collapse

Author Topic: What do you think about anime that comes on TV and ones that Don't Come on TV?  (Read 1242 times)

animugen

I may get beaten up for this but......

I think anime that comes on TV is Garbage.For starters all they do is target a younger audience.Garbage like Naruto,DBZ,One Piece,Bleach,And such.Deathnote I know isn't for Children and neither is Bleach but all they bring in is anime that's all about action or a whole bunch of you have to understand it crap like Deathnote and Gundam.The only anime I like on Cartoon Network is Shin Chan.Everything else is garbage.Anime that doesn't come on TV is much better.Now THAT'S ANIME like the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya,Sayuki,Love Hina,Dirty Pair,Ninja Nonsense,Azumanga Doiah,Fullmetal Panic,Kanon,Elfin Lied,and more.I like all that and more because how for starters it's not for younger ppl,Secondly all of them aren't only action and mindless fighting crap like DBZ,Bleach,One Piece and Naruto.I wish that Cartoon Network would bring in some REAL anime not all this garbage.The only anime I liked back then was Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo until they took them out like idiots.So what do you guys think of anime that comes on TV and the ones that doesn't?

BTW I also wanted to put in what genres of anime you most but there wasn't enough room so I'll ask here.My favorite Genre is

Comedy
Romance
Fantasy
Sci Fi
Hentei

And that's about it.
What about you guys?

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
Hm. Some anime that are on T.V. I like, like Deathnote. (not cause I look like Light...) But for the most part, I like the shows that aren't internationally released, like Moyashimon and a few others (I suck at remembering names  ;*)))

As for genres, I tend towards Mecha. (I'M A GUNDAM FREAK OTAKU GUY) Other than that, I like romance and drama. Comedy's alright once in a while, as well as sci-fi.

>:-(-| It's hentAi lol.

Anything you'd recommend? I'm going to buy some dvds and the like.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

animugen

I do the same I watch anime on the internet,Buy mangas,Go to anime on demand,and buy DVDs.I'm sorry but anime that comes on TV sucks.

Offline Luis/Dshiznet

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 16, 2009, 04:58:10 PM
  • Aaron-sama
    • My myspace
    • Email
hellsing
deathnote
naruto
demon eyes kyo

are my current favorites

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
But...you said you liked Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, and those came on T.V. Make up your mind already. <_<|...|
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

animugen

But...you said you liked Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, and those came on T.V. Make up your mind already. <_<|...|

Exactly my point.They NO LONGER Come on TV didn't you see me say at the start of the topic that I said I only like Shin Chan,Samurai Champloo,& Cowboy Bebop?Did I forget to add them in lemme check.

I did I guess I should've been more clearer on the uptake.To sum it up anime on TV sucks EXCEPT Shin Chin,Samurai Champloo,Cowboy Bebop,Oh yeah one more I forgot to add in FLCL love that show and Big O how can I forget them >.< and Tenchi sh&t I forgot them.Those should be the only shows On TV that are worth watching to me.But everything else sucks monkey Nuts.   
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:01:16 AM by animugen »

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
I don't watch anime on TV because I got my own dvd collection that I add to and I download some too. Stuff on TV always gets edited and geared toward kids...just don't care for it.

Favorite genres
Sci-Fi
Fantasy
Comedy
Horror

animugen

I don't watch anime on TV because I got my own dvd collection that I add to and I download some too. Stuff on TV always gets edited and geared toward kids...just don't care for it.

Favorite genres
Sci-Fi
Fantasy
Comedy
Horror

^^(PM)^

My point exactly.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?

Exactly my point.They NO LONGER Come on TV didn't you see me say at the start of the topic that I said I only like Shin Chan,Samurai Champloo,& Cowboy Bebop?Did I forget to add them in lemme check.

I did I guess I should've been more clearer on the uptake.To sum it up anime on TV sucks EXCEPT Shin Chin,Samurai Champloo,Cowboy Bebop,Oh yeah one more I forgot to add in FLCL love that show and Big O how can I forget them >.< and Tenchi sh&t I forgot them.Those should be the only shows On TV that are worth watching to me.But everything else sucks monkey Nuts.   

I LOVE THE BIG O!

FlCL was good for a while, until the weeaboos I've seen ruined it for me. (why can't they just stop!)

And yeah, most of it sucks. There's a few hidden gems if you bother to look.  :)

animugen

I LOVE THE BIG O!

FlCL was good for a while, until the weeaboos I've seen ruined it for me. (why can't they just stop!)

And yeah, most of it sucks. There's a few hidden gems if you bother to look.  :)

See exactly on Few good anime comes on TV.Truth be told the anime that came on Back then were better than the ones that comes on now.That's because Toonami was much better back at that time.I miss the old Toonami that used to come on Weekday Afternoons.I'd always watch my shows right afterschool.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?

I LOVE THE BIG O!

See exactly on Few good anime comes on TV.Truth be told the anime that came on Back then were better than the ones that comes on now.That's because Toonami was much better back at that time.I miss the old Toonami that used to come on Weekday Afternoons.I'd always watch my shows right afterschool.

Random question: What do you think of the anime that comes on TV in Japan?

animugen

I don't know because I never been to Japan.But I know that anime comes on lots of Channels in Japan and I know that they show good anime on TV in Japan.That's one of the reasons why I want to go there because The USA sucks because of it's lack of good anime.What about you?You've been to Japan you are Japanese right if so and if you live in Japan what anime comes on over there?

Offline Marius121

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 28, 2008, 03:11:45 PM
    • Email
Two Words man "AFRO SAMURAI"  thats really all that has to be said (it is truly one of the Best in my opinion)

Then you have Ranma 1/2, or older shows.... New ones Suck butt to me though..... Huge fan of Vampire Hunter D!!

By marius121 at 2008-04-04

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
I think anime that comes on TV is Garbage.For starters all they do is target a younger audience.Garbage like Naruto,DBZ,One Piece,Bleach,And such.Deathnote I know isn't for Children and neither is Bleach but all they bring in is anime that's all about action or a whole bunch of you have to understand it crap like Deathnote and Gundam.

That "crap" anime is very popular in Japan as well. One Piece and the other "crap" shounen fighting shows/manga have been around for years and years, so there MUST be something good about it. Death Note as I mentioned is a good show. You don't need much to think about when watching Death Note. I mean it is dramatic and the characters are written well. It is MUCH different then most of the anime out there. You only think about Death Note if you want to go to this point, who is right, L for wanting to catch a guy who kills off bad people or Kira, who wants to kill off bad people. THAT'S the only thing you think about, who you think is right. Outside of that, it is a chess match between the two, a battle of wits. No OMG SUPER EPIC BATTLES or major epic power up scenes, just two men and their brains.

What about Full Metal Alchemist, Eureka 7, Blood Plus? 2 of these ANIME have won awards in Japan. Eureka 7, a journey of a young teen trying to find himself in the world and discovering love for the first time. Full Metal Alchemist, the story if two brothers struggling to get their bodies and lives back to as close as they had it once before. These are just scratches of what those 2 shows are. Lupin the 3rd is considered CLASSIC and was aired on TV.

The only anime I like on Cartoon Network is Shin Chan.Everything else is garbage.Anime that doesn't come on TV is much better.Now THAT'S ANIME like the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya,Sayuki,Love Hina,Dirty Pair,Ninja Nonsense,Azumanga Doiah,Fullmetal Panic,Kanon,Elfin Lied,and more.I like all that and more because how for starters it's not for younger ppl,Secondly all of them aren't only action and mindless fighting crap like DBZ,Bleach,One Piece and Naruto.I wish that Cartoon Network would bring in some REAL anime not all this garbage.The only anime I liked back then was Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo until they took them out like idiots.So what do you guys think of anime that comes on TV and the ones that doesn't?

Anime on tv IS REAL ANIME. It is from Japan, produced in Japan, released in Japan 1st POPULAR in Japan, both in anime and manga form. Just because it is ON TV doesn't make it ANY less of a anime. You don't like shounen fighting anime, fine, or so it seems since you went on Naruto, One Piece and Bleach. So I am guessing you most likely wouldn't like DBZ, Saint Seiya, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, etc. However it DOESN'T make them any less of a anime. I like Love Hina, but come on, it isn't anything special. OMG lets throw in a guy with a bunch a girls and stupid stuff happens. Urusei Yatsura did this back in the early 80s. Shin Chan is funny, but it is all about penis and butt jokes.

Death Note as I mentioned ISN'T mindless or garbage neither is Eureka 7 or FMA. Ghost in the Shell:SAC is pretty good too, FAR from garbage. Code Geass which will start airing soon is another great anime that did so well in Japan, they had to MAKE a different ending in order to make a 2nd season. You say mindless fighting yet I give out not 1, but 4 examples of anime that isn't mindless fighting that is on TV. Heck I am tempted to throw in Blood plus, but that can be borderline, cause there is a TON of fighting that, but nothing on the levels of Bleach, Naruto, etc. It is one thing to hate on a anime cause you watched it and just didn't like it, but it is another to bash on it because it is on TV. That is what it seems what you're doing. I can be wrong, maybe you did watch a few eps of GITS (Ghost in the Shell) and Death Note and stuff like that and just didn't like it. I just get this general feeling that "If it is on TV, it sucks" from you. Adult Swim barely edits its anime now in days. You guys can LIVE without nudity. It isn't like boobs make the story. What will happen if Haruhi made it on TV, would it automatically suck cause "noobs" will get into it? What about Chobits? Will Lucky Star get the same treatment if it gets aired on TV?

I like the anime that airs on TV. Most of it I find pretty good and some of them have landed in my favs of all time like such as FMA and Eureka 7 and Tenchi Muyo. I will admit, half of my anime watching in general is on TV. There were alot of series that aired I never watched until it was aired like FMA, Eureka 7, GITS, Death Note. If it wasn't for AS I wouldn't have KNOWN how good these shows were. I am very open minded about where I watch my anime from. If it is good, it is good. Unless it is a 4kids anime, I am not worried about the editing on TV, good story and characters > boobs and blood any day of the week and 8 times on Sunday. Anime is anime, on tv or off of it. I don't really view it any different UNLESS there were heavy edits.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 05:01:05 AM by Theendgamelv3 »

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
I hate waiting and missing anime on tv in the US. Its mostly repeats of gay shows anyway. I'll stick to watching episodes on the net in my own time.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

animugen

I think anime that comes on TV is Garbage.For starters all they do is target a younger audience.Garbage like Naruto,DBZ,One Piece,Bleach,And such.Deathnote I know isn't for Children and neither is Bleach but all they bring in is anime that's all about action or a whole bunch of you have to understand it crap like Deathnote and Gundam.

That "crap" anime is very popular in Japan as well. One Piece and the other "crap" shounen fighting shows/manga have been around for years and years, so there MUST be something good about it. Death Note as I mentioned is a good show. You don't need much to think about when watching Death Note. I mean it is dramatic and the characters are written well. It is MUCH different then most of the anime out there. You only think about Death Note if you want to go to this point, who is right, L for wanting to catch a guy who kills off bad people or Kira, who wants to kill off bad people. THAT'S the only thing you think about, who you think is right. Outside of that, it is a chess match between the two, a battle of wits. No OMG SUPER EPIC BATTLES or major epic power up scenes, just two men and their brains.

What about Full Metal Alchemist, Eureka 7, Blood Plus? 2 of these ANIME have won awards in Japan. Eureka 7, a journey of a young teen trying to find himself in the world and discovering love for the first time. Full Metal Alchemist, the story if two brothers struggling to get their bodies and lives back to as close as they had it once before. These are just scratches of what those 2 shows are. Lupin the 3rd is considered CLASSIC and was aired on TV.

The only anime I like on Cartoon Network is Shin Chan.Everything else is garbage.Anime that doesn't come on TV is much better.Now THAT'S ANIME like the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya,Sayuki,Love Hina,Dirty Pair,Ninja Nonsense,Azumanga Doiah,Fullmetal Panic,Kanon,Elfin Lied,and more.I like all that and more because how for starters it's not for younger ppl,Secondly all of them aren't only action and mindless fighting crap like DBZ,Bleach,One Piece and Naruto.I wish that Cartoon Network would bring in some REAL anime not all this garbage.The only anime I liked back then was Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo until they took them out like idiots.So what do you guys think of anime that comes on TV and the ones that doesn't?

Anime on tv IS REAL ANIME. It is from Japan, produced in Japan, released in Japan 1st POPULAR in Japan, both in anime and manga form. Just because it is ON TV doesn't make it ANY less of a anime. You don't like shounen fighting anime, fine, or so it seems since you went on Naruto, One Piece and Bleach. So I am guessing you most likely wouldn't like DBZ, Saint Seiya, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, etc. However it DOESN'T make them any less of a anime. I like Love Hina, but come on, it isn't anything special. OMG lets throw in a guy with a bunch a girls and stupid stuff happens. Urusei Yatsura did this back in the early 80s. Shin Chan is funny, but it is all about penis and butt jokes.

Death Note as I mentioned ISN'T mindless or garbage neither is Eureka 7 or FMA. Ghost in the Shell:SAC is pretty good too, FAR from garbage. Code Geass which will start airing soon is another great anime that did so well in Japan, they had to MAKE a different ending in order to make a 2nd season. You say mindless fighting yet I give out not 1, but 4 examples of anime that isn't mindless fighting that is on TV. Heck I am tempted to throw in Blood plus, but that can be borderline, cause there is a TON of fighting that, but nothing on the levels of Bleach, Naruto, etc. It is one thing to hate on a anime cause you watched it and just didn't like it, but it is another to bash on it because it is on TV. That is what it seems what you're doing. I can be wrong, maybe you did watch a few eps of GITS (Ghost in the Shell) and Death Note and stuff like that and just didn't like it. I just get this general feeling that "If it is on TV, it sucks" from you. Adult Swim barely edits its anime now in days. You guys can LIVE without nudity. It isn't like boobs make the story. What will happen if Haruhi made it on TV, would it automatically suck cause "noobs" will get into it? What about Chobits? Will Lucky Star get the same treatment if it gets aired on TV?

I like the anime that airs on TV. Most of it I find pretty good and some of them have landed in my favs of all time like such as FMA and Eureka 7 and Tenchi Muyo. I will admit, half of my anime watching in general is on TV. There were alot of series that aired I never watched until it was aired like FMA, Eureka 7, GITS, Death Note. If it wasn't for AS I wouldn't have KNOWN how good these shows were. I am very open minded about where I watch my anime from. If it is good, it is good. Unless it is a 4kids anime, I am not worried about the editing on TV, good story and characters > boobs and blood any day of the week and 8 times on Sunday. Anime is anime, on tv or off of it. I don't really view it any different UNLESS there were heavy edits.

^^(PM)^

Ha you always have ALOT to say when it comes to anime but here's the truth.I watched a couple episodes of deathnote,Bleach,One Piece Etc.The stuff that comes on TV I'm just not feeling it for those shows.But I do for shows like GTO,Love Hina,The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya,Fullmetal Panic,Dirty Pair,Samurai Champloo,Fullmetal Alchemist,Shin Chan,(Oh yeah completely forgot about Lupin the 3rd thanks for bringing that out)Cowboy bebop,Saiyuki,Chobits,Tenchi Muyo, and more.You think I don't like all that stuff just because there's no boobs and such that really gets annoying when ppl keep on assuming that.Saiyuki is about 4 guys there are no main female chars in it and I love it,Fullmetal Panic is Mech and I love it,I'm not bashing any shows I'm just putting it in my opinion that's just me I think it's garbage.I know those shows are liked in Japan and I know they are anime but I meant that their not really good anime sure there are uncut ones but I still don't feel it.That's just me.To sum it up I'm picky when it comes to anime end of story.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
lol first of all anime is annoying enough as it is i dont know i use to be an anime freak too but i noticed that all it does is brainwash ppl into wishing they were japanese or lived in japan. i only like a few animes and its rare that i even watch them. and secondly why would u watch hentai lol thats just idk man if u wanted to masturbate why dont u do it to real porn it seems like only virgins watch hentai nowa days.

animugen

lol first of all anime is annoying enough as it is i dont know i use to be an anime freak too but i noticed that all it does is brainwash ppl into wishing they were japanese or lived in japan. i only like a few animes and its rare that i even watch them. and secondly why would u watch hentai lol thats just idk man if u wanted to masturbate why dont u do it to real porn it seems like only virgins watch hentai nowa days.

Dude if you have nothing nice to say then GET OUT before I report you to a mod.I like Hentei Personally because my GF and I both watch it together FYI.But Please stop.I ask Kindly.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email

Dude if you have nothing nice to say then GET OUT before I report you to a mod.I like Hentei Personally because my GF and I both watch it together FYI.But Please stop.I ask Kindly.

^-^ :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :-j lol are u serious? thats kinda weird i never met a couple that watched Hentai LMAO that sounds kinda fun

animugen

^-^ :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :-j lol are u serious? thats kinda weird i never met a couple that watched Hentai LMAO that sounds kinda fun

Oh boy. 8=|

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
I don't know because I never been to Japan.But I know that anime comes on lots of Channels in Japan and I know that they show good anime on TV in Japan.That's one of the reasons why I want to go there because The USA sucks because of it's lack of good anime.What about you?You've been to Japan you are Japanese right if so and if you live in Japan what anime comes on over there?

To be honest, I'm Filipino/Chinese, which is ironic cause of WW2.  ;*))

Well, not all of the anime that airs there are good. I mean sure, some of them are good, but others are bad. (like Gurren Lagann, but that's just me since I'm a Gundam fan  :|)

And I was there over the summer, so pretty much all I've watched was Gurren Lagann, Lucky Star, and School Days. There's probably more that was shown when I was there, but I spent most of my time in Akiba.

animugen

Man dude your lucky you've been to Japan I want to go there. :( *Pouts*

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email

u got to have money to go there when i was takin japanese class they had a trip to japan i didnt sine up didn't want to spend da money my japanese friend said its kinda boring out there though.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?

u got to have money to go there when i was takin japanese class they had a trip to japan i didnt sine up didn't want to spend da money my japanese friend said its kinda boring out there though.

Yup, it's not as good as people (anime fans) say it is. It's just like America. Except japanese.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
 >:-(-|

Yup, it's not as good as people (anime fans) say it is. It's just like America. Except japanese.

I would like to go as well and have heard the same things. More times folks tell me to take US dollars though...depends on where u spend it too, they say :-??
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD