collapse

Author Topic: Green Goblin by Acey and AvX Cap America palette problem  (Read 540 times)

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 07, 2021, 12:14:08 PM
Green Goblin by Acey and AvX Cap America palette problem
« on: July 06, 2015, 12:48:16 PM »
Hey guys.. I'm using a Mugen 1.1 screenpack and I used FF3 to resave these 2 chars as 1.1 sffs so that I can add PNG portraits

Unfortunately, whenever they get hit, they're palettes change to default

This only happens with Acey chars

Any suggestions?

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
Re: Green Goblin by Acey and AvX Cap America palette problem
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 04:29:00 AM »
Only when they're hit? This sounds to me like a winmugen character being converted up a couple of levels.

Most likely the sprites have gone in unshared for some reason (older FF's often broke stuff with linked sprites) because they have the same palette as the character, still changed colour (small portrait is an example of this) but in mugen 1.1 this "bug" is fixed. You're going to have to check ALL the hitsprites (and probably everything) to make sure they are all actually using a shared palette. I think there's a checkbox for this, been ages since i really did any mugen stuff.

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 07, 2021, 12:14:08 PM
Re: Green Goblin by Acey and AvX Cap America palette problem
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »
Only when they're hit? This sounds to me like a winmugen character being converted up a couple of levels.

Most likely the sprites have gone in unshared for some reason (older FF's often broke stuff with linked sprites) because they have the same palette as the character, still changed colour (small portrait is an example of this) but in mugen 1.1 this "bug" is fixed. You're going to have to check ALL the hitsprites (and probably everything) to make sure they are all actually using a shared palette. I think there's a checkbox for this, been ages since i really did any mugen stuff.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah mugen 1.1 allows for png file ports. I can't add png to regular sffs so I have to upgrade them to 1.1 sffs

If I were to use palette 3 for example, it shows up fine in game but when a char gets hit, the palette changes back to pal 1 but that's only during gethit animations

Makes me almost want to delete a char from my 1.1 roster when that happens but the features (zoom, png ports, my newest screenpack, etc) are so much fun that I prefer 1.1 but a few of Acey chars don't operate well in it... the 2 I've found so far with issues are AvX Cap with the scaled costume and the Green Goblin

All of the chars from all the other authors (you, Zvitor, Loganir, Infinite, DivineWolf, POTS, Jmorphman, Arkady, etc) I use work fine though.. its just these few from Acey

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 [29] 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal