out later than Us games).

So is it a definate then that the code aleady exists or are these idiots still tryin to hold namco to ransom?

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 01:33:39 AM »
They are still trying to muscle namco into it .

I'm not really defending the 360 red ring . It's a definate flaw of the system . But I was just saying PS3 has it's own yellow light flaw & the power brick inside seems to be a bigger flaw than the 360's bad sauter . Only time will tell on that issue .

I think the 360 games are coming out in Europe first at times . I had Soul Calibur 4 many days before it came out in the US . I think Mine is the French release , but it was region free .

As for the PS3 discussion . It's not the point that I figured out a way to manipulate the system & get my PS3 for free . It's the point that Gamestop knows what the thing & worth & they will only offer me a measly amount for it so they can make a ton of money . Since the PS3 has gone down a little in price , they won't even offer $200 anymore . It's like $130 now . Screw that I would rather drop it out of a 5 story window & watch it shatter than sell it to them . Look on ebay they aren't really going for that much . Unless the shell is a different color or something . Ebay is a big hassle anyway .   

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 04:16:57 AM »
Yeah i know what you mean about the prices they offer. We don't have gamestop in England but we do have game & gamestation they offer about £200-£250 for a PS3 which isn't much here but is about $400-$500 US.
Man, we really get screwed over the prices we pay...

I wasn't really having a go, I mean, everyones entitled to make some money and if someone's willing to pay that much, that's fine. I just found it a little funny.

ON TOPIC: I was on the digital spy forum (ps3 section) yesterday and it seems people on there are now hearing about this vader 360 issue, maybe we were a little hasty in denying it... maybe not, until namco make a statement or these guys actually release this info I guess we'll never know.

Offline Spidercide

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 23, 2023, 06:47:15 PM
    • AWESOME HARE
    • https://squareup.com/store/random-select-comics
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 04:56:45 PM »
WRRRYYYYYYYYY!

Offline The Heartbreak Kid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 30, 2011, 05:02:45 PM
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 07:30:27 PM »
WHAT!?! 9000!!!

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 07:56:05 PM »

lol I don't usual like those 9000 things but that was actually funny

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 08:48:05 PM »
LMFAO!! love it, lol.

Offline Spidercide

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 23, 2023, 06:47:15 PM
    • AWESOME HARE
    • https://squareup.com/store/random-select-comics
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 12:15:49 AM »
Sorry gang, had to do it. XD
WRRRYYYYYYYYY!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal