collapse

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL (All topics Merged)  (Read 127366 times)

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
Re: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL discussion
« Reply #1700 on: March 08, 2008, 11:12:06 PM »
Damn I cant friggin wait anymore! I wanna play my mains from Melee. lol today has been pretty quick for me though, seeing as how I spent the whole day getting achievements for CoD4 #:-S All thats left is to beat the last 3 missions on legendary.

*lol* I wish it was quick for me. It has been the slowest day in a long time for me. (:|

Can't wait for tommorrow afternoon. I swear if they don't have any copies left at Best Buy I am going to >:(

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #1701 on: March 08, 2008, 11:13:51 PM »
Damn I cant friggin wait anymore! I wanna play my mains from Melee. lol today has been pretty quick for me though, seeing as how I spent the whole day getting achievements for CoD4 #:-S All thats left is to beat the last 3 missions on legendary.

*lol* I wish it was quick for me. It has been the slowest day in a long time for me. (:|

Can't wait for tommorrow afternoon. I swear if they don't have any copies left at Best Buy I am going to >:(

I think they will. Big stores always have a crapton of copies.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #1702 on: March 08, 2008, 11:16:41 PM »

Yeah I hope so, but No More Heroes was sold out the weekend it was released. I just don't want that to happen especially when Brawl is a more popular title.

... then again. It's Brawl, it will have more copies than NMH did on release. My BB had about 40 or so copies of DMC4 on PS3 when it was released. 20 Collectors and 20 regular editions. I should be in the clear hopefully [-O<

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #1703 on: March 08, 2008, 11:19:48 PM »

Yeah I hope so, but No More Heroes was sold out the weekend it was released. I just don't want that to happen especially when Brawl is a more popular title.

... then again. It's Brawl, it will have more copies than NMH did on release. My BB had about 40 or so copies of DMC4 on PS3 when it was released. 20 Collectors and 20 regular editions. I should be in the clear hopefully [-O<

Ubisoft didn't expect NMH to sell much so they didn't make enough copies, they were so wrong...But can't blame them, NMH did kinda bad in Japan so it is unexpected if you don't go and make some real research.

Brawl was delayed to avoid a situation like that so pretty much you will still find Brawl on the 3rd day.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #1704 on: March 08, 2008, 11:30:59 PM »
Ubisoft didn't expect NMH to sell much so they didn't make enough copies, they were so wrong...But can't blame them, NMH did kinda bad in Japan so it is unexpected if you don't go and make some real research.

Brawl was delayed to avoid a situation like that so pretty much you will still find Brawl on the 3rd day.

I don't know why it did bad in Japan, it's a great game. I love it.

But I hope you all are right, it's killing me having to wait so long. So, hopefully I will see you guys on Brawl tommrrow :thumbsup:... or Monday cause I want to unlock all the characters first (which takes 8 hours on average to complete SE)

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #1705 on: March 08, 2008, 11:39:24 PM »

But I hope you all are right, it's killing me having to wait so long. So, hopefully I will see you guys on Brawl tommrrow :thumbsup:... or Monday cause I want to unlock all the characters first (which takes 8 hours on average to complete SE)

NMH did bad in Japan because it was specifically made for a western audience. (if you look closely travis is a f**k*** weeaboo)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1706 on: March 08, 2008, 11:43:04 PM »

NMH did bad in Japan because it was specifically made for a western audience. (if you look closely travis is a f**k*** weeaboo)

Haha! Japanese Audiences ask for too much or sometimes for really simple stuff...In the end I still love most of that culture.

Anyone noted that Bowser has Necrid's Voice from Soul Calibur II? Took me off guard. :D

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #1707 on: March 08, 2008, 11:56:57 PM »

Haha! Japanese Audiences ask for too much or sometimes for really simple stuff...In the end I still love most of that culture.

Anyone noted that Bowser has Necrid's Voice from Soul Calibur II? Took me off guard. :D

You mean you like the way they treat women? The culture's not as good as anime or things like that say. Whatever though.

WAIT. He does?

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1708 on: March 09, 2008, 12:04:05 AM »
You mean you like the way they treat women? The culture's not as good as anime or things like that say. Whatever though.

WAIT. He does?

That's why I said Most! ;)

Yeah He does! Like he doesn't say a thing but his grunts and Growls are the same, some are remixed to sound deeper only, I thought the voice was a treat for Giga Bowser only but Regular Bowser has the same voice! :o

Wait for Bowser's Part. When he does the Upward Smash!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 12:06:06 AM by Gigan X3 »

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #1709 on: March 09, 2008, 12:44:40 AM »
So I just got back from the brawl tournament at gamestop. I didn't count on them using the wii controllers since it's a fighting game, and fighting games suck when using the wii controllers. So I got pwnd in the first round. It was the weirdest match up too.  ???

What happened was when I signed up about 2 weeks ago some kid said Lucario being in SSBB was good, then I said nah, Mewtwo should be in because he didn't die in his own movie. So we fought back and fourth about it. Today Gamestop used some type of random match pairing in SSBB, luckily though I got pinned up against who I wanted to fight anyways (the weirdest part was it was 1/30 chances, so I guess you could say I have the devils luck when it comes to chance). So I played as Link and he played as Metaknight, and he kicked my @ss. Link feels weaker then the first 2 games, and metaknight was fast as hell.  The audience shouted Pokeball, so of course I grabbed the damn ball and threw it.... and can you guess what it was?

..... A Goldeen.  :'(

So in short I got my @ss handed to me. He lost in the second round. The last round the winner was a Mario user.
So yeah.... The Mascot of Nintendo won the tournament @ my local tournament.

Did anybody else do the tournament? I'm interested in hearing stories.

Offline TrunkJunky

• Re-emerging Stage Maker
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 26, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
  • I know nothing about making anything anymore.
    • TrunJunky MUGEN Partay Mode!!!
« Reply #1710 on: March 09, 2008, 01:11:04 AM »

But there will also be a crapton of people franticly stampeding towards the electronics section with bloodshot eyes, unshaven faces, and a severe lack of civility who will battle almost to the death for their copy of Brawl until the last one is brutally ripped from its resting place upon the now empty shelves.

:DxDie

It's the Nintendo Wii and PS3 launch date incidents all over again. :o

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #1711 on: March 09, 2008, 03:30:24 AM »

But there will also be a crapton of people franticly stampeding towards the electronics section with bloodshot eyes, unshaven faces, and a severe lack of civility who will battle almost to the death for their copy of Brawl until the last one is brutally ripped from its resting place upon the now empty shelves.

:DxDie

It's the Nintendo Wii and PS3 launch date incidents all over again. :o
Exactly ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #1712 on: March 09, 2008, 03:36:33 AM »
I saw the english name of the final boss in SSE

its pronounced Tabuu not Taboo
Currently in need of one

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1713 on: March 09, 2008, 03:57:13 AM »

Pronounced or written? Is there an Announcer in SSE?

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #1714 on: March 09, 2008, 04:02:12 AM »
well I got the game someone gimme ur friend code so we can fight :thumbsup:

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #1715 on: March 09, 2008, 04:10:12 AM »
well I got the game someone gimme ur friend code so we can fight :thumbsup:

but is yours up?

it was written in the name Tabuu in the game im playing I just pronounced it
Currently in need of one

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1716 on: March 09, 2008, 04:33:33 AM »

Tabuu huh?

Anyway, Are all of your discs reading properly? A lot of people are getting errors because of dusty Wiis. ???

The Update that comes with your Disc updates the console to 3.2?

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #1717 on: March 09, 2008, 04:39:54 AM »

Tabuu huh?

Anyway, Are all of your discs reading properly? A lot of people are getting errors because of dusty Wiis. ???

The Update that comes with your Disc updates the console to 3.2?

working fine with me
Currently in need of one

Offline KenshinX

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2011, 01:36:06 PM
« Reply #1718 on: March 09, 2008, 06:09:54 AM »
Well I finished my tourney awhile ago and man was it exciting. Lots of screaming ppl and fun. I got to the semi-finals to be beaten in a sudden death match :'( I wouldve won if I had not charged Marth who used counter as I hit him lol. I also took out the best in the tourney. The guy who was playing metaknight was really good. Lot of ppl thought he had the game bc of the way he was playing. He even flew under the stage XD That was my most exciting match both of us missing specials on eachother to me ending it in a sudden death. Whats cool was gamestop unlocked a couple characters so I was able to use Marth. Overall I had a great time in my first tourney. Just getting to the semi finals was happy enough for me. :thumbsup:

Offline KenshinX

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2011, 01:36:06 PM
« Reply #1719 on: March 09, 2008, 06:12:41 AM »
So I just got back from the brawl tournament at gamestop. I didn't count on them using the wii controllers since it's a fighting game, and fighting games suck when using the wii controllers. So I got pwnd in the first round. It was the weirdest match up too.  ???

What happened was when I signed up about 2 weeks ago some kid said Lucario being in SSBB was good, then I said nah, Mewtwo should be in because he didn't die in his own movie. So we fought back and fourth about it. Today Gamestop used some type of random match pairing in SSBB, luckily though I got pinned up against who I wanted to fight anyways (the weirdest part was it was 1/30 chances, so I guess you could say I have the devils luck when it comes to chance). So I played as Link and he played as Metaknight, and he kicked my @ss. Link feels weaker then the first 2 games, and metaknight was fast as hell.  The audience shouted Pokeball, so of course I grabbed the damn ball and threw it.... and can you guess what it was?

..... A Goldeen.  :'(

So in short I got my @ss handed to me. He lost in the second round. The last round the winner was a Mario user.
So yeah.... The Mascot of Nintendo won the tournament @ my local tournament.

Did anybody else do the tournament? I'm interested in hearing stories.

We didnt get items besides smashball but we got 2m fights which was nice :thumbsup: The Wii remote definently felt odd and the gameplay was quite diffrent feel then melee. I couldve done without all the screaming fangirls though. :D

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #1720 on: March 09, 2008, 06:25:44 AM »
Wow atleast you got to the semi finals. ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline SargentMugen

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 26, 2011, 06:36:19 PM
  • Check your mail. There's an "attached" present.
« Reply #1721 on: March 09, 2008, 09:34:49 AM »
Well, I'm-a go get it soon. ;) Also, one more question. How did everyone else get Brawl so early?

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 20, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
« Reply #1722 on: March 09, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »
Well, I'm-a go get it soon. ;) Also, one more question. How did everyone else get Brawl so early?

Some non-game stores were selling it early for shipping reasons or something.

Offline TrunkJunky

• Re-emerging Stage Maker
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 26, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
  • I know nothing about making anything anymore.
    • TrunJunky MUGEN Partay Mode!!!
« Reply #1723 on: March 09, 2008, 01:32:52 PM »

Some people preordered it on the east coast, so they got it earlier than the rest of the US.

Offline Codyman155

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2018, 05:59:05 PM
  • <_<
    • Email
« Reply #1724 on: March 09, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »
I'm getting mines today
I also got to play brawl in EB games when they had it(yesterday)

I've played alot with Olimar and he was pretty fun,I even got to unlock two characters with him lol.
I also played with Lucas and Luigi,I was pretty good with them as well
I've gotten used to the wiimote+nunchuck it felt pretty good

I can't wait to get my hands on it!

thank you Daigo!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[Today at 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[Today at 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[Today at 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare