collapse

Author Topic: so i recently watched goku Vs. superman R.2... (SPOILERS!!!)  (Read 2270 times)

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 10, 2016, 08:44:57 AM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
so i recently watched goku Vs. superman R.2... (SPOILERS!!!)
« on: December 31, 2015, 09:26:56 AM »
aaaaand THAT'S how they do things?! for one: LAZY! canonical screwups aside, (shenron and dragon balls with earth's gaurdian dead? coughBULLcough!) superman just WALKS THROUGH a SSGSS kamehameha? one that MORE than put freiza down!? and then straight up KILLS goku with a brain burn? they could have at LEAST made the fight more entertaining! superman fans should even be upset this time!

that being said, twice over now, they have made superman, super god. at this point, i now hate superman. i know how lex feels now. i mean, sure, superman has weaknesses, but he's so strong now, that at this point, those weaknesses can be overcome by speed or even sheer will!

you know, as a kid, i used to prefer superman to batman. i thought, "there's no way he can loose! he'll just beat the bad guys to a pulp!" now, he's just too strong to be likeable. a good superhero needs to have more than just a weakness. there needs to be a real and legitimate threat to his mortality for him to be believable. for him to be even worth calling. i mean, a hero is someone who risks their lives to save others. is superman even at risk? he has never TRULY died, right? not in any of the comics? i mean, old age possibly (never read any SM comics, and now don't want to). but other heroes? plenty of risk! batman could easily be killed with enough guns firing. stray bullet to the lower face. green lantern? yup. catch him off guard. he's just a human without that ring. and Goku himself has died TWICE canonicaly! Real heroes aren't immortal. is it an act of heroism, if they are giving no more than a couple minutes of their possibly limitless life to save yours? a real hero is willing to risk something to save you.

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
Re: so i recently watched goku Vs. superman R.2... (SPOILERS!!!)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 10:43:28 AM »
see, thats the thing... superman was litterally created as a "shining new hope" durring a time in america that needed a hero so op that it was ok, thats the problem with the death battle of goku vs superman, superman was born as a figure for "hope" and goku was created more as a form of "hoping"....

its like comparing your childhood hero to the real person, hulk hogan ain't hulk hogan, he's Terry Gene Bollea

what i'm basically trying to type, since well, i ain't saiyan anything.... see what i did there, but on point, logic in a FAKE fight between anime and comic is the killer in this fight, when the truth is, they would NEVER fight to the death, maybe vegeta but not goku, he'd rather challenge supes to a sparring match and be happy that theres someone out there stronger than him and superman would probally be happy just to have another friend to fight for justice.

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 11:43:02 AM »
The problem with Superman vs anyone outside of DC universe(or top Tier from other universes) is that he is always put up against the strongest fighters from these mediums(Goku being the main) without fully looking into what Superman can do and then when he wins people like to claim "he's to op" or "I call bias" when really Superman isn't that powerful at all.

Yes Superman is op compared to Goku just as Goku is op compared to someone like Naruto(from what I remember) but in reality Superman is only mid tier at best in the DC universe and will get his butt handed to him which is why he constantly needs help from the justice league to handle threats that are above his pay grade.

Lastly don't take the animation from the deathbattle seriously because it's just made to be entertaining(as they have said). There is no way to know how a fight between them would go blow for blow so the only thing that matters in the end is that Superman would be the victor.

my new one

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 09:59:36 PM »
I can see why people needed someone to look up to, but to make him virtually immortal and able to overcome his VERY FEW weaknesses just kind of detracts from him in a way. like I said, a hero isn't a hero if he risks little to nothing. throwing the word super before hero changes nothing. I mean, I get it, the people wanted someone to look up to, who wouldn't take any crap from anyone considered evil, and who had so much power, they didn't have to put up with it either. and oh yeah, he had to have a perfect moral compass. well, at least what is considered to be one by the target audience. frankly, i'm kinda drawing a connection to someone called GOD in an ancient book called the BIBLE...

and @ eg6gsr: you do have a point. I mean, beerus would have fared far better, and not just in terms of power, but "powers". I mean, turn an egg to sand with just a tap? if they can justify giving goku a lobotomy, then they can't say anything about beerus' "touch of death". or maybe a well placed destructo disk, since their strength doesn't seem to be affected by power levels (could have sliced nappa in two, and DID relieve freiza of a chunk of tail, and I think in the manga, removed vegeta's great ape tail)

at any rate, yeah, i'm not saying goku should have won. as much as I hate to admit it, he legitimately lost. but to walk through that Kamehameha... it just didn't look right after actually being knocked back by punches alone. poorly done thar screwattack.

and something else that was bothering me... superman's speed. isn't he bound by the speed force like the flash? in which case, isn't there a limit to speed in superman's world? or at the very least, the thing about superman going from a galaxy far far away straight to earth in a matter of minutes, (let alone being able to hear the alarm watch that far, that fast) shouldn't he have broken the time barrier? flash did it once, and his evil counterpart did before that even. (incase anyone's wondering, i'm referencing The Flashpoint Paradox. it's a good movie if anyone's interested.)

heh, heck, at this point, as far as characters that can beat superman on their own, Shulk from Xenoblade may be the only one left!
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:00:45 PM by cheddarsworld »

Offline candido159

• Last Login:September 03, 2022, 08:34:00 AM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 04:41:13 PM »
You're calling Superman Op??
Wait till you'll meet Saitama  :D

I mean, I bet he could beat superman right ?  =P~
You guys know Saitama ??  :-@

I don't watch anime but I recommend you guys to watch it  <_<|...|

He doesn't have a valid explanation about his powers thou...
Well a character is a character..

See this is my point, the creators are the one giving this characters their abilities..
If he's strong, he's strong..
As eg6gsr said "don't take the animation from the deathbattle seriously"

At least they made it amazingly cool..

Well if you didn't liked it, you can always watch this

A battle with no explaination.. :Terry

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 05:39:39 PM »
I've more or less said my peace on the matter, but I just don't see why a super hero needs to be unbeatable just because. make him unbeatable because he earned it. make him unbeatable because he knows how to win with what he has. NOT because it was given to him. NOT because he needs to be. NOT because people want him to win.

...I feel stupid. I've felt the same way about superman before as I do goku now. and since I've given it more thought, basicly all hero stories are the same thing. they win because they hve to. they win because the writer will make a way for them to just because he wants the story to go that way. just like that, I could write a character that could beat superman and yet be on par with goku. I could write a character that is so stupid that they stumble onto the power to warp space and time. in the end, they're just stories, and that's the point. if toriyama wanted goku to be able to beat superman, he would have wrote him that way. but he didn't.

i'm done with this. I still don't care for superman's godlike power, but at least I understand it better now.

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 12:06:43 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 06:48:28 PM »
aaaaand THAT'S how they do things?! for one: LAZY! canonical screwups aside, (shenron and dragon balls with earth's gaurdian dead? coughBULLcough!) superman just WALKS THROUGH a SSGSS kamehameha? one that MORE than put freiza down!? and then straight up KILLS goku with a brain burn? they could have at LEAST made the fight more entertaining! superman fans should even be upset this time!

that being said, twice over now, they have made superman, super god. at this point, i now hate superman. i know how lex feels now. i mean, sure, superman has weaknesses, but he's so strong now, that at this point, those weaknesses can be overcome by speed or even sheer will!

you know, as a kid, i used to prefer superman to batman. i thought, "there's no way he can loose! he'll just beat the bad guys to a pulp!" now, he's just too strong to be likeable. a good superhero needs to have more than just a weakness. there needs to be a real and legitimate threat to his mortality for him to be believable. for him to be even worth calling. i mean, a hero is someone who risks their lives to save others. is superman even at risk? he has never TRULY died, right? not in any of the comics? i mean, old age possibly (never read any SM comics, and now don't want to). but other heroes? plenty of risk! batman could easily be killed with enough guns firing. stray bullet to the lower face. green lantern? yup. catch him off guard. he's just a human without that ring. and Goku himself has died TWICE canonicaly! Real heroes aren't immortal. is it an act of heroism, if they are giving no more than a couple minutes of their possibly limitless life to save yours? a real hero is willing to risk something to save you.

I find it strange you talk about exaggerated powers when Goku is involved, but Superman lifted the weight of the earth for a week and is much faster than light, it was expected that it would end with Goku easily.

To assuage their anger, Goku was not designed to fight superman

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 12:06:43 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 06:53:10 PM »
I've more or less said my peace on the matter, but I just don't see why a super hero needs to be unbeatable just because. make him unbeatable because he earned it. make him unbeatable because he knows how to win with what he has. NOT because it was given to him. NOT because he needs to be. NOT because people want him to win.

...I feel stupid. I've felt the same way about superman before as I do goku now. and since I've given it more thought, basicly all hero stories are the same thing. they win because they hve to. they win because the writer will make a way for them to just because he wants the story to go that way. just like that, I could write a character that could beat superman and yet be on par with goku. I could write a character that is so stupid that they stumble onto the power to warp space and time. in the end, they're just stories, and that's the point. if toriyama wanted goku to be able to beat superman, he would have wrote him that way. but he didn't.

i'm done with this. I still don't care for superman's godlike power, but at least I understand it better now.

These anime characters, always have fancy powers, and without a decent explanation, if they were a deadly battle between saitama and Superman, Superman would take him into space, there this character would have limitations, he did not resist attacks in super speed Superman probably one day, you will see saitama be cut with glass

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[Today at 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD