collapse

Author Topic: Megaman vs. Megaman X  (Read 1653 times)

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
Megaman vs. Megaman X
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:42:13 PM »
Keep this in the Megaman world, meaning no MvC.

I say Megaman X is because:

-Has fought tougher enemies than Megaman has.
-Has lots more armor power-ups.
-Is faster, can wall jump.
-Sigma is a much tougher enemy than DR. Wily.

Sure Megaman is the original but seriously if Megaman went up against the mavericks from the X series I don't think he would be able to stand a chance against most Mavericks, let alone Sigma. And I believe that X would demolish the Robot Masters and DR. Wily if he didn't hold back.

Discuss people, this is my first time doing a topic like this.  :)

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
Re: Megaman vs. Megaman X
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 08:58:43 PM »
Classic always beats everything! Nuff said!   %-(
Coming 2099.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 10:22:23 PM »
I'd say X. Wasn't he built to be more powerful or something? Idk... he just seems stronger.

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 10:42:00 PM »
Definitely the X saga, because it has

- a more interesting (and mature) plot
- a way cooler main villain
- X's armors & robots > (lame) rush
- ZERO!!!!

and lastly... X beats the crap out of  megaman.. lol

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 10:53:47 PM »
I go with Classic.

Why?

Because he's just way better. None of that stupid "I'm a futuristic cool" bulls***.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 01:28:10 AM »
I have to go with X all the way with this one. He's far more advanced than the original Megaman. I love the Original Megaman a great deal, but he doesn't stand a chance against X or Zero or anyone from that time period.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 11:32:00 AM »
original megaman.  its simpler, and MMX is too towards for only anime kids now.

most likely more anime kids will be going for MMX.  thats one of the reasons why i started hating mmX after a while, IT GOT TO DAMN ANIME, and i jus personally dont like anime.  especially X6 and up omg those all sucked.......oh and sigma is the most annoying boss too :)

buuuut megaman X1 is the best game....hands down.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 01:14:51 PM »
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src=" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src=" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:37:29 PM by donaldb22 »

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 01:32:22 PM »
I have to go with X all the way with this one. He's far more advanced than the original Megaman. I love the Original Megaman a great deal, but he doesn't stand a chance against X or Zero or anyone from that time period.

Agreed on epic proportions.

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 01:40:28 PM »
well, if it was a soccer match, I'd go with Megaman all the way.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 01:46:53 PM »
lol i dont know about that either. x is way faster then megaman.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 02:23:37 PM »
X Statisticly is better than MegaMan across the board.

Not counting any of his armor "permutations" (Heh, had to say it), he close to a foot taller, is made of a stronger alloy, has stronger firepower, is faster, can think for himself, and has limitless potental, hence his name (X representing a variable).

@ AJ: Why would say that X would consider himself to be a "Futuristic Bad-@$$" when his character hates fighting most out of anyone in the Megaman Universe?

@Gore Whore: Megaman had three Anime OVA way before X ever came into existance and mind you, Mega Man 8 was anime style too. The only difference was that the original series stopped after a throwback to the SNES with Rockman and Bass, and even then, they used the sprite style of MM8 for that game. So that a bad arguement to say that X "GOT TO DAMN ANIME" when more than likely, both series were already there, you just didn't recognize it at the time.

To Quote the Game Overthinker "Video Games Come From JAPAN." That's not to say the US and others haven't made thier mark but essentially the major market come from Japan and still does to this day. That having been said, damn near anything that comes outta there has always been and is going to be Anime-styled and MegaMan is no exception to this rule.

Now I'll admit, MMX6 and X7 are trite pieces of crap compared to the rest of the series, but that's partly due to SONY putting the pressure on Capcom for both of those games. SONY forced them to put X6 out before it was fully developed because the PS2 was out and they wanted to stop production of PS1 games, which we have Jrock and Jpop for the opening and ending. They didn't have time to create original intro and ending music for thier international market. X7 was $#!7 because SONY wasn't going to let Capcom continue the Series in 2D anymore, it was 3D or no go. Shoot, X4 and MM8 almost didn't come out on the PS1 because Sony didn't want 2D on their systems then, but because it came out on Saturn, they had no choice or SEGA would have had exclusive coverage of the 10th anniversary of MegaMan. So X7 sucked because it was their first time trying to implement the X action into a 3D world, and it sucked. That game should have been in 2.5D, which brings me to my next point.

You can't knock MMX8 though, no way in hell, that game was F'n AWESOME. It was everything that was right about MMX. The gameplay was smooth and responsive, the difficulty was just right, a crap-ton of upgrades and unlockables, the weapons were decent, and -hate him as much as you want- Axl Kicked @$$ in that game.

@Leon: Never mock RUSH! RUSH will pwn your noob into a nub!  \-/o
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 05:57:03 PM »
LOL 99% agree.. Rush still sucks XD

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 09:39:57 PM »
Lux, I honestly believe you don't know what I mean by "Oh I'm a futuristic cool!"

Just look at how he was designed, the areas around him, etc. Future? Check.

Now look at how he fights. "Oh I'm a cool!"? Check.

Classic is much more simpler than X, which is a VERY good thing.

Also, the X series is pretty much tailored towards male anime fans (most, if not all, of you) anyway. But then again, so are four games from the Classic series. (Gore Whore doesn't know what he's talking about.)

Wtf am I saying, everyone's gonna pick X anyway. No point anymore.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 09:46:39 PM »
I gotta go with X, because Megaman X4 was the first Megaman game I played, lol.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 10:09:58 PM »
I gotta go with X, because Megaman X4 was the first Megaman game I played, lol.

Me too, and I loved it, X is a cool, but I'd prefer original any day!
Coming 2099.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 11:53:35 PM »

What?

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 02:35:35 AM »

What?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Lux, I honestly believe you don't know what I mean by "Oh I'm a futuristic cool!"

Of course I don't know what you mean, you didn't really state anything. You can't just make a statement like the above and then not give an explaination of what you're getting at or where you're going with it.

So instead of a slide, he has a dash. So he gets armor upgrades every game, Megaman had the Super Adapter in 7. The core elements between X and Megaman are very close to the same. X's only real gameplay advantage is the wall kick. Of course his character design is a bit cooler, a little helmet change here, height change there, but his character development all the way up to X7 where he finally desides to stop being a pu$$!3 and "man up" is very self-doubting, always regretting that he has to fight in the first place. If anyone is running around like he's "King $#!7" it's Zero, no questioning that. But X, where are you coming from with "Look at the way he fights" as an explaination to his "futuristic bad-@$$"ness?

Also, the X series is pretty much tailored towards male anime fans (most, if not all, of you) anyway.

Well, almost the entire MegaMan Universe aside from Legends (and even then, one can't rule it out) is aimed at male "action" fans in general. I say action because of this. When did you actually discover anime? And I don't mean (insert # of years/# years old), but when did you actually realize that what you were watching was defined as part of what you now understand anime to be?

I grew up with Megaman since I was 9, starting with MM2. When MMX4 came out, I hadn't really come to terms with what seperates Anime from everything else, and today, I honestly still don't. I understand the art style, but in the end, it's all animation to me, be it US, Japanese, French, what have you, and I don't see how it should classified differently than any other type of animation. Anime is only as big as it is for two reasons:

1) Home country support- Almost everyone in Japan watches anime, young and old, male and female, and they're not ashamed to tell you. On other hand here in the US, cartoons for the most part are labeled as child entertainment because you need to "grow up and stop watching kiddy stuff", and most adults that DO still watch cartoons won't openly admit it. That and the fact the America is completely fascinated with CGI and 3D, so much so that the standard animation market is for the most part dead as a viable entainment media source for the general audience. something people would wanna actually pay to see.

2) The internet- I'm not even going to say anything because I honestly don't have to.

Also, I wouldn't classify myself as a "male anime fan" as you so put it. I grew up on great cartoons like TMNT, Exo Squad, Transformers, Bionic Six, Thundercats, etc. And yeah, I watched Speed Racer, G-Force, Voltron, and Robotech too. I didn't know what was "anime" and what wasn't, but it didn't matter, they were cool cartoons. So Megaman had a natural adherience to me and when MMX first dropped in 92, I went off the wall. My favorite game got upgraded, and it was awesome. I really didn't notice the "anime root" of the game series until X4 came out, and even then, I really didn't consider it anime, just naturally drawn just it was made in Japan.

And now that I get "anime" I personally think the whole lore of it is overatted. If it can't catch my interest, I don't watch. Aside from what I used to watch on Adult swim when I had CN, that was the only anime I watched, and it was only cause it was easy to watch, and even then if I didn't like it (Witch Hunter Robin, Wolf's Rain, Trinity Blood just to name a few), I flipped the tv to something else. Bleach is the only show that I go out of my way to make the effort to watch every week since I haven't had CN since last August.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 07:07:01 PM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline megaman781

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 07, 2018, 11:58:50 PM
  • Capcom baby!!!
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 03:30:15 AM »
x is the perfected form of megaman -period. 8)
Damn!!

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 11:43:18 PM »
x is the perfected form of megaman -period. 8)
LOL, this man speaks the true

Offline ~Wolfpaul~

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 06, 2012, 05:57:31 PM
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 11:45:12 PM »
 ^^(PM)^, all i have to say...

Userbar By The Dude Z

Offline TGM

• Yours truly
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 26, 2022, 03:46:39 AM
  • Knowledge is power but enthusiasm pulls the switch
    • starrich55
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 12:36:13 AM »
Agree  8)

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 02:27:18 PM »
ok well DUH mmx is better than mm.    thats like if saying who will win goku or super sayin goku !!!!  :-@

but MM original is better when it comes to entertaining and playing, and was much simpler so anybody can play it.

mmx series turned into an anime kids only type of games when after X5. so when i played them i was highly annoyed and confused.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 10:41:16 PM »
ok well DUH mmx is better than mm.    thats like if saying who will win goku or super sayin goku !!!!  :-@

but MM original is better when it comes to entertaining and playing, and was much simpler so anybody can play it.

mmx series turned into an anime kids only type of games when after X5. so when i played them i was highly annoyed and confused.

Anime kids only? Do you remember the diffuculty of that game? That game is almost as hard as X3.

If any series is geared towards youth it's Exe and RnR. (That's Battle Network and Starforce. Gawd, Starforce? really?)
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 12:12:19 AM »

Anime kids only? Do you remember the diffuculty of that game? That game is almost as hard as X3.

If any series is geared towards youth it's Exe and RnR. (That's Battle Network and Starforce. Gawd, Starforce? really?)

Pffft, those games are harder and more popular with adults than you think.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.