collapse

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL (All topics Merged)  (Read 127596 times)

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
Re: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL discussion
« Reply #825 on: January 24, 2008, 02:49:42 PM »
Quote from: BigJ
Yeah they really need to alter his forward B move. That thing is friggin useless..

Was more useful than B Downwards!

Quote from: Kid Daigo
OMG! I'm glad I'm sticking with IKE, see my friends that intruduced me to SSM all had there characters, each one represented them and noone else could use them without permison, It was a pretty kool idea except they had taken all the good characters Marth, ROY, Link, I wanted link but she wouldnt hand him over to me, so then I tried geting Roy by chalenging there little brother, I beat him a billion times and I ended up giving it back to him becouse he always cried, and that little bee-otch didn't even play as him, he played as Kirby  Anyways, I was like, thats fine but if Ike's on brawl he's mine, i'm allready leting you know, they where like fine, sure, whatever couse they doubted he would be on brawl, when he got announced I was so happy, but the bee-otch!(marth player) wants to take him from me couse there is no  Marth yet, I'm bout to take flight on her too, she's pissing me off, LOL, sorry bout the long paragraph but seeing how kool Ike is in that vid made reminded me of this!!! 

Indeed, Ike is very cool and I'm maining him too but if it helps, If we get to fight, I'll use someone else. ;)

Quote from: The Great Matsutzu
In short, I guess we'll all have to wait and see who appears. I still have the feeling that this will be one of the more popular and solid games of 2008 though.

Indeed, We'll have to see and with a perfect score from Famitsu we are staring at posible GOTY since there has been only 6 titles with perfect score before, all of them nominated or won the GOTY title.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #826 on: January 24, 2008, 03:02:01 PM »
Square Character MAKES SENSE, Square initiated on Nintendo and believe it or not Half of Square/SquareEnix's games are on Nintendo consoles if not more so Yeah, Square Character makes more Sense than Sonic that got in just for being Popular and Snake by Request. Problem is, I dunno who should they choose, I have never completed a FF game.

You know what, you're right...that's a good point. But the Kingdom Hearts series isn't specific to Nintendo at all. Besides 'Chain of Memories' they have absolutely nothing to do with each other. So I change my statement, Square(ie, FF3) makes sense, but Kingdom Hearts just doesn't work if you ask me. It'll then be the joint venture of a joint venture. Also, Metal Gear Solid originated on the NES, so Solid Snake does make sense. I feel you with Sonic though...but, who the hell doesn't like the blue blur?  :-??

Mewtwo better comeback, He's my Main! \-/o

Ouch!!! That really really sucks man...no joke. I hope he makes a return as well. Mewtwo, Captain Falcon, and Marth are the only names I'm waiting to drop.  ???

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #827 on: January 24, 2008, 03:12:54 PM »
Quote from: Esq.
You know what, you're right...that's a good point. But the Kingdom Hearts series isn't specific to Nintendo at all. Besides 'Chain of Memories' they have absolutely nothing to do with each other. So I change my statement, Square(ie, FF3) makes sense, but Kingdom Hearts just doesn't work if you ask me. It'll then be the joint venture of a joint venture. Also, Metal Gear Solid originated on the NES, so Solid Snake does make sense. I feel you with Sonic though...but, who the hell doesn't like the blue blur?

Yeah A Square character would fit more than Sora but Sora is almost like the Sonic of this generation of videogames, adding him would be another bomb. He got Requested and Sakurai made it to be known so he was taken into account now let's see what happens. I don't know much about him but I think a Keyblade is something new to Smash so that's good.

And I love Sonic, Specially Sonic-CD and the old 2D games.

Quote from: Esq.
Ouch!!! That really really sucks man...no joke. I hope he makes a return as well. Mewtwo, Captain Falcon, and Marth are the only names I'm waiting to drop

Only 2 mains of mine have been confirmed, Bowser and Link but Mewtwo who is my 1er one main is still unconfirmed. :'(

Offline SargentMugen

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 26, 2011, 06:36:19 PM
  • Check your mail. There's an "attached" present.
« Reply #828 on: January 24, 2008, 03:48:52 PM »
I had a dream last night that Master Chief was in it. I'd love to see Master Chief.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #829 on: January 24, 2008, 04:02:54 PM »

Square Character MAKES SENSE, Square initiated on Nintendo and believe it or not Half of Square/SquareEnix's games are on Nintendo consoles if not more so Yeah, Square Character makes more Sense than Sonic that got in just for being Popular and Snake by Request. Problem is, I dunno who should they choose, I have never completed a FF game.

It's just 4 out of 40 possibly only 3 out of 35. It's Nothing. If it's not Square there's Hudson and Namco to, One from each for a total of 3-4 3rds.

Very true, GiganX3. For some reason, After you mentioned that, I wouldn't be surprised if a Namco character is another thrid-party character in Brawl. After all, with the PacMan series and Soul Calibur to choose from, there are plenty of options (Also highly probably given that Link appeared in the GameCube version of Soul Calibur II as well).

I agree too, it seems disconcerning for any characters from Melee to be removed for Brawl, espcecially if its the one you're best with. I guess we'll have to see. For a long tme though, they implied Ness had been removed for Lucas, and now that doesn't seem to be the case (As his face appears as one of the characters you can apply a sticker to in a recent screenshot). In short, I guess we'll all have to wait and see who appears. I still have the feeling that this will be one of the more popular and solid games of 2008 though.

Man they just trying to sweat us, you know they'll have all the characters from SSM!
Coming 2099.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #830 on: January 24, 2008, 05:20:16 PM »
Quote from: BigJ
Yeah they really need to alter his forward B move. That thing is friggin useless..

Was more useful than B Downwards!

Really? I found down B way more useful than forward B. All forward B does is give the opponent a chance to kick you in the face, and it deflects shots that don't even hit your opponent back... and get this! the shots will still hit you! wtf!? Down B is really useful cause no one usually expects it. Well, my friends at least don't expect it, and it gives me a chance to use Mewtwo's ridiculously powerful back throw.

EDIT: I'm curios, I'd like to know how you use it 8)

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #831 on: January 24, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »
I had a dream last night that Master Chief was in it. I'd love to see Master Chief.
maybe it wul be somethin like this  :|

»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #832 on: January 24, 2008, 05:33:45 PM »
Really? I found down B way more useful than forward B. All forward B does is give the opponent a chance to kick you in the face, and it deflects shots that don't even hit your opponent back... and get this! the shots will still hit you! wtf!? Down B is really useful cause no one usually expects it. Well, my friends at least don't expect it, and it gives me a chance to use Mewtwo's ridiculously powerful back throw.

EDIT: I'm curios, I'd like to know how you use it

Who? Mewtwo Overall?

With Tail Whip Combos, They are all pretty fast and it's hard to get out of them without leaving yourself open to Mewtwo's Forward or Downward Smash Attack. Mewtwo's Throws are Incredibly Strong or Easy to combo, Back Throw's more of a Killing Move, Same with Upward Throw, Forward and Downward are to be Combo'd however.

I find his Confusion move to be more useful, Since the move spins your opponents in the air enough time for you to do the Dark Slash( Aerial Forward Attack ) and that one can send your opponents flying easily, It also works to send projectiles out of your way, It doesn't hit your targets but it sometimes distracts them, you just can't feel easy with a Completely Charged up Shot on your way.

I'm also a fan of his Poor Meteor Smash, The only Kick move he has, Aerial Downwards works only after 60-70% on enemies and it's pretty hard to hit with a lot of Lag, but after a lot of practice I completely know how and when to use it and it's a Killer move!

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #833 on: January 24, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29932.html
New Snake,Lucas,P.trainer others gameplay
its really nice

OMG! I'm glad I'm sticking with IKE, see my friends that intruduced me to SSM all had there characters, each one represented them and noone else could use them without permison, It was a pretty kool idea except they had taken all the good characters Marth, ROY, Link, I wanted link but she wouldnt hand him over to me, so then I tried geting Roy by chalenging there little brother, I beat him a billion times and I ended up giving it back to him becouse he always cried, and that little bee-otch didn't even play as him, he played as Kirby \-/o Anyways, I was like, thats fine but if Ike's on brawl he's mine, i'm allready leting you know, they where like fine, sure, whatever couse they doubted he would be on brawl, when he got announced I was so happy, but the bee-otch!(marth player) wants to take him from me couse there is no  Marth yet, I'm bout to take flight on her too, she's pissing me off, LOL, sorry bout the long paragraph but seeing how kool Ike is in that vid made reminded me of this!!!  >:(

damn this video was bomb, finally some good players to test out the character these other videos weren't showing enough. My boy fox was looking good as ever in that vid, and his taunt is looking even better this time around. But boy Sonic is sure looking fun to use I just might use him ^-^

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #834 on: January 24, 2008, 07:28:55 PM »
Hm. I see no one's mentioned the new videos on the dojo.
It shows two online matches between the Smash Dev Team  in Tokyo and Nintendo HQ in Kyoto.
Well, check it out.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #835 on: January 24, 2008, 07:32:34 PM »
It shows two online matches between the Smash Dev Team  in Tokyo and Nintendo HQ in Kyoto.
Well, check it out.

Yea, I watched them earlier...the match wasn't anything exciting...but, the Wi-Fi looked GREAT. Everything ran smooth and uninterrupted. I'm on edge for this one... :-SS

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #836 on: January 24, 2008, 07:34:25 PM »
Well, check it out.

Hey that was pretty cool, it ran very smooth am gonna probably stick to places close to me to get the best online play. Hey but did u see the sandbag in the video, is that an item?

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #837 on: January 24, 2008, 07:34:58 PM »
Well, check it out.

Yea, I watched them earlier...the match wasn't anything exciting...but, the Wi-Fi looked GREAT. Everything ran smooth and uninterrupted. I'm on edge for this one... :-SS

Well, there was something exciting there.
It seems like Kirby's been un-nerfed to his former SSB glory.

EDIT
Well, check it out.

Hey that was pretty cool, it ran very smooth am gonna probably stick to places close to me to get the best online play. Hey but did u see the sandbag in the video, is that an item?

Yeah, Sandbag is now an item.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 07:36:46 PM by [Asian-Jesus] »
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #838 on: January 24, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »
I liked the vid too, the most interesting part of the vid was the part where link and snake are fighting

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #839 on: January 24, 2008, 08:28:24 PM »
Ike sounds pretty Cool, I like his Voice: HIYAAAAA!! ROOOAAAAHH!!

Offline Akeme

« Reply #840 on: January 24, 2008, 09:12:10 PM »
True ;)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #841 on: January 24, 2008, 11:02:43 PM »
Lucario, Ness, and Jigglypuff have been axidently confermed for brawl!
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/21/nintendo-accidentally-confirms-lucario-ness-jigglypuff-for-bra/

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #842 on: January 24, 2008, 11:06:18 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/21/nintendo-accidentally-confirms-lucario-ness-jigglypuff-for-bra/

Old news. Check a page or two back. (sorry if that sounded harsh)

Offline SargentMugen

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 26, 2011, 06:36:19 PM
  • Check your mail. There's an "attached" present.
« Reply #843 on: January 25, 2008, 07:36:30 AM »
maybe it wul be somethin like this  :|

LOL! You got that idea from one of the comments.

Offline Misogi

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 18, 2010, 02:01:47 PM
« Reply #844 on: January 26, 2008, 09:26:17 AM »
Ganondorf will pwn you all if he is in it
We Plunder We Destroy We Are Oblivion Mugen Team

Offline Codyman155

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2018, 05:59:05 PM
  • <_<
    • Email
« Reply #845 on: January 26, 2008, 01:15:40 PM »
[youtube=425,350]PCnbQFG0PHc[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]BIYQTuHCKQs[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]KzQfkwdnXDo[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]DeBHzWM3Erg[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]4eWl-DCrjwU[/youtube]
these video are demos from the Japanese game stores
oh and there pro videos too

here is the rest

http://www.youtube.com/user/queensaki

thank you Daigo!

Offline Akeme

« Reply #846 on: January 26, 2008, 06:24:51 PM »
Thanks alot for these vids man ;)

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #847 on: January 26, 2008, 06:28:55 PM »
Those vids were cool finally get to see all PT Pokemon fight and King Dee Dee. Did u guys see that soccer ball item in the vid, damn that thing looks powerful. It reminds me of the RockBall from megaman  ;*))

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #848 on: January 27, 2008, 03:11:30 PM »

It isn't Ness. Ness' hair doesn't stick out from the sides. If you look close enough to the small icon you can see what I mean. So, really that's the Pokemon Trainer.

I hate pokemon, but that Lucario fellow looks cool.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Akeme

« Reply #849 on: January 27, 2008, 04:02:40 PM »
Agreed now that i looked even more closely it is the pk trainer ;)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare