collapse

Author Topic: R.I.P. Pua Magasiva:Shane Ninja Storm Red Ranger  (Read 1082 times)

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 26, 2024, 06:34:36 PM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
R.I.P. Pua Magasiva:Shane Ninja Storm Red Ranger
« on: May 10, 2019, 11:40:08 PM »

we lost another in the power rangers community and its our own Ninja Storm Red Ranger.....

Former Shortland Street star Pua Magasiva has been found dead.

The Herald understands the body of the 38-year-old was found in Wellington this morning.

His brother Robbie, also an actor, has flown to Wellington to be with other family members and Magasiva's widow Lizz Sadler.

Police confirmed they were called to a sudden death at an address in the Wellington central business district in the early hours of this morning.

Magasiva was born in Apia, Samoa, but raised in Wellington, New Zealand, since he was two years old. He is the younger brother of actor Robbie Magasiva. It was Robbie who inspired Magasiva to become an actor, after being signed up with an acting agency and acquiring small roles. In 1999, he made a minor appearance on Shortland Street as Elvis Iosefa, a relative of Louie Iosefa (played by Shimpal Lelisi). Then in 2001, he landed a role in a six-part Māori language television series called Aroha. The series went on to screen at the International Film Festival in Auckland, receiving critical praise. Finally in 2003, Magasiva made the leading roles in both Power Rangers: Ninja Storm (which included a guest appearance by Robbie in one episode) and Shortland Street. He stayed on Shortland Street until 2006. By then, he played the title character in the comedy film Sione's Wedding, which starred his brother Robbie and other members of the Naked Samoans. In 2007, he appeared in the horror film 30 Days of Night. In 2009, Magasiva made guest appearances in Diplomatic Immunity and Outrageous Fortune. In 2011, he returned as Vinnie Kruse on Shortland Street.

Outside his work on television and film, Magasiva has acted in theatre, including Two Days in Dream in 2003 (written by Mario Gaoa, member of the Naked Samoans, and directed by Colin Mitchell). Another play that he acted in was Sex with Strangers, which was written by Mitchell, though Two Days in Dream was well received by critics. In 2008, he co-starred with brother Robbie in the play Where We Once Belonged. Magasiva has also appeared in nine Lift Plus commercials in New Zealand and also took over his brother's role as the Small Blacks TV News presenter opposite Conrad Snakey Smith. In January 2017, he helped pull a man from his burning car.

Magasiva, who has a young daughter from his first marriage, married Sadler in April last year, 18 months after meeting on Instagram. Sadler also has a daughter from a previous relationship.

Tributes are already flowing on social media for Magasiva.

On Twitter Scotty Williams wrote: "Absolutely shocked by the news to hear of your passing brother. May your family find comfort at this time. Ia Manuia Lau Malaga... #RIP."

Brittany Raleigh said: "When I was in first year uni I got way too drunk at Margies [as we all did] and Pua Magasiva came across us and helped my mate carry me back to the halls of residence and made sure we were okay. RIP to a genuinely good guy."

Mary Haddock-Staniland wrote: "RIP Pua, I'm speechless. You were such a delightful, caring, kind and beautiful character. Always had a spring in your step. Much love."

A police spokeswoman said there were no suspicious circumstances and the death would be referred to the Coroner.

Wow this hurts me to the core that we lost a great red ranger from the Disney Era
for all its worth thanx u for filling ur dream of being a part of the power rangers legacy hes spirit will live on within the red rangers R.I.P. Pua Magasiva (Shane Clarke:Ninja Storm Red Ranger) And May The Power Protect You......Always

for more news click here
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12229976&fbclid=IwAR1YdcF22PZWQa7r7t_q3leAwXcaxbJjcLvLNggEgRBhZem7PG79SDf7Gy8
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 11:58:57 PM by supa2520 »

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 26, 2024, 06:34:36 PM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
Re: R.I.P. Pua Magasiva:Shane Ninja Storm Red Ranger
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 01:09:38 PM »

we have just learned that Grant McFarland (Best known as Lothor & Sensei Watanabe) of #NinjaStorm has also passed away on Nov 20, 2018 at the age of 71
looks like shane will be training with hes sensei In heaven

"Sensei?"
"I did not expect to see you here so soon."
"Sensei where are we?"
"Somewhere we can rest."

R.I.P. Pua Magasiva & Grant McFarland

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar