collapse

Author Topic: This is the closest we have ever come to explaining reality. Amazing  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Angsty Meier Link

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 05, 2023, 10:00:57 PM
  • The angst that drives us mad moves us forward...
    • My Mugen Vids
Please discuss with me! I want people who can actually understand this article and the linked articles above it to discuss it rationally with me. Please no religious criticisms as I don't have time for that junk.

The fact that just by comprehending and acknowledging variable quantum state dark energy/matter, that then that decides it's specific quantum state is one of the most amazing observations I've come to understand.

Couple that with the wonderful explanations of parallel universe/multiverse being PROVEN, and the easy to understand quantum theory and relativity explained links, this is possibly the most enlightening and intriguing article I've ever read.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2007/11/21/scicosmos121.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

Sorry I haven't posted any educational/entertainment links for a while... The informer is back baby 8)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:11:12 PM by Angsty Meier Link »

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
Re: This is the closest we have ever come to eplaining reality. Amazing
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 06:04:25 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

so humans are gonna cause the universe to blow up or sumthin?

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
Re: This is the closest we have ever come to eplaining reality. Amazing
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 06:29:47 PM »
bull to the crap.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
Re: This is the closest we have ever come to explaining reality. Amazing
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 08:19:08 PM »
Ok whats the problem here... I asked for people who can understand this article and discuss it rationally with me... Not people who are going to scoff at it because they're ignorant, narrow minded or brainwashed. If you don't agree with whats put forth, why don't you make an intelligent deliberation?

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 07, 2016, 10:51:40 AM
  • Scag Baron.

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 08:25:46 PM »
8=| real intelligent people...

Can I please get some people who are capable of conversation and comprehension like mature intelligent adults
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:31:30 PM by Angsty Meier Link »

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 08:30:36 PM »
My physics knowledge is not deep enough to understand what's been said, even less to give an opinion. However, might be possible as well as might not be. Mankind does not know about this, and I don't know if they ever will, but a thought is a thought and deserves some respect.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 08:35:01 PM »
am not that narrow minded or ignorant but blow up the universe :| would of been for believable if they said planet or even galaxy 

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 08:38:27 PM »
My physics knowledge is not deep enough to understand what's been said, even less to give an opinion. However, might be possible as well as might not be. Mankind does not know about this, and I don't know if they ever will, but a thought is a thought and deserves some respect.

Finally thank you!
Well this has not been proven yet because its a highly advanced quantum physics theory. But although we can't prove any quantum theories yet, a great many of them are so close to the truth that those theories themselves have helped us immensely in proving or adjusting many advanced physics theories about the universe to be laws.

From my knowledge of mathematics, physics, and quantum physics, this theory just makes sense to me, much like the string theories and when the multiverse was a theory

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 08:39:32 PM »
am not that narrow minded or ignorant but blow up the universe :| would of been for believable if they said planet or even galaxy 
UGHGHGHG... the ONLY person who said "blow up the universe" was Loki!!! Read the article!! Nothings going to blow up!!! It says NOTHING LIKE THAT... Loki said that because he can't understand it or something...

PLEASE PEOPLE!

I knew something like this would happen... :-??
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:41:56 PM by Angsty Meier Link »

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 08:41:49 PM »
Sorry I haven't posted any educational/entertainment links for a while... The informer is back baby 8)
:thumbsup:

I've taken college level physics and the whole dark matter thing is pretty crazy, we talked about it a little. They think there's another, alternate universe where everything exists the same but on different wavelengths made out of antimatter, or dark matter. but if we ever came into contact with a dark matter version of ourselves, it would cause a bigger nuclear explosion than an H bomb.  :|

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 08:46:03 PM »
:thumbsup:

I've taken college level physics and the whole dark matter thing is pretty crazy, we talked about it a little. They think there's another, alternate universe where everything exists the same but on different wavelengths made out of antimatter, or dark matter. but if we ever came into contact with a dark matter version of ourselves, it would cause a bigger nuclear explosion than an H bomb.  :|
Hmmmm somewhat on the ball... I got an interesting quote from one of the articles for ya

Everett came up with a more audacious interpretation: the universe is constantly and infinitely splitting, so that no collapse takes place. Every possible outcome of an experimental measurement occurs, each one in a parallel universe.

If one accepts Everett's interpretation, our universe is embedded in an infinitely larger and more complex structure called the multiverse, which as a good approximation can be regarded as an ever-multiplying mass of parallel universes.

Every time there is an event at the quantum level - a radioactive atom decaying, for example, or a particle of light impinging on your retina - the universe is supposed to "split" into different universes.

A motorist who has a near miss, for instance, might feel relieved at his lucky escape. But in a parallel universe, another version of the same driver will have been killed. Yet another universe will see the motorist recover after treatment in hospital. The number of alternative scenarios is endless.

In this way, the "many worlds" interpretation of quantum mechanics allows a time traveller to alter the past without producing problems such as the notorious grandfather paradox.

Wrap your mind around that!
Dark matter/energy exists in our universe as we speak. In fact, more that about 65% of our universe is dark matter/energy. Its the energy that was present before the universe was formed and what created matter.

Edit: when you say dark matter could create an explosion bigger than an H bomb, thats an understatement. Its the energy that created the big bang! But its in a variable quantum state, which is why we can't see it or probably can't interact with it. Hence the "dark" part. What they're saying is just by us interacting with it on our quantum plane, even just by viewing it by... whatever crazy means they use to view it (I think its the bending of light like near a black hole), we are taking away the fact that its in a variable quantum state, and making it on our quantum state, therefore making it impossible for it to continue expanding the universe we live in, including our dimensions such as up down left right time... and the other 11 or so... however many they've come up with so far :P
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:59:25 PM by Angsty Meier Link »

Offline XerXes

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:January 28, 2016, 12:55:22 AM
  • Infinity News Team
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 08:53:44 PM »
The only conclusion that i could derive from reading the article and doing a little quick research would be that, i really dont see any harm in observing the supposed dark matter (Unless we tamper with it and cause a chain reaction that would spread all over the dark matter) I also belive that there are other galaxy's hence the word galaxy clusters (Might have earth 2's and such. This is the only other earth i could believe in) These type of findings from the higher elite science community are more of a combination of hypothesis rather than true facts (Seeing how we really cant prove anything beside's our planet and biology... Minus the true workings of our brain). Angsty Meier thanks for this topic it actually let me use my brain (Made me ponder some deep stuff). Funny we had the same views in the immortal topic back on the old forum.

>:-(-| : Sorry if my writing is bad im realllllyyyy tired.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:59:33 PM by xerxes »
"PRESENTS MUGEN FIGHT NIGHTS"

<-Place holder for future collaboration.

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 09:01:35 PM »
Wait a minute. Basically what I got out of the article is that by observing the dark matter we are somehow causing it's expansion to speed up? Thats crazy man! How do scientist really know what's going on in the black matter anyway..........

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 09:03:56 PM »
The only conclusion that i could derive from reading the article and doing a little quick research would be that, i really dont see any harm in observing the supposed dark matter (Unless we tamper with it and cause a chain reaction that would spread all over the dark matter) I also belive that there are other galaxy's hence the word galaxy clusters (Might have earth 2's and such. This is the only other earth i could believe in) These type of findings from the higher elite science community are more of a combination of hypothesis rather than true facts (Seeing how we really cant prove anything beside's our planet and biology... Minus the true workings of our brain). Angsty Meier thanks for this topic it actually let me use my brain (Made me ponder some deep stuff). Funny we had the same views in the immortal topic back on the old forum.

>:-(-| : Sorry if my writing is bad im realllllyyyy tired.

Ahh I completely agree with you that this will have no major harm in viewing the dark matter. Whats the worst it could do? Take 800 million years off of a remaining life expectancy of 100 trillion to the google power years left in the universe? Glad you came to that conclusion too. What I found most interesting was the whole part that just viewing it, like just acknowledging it physically on our quantum state would affect its variable quantum state... That blew my mind!

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 09:07:55 PM »
Wait a minute. Basically what I got out of the article is that by observing the dark matter we are somehow causing it's expansion to speed up? Thats crazy man! How do scientist really know what's going on in the black matter anyway..........
No no... we're causing its expansion to slow down ;) How do they know this... I'm no where near smart enough to tell you that... I'm smart enough to understand the stuff... but definitely not smart enough yet to do the research and make the theories myself... Its one thing to understand what someone else has figured out... its another thing to come to that realization yourself :-"

Offline XerXes

• Infinity News Team
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 09:13:43 PM »
How do scientist really know what's going on in the black matter anyway
Because dark matter was detected by its gravitational lensing in August 2006
gravitational lensing: A gravitational lens is formed when the light from a very distant, bright source (such as a quasar) is "bent" around a massive object (such as a massive galaxy) between the source object and the observer.

Yeah reading up on dark matter and energy has led me to some incredible findings Angsty Meier Link, I truly believe that if we can learn and harness this unknown energy we could pinpoint the specific date of when our planet was created...... Wait that would be incredible, Angsty Meier Link lets just hope this could be done in our timespan (Doubt it though)... Now if we could only make  contact with another planet that is more advanced than us, imagine the possibility's (Or they could be behind us technologically speaking  8=| . That would suck then)

There findings are coming from artificial gravity rooms which replicates some of the subatomic particles that they conclude exist from the the dark energy... but at this point pure speculation.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:20:57 PM by xerxes »

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 09:19:08 PM »
gravitational lensing: A gravitational lens is formed when the light from a very distant, bright source (such as a quasar) is "bent" around a massive object (such as a massive galaxy) between the source object and the observer.

Yeah reading up on dark matter and energy has led me to some incredible findings Angsty Meier Link, I truly believe that if we can learn and harness this unknown energy we could pinpoint the specific date of when our planet was created...... Wait that would be incredible, Angsty Meier Link lets just hope this could be done in our timespan (Doubt it though)... Now if we could only make  contact with another planet that is more advanced than us, imagine the possibility's (Or they could be behind us technologically speaking  8=| . That would suck then)

I have always dreamed about coming in contact with a highly advanced civilization that would help us in our search for the secrets of the universe... but ya, that would so suck if they were like still medieval ;*))

Can you imagine how much our lives would change and how interesting and exiting it would be and how much we could learn if we came in contact with an advanced alien civilization?

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 09:24:58 PM »

There findings are coming from artificial gravity rooms which replicates some of the subatomic particles that they conclude exist from the the dark energy... but at this point pure speculation.
whatever crazy means they use to view it (I think its the bending of light like near a black hole)
Hehe, I was in the ballpark ;D

Offline XerXes

• Infinity News Team
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 09:27:38 PM »
It would be cool if we came in contact with another batch of human's like us more advanced but that could also lead to our downfall if we move to fast into what where not prepared for,Heck im only 24 but im starting to feel like an old man with all of this ps3 business and new artificial technology we are creating.

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 10:14:58 PM »
It would be cool if we came in contact with another batch of human's like us more advanced but that could also lead to our downfall if we move to fast into what where not prepared for,Heck im only 24 but im starting to feel like an old man with all of this ps3 business and new artificial technology we are creating.
Ya knowing our track record as humans we would probably abuse the enlightenment they could provide. You should read a series of books I'm on right now thats just blowing my mind. Its a 6 part series by Peter F. Hamilton. The first 2 books are called the reality dysfunction, the 2nd 2 are called the Neutronium Alchemist, and the 3rd 2 are called the Naked God. It mixes science fiction with the notion of god and an afterlife. I never thought I'd get into it but its amazing. You should check them out. They are highly thought provoking AND VERY CREEPY! Souls come back from the dead. They reserect Al Capone!!!  :o
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:17:20 PM by Angsty Meier Link »

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 10:26:42 PM »
So are dark energy and dark matter different? Since the article says that dark energy is actually expanding the comos.

"I did not mean to imply causality - namely that our measurement itself reduces the lifetime of the universe - but rather that by being able to make our measurement we may thus conclude that we may not be in the late decay stage."

So we are not shortering the life span of the universe? Just trying to find out in what stage of decay we are in.

The calculated mass of the universe ranges anywhere from 10 to the power of 53 kg to 10 to the power of 60 kg and is complicated by the fact that there is invisible matter we cannot see, called dark matter.

If we can calculate the mass of the universe, does that mean it is not infinite?

This is a very complicated article.

• Forum Member
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 10:59:27 PM »
So are dark energy and dark matter different? Since the article says that dark energy is actually expanding the comos.

"I did not mean to imply causality - namely that our measurement itself reduces the lifetime of the universe - but rather that by being able to make our measurement we may thus conclude that we may not be in the late decay stage."

So we are not shortering the life span of the universe? Just trying to find out in what stage of decay we are in.

The calculated mass of the universe ranges anywhere from 10 to the power of 53 kg to 10 to the power of 60 kg and is complicated by the fact that there is invisible matter we cannot see, called dark matter.

If we can calculate the mass of the universe, does that mean it is not infinite?

This is a very complicated article.
Dark matter and dark energy are not different. I have just heard them referred as both them and I put the / there to not confuse anyone that was only familiar with one term

Yes dark... whatever is expanding the universe. Its what the universe was born of. Its what created all matter in the big bang. From this observation, our own measurement of the universe has actually shortened its lifespan... a very strange coincidence. We are not in a stage of decay, but we are quickening the time to when we reach the decay point. The universe at this point in time is in its longest stage, the stage after birth where it continues to expand in a stable state. Where time is stable. In the last stages of the universe time itself will start to break down, like in a black hole but for different reasons. The laws of physics and quantum physics will break down, thus the dimensions will break down. And time is one of them. And you are correct, the universe is not infinite. Can you imagine what it would look like or what the experience would be like to reach the edge of the universe? That is intriguing and scary at the same time.

I'm impressed you were able to grasp this as well as you did. It is very complicated. Cudos  :)

Offline Lifewater

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 02, 2017, 07:35:33 PM
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 02:42:06 AM »
From what I understand the newly realized dark matter theory is responsible for the creation and expansion of the universe also dark matter has caused advanced acceleration of the universe although it is supposed to have slowed more than it has thus the questionable aspect of dark matter(What is it). Also I would like to say and not to discredit anyone these theory are only proven in mathimatics based upon constantly changing hypoth,theory, laws of science. Like many early renisance scientist we can only begin to see the surface of the truth, right or wrong.

None the less alot to think about Thank You

Offline frozens0ul54

• Last Login:January 17, 2008, 03:28:44 PM
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »
Having a parallel universe??well i read somearticles about it.. Einstein having said to belive in it..
But i think its possible some quantum physists are onto it with the theory of time travel to future but not stepping backward to the past.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD