collapse

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL (All topics Merged)  (Read 127820 times)

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
Re: Super Smash Bros. BRAWL discussion
« Reply #800 on: January 22, 2008, 08:51:48 PM »
hey does anyone think megaman will be in it  :| he was on nes snes and 64
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #801 on: January 22, 2008, 09:32:53 PM »
I Suppose that roster will undergo serious changes the more you play the game since it has no room for more than 4 characters.
I agree i was wondering about that too. Hopefully it will go under some new changes. ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #802 on: January 22, 2008, 11:06:56 PM »
Quote from: EXShadow
hey does anyone think megaman will be in it   he was on nes snes and 64

And the GameCube, GB, GBC, GBA, DS and ...Yeah that's about it. Can't know for sure I say he has as much chances of being in as anyone from:

Namco for being part of the Triforce
Hudson Soft for making all Mario Party Games
Sora for being very Popular and Requested.

From them all I think Megaman is the most deserving and Sora could increase the Sales A LOT as a 4th 3rd Party.

Quote from: Akeme
I agree i was wondering about that too. Hopefully it will go under some new changes.

Yup!

Offline Akeme

« Reply #803 on: January 22, 2008, 11:16:51 PM »
Yeah i agree too, megaman has a higher chance plus if sora or any final fantasy person was in there it will certainly increase sales and demand. ;)

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #804 on: January 22, 2008, 11:22:13 PM »
Yeah i agree too, megaman has a higher chance plus if sora or any final fantasy person was in there it will certainly increase sales and demand. ;)

Man that's wack! Why would they do that!!! \-/o I want Smash Bros. not another damn M.U.G.E.N!
Coming 2099.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #805 on: January 22, 2008, 11:26:57 PM »

Man that's wack! Why would they do that!!! \-/o I want Smash Bros. not another damn M.U.G.E.N!

Seriously, I think Snake and Sonic is enough....however, if Megaman were to be in he should definitely have Megaman Trigger as an alt. costume.  :thumbsup:
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #806 on: January 23, 2008, 12:08:38 AM »

Seriously, I think Snake and Sonic is enough....however, if Megaman were to be in he should definitely have Megaman Trigger as an alt. costume.  :thumbsup:

Yeah I dont mind Megaman, I'm not to fond of Snake though, but seriously, whats next, Spider-Man? Maybe Bat-Man... <_<|...|
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:42:15 PM by Kid Daigo »
Coming 2099.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #807 on: January 23, 2008, 09:30:12 AM »
I agree, Megaman is understandable, but random characters from other franchises would really be too much for me. Anything Nintendo makes sense...Sora, a Square-Enix character??? Come on, might as well through the entire Disney kingdom in there while you're at it.

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #808 on: January 23, 2008, 09:37:15 AM »
Right, I'd imagine Sora would have a lot of copyright issues, because of both the Square-Enix and Disney connections.

As for unlocking the characters, I remember in Melee I got all but Mr. Game in Watch in very little time without trying. A lot of the more recent games have a lot of unlockables now as "time release" too (meaning it's based on how many times/how long you've played the game). So I wouldn't be surprised to see some characters be unlocked this way too.

One things for sure, Jigglypuff/Purin will more than likely still be the first character most players will unlock (as you get her when you first complete 1 player mode in the past 2 SB games, so I'd wager that would probably happen here with Brawl as well.)

Offline Akeme

« Reply #809 on: January 23, 2008, 10:47:53 AM »
I agree, Megaman is understandable, but random characters from other franchises would really be too much for me. Anything Nintendo makes sense...Sora, a Square-Enix character??? Come on, might as well through the entire Disney kingdom in there while you're at it.
I uderstand any other chars would be too much but the reason i said sora or a final fantasy chars is becuase their are some ff nintendo games so that why i said that. Anyways too me i think there's not enough chars personally becuase generally in each franchise a game like ssb or fighting games usually increase chars unless their are alot more ppl we don't know yet that have not been confirmed or is secret chars. ;)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #810 on: January 23, 2008, 10:50:36 AM »
Hey I wouldn't mind having Sephiroth in it.  :-?? Sephi's bad@ss.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #811 on: January 23, 2008, 10:52:41 AM »
That would be insane but won't happen ;)

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #812 on: January 23, 2008, 12:45:39 PM »
Right, I'd imagine Sora would have a lot of copyright issues, because of both the Square-Enix and Disney connections.

As for unlocking the characters, I remember in Melee I got all but Mr. Game in Watch in very little time without trying. A lot of the more recent games have a lot of unlockables now as "time release" too (meaning it's based on how many times/how long you've played the game). So I wouldn't be surprised to see some characters be unlocked this way too.

One things for sure, Jigglypuff/Purin will more than likely still be the first character most players will unlock (as you get her when you first complete 1 player mode in the past 2 SB games, so I'd wager that would probably happen here with Brawl as well.)

Everyone should listen to this person!!! \-/o Although I hope theres not to many unlockable characters that have to do with how much you play the game, took me a while to get Mewtwo, and he was one of the first one's I was itching to try out!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 01:14:03 PM by Kid Daigo »
Coming 2099.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #813 on: January 23, 2008, 01:50:28 PM »
Man that's wack! Why would they do that!!!  I want Smash Bros. not another damn M.U.G.E.N!

It would be just 4 Characters dude, 4 out of 35-40.

Is CapVsSnk 2 Mugen for having a lot of different series? No.

Square Character MAKES SENSE, Square initiated on Nintendo and believe it or not Half of Square/SquareEnix's games are on Nintendo consoles if not more so Yeah, Square Character makes more Sense than Sonic that got in just for being Popular and Snake by Request. Problem is, I dunno who should they choose, I have never completed a FF game.

It's just 4 out of 40 possibly only 3 out of 35. It's Nothing. If it's not Square there's Hudson and Namco to, One from each for a total of 3-4 3rds.

Quote from: Kid Daigo
Although I hope theres not to many unlockable characters that have to do with how much you play the game, took me a while to get Mewtwo, and he was one of the first one's I was itching to try out!

Mewtwo better comeback, He's my Main! \-/o

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #814 on: January 23, 2008, 02:06:25 PM »
Man that's wack! Why would they do that!!!  I want Smash Bros. not another damn M.U.G.E.N!

It would be just 4 Characters dude, 4 out of 35-40.

Is CapVsSnk 2 Mugen for having a lot of different series? No.

Yeah Capcom VS Snk2 has characters from different series, but they are all either Capcom or SNK, how they should be! And super smash bros should  only be Nintendo! Like I said, I dont mind Sonic, and Snake might be a little too much! Megaman is ok I guess, but square chracters... WTF!? No... It's like saying, well shoot, they made a Guilty Gear for the WII why not add Sol to the mix... <_<|...|
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 02:11:42 PM by Kid Daigo »
Coming 2099.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #815 on: January 23, 2008, 02:45:32 PM »
All I really care about is them taking out characters. IMO thats the worst move a company can make with a fighting game.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #816 on: January 23, 2008, 03:54:47 PM »
but square chracters... WTF!? No... It's like saying, well shoot, they made a Guilty Gear for the WII why not add Sol to the mix...

Difference is Square originated on Nintendo, Made Mario RPG a fan Favorite, Having a good relation with Nintendo having titles in all of it's consoles, Being EXTREMELY POPULAR, Having Sora requested at Sakurai's Poll and maybe not as Important but you can see that the guys that made the KH soundtrack are in Brawl too.

I'm just saying, It's quite possible.

Quote from: BigJ
All I really care about is them taking out characters. IMO thats the worst move a company can make with a fighting game.

Same here, I fear for Mewtwo and I really Like Roy. :|

Offline Akeme

« Reply #817 on: January 23, 2008, 06:19:00 PM »
but square chracters... WTF!? No... It's like saying, well shoot, they made a Guilty Gear for the WII why not add Sol to the mix...

Difference is Square originated on Nintendo, Made Mario RPG a fan Favorite, Having a good relation with Nintendo having titles in all of it's consoles, Being EXTREMELY POPULAR, Having Sora requested at Sakurai's Poll and maybe not as Important but you can see that the guys that made the KH soundtrack are in Brawl too.

I agree mewtwo better return and if he does they should make him even better . ;)

Offline Codyman155

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2018, 05:59:05 PM
  • <_<
    • Email
« Reply #818 on: January 24, 2008, 12:37:41 AM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29932.html
New Snake,Lucas,P.trainer others gameplay
its really nice

thank you Daigo!

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #819 on: January 24, 2008, 01:29:31 AM »
Awesome Video Although I saw it first at BC, Still kickass.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #820 on: January 24, 2008, 03:34:48 AM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29932.html
New Snake,Lucas,P.trainer others gameplay
its really nice

OMG! I'm glad I'm sticking with IKE, see my friends that intruduced me to SSM all had there characters, each one represented them and noone else could use them without permison, It was a pretty kool idea except they had taken all the good characters Marth, ROY, Link, I wanted link but she wouldnt hand him over to me, so then I tried geting Roy by chalenging there little brother, I beat him a billion times and I ended up giving it back to him becouse he always cried, and that little bee-otch didn't even play as him, he played as Kirby \-/o Anyways, I was like, thats fine but if Ike's on brawl he's mine, i'm allready leting you know, they where like fine, sure, whatever couse they doubted he would be on brawl, when he got announced I was so happy, but the bee-otch!(marth player) wants to take him from me couse there is no  Marth yet, I'm bout to take flight on her too, she's pissing me off, LOL, sorry bout the long paragraph but seeing how kool Ike is in that vid made reminded me of this!!!  >:(
Coming 2099.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #821 on: January 24, 2008, 04:37:55 AM »
Yes im loving snake's stage ;)

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #822 on: January 24, 2008, 09:31:39 AM »

Square Character MAKES SENSE, Square initiated on Nintendo and believe it or not Half of Square/SquareEnix's games are on Nintendo consoles if not more so Yeah, Square Character makes more Sense than Sonic that got in just for being Popular and Snake by Request. Problem is, I dunno who should they choose, I have never completed a FF game.

It's just 4 out of 40 possibly only 3 out of 35. It's Nothing. If it's not Square there's Hudson and Namco to, One from each for a total of 3-4 3rds.

Very true, GiganX3. For some reason, After you mentioned that, I wouldn't be surprised if a Namco character is another thrid-party character in Brawl. After all, with the PacMan series and Soul Calibur to choose from, there are plenty of options (Also highly probably given that Link appeared in the GameCube version of Soul Calibur II as well).

I agree too, it seems disconcerning for any characters from Melee to be removed for Brawl, espcecially if its the one you're best with. I guess we'll have to see. For a long tme though, they implied Ness had been removed for Lucas, and now that doesn't seem to be the case (As his face appears as one of the characters you can apply a sticker to in a recent screenshot). In short, I guess we'll all have to wait and see who appears. I still have the feeling that this will be one of the more popular and solid games of 2008 though.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 09:33:23 AM by The Great Matsutzu »

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #823 on: January 24, 2008, 10:59:34 AM »
sonics the one im gonna play as forever :w00t:

if lucario's in it then its my favorite team up me playing as lucario and team buddy sonic :w00t:

dattebayo, uzumaki naruto
Currently in need of one

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #824 on: January 24, 2008, 12:10:10 PM »

I agree mewtwo better return and if he does they should make him even better . ;)

Yeah they really need to alter his forward B move. That thing is friggin useless..

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare