collapse

Author Topic: An important status update from me  (Read 747 times)

Offline DarkValentine

• The Fanfic artist of M.U.G.E.N
  • Stage Creator
  • Last Login:September 06, 2020, 06:47:50 PM
  • The FanFic Artist of M.U.G.E.N
    • DV's Works
    • Email
An important status update from me
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:52:07 PM »
Hello all, for those who do and don't know me, It's me. DV. I have a few good things to say, that I wasn't able to put up on my site, for quite some time. So, instead of putting it there, I'll just put it here.

These last few months have been a real life changing experience for me. More than I anticipated. A lot of things were going on outside of my life, that I needed to put more attention towards, than the ripping i'm supposed to be doing. I'm still doing it, it's just going to take a longer time to do so. I'll explain this as I go along.

First thing's first: I finally became a manager at my job. I had to take a lot of training in the departments that I manage. So that for the most part, took me away from doing my ripping. I also started to get back on good terms with people in my family. Business before pleasure in this case. And MUGEN is a pleasure & hobby for me. Which meant I had only enough time to put it towards console gaming, or working on the stages that I wanted to get released, as part of the Retro Stage Project. Trying to balance between the two, makes things a lot harder than it looks.

As for the progress of that, 30% of that list has been ripped. The layers just need to be cut, cleaned up, and ready to make stages out of them. It's a really BIG list. So I know now, with the very little time I have to enjoy myself, I won't be able to finish ripping the rest of these games alone. I even had to put my Street Survivors mod on the back burner. That was a really hard decision to do, solely because it has been in development for over a year. Almost 2 years now. That is just TOO long of a time.

Which goes back to why this post is being made: I'm still going to be the Retro Stage Creator that most know me for. And I'm still going to be churning out stages. But at a slower pace. Releasing the Downtown Highrise, WVBA Minor Circuit & X-Kaliber 2097 stages late last year, made me feel good, and show that I still got what it takes, to make these stages happen. I'm far from being out of ideas, but having little time to do them & enjoy myself is being a drag on my attention. And I don't like that.

So, I'm going to just ask two things, for those who do look forward to the Retro stuff that I make. 1: I ask that those who are looking for me to update something, have a little faith & patience. Life always gets in the way of the fun we have. But it is an inevitable sensation that must take hold in our lives. And 2: for those who want to partake in assisting me with ripping & releasing the stages in my Retro Stages thread (i'll have to look it up here. Pretty sure it's still there by now), I'm giving full permission to have anyone take a game that has not been ripped, and do so. However they see fit. The list is a very tall order, but there is no order it can be done. Go right ahead.

With all this said, I'm still going to be around, if anyone needs to ask me any questions or advice, but I want to find a way to make it up to the people of IMT. I want to do something for IMT that I haven't done, since the Castle Terrace Stage for SuperMVC. I want to make a stage, based on IMT itself. Knowing how wild and vivid my imagination would be, I can attempt to come up with something, to have a stage that would fully represent IMT as a whole. I did it for 1 forum already, so why not another, right?

The stage will be my way of making up for lost time. If and when I have my concept ready to show something, I will indeed post it here on IMT.

Anyone can feel free to message me on anything they want to talk about, I'm always all ears.  ::salute::

DV

"Today, your inevitable teaching. Tomorrow, your unavoidable Schooling - DarkValentine1984"

DV's Works

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
Re: An important status update from me
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 11:51:14 PM »
Very motivational Dark Valentine,

I too have to admit, I have very same sentiments, tho Mugen and Video Games are a part of my life, something that i can never truly let go. I miss the daze of drilling custom sprite sheets, and learn Mugen Codes from the best in the business here at IMT.

There isnt a day that goes by where i forget look at my Infinity Sword Crest Tattoo on my Left forearm and think back "Wow, Ive made an impact on someone, someone in another region across the world", meeting some of the best people in my life in the process.

I to am at fault to being consumed with Reality and it's obligation for survive, as well as console gaming ((PSN: aPoC_OFWG // for anyone that members me.))... I will be taking more time to help contribute tp the board and a special message to my OG brotherens  Excursion, Acey, EsKrO, Sabaki, Yuri Jacobs, Laspacho, O Illu, MGM, Zvitor, god i cant even think all off the names at the moment but thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I always feel forgotten at times, then log in and remember one thing - I am home.  XD||

I love and miss you all.
-"aPoC."

KiK @aPoC_OFWGKTA

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 01:16:29 AM »

Reality always pawns Fantasy... but Fantasy exists due to the desire for Realism.

I think i'm starting to see a trend here... it's summer on your hemisphere right??? so winter comes, indoors and boredom had a baby... named it GAME.

Thanks to both for being inspirational, motivational and just plain cool.

:)

Offline DarkValentine

• Stage Creator
    • DV's Works
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 02:50:35 AM »
Reality always pawns Fantasy... but Fantasy exists due to the desire for Realism.

I think i'm starting to see a trend here... it's summer on your hemisphere right??? so winter comes, indoors and boredom had a baby... named it GAME.

Thanks to both for being inspirational, motivational and just plain cool.

:)

You're quite welcome. It humbles me to know that I provided some kind of inspiration, in some form. It'll be quite a long time, before I hang up my tags in MUGEN. Until then, I'll drop by, and release a stage here and there, when the time becomes available.
"Today, your inevitable teaching. Tomorrow, your unavoidable Schooling - DarkValentine1984"

DV's Works

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 04:22:14 PM »
whats up DV good to see you still around. Life always comes first before the hobby so we can definitely wait on your progress on stages. im still jamming to the last stages you put out too btw

and on that note...

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DarkValentine

• Stage Creator
    • DV's Works
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 07:42:52 PM »
whats up DV good to see you still around. Life always comes first before the hobby so we can definitely wait on your progress on stages. im still jamming to the last stages you put out too btw

and on that note...

I still need to update it, to make it ready for mugen 1.0 and up. The rips for D.D. crew is rather large, and that is one game that could just have it's entire set ripped specifically for 1.0 & 1.1. We will see. Aside from that, Glad to see it's being made use of atm.

DV's Works

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD