collapse

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL (All topics Merged)  (Read 127258 times)

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
Re: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL discussion
« Reply #550 on: November 30, 2007, 05:48:25 PM »
Neither does Snake and Sonic IMO :P

yea i know am not a big fans of the two additions, sonic sorts of fits in the new graphic look

I sorta have mixed feelings about the whole 3rd party thing. Part of me thinks it wouldn't hurt to have 3rd parties, and part of me thinks Smash bros should stay as is, so... idk...

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #551 on: November 30, 2007, 07:19:36 PM »
and what about KOS-MOS (xenosaga) and cloud (final fantasy)?   :DxDie

(this is just a loke, but sonic will really be in this game)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #552 on: November 30, 2007, 07:29:47 PM »
no he doesnt... trust me im a big @$$ megaman fan!! like hardcore fan.  but thats gonna mess up supersmash bros in the long run.  ya its gonna be cool at first but then creators are gonna be runnin out of characters and adding other companies characters.     ya right now it wont EXACTLY be mugen......but it will...if they continue this.

They ALREADY stated that they don't want to have many Outsiders, as I said 3 is the limit, 2 Could be the max. Besides this characters are NOT replacing anybody, they're like getting Melee plus this outsiders, something like that.

I still won't want megaman in the game, the idea of megaman is just weird like he doesn't fit in with it all
Dude. They have Samus, and Kirby.
Megaman is known for absorbing other peoples powers
(Kirby has that power through eating people)
Samus has a charge beam, so does Megaman.
Honestly, he makes more sense to be in Smash bros than Snake.  :|

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #553 on: November 30, 2007, 07:43:37 PM »
no he doesnt... trust me im a big @$$ megaman fan!! like hardcore fan.  but thats gonna mess up supersmash bros in the long run.  ya its gonna be cool at first but then creators are gonna be runnin out of characters and adding other companies characters.     ya right now it wont EXACTLY be mugen......but it will...if they continue this.

They ALREADY stated that they don't want to have many Outsiders, as I said 3 is the limit, 2 Could be the max. Besides this characters are NOT replacing anybody, they're like getting Melee plus this outsiders, something like that.

I still won't want megaman in the game, the idea of megaman is just weird like he doesn't fit in with it all

frankly, i am with ya in this one, how do you put a char like snake in this game? okay, he looks bada** but he doesnt fit with mario, well atleast with pit
who looks bada** too, thats all i gonna say

BTW:anyone knows whos gonna be the last boss? (i am tired of master hand)  :-??

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #554 on: November 30, 2007, 09:12:30 PM »
no he doesnt... trust me im a big @$$ megaman fan!! like hardcore fan.  but thats gonna mess up supersmash bros in the long run.  ya its gonna be cool at first but then creators are gonna be runnin out of characters and adding other companies characters.     ya right now it wont EXACTLY be mugen......but it will...if they continue this.

frankly, i am with ya in this one, how do you put a char like snake in this game? okay, he looks bada** but he doesnt fit with mario, well atleast with pit

Hideo Kojima begged Sakurai to put Snake into SSBM, but it was too late as the game was to far into the developmental stages. That's basically why Snake is in Brawl. Also, the SSB series never made sense, so of course Snake fits in.

(the boss question) No one except the team making the game knows who the final boss will be. Besides, it comes out in February, so how exactly would any of us know?

Hope that explains things.  :thumbsup:
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #555 on: November 30, 2007, 11:12:14 PM »

No Love for Ike? :(

At First I wouldn't think Captain Falcon Fits even being a Nintendo Character, But then you get how important he is to the series.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #556 on: November 30, 2007, 11:13:20 PM »

No Love for Ike? :(

At First I wouldn't think Captain Falcon Fits even being a Nintendo Character, But then you get how important he is to the series.
true.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #557 on: November 30, 2007, 11:26:08 PM »
no he doesnt... trust me im a big @$$ megaman fan!! like hardcore fan.  but thats gonna mess up supersmash bros in the long run.  ya its gonna be cool at first but then creators are gonna be runnin out of characters and adding other companies characters.     ya right now it wont EXACTLY be mugen......but it will...if they continue this.

Hideo Kojima begged Sakurai to put Snake into SSBM, but it was too late as the game was to far into the developmental stages. That's basically why Snake is in Brawl. Also, the SSB series never made sense, so of course Snake fits in.

(the boss question) No one except the team making the game knows who the final boss will be. Besides, it comes out in February, so how exactly would any of us know?

Do you think they're going to have Metal Gear from MGS2 as a boss? What was the name? Ray? I can't remember.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #558 on: December 01, 2007, 12:35:16 AM »
i highly doubt it.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #559 on: December 01, 2007, 01:14:41 AM »
lmao i didnt even know ssb had a story to it. i just simply thought it was just super smash bros where chars from different games came together to pummel each other. hell im going to take a radical stand here and say they should throw in chars from different games. it would most likely turn into a mugen but hey, who wouldnt want that?!! ;D

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #560 on: December 01, 2007, 01:59:33 AM »
lmao i didnt even know ssb had a story to it. i just simply thought it was just super smash bros where chars from different games came together to pummel each other. hell im going to take a radical stand here and say they should throw in chars from different games. it would most likely turn into a mugen but hey, who wouldnt want that?!! ;D

Um, I DEFINITELY don't want that.

Do you think they're going to have Metal Gear from MGS2 as a boss? What was the name? Ray? I can't remember.

Hm. If that would help explain Snake's presence in the game, then hell yeah. Otherwise, I doubt it. The way things look now, it seems as if that's the most we'll get from the MGS series.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 02:02:04 AM by [Asian-Jesus] »
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #561 on: December 01, 2007, 02:04:17 AM »

why not?

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #562 on: December 01, 2007, 02:08:18 AM »

why not?

Because it's Smash Bros., not Mugen. Smash =/= Mugen. And there's already Snake and Sonic, and hopefully that's it.

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #563 on: December 01, 2007, 02:19:28 AM »
hm, well..i KINDA get your point. but i guess the way im seeing it, from what everyones opinion is, i dont see anything wrong with including extra characters. i guess unless they do start including chars from fighting games such as ryu, spiderman, or anyone that isnt something a little more kiddish like mario and pokemon. not only that but the way i see it, i see it like a mini mugen, becuase in essence it kinda is. getting characters from different bases together to duke it out.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #564 on: December 01, 2007, 02:49:02 AM »
hm, well..i KINDA get your point. but i guess the way im seeing it, from what everyones opinion is, i dont see anything wrong with including extra characters. i guess unless they do start including chars from fighting games such as ryu, spiderman, or anyone that isnt something a little more kiddish like mario and pokemon. not only that but the way i see it, i see it like a mini mugen, becuase in essence it kinda is. getting characters from different bases together to duke it out.

It's a crossover between Nintendo Characters AND Special Guest Appearences of Snake, Sonic and Possibly someone else.

I understand Nintendo: It has to be Characters that starred in a Nintendo console before at least once and it has to be a character originated in a videogame.

Megaman Deserves!

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #565 on: December 01, 2007, 03:33:45 AM »

Hm. The way you put it I kinda see what you're getting at.

btw: Mario and Pokemon are kiddy now? Those are huge misconceptions about Nintendo that really tick me off.  <_<|...|

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #566 on: December 01, 2007, 04:37:30 AM »

btw: Mario and Pokemon are kiddy now? Those are huge misconceptions about Nintendo that really tick me off.  <_<|...|
Which game is more difficult? The original Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Sunshine or The New Super Mario Bros.
The answer would have to be the original. I've beaten SMS like it was nothing, I smashed through TNSMB... really.
The way the Pokemon series keeps going is pretty sad because all they do is re-do everything. Instead of giving the same pokemon though, they just make equivalents of most of the characters. All you really need is Pokemon Red and Blue and that's pretty much what you do in all the sequels. Sure the sequels have better graphics, added abilities, but strip all that, and what do you get? An expansion pack of what we've played like 10 years ago. Plus after red and blue, it looked like they tried to make the character designs appeal to toddlers.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #567 on: December 01, 2007, 05:31:15 AM »

Which game is more difficult? The original Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Sunshine or The New Super Mario Bros.
The answer would have to be the original. I've beaten SMS like it was nothing, I smashed through TNSMB... really.
The way the Pokemon series keeps going is pretty sad because all they do is re-do everything. Instead of giving the same pokemon though, they just make equivalents of most of the characters. All you really need is Pokemon Red and Blue and that's pretty much what you do in all the sequels. Sure the sequels have better graphics, added abilities, but strip all that, and what do you get? An expansion pack of what we've played like 10 years ago. Plus after red and blue, it looked like they tried to make the character designs appeal to toddlers.

It's just like how the Mario series keeps going. It's always the same things over and over, and don't get me started on the colors used in the more recent games.....y'know, the kinds of colors that "appeal to toddlers."

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #568 on: December 01, 2007, 05:42:06 AM »

It's just like how the Mario series keeps going. It's always the same things over and over, and don't get me started on the colors used in the more recent games.....y'know, the kinds of colors that "appeal to toddlers."
I'm just saying, the design's were a lot more like, ooh wow in the original series, in all the newer games, it's not as wowy. It's just my personal opinion that they should have quit while they were ahead. The anime series is just horrible. Just about the same thing happens every season. I started Pokemon when I was like 11 and proudly quit the series when I was 13.  In my mind it just goes up to 151. When they said gotta catch them all. That was it. 151 was all. Then the sequel came out, and I was like, OH HELL NAH, I did all that damn work for nothing. Leafgreen and Fire red  were perhaps the only good sequels. Yellow was alright.

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #569 on: December 01, 2007, 12:25:32 PM »

well its just i mean do a quick comparison....super mario / wolverine. i wonder whos more violent? who would mother rather approve of more? thats what i mean by the chars being more for kids. and also like sayed in later posts, "appeal to toddlers." regardless though, that doesnt mean i wont ever play the games anymore, hell i still play mario on my 64  :thumbsup:

about the continuous games they keep making, i agree. they should have stopped a lonnnnnnggg time ago. mario is now in space, power rangers went to space and back, now all thats left is for pokemon to go to space. its honestly ridiculous...but hey...w/e sells and w/e gets the creators more money theyll do. they dont give a f**k which is why i dont anymore.

Offline Tomonari

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 22, 2008, 06:04:08 PM
« Reply #570 on: December 01, 2007, 12:39:06 PM »
I'm just happy that they have Lucas from Mother 3 in the game!  :thumbsup: I hope that means that there is a possibility for an American release of Mother 3.......however, it irks me how they made his Final Smash PK Starstorm, where as in Mother 3 Lucas's true move was PK Love.....

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #571 on: December 01, 2007, 02:48:26 PM »
Quote from: VKM

Well it's pretty much the same with Car Games and Sport Games. :P

My Favorite Version's Gold/Silver, because you HAVE to admit that Steelix, Scizor, Lugia ,Tyranitar, Skarmory, HoundDoom/Houndour,Typhlosion and Feraligatr rock. I find G/S to be the better versions because it included all the Kanto and Johto regions, You could Clone Your Pokémons and it had a Night and Day system, etc.

R/S wasn't as cool however, Only Groudon, Aggron, Deoxys and Rayquaza I like from that series.

In the end...It doesn't matter how many PKMNs they create....They can't be better than Mewtwo. :)

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #572 on: December 01, 2007, 04:14:50 PM »
it irks me how they made his Final Smash PK Starstorm, where as in Mother 3 Lucas's true move was PK Love.....
Another reason why Poo should be in instead of him. That was his move.  :(

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #573 on: December 01, 2007, 04:34:47 PM »
I'm just happy that they have Lucas from Mother 3 in the game!  :thumbsup: I hope that means that there is a possibility for an American release of Mother 3.......however, it irks me how they made his Final Smash PK Starstorm, where as in Mother 3 Lucas's true move was PK Love.....

I highly doubt an American Mother 3, since Japan has got the entire Mother series on the GBA, while all we got was Earthbound. I suggest that you just get the Mother 1+2 pack and Mother 3 from Play-Asia.

Offline Tomonari

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 22, 2008, 06:04:08 PM
« Reply #574 on: December 01, 2007, 05:32:40 PM »
it irks me how they made his Final Smash PK Starstorm, where as in Mother 3 Lucas's true move was PK Love.....
Another reason why Poo should be in instead of him. That was his move.  :(

Yeah, but it was Kuma's (shortened her long name which I forget) move in Mother 3. Her's is stronger...... Besides, I'd so love to play as Boney if they made that dog a character!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[Today at 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[Today at 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[Today at 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare