collapse

Author Topic: Projectile Help...and more... THX FOR ANY HELP  (Read 292 times)

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
Projectile Help...and more... THX FOR ANY HELP
« on: October 16, 2007, 09:33:27 PM »
OK I just need a little guidance with which would work better. And little help with how to properly code it.

I am trying to have a striker pop out from in front of me, (or run in the screen from  behind me) then run into P2 and upon contact do the animation similar to Ken's Uppercut...

A:) Should I code the run animation of the striker as a projectile (which it's set right now) and set the projectile explodsion to the animation of the uppercut strike (mind you the strike it'self will be like 5-7 hit combo) Thing is I can't figure out how to script the projectile explodsion.... Help?

OR B...

B:) Code it as a Helper/Striker which I can do (thanks to Fallen Angel ( -^___^-) ) but thing about that is that I want the beginning of the animation to be like ninja smoke which as of now is set to a different animation then the striker's run and the striker's uppercut animation:

For Example:

Animation 1: Ninja smoke - 6 Sprites long
Animation 2: Striker running - X Sprites long
Animation 3: Striker Uppercut - if contact 5-7 hit uppercut combo

then it would go back to animaton one for his exit.

Also I guess you can call this C:) How exactly do the combo's work when set in the CMD setup menu (where you name the state and confirm the motion for it). I see the option on the left box with serveral states that I can could to link my new move to, but i cann't figure out how to make them actually link. Help?

Sorry I know it's kinda a lot and you all have probably answered these questions well too many times but i swear i read thru the boards before posting this question.

-"aPoC."

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:July 04, 2012, 03:11:05 PM
    • Email
Re: Projectile Help...and more... THX FOR ANY HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 11:42:50 PM »
I think it would work better if you code it like these, first the anim of the smoke,put a changestate, then make the striker run using velset= #,# adjust the first value, make a changestate, the trigger can be like these
trigger1 = p2bodydist x <= 20 || (Time > 40)

meaning :  when the opponent is = or less than 20 pixels , or after 40 ticks, you need to adjust the values

and then make the uppercut.

Remember to put a destroyself, after the last thing of youre striker

sig made by shullbocka

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal