collapse

Author Topic: Playing Mugen 1.0 online  (Read 1726 times)

Offline pilade

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 21, 2014, 03:45:02 AM
Playing Mugen 1.0 online
« on: December 06, 2013, 06:14:33 PM »
Hi to all.I would want to play mugen with a friend that lives in another country.How can i do? just with teamviewer...? is it the best option? i have a fast adsl..he has a 128 kb adsl..do you think we can do smth decent?

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
Re: Playing Mugen 1.0 online
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 12:53:32 AM »
No, that'll suck. Even with a decent connection RDP isn't designed for that and it will play like complete anus.

Also, if you insist on continuing, hope you REALLY trust your friend and he's a good guy, because 2 keystrokes can delete your entire mugen folder. Or anything else.

Offline [PRB] | TheFclass97

• Local mod of IKEMEN on MFG
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 03, 2019, 05:55:44 PM
  • IKEMEN... An engine that does wonders...
    • Skype - PRB AUC | TheFclass97
    • IKEMEN MFG
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 10:43:34 AM »
Mugen Online has been a subject of debate for quite a while, and to use "teamviewer" as a way to play mugen online has been tried out countless times. I even tried, and well I really don't  recommend it. It's super slow, hard to really play (even with good connectivity), and you must TRUST your partner or whoever you're playing in order to do this. HOWEVER, there is a different option instead of teamviewer, you should try out the "I.K.E.M.E.N" engine with "Log Me In Hamachi." It works quite well & lag isn't so much a problem, and as for your PC, I don't think people can really HACK your stuff. If you want to know more about it, you can message me or check out my videos (self-advertising  :) ) if you want. If you want a good mugen 1.0 experience, don't use teamviewer, but instead try out IKEMEN and Log Me In Hamachi (and yes you need both). Again, if you have more questions, I would feel free to answer them.  :-??

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TheFclass97
I should get good... But I never like trying... If I do try, you mean something special ^_~

Offline pilade

• Initiate
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 04:16:05 PM »
Well....if i understood well we can use hamachi....how can we use it to play mugen??????

• Forum Member
    • IKEMEN MFG
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 04:46:31 PM »
Well pilade, first you need Hamachi & I.K.E.M.E.N to do this. If you want, I can give u a link between two ikemens that I have if you want  :Wink (though they are a bit of in a work and progress state). Would you like them?  :-[

I should get good... But I never like trying... If I do try, you mean something special ^_~

Offline pilade

• Initiate
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 05:53:09 PM »
 =D> yes yes..just explain me something...my friend doesnt have mugen..he wants to try..we can play? how does it works?
and above all it works fine? we can do good fights?

Thanks for your answer

• Forum Member
    • IKEMEN MFG
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 08:55:40 PM »
Yes pilade, you & your friend (or friends) can play this mugen. All you need to do is send your friend the EXACT mugen I will give to you (you can send him the link or whatever). The link will be in your messages (PM). Also, in the download is instructions on how to play it, or you can just ask me and I will help you, but if you follow he instructions, you and your friend will have a good time. I hope you like the game [-O< and remember, it is still being worked on, so it ain't perfect yet  :-?? .

Offline Cyanide

• Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 01:02:22 AM »
IKEMEN is not mugen. It can make use of the same files and has many of the same features. If you download IKEMEN you can put any mugen character into it, and it will work. Except it may be a bit buggy. Simpler characters are definitely a must here. Anything complicated will probably cause issues.

tl;dr. It'll work, but the experience wouldn't be the same as 2 people with controllers playing mugen on a PC.

• Forum Member
    • IKEMEN MFG
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 09:06:56 AM »
Cyanide, you are right... somewhat... Ikemen is not Mugen, but it's kind of like a clone (like Infcat), but yeah Ikemen is not mugen. Also, it does has some buggyness to it, but it works fine with me. Hell, I'm kind of editing my Ikemen to make it more Mugeny. And as for "It'll work, but the experience wouldn't be the same as 2 people with controllers playing mugen on a PC," i don't understand what you're trying to say. Are you trying to imply that Ikemen doesn't work with controllers?  /:O Cause  Objection! You CAN play Ikemen with your favorite chars, of 1.0 chars, and YOU CAN PLAY IKEMEN WITH YOUR CONTROLLERS! Just use something like JoyToKey to set the keys (remember, I don't quite understand what you mean from what you said about the controller). Yeah, I know it ain't perfect, but it works GREAT for now until "Electbyte" decides whether or not to add a netcode to mugen.

Offline Cyanide

• Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 12:42:08 AM »
I'm not saying that. I'm saying IKEMEN online will not give you the same experience as mugen in its multiplayer format. It will be slightly laggy. There will be bugs.

Compared to loading up mugen and playing it against another human in the same room, which will be lagless and have no bugs.

I am well aware he is not looking into the second option, i am only trying to set expectations.

• Forum Member
    • IKEMEN MFG
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 02:51:42 PM »
I'm not saying that. I'm saying IKEMEN online will not give you the same experience as mugen in its multiplayer format. It will be slightly laggy. There will be bugs.

Compared to loading up mugen and playing it against another human in the same room, which will be lagless and have no bugs.

I am well aware he is not looking into the second option, i am only trying to set expectations.

Ahhhh.... okay. That makes more sense. Bugs are common, and the lag is there, but for me lag isn't so bad (even with my s&%ternet  :( ). But still, it's as far as mugen online we can get for now, and it at least is functional. I like it  :-??

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar