collapse

Author Topic: Red Earth/Warzard  (Read 611 times)

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
Red Earth/Warzard
« on: February 15, 2008, 08:40:26 AM »
I think Capcom should consider a remake on the new consoles. What do you think?

Thanks DG!

Offline EPA villian

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 28, 2014, 01:20:29 PM
  • Yugo I GO!
    • Email
Re: Red Earth/Warzard
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 09:42:40 AM »
yea that would be a good butt idea :thumbsup:

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 10:25:30 AM »
Capcom just needs to release it on console period, but they seem to have completely forgotten about this little gem. The game was never popular in the few arcades it was put in. Capcom just didn't care enough to make a big deal and market it well. Just one of those great games everyone ignored, but now it's more popular than when it first came out. I don't really see Capcom bothering with a conversion when they have obviously moved on from 2D fighters and on to 3D ones with Street Fighter 4. This game had such great character designs and a interesting gameplay system...too bad you could only play with 4 characters. I just wish Capcom would still make beautiful 2D games like this, they need to get back to their roots. I guess the only way to enjoy it now is through emulation.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:02:41 AM »
 ^^(PM)^

I wish Capcom would re-release it so more ppl can enjoy it...
i never regret downloading the CPS3 Rom a while AGO

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 11:12:17 AM »
I'm one of the few people that played the arcade version(Red Earth here). I loved the game. To me it felt like a fighting game/role playing game. Kind of like Knights of the Round but 2D fighting. Gem collecting and ranking up set it apart from other 2D fighters at the time. Unfortunately it was under hyped by Capcom. They have brought the chars over to other games like Gem Fighter(Tessa), Capcom Fighting Jam(Leo, Hydron, Kenji & Hauzer), and SvC(Tessa). It's not enough though I want more!

Maybe Darkgargos we should petition Capcom.

Thanks DG!

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 11:25:25 AM »
I'm one of the few people that played the arcade version(Red Earth here). I loved the game. To me it felt like a fighting game/role playing game. Kind of like Knights of the Round but 2D fighting. Gem collecting and ranking up set it apart from other 2D fighters at the time. Unfortunately it was under hyped by Capcom. They have brought the chars over to other games like Gem Fighter(Tessa), Capcom Fighting Jam(Leo, Hydron, Kenji & Hauzer), and SvC(Tessa). It's not enough though I want more!

Maybe, if we get enough votes and pester Capcom enough....there might just might be a chance, but I highly doubt it. Capcom would only release it if it would make them money. Game companies don't care about the fans demands..only profits. Warzard wouldn't be a big enough sell for Capcom to deem it worthy of their time...the demand for the game would have to be massive for Capcom to even consider it. We could still pester them though  :D

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 11:44:14 AM »

Maybe, if we get enough votes and pester Capcom enough....there might just might be a chance, but I highly doubt it. Capcom would only release it if it would make them money. Game companies don't care about the fans demands..only profits. Warzard wouldn't be a big enough sell for Capcom to deem it worthy of their time...the demand for the game would have to be massive for Capcom to even consider it. We could still pester them though  :D
Your soo right you make me  :'(. I will try to bother them though.

Thanks DG!

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 11:59:26 AM »

Your soo right you make me  :'(. I will try to bother them though.

Couldn't hurt to try, even if it's a futile effort. Actually if Capcom did release it they would most likely only do so in some sort of collection or anthology. I think they should do a CPS3 collection or at least do one more Capcom Classics collection and add Warzard and Alien vs Predator...that's another one they didn't release on console.

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »
I'll take it in a collection. It's better than nothing. Now let's find out who I can pester >:D.

Thanks DG!

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 02:39:54 PM »
I'll take it in a collection. It's better than nothing. Now let's find out who I can pester >:D.

That would be none other than Capcom themselves  ;)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare