collapse

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL (All topics Merged)  (Read 127653 times)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
Re: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL discussion
« Reply #950 on: January 30, 2008, 05:22:41 PM »
I'd like to point out that just because a character has similar moves does not mean that the properties of the moves are the same. This usually warrants a very different playing style. look at ryu and ken in third strike. they both similar moves, but you won't get far trying to play the same with both of them.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #951 on: January 30, 2008, 05:26:59 PM »
 @-) cut scenes n this game are great :w00t:
[youtube=425,350]XQtNW6OL7JI[/youtube]

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #952 on: January 30, 2008, 05:28:09 PM »
Quote from: Teros
Oh well, I don't care much for the clones this time around... I have Sonic

And I have Snake....3rd Parties for the Win! :)

pfft! None of the 'new breeds' mattered after I found out that they were keeping Fox. Bring all their asses, and I shall commence to kicking them ala 'Fox Fire'. Haha. Can't wait to test all the new characters though, the roster is looking really good thus far if you ask me.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, Fox is my main dude in the first two games. He will be my main in Brawl as well unless I play better with Sonic, it all depends on the outcome.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #953 on: January 30, 2008, 05:28:54 PM »
Quote from: TenSpeed
I'd like to point out that just because a character has similar moves does not mean that the properties of the moves are the same. This usually warrants a very different playing style. look at ryu and ken in third strike. they both similar moves, but you won't get far trying to play the same with both of them.

That is correct, But It's hard to get over the fact of 3 Years and they barely modified Ganondorf, People who mained him will feel right at home because the changes he has just make him better than he was but still the same.

I was hoping for him to use his Sword...At least he turns into Ganon.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #954 on: January 30, 2008, 05:29:13 PM »

WOW! You sir, just eplained everything I've been trying to say in those 3 sentences!  ^:)^
Coming 2099.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #955 on: January 30, 2008, 05:31:30 PM »

That is correct, But It's hard to get over the fact of 3 Years and they barely modified Ganondorf, People who mained him will feel right at home because the changes he has just make him better than he was but still the same.

You got a link to that cause I cant seem to find it.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #956 on: January 30, 2008, 05:33:32 PM »
See in the vid Big J posted which is awesome btw, Star Wolf is no clone, he had totally different moves.
And btw star wolf looks great he might be a good secondary char ill use, I just only hope that FS pic of the red tank for wolf was just a costume change for fox, so wolf would have his own FS  [-O<

I'm hoping everything about him is completely different cause 2 fox clones is just ridiculous.

@Kid Daigo
I'm not putting the game down, I want Brawl, I think Brawl is going to be the game of the year for 2008. I'd also like to point out that you haven't played ROB so quit putting him down >:D . K so this is squashed then right? Just a whole bunch of misunderstandings.

Yeah! It's all hood, it's squashed, It's just that you guys where puting down my 2 favorite characters, in order (LINK, LUCARIO, FALCO), although I'm glade you kept Link out your mouths, 'couse it would have been on if you talked smack about him! LOLXD||
Coming 2099.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #957 on: January 30, 2008, 05:34:42 PM »

You got a link to that cause I cant seem to find it.

it was up yesterday in the website posted a couple pages back with pics of alot of things. I think its down know though.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #958 on: January 30, 2008, 05:40:35 PM »

There you see Ganon

Hey Kid Daigo, We Weren't putting Falco Down, He's better than Fox in my Opinion, I was just telling you that hes a Clone, I don't mind that as I liked his gameplay more than Fox's but I was hoping for him to be more unique, Instead of the same FS.

Link Rules! Check out this video:

The end of the video kicks major @$$.

The Song in that video can be heard here, It's a Metal Remix of Kirby's theme, It's cool!:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 05:43:29 PM by Gigan X3 »

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #959 on: January 30, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »

There you see Ganon

Hey Kid Daigo, We Weren't putting Falco Down, He's better than Fox in my Opinion, I was just telling you that hes a Clone, I don't mind that as I liked his gameplay more than Fox's but I was hoping for him to be more unique, Instead of the same FS.

Link Rules! Check out this video:

The end of the video kicks major @$$.

Well, I took it the wrong way then, I just don't like hearing people talking bad about the game when they haven't even played it!  :)
Coming 2099.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #960 on: January 30, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »

oh no...

FINAL SMASH - GannonBANNED!

but seriously, I do feel a little irked that they took out characters like roy and dr. mario (not even as a second outfit?) because they were clones, then not only left falco and gannon, but supposedly made wolf a clone as well. I don't get why they removed mewtwo, as he was completely original.

on the other hand, being a fox/falco player in melee, I can understand the need for some clones. in melee, fox was revamped to the point of being a compeltely new character (they made him faster, heavier, weaker, more comboable, among other things.) so it was a great idea to include falco, as he played like fox did in the first game. This is less prevalent with characters like pichu, gannondorf, and young link, who were just screwed up versions of other characters.

I can't understand why young link would make a return as toon link, considering everyone nobody used young link in melee, and everyone hated the art style of windwaker. I would think that if they really wanted to put something goofy in there, they would have done paper mario, as it has more room for imagination with attacks.

Robot could at the very least be a fun novelty character like game n watch was, so I'm not too concerned. More cahracters is always a good thing. I wasn't concerned with losing clones originally, as I thought they were all going to be replaced with fresh new faces, but in retrospect I kind of wish they would have just left all the previous characters in if they were going to include some clones anyways, but there are enough new and interesting characters to keep me busy without having to worry about that stuff. I'll be too busy with sonic, snake, ike, and pit to bother probably.

Offline Codyman155

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2018, 05:59:05 PM
  • <_<
    • Email
« Reply #961 on: January 30, 2008, 05:47:28 PM »
Man...Am I the only guy who likes this roaster so far(cause I saw this coming at the end)
isn't everyone happy that we got awsome character like diddy,Ptrainer,Sonic,Snake,and the other starting characters..........
oh well at least the stage roaster is pretty cool!

thank you Daigo!

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #962 on: January 30, 2008, 05:49:53 PM »
Ah! No Problem! You have to admit it was a bad move to reveal all the kickass characters first and let the ones no one care for the last( There is like 3 exceptions though ).

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #963 on: January 30, 2008, 05:52:44 PM »
Man...Am I the only guy who likes this roaster so far(cause I saw this coming at the end)
isn't everyone happy that we got awsome character like diddy,Ptrainer,Sonic,Snake,and the other starting characters..........

I like the roster just fine. SSB is the only fighting game series that I play as more than two-three characters, and i'm satisfied with the additions. Meta Knight is going to be my first character I try that is new to the roster. He looks cool.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #964 on: January 30, 2008, 05:54:28 PM »

oh no...

but seriously, I do feel a little irked that they took out characters like roy and dr. mario (not even as a second outfit?) because they were clones, then not only left falco and gannon, but supposedly made wolf a clone as well. I don't get why they removed mewtwo, as he was completely original.

on the other hand, being a fox/falco player in melee, I can understand the need for some clones. in melee, fox was revamped to the point of being a compeltely new character (they made him faster, heavier, weaker, more comboable, among other things.) so it was a great idea to include falco, as he played like fox did in the first game. This is less prevalent with characters like pichu, gannondorf, and young link, who were just screwed up versions of other characters.

I can't understand why young link would make a return as toon link, considering everyone nobody used young link in melee, and everyone hated the art style of windwaker. I would think that if they really wanted to put something goofy in there, they would have done paper mario, as it has more room for imagination with attacks.

Robot could at the very least be a fun novelty character like game n watch was, so I'm not too concerned. More cahracters is always a good thing. I wasn't concerned with losing clones originally, as I thought they were all going to be replaced with fresh new faces, but in retrospect I kind of wish they would have just left all the previous characters in if they were going to include some clones anyways, but there are enough new and interesting characters to keep me busy without having to worry about that stuff. I'll be too busy with sonic, snake, ike, and pit to bother probably.

What are you talking bout' everyone lieks windwaker style link, more original than Y. Link, in SSBM, It looks like nintendo fed Link a piosonos mushrrom and added him to the roster, AM I RGHT!? Of course! LOL!  :DxDie

The roster IMO is PERFECT, they got all my favorite nintendo characters!  >:D Again, in order (LINK, LUCARIO, FALCO, hell, I'll even throw OLIMAR in there!) LOL:)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 05:56:48 PM by Kid Daigo »
Coming 2099.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #965 on: January 30, 2008, 05:56:59 PM »
oh don't get me wrong, this roaster is fine to me. What I was trying to convey was that there were a few moves that I didn't understand (spoiled my MVC2 I guess) but I'd be too busy rocking out to all the awesome new guys to care. I'm really looking forward to pokemon trainer, actually. it seems like they really threw a kickback to all the games these cahracters were originally from in their gameplay. pokemon trainer having to swap out his pokemon is brilliant, and judging by vids, snake actually looks sneaky while fighting. I love that.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #966 on: January 30, 2008, 05:58:57 PM »

Oh no ur not the only one, I would love this game no matter who they put in judging by what ive seen so far, I just wouldn't play are the character I don;t like and beat him/her extra :thumbsup:

Offline Codyman155

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2018, 05:59:05 PM
  • <_<
    • Email
« Reply #967 on: January 30, 2008, 06:00:46 PM »
I agree about the fact they show some really nice characters from the start and disappointed you with the rest
but personally I care less for clone,I just want to have fun with the game

and I'm really happy that Mr. game&watch is back
cause he was one of my favorites and his final smash is funny

thank you Daigo!

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #968 on: January 30, 2008, 06:00:49 PM »

oh no...

What are you talking bout' everyone lieks windwaker style link, more original than Y. Link, in SSBM, It looks like nintendo fed Link a piosonos mushrrom and added him to the roster, AM I RGHT!? Of course! LOL:DxDie

The roster IMO is PERFECT, they got all my favorite nintendo characters!  >:D Again, in order (LINK, LUCARIO, FALCO, hell, I'll even throw OLIMAR in there!) LOL:)

I suppose saying everyone hated the art direction was a bit harsh, but you have to admit a lot of people were let down by it, or throw off base altogether. I just feel it was a bad design choice for a smash character. I think I would have preferred if they used that slot for a versio n of link that played similar to his original style (kind of like what they did with falco/fox in melee).

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #969 on: January 30, 2008, 06:04:31 PM »
I suppose saying everyone hated the art direction was a bit harsh, but you have to admit a lot of people were let down by it, or throw off base altogether. I just feel it was a bad design choice for a smash character. I think I would have preferred if they used that slot for a versio n of link that played similar to his original style (kind of like what they did with falco/fox in melee).

I do like WW Link, It's one of my Favorite versions, I'm not Maining him though.

I look forward to play as:
Newcomers:
Wolf
Snake
Metaknight
Ike

Veterans:
Bowser
Kirby
Link

Kick his/her butt:
Lucario

How about you all?

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #970 on: January 30, 2008, 06:04:55 PM »

oh no...

What are you talking bout' everyone lieks windwaker style link, more original than Y. Link, in SSBM, It looks like nintendo fed Link a piosonos mushrrom and added him to the roster, AM I RGHT!? Of course! LOL:DxDie

I see, but he does play like his riginal sellf, maybe not exactly, but hey, its Y. Link fighting(ot regular Link) fighting style on toon link, i think that right there is just cool! LOL

I just wan't to thank all of you guys for these great finds, keep up the good work!!! :)
Coming 2099.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #971 on: January 30, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »
Oh I'll have to try all of the newcomers. they all look fun and interesting in their own way.

in the original smash my guys were link, kirby, and mario, but in melee when they revamped everyone, samus became my top dog, followed by fox, captain falcon, zeldashiek, marth, and bowser. with link, kirby, and mario falling off the list entirely. I found link to be too cumbersome, mario and kirby were just nerfed.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #972 on: January 30, 2008, 06:12:24 PM »
My official character is Link, my crew though is (LINK, LUCARIO, FALCO) and Olimar as my cute, little, joke character! LOL!

SSB: LINK

SSBM: LINK

SSBB: LINK

LOL:)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 06:16:02 PM by Kid Daigo »
Coming 2099.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #973 on: January 30, 2008, 06:14:50 PM »
Sonic, Ike, Marth.

Offline TÐZ

• Lazy
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:December 23, 2009, 01:50:22 AM
    • ÐЦÐΞ Z's Site
« Reply #974 on: January 30, 2008, 06:30:27 PM »
Fox
Wolf (if he plays good)
Mario

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare