collapse

Author Topic: Megaman vs. Megaman X  (Read 1649 times)

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
Re: Megaman vs. Megaman X
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2008, 01:55:08 AM »
 >:-(-| Kickass Vile Sig Woblewah!

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:02:38 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2008, 11:15:32 AM »
I've never played X7 or X8. =[

Well,if you ever get the chance to, here's something to think about.

You'd have to play X7 to get some background on what's happening in X8, especially since Axl makes his debut in X7. It's like eating your veggies so you can get to the dessert. X7 is wrong for so many reasons I'll not get into here, yet X8 is awesome for the exact opposite reasons. As far as quality is conserned, I'd put X8 up there with X1-X3, but then again I'm strange because my favorite is X2 and SO many people disagree with me about that.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »
im kinda back! hehe!

by the way... theres a manga which made in brazil

the story is..

Dr.Light make roll and rock sleep in capsules... and they woke up 20XX time of X's
and blues strip roll's clothes and roll uses a metal panty and metal... uhh? smaller than bra... :o
and i dont know why.. that Blues and Forte are there...

but the story is about Rock... and Wily is there too... even sigma...
well in that story Rock is much stronger than X..

and rock dont have helmet there even X, ummm? and X's hair is black... the story is so BAD!!
dr.wily was scared on Zero i dont know why...

and the rest you can find in mechanicalmaniac website... :)

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2008, 10:37:26 PM »
Actually no one has a right to disagree with your favorite game, everyone has a right to like whatever game best and not challenge you on your opinion.  I like X6 the same as X1-5, but I have been challenged so many times for liking the game.  Not here, but on gamefaqs.com.  So I can understand why you like X2 the best.

>:-(-|Trust me, I have been cursed, insulted, and criticized for liking Final Fantasy 8 as much as Final Fantasy 7.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2008, 12:27:08 AM »
Actually no one has a right to disagree with your favorite game, everyone has a right to like whatever game best and not challenge you on your opinion.  I like X6 the same as X1-5, but I have been challenged so many times for liking the game.  Not here, but on gamefaqs.com.  So I can understand why you like X2 the best.

>:-(-|Trust me, I have been cursed, insulted, and criticized for liking Final Fantasy 8 as much as Final Fantasy 7.

I wouldn't insult you. I like FFVIII as much as FFVII myself.
I thought Cloud and Squall made a great team in Kingdom Hearts 2, but that's offtopic.
I have to agree with you that nobody should criticize on what games you like, unless it's awful, and glitchy. Like if someone liked Superman 64, then you know there's something messed up in their head.

Offline Darqueness

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 25, 2022, 08:17:56 AM
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2008, 01:12:38 AM »
Lux, I honestly believe you don't know what I mean by "Oh I'm a futuristic cool!"

Just look at how he was designed, the areas around him, etc. Future? Check.

Now look at how he fights. "Oh I'm a cool!"? Check.

Classic is much more simpler than X, which is a VERY good thing.

First off as far as Futuristic, frankly even the original classic series takes place in "200X",hence the future (considering at the time ti was 1985 or so.. And as far as fighting bad butt, as was pointing out in the series X essentially becomes a pacifist, he was never one for overly flashy badassery ala Dante and the like, that was always left up to Zero (hmm, unique hair, big sword, red and white.. coincidence, I think not..). Simpler yes, but some people aren't a fan of oversimplification.

X6 let me down for one major reason. Not the bad translation, not the "Nightmare" system that changed the level when it was highlighted in red, not even the reploid saving, or the failure to do so. It was the broken level design. X6 is the only game that you cannot past as X without any upgrades, save for having the X-buster forced on you in X1. In Fact, if you can't get past the first section of Gate's lab if you don't use the Shadow Armor or use Zero.

I remember I went into that level the first time with the Blade armor and 9 men, only to be forced to kill myself on those spikes because I couldn't get across them. I excused the game up to that point, but I can't forgive them for that.

Thank, you.. I totally agree,the game was quite decent till that one point. The concept of optionally getting what upgrades you want was interesting since X3, but essentially forcing you to play a certain way was just so blah..

In the end tho, as far as Mega Man Vs. X, they point is rather moot. It's 2 versions of the same thing and either way Keiji Inafune gets your money. I personally am a big fan of both, it's the Battle Network series I'm not fond of.. :)

Wow.. Ok, if it's cuz of the graphics, then I somewhat understand (though if the realistic looks is what you like, play FFX and FFX-2, far better than FF8). If it's story or anything else.. Seriously, when ya get a chance, play FF6 (aka FF3 for SNES in the US), far better story,character depth, more characters,everything but better graphics. :) I could go on, btu this is a Megaman topic, not FF.  ;D

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2008, 02:49:10 AM »
 >:-(-|

I played all Final Fantasys and I like the gameplay best in FF12, but story best in FF8

On Topic, Rockman X7 isn't really that terrible, to me it has the best music in the X series.  The shift from 2D to 3D is a difficult move for most 2D franchises.  I admire Capcom for taking the chance.  I like both classic and X series, I also like exe, Zero and ZX, but the thing I dislike in the Zero and ZX series is that you do not gain the Robot Master's weapon like the classic and X series.  Oh and there is a huge rumer that Keiji Inafune is working on Rockman Dash 3, says Enterbrain.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2008, 03:12:30 AM »
>:-(-|

I played all Final Fantasys and I like the gameplay best in FF12, but story best in FF8

On Topic, Rockman X7 isn't really that terrible, to me it has the best music in the X series.  The shift from 2D to 3D is a difficult move for most 2D franchises.  I admire Capcom for taking the chance.  I like both classic and X series, I also like exe, Zero and ZX, but the thing I dislike in the Zero and ZX series is that you do not gain the Robot Master's weapon like the classic and X series.  Oh and there is a huge rumer that Keiji Inafune is working on Rockman Dash 3, says Enterbrain.

I don't blame Capcom for X7, I blame Sony. They forced them to go 3D with the X series. They weren't happy that X4-X6 were 2d but they tolerated it because X4 also came out on Saturn and they wanted in on the sales, but X6 is where they drew the line. PS2 was in full swing and they weren't about to have any 2D titles on their system, so Capcom had no choice but to evolve the series. I'll admit the soundtrack was a welcome throwback to the what the series should feel like, but the engine for that game's mechanics were pretty much @$$. X's armor was for the most part useless, assuming you rescued enough reploids to actually USE him before the final levels, Zero was horrible in 2D mode because he still attacked like he was in 3D, dash jumping of a wall had the same effect as normally jumping off a wall, and the Mavericks weapons were extremely ineffective against the correct bosses, especially with Axl. You'd only get a few shots and they wouldn't even do 1/2 damage when you were done.

And then came X8 and everything was right with the world. Capcom discovered 2.5D railing. Gone was the need to rescue people, theirfore allowing you to collect all items without having to play the game over again because someone who had something of use died before you could reach them. Axl's weapons were awesome, mostly for the fact that they didn't run out, Zero was better than ever to play as, and X's armors... well damn son, those just rocked all the nuts. Throw in more bonus items and unlockables than you can shake a stick at, plus the ability to actually skip or not even use navigators and well, what more can you ask for in an X game?

I want to Sony for X6 too, again because of the PS2, but it's mostly Capcom's fault for "killing" Zero in X5. Ever wonder why X6 is only three weeks after X5? It's because they had to re-establish Zero's validity of existance because of the Mega Man Zero games. The retards kill him off, THEN decide to make a spin-off game STARRING him. So they make X6 to bridge the gap with his ending talking about how he goes to sleep for 100 years or so. Capcom only recently validated that ending in the Rockman Zero 3 Talos CD with the soundsketch explaining the after-events of the elf war, placing the ending at that point in time. But they were rushed to deliver the game because PS2 had been out for a year already in Japan and Sony wanted PS1 production to cease. As a result, we're left with bad level design, poor localization (that's company jargon for translation), and no international Opening and ending themes. Instead we get Showtaro and RoST and I bet damn well Capcom had to pay up for the music licensing fee for overseas useage of their music, Showtaro probably not so much since he voiced X for X5-X7.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 03:34:03 AM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2008, 04:02:41 AM »
Actually Sony of America wanted to 3D in the US.  Sony of Japan had no problem with 2D.  This is why all of the 2D "Tales of" series only came out in Japan as well as Metal Slugs and fighting games.  Capcom just wanted to be 3D for the next generation which didn't go so well.  Breath of Fire 5 also didn't go as well as the other Breath of Fires.  Capcom was trying to change.  Also X8 was a bit rushed along with Capcom Fighting Jam.  It wasn't a good thing that both games came out in the US first, it was actually a mistake.  Rockman X8's Gigabolt Dokragen's stage was rushed and through it didn't even become a playable level, just riding in a ship.  There was also suppose to be more to the ending as well as more stages.  I like the game, but I wished that the game wasn't rushed.  Same as CFJ, was supposed to have characters from all Capcom games.

With X5 and X6, Keiji admitts that X6 interfered with Rockman Zero 1, but later said that X6 was a success, since it was able to expand the production of the X series and kick off the start of the Zero series. 

Over all, Sony of America eventually allow Japanese companies to start bring their 2D games to the US...(Arcane Hearts, Metal Slug, etc.) :thumbsup:
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2008, 05:19:31 AM »
My apologies, this is the wrong broad to be having this conversation, I'm getting off topic again....I...vote...for...X.
 :)
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2008, 12:44:17 PM »
My apologies, this is the wrong broad to be having this conversation, I'm getting off topic again....I...vote...for...X.
 :)

Hey, I'm no better. I said I wasn't gonna go there and I did anyways.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal